G'day
[html]OOC: 03.07.2012. Noon-ish. Fundy bay coast. Pan, pups and Gelar are around. Optime form (loinclothed)

The soft roar of the ocean filled Bairds oversized ears, just like it had done for the last month. Normally that would be a soothing noise and he knew that many people found it relaxing, but for a natural landie like himself it had become irritating. He was sick of pitching about in a wooden tub on the freezing ocean, getting sprayed with icy spume, and being covered in small, fuzzy balls of Tiger Quoll. He longed for the heat of his homeland, the background buzz of bugs, the sudden silences that were occasionally broken by the screaming cackle of a Kookaburra.

As his mind flicked to Kookaburra's he thought of Gelar and why the bird hadn't woken him yet; the sun was hot on his yellow back, it was long past the time the Kookaburra should have awoken him. He placed a long fingered hand-paw on the wooden deck of the boat to push himself up. But his paw pad didn't contact worn wood, it slid against soft sand. His head shot up from the sand, little particles cascading from his snout. He looked around frantically; he was no longer on the Anna-Marie but on a long strip of sandy land. The ocean lapped at his toes and a quiet breeze ruffled the longer parts of his fur.

His body popped upright very suddenly and he scanned his surroundings quickly. From his scan he deduced that the boat was nowhere to be seen, he was alone and he had no idea where he was. His ears then stood erect and his hackles raised as he realised something: He was alone! He fell into a strange crouch and re-scanned his environment, desperation in his movements. A mewl from a few yards away caught his attention and he leaped over to the source of the sound, gathering up a writhing ball of russet and white fur. "Crikey guys, you scared me a tad then. Thought I'd lost all of ya." He drawled, his Australian accent lazily plucking at the words. Five small creatures ran up his arms then, all of them rushing to snuggle against his neck. He laughed to himself and nuzzled against them for a moment, his verdant eyes fixed on the larger creature in his paws. He smiled at her, the goggles on his forehead moving as his brow crinkled.

He straightened again, moving his paw to his shoulder so that the Quoll could perch on his furred shoulder. "Alright Pan, where did Gelar flap off to?" He asked the Quoll, she looked at him with liquid chocolate eyes, her tiny shoulders shrugging slightly. It was a gesture that she had learned from him, her five offspring copied the movement and Baird couldn't help laughing aloud making one of the little males tumble from his unstable perch. Luckily the Quoll pup landed on the soft sand and scrambled back up Bairds body to huddle against his mother on the dingoes shoulder. The Aussie offered a claw for the pup to rub against, which he did happily.

A raucous chorus of cackles erupted from the treeline that was not far away from the beach and the dingo grinned, he jogged towards the treeline and called into the canopy, "Gelar! Get your clacker down here." The Kookaburra launched himself from the branch of a tree and swooped down on the dingo, his rotund brown and ivory body skimming the tips of the dingoes ears. Gelar circled around and landed atop Bairds head. He flicked a white rimmed pinna at the bird and got a nip from the birds powerful beak in return. He paused then and sighed, it seemed he had arrived somewhere and he was lost, but wasn't that the start of all grand adventures?[/html]
[html]

WC:: 420 - Blah, fail post. Forgive me >.<

Her herb supply had been left back within the caves, donated to her previous pack's stores, part out of guilt for leaving them, mainly though it was because lugging the various ingredients would have been a lot more hassle then they were worth; most of what she needed grew either in or around her new homes lands. With her leather bag strung over her shoulder and Jason diligently working, finding more rubbish then actual herbs as the pheasant did every time she took him with her, the bag had slowly began to fill up with a variety of things she required to make her inks and dyes. Following nothing more then her whimsical mind, the golden librarian soon began to track her way down to the small stretch of sandy shore that hugged close to her pack lands claimed territory. Throwing the bag on the soft surface she allowed for Jason to go out and enjoy himself, running around with excessive amount of energy that only the pheasants seemed to be able to conjure up at a seconds notice.

Leaning back she stretched herself out upon the gentle ground, caring little if she got herself covered in sand in the process. Blue eyes half closed she drifted into a light sleep, listening to the comforting sounds of Jason rummaging around and the movement of water and other typical sounds one could only find by the ocean. Time slipped her by and reluctantly she hauled herself up of the ground, raising in a stiff manner onto two paws before dusting the particles, titling her head up to the sky she judged it was roughly noon. “Jason” her voice was laced with sleep but the bird quickly responded running a small circle around her once before she bent down and picked him up, cradling him against her chest.

Yawning loudly she ran her eyes of the shore and began to walk along down it, neither rushing nor going slowly, falling into her natural stride. It was then she heard the males voice, although she could easily have overlooked him, his pelt standing out as much as hers against the sandy terrain and with her mind clouded by dreams she'd almost dismissed the sound to be a sea-gulls call. Cocking her head to the side in a bird like manner she watched him with bored curiosity before stepping closer to him, coming to a stop when she believed herself to be within conversing distance. “Well you look like you've had a fun day”

<style>
.gracai1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.gracai1 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gracai1 b {color:#993b35; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#989493 1px 1px 2px; }
.gracai1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6093/gracetab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify; }
.gracai1 .inner {margin:85px 160px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/75pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:415px; overflow:auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 551Have an equally shocking post.

A distinctly female voice broke through his thoughts on adventure, he whirled around and his shockingly green eyes fell on the tall sandy coloured woman. He flicked his eyes up and down her form, taking in her lack of clothing, the leather bag, her dread locked hair and the strange bird that rested in her arms. He felt a smirk work its way onto his muzzle; he was always ready with a smirk or a smart remark and this time was no different. "Ah, it's been a bonzer day." He laughed, his usual acidic sarcasm creeping into his Aussie tones, "One of my favourite things is to catch forty winks on a strange beach. The only problem with I find with the practice is finding sand in the loincloth." He made a face of discomfort and scratched at his rear end for emphasis. He was aware he was acting boorish, but he knew no other way to act around others, especially women.

Gelar chose that moment to let a stream of raucous cackling erupt from his throat. Baird winced as the piercing noise temporarily deafened him. He raised one hand-paw and flicked the birds large beak with a claw, "Ah, shut yer trap, Gelar!" He half shouted. He grimaced at the woman, "Apologies for Gelar, miss." he flicked his ears sideways; he was unfamiliar with the courtesy system for wolves. He was a Dingo and an Australian, things were different where he came from. He smiled up at her, "He's just a bit of an idiot."

Baird nodded to the bird in her arms, "That's a fair strange flapper you got there miss, I've never seen anything like it." His voice betrayed his inquisitiveness, animals were his thing, he much preferred their company to other canines, finding that canines, especially Four legs, didn't understand his brand of sarcasm. In his questioning about her strange bird he forgot for a moment that he was probably the first dingo that this country had ever seen, and that was likely the same for his kookaburra and the quolls. It was then that the 5 young pups chose to peer over his sandy furred shoulders and Pan nibbled on his finger, when Baird recoiled the quoll mother mewled loudly at him, scolding him in Low Speech. He chittered back at her and rolled his eyes, "Apologies for my rudeness, miss." He said, giving Pan a meaningful look. "My friend here reminded me that I was forgetting something. I'm Baird Byrne, some call me God, others Asshole, but you can just call me Baird." He drawled. He pointed to his head and the bird still perched between his ears, "That's Gelar, he's a Kookaburra and a moron." Hie black claw then pointed to the quoll in his other paw and then to the five little faces peering over his shoulders, "This is Pangari, Pan for short. She's a Tiger Quoll and mother to these five little bundles of fun. She takes her nagging very seriously." He laughed as Pan went in for another nip to his finger. He looked up to the woman, "Quick question, where am I?" He asked, not wanting to sound like an idiot, but needing to know that he was in Nova Scotia and not on some random beach on the coast of America.

Photo courtesy of pierre pouliquin

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#f7f4a2; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 {background-color:#7e3826; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3848/bairdbyrne2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:358px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]