The Land Beckons You
[html]

out of character here

The indecisive hybrid would have rather continued to play with Adelle, maybe race again or find something else to do. Instead, more serious business was brought up at Sidra quickly shut down. The first time they'd met, Sidra had felt as though she'd be more than welcomed into the warrior pack since she was a warrior herself and very confident of her skills. But, as the time elapsed, there were various doubts that arose simply tempting her to forget about the idea. Adelle was here now and asking her in all seriousness if she was going to join Casa.

As Sidra walked, she dare not look over to Adelle knowing the expression that probably adorned her face. Adelle's words pulled a mental trigger inside the lengthy canine and she immediately spun around to meet those puppy dog eyes. Of course she was a good warrior, she would make a great warrior, or so she though. Scared was something she only knew in the face of one thing, the traffickers and men, she was not scared! As for Kativa. The coy-wolf wasn't holding Sidra back at all. In fact, she'd been pushing her to go the borders. Their goodbyes would be tearful if they were ever said, but that was not something Sidra even thought about. The slender female was growing quite fervent in the face of those questions, her eyes narrowing in a fierce gaze. All of those are the least of my worries! I would make a fine warrior for Casa, a true asset! And I am certainly not scared, of anything! Kativa has no influence over me. Not all the truth.

It was the dedication to a family and what they expected of her that scared her. Sidra couldn't stand the thought of being responsible for other's lives after failing to protect the life of the one person that meant the the most. If she joined and let her leader and her pack mates down, she'd be devastated. Another part of it had to do with trust. Trust had been something she handed out to a very select few. How could she so easily hand over her trust to Casa and all of the canines who were a part of the pack? How could she tell any of that to someone she'd only spent a few hours with and didn't trust fully yet? Adelle was right though, she was scared. It all scared the hell out of her. I'm just worried about Kativa, what will she do when I'm gone? Lie. The hybrid was spiraling out of control in need of a assurance.

<style type="text/css">
.moocow-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#fdfcfa; text-shadow:#3e2a4d 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.moocow-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.moocow-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #fdfcfa; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.moocow-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.moocow-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#754f92; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vIJsl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3e2a4d; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e2a4d; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

As they walked along Adelle waited patiently for her answer, doing her best to be sympathetic. It was hard for her to comprehend why Sidra would be waiting, as young as she was. Adelle still drew very much on her own experiences to understand the world, not yet exposed to enough of the world to see a wider view and make decisions based on that. The attempt was there, if not yet developed. That would only come with age.

She pulled back as Sidra spun around, holding herself tall. Adelle still towered over her, but it was difficult to think on why she was finding herself caught in such an intense beam of heat. Hearing Sidra's reply it sounded an awful lot like Adelle had called Sidra a coward in her attempt to be nice. Trying to play along without getting herself in more trouble Adelle nodded her head. She'll go and be herself. That's what Adelle would do. Be sad, then move on.

<style type="text/css">
.adelaze b {font-weight:bold; color:#d3ffff; font-family:georgia; text-shadow:#48574f 1px 1px 3px;}
.adelaze p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.adelaze {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#c4ecd6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2JXhy.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #48574f; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:arial; font-size:13px; color:#48574f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.adelaze .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.adelaze p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.adelaze p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character here

Sidra saw the way the pup backed up as she turned to face Adelle but the hybrid stayed as she was. Of course she found Adelle's words as a challenge or a dis. She didn't think about the things she'd said for even a second and responded as the hot-headed being she was. The pup answered telling her Kativa would move on. She already knew that. Lying wasn't getting her anywhere like this. With a sigh, she lowered her head, ears flicking back as she realized this wasn't right. Adelle was one of the first people she'd felt safe around and enjoyed spending time with since she came to this land, why should she lie to her? Sidra found herself feeling bad about her constant lies, for once, viewing the gold and black dog as a friend. Sidra stopped in her tracks and sat herself down, her tail still against the ground.

I'm sorry. I haven't been truthful. I know Kativa will be fine without me, that's not what's bugging me. Wolfish eyes looked over at the one she considered a friend as she tried to correct her mistakes. What if I'm not good enough for your pack? What if I really aren't a good warrior, what if I let you all down? What if... It took her a minute to admit, a deep breath was taken before her eyes shifted to the ground. What if I am scared? There is a whole pack that is going to depend on me and the truth is, I don't know if I'm good enough. I don't want to let anyone down, not again. For the first time, she was actually speaking truthfully with someone. Adelle was the first to hear of these emotions she was feeling about Casa. Not even Kativa knew, at least not by Sidra telling her.

<style type="text/css">
.moocow-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#fdfcfa; text-shadow:#3e2a4d 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.moocow-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #fdfcfa; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.moocow-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#754f92; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vIJsl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3e2a4d; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e2a4d; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Adelle watched cautiously as Sidra sat down on the ground. As much as Adelle tried to grasp things, she wasn't an adult as she wished. Moments like this reminded her of that fact, and how often adults would choose to do something she didn't understand. Adelle didn't like that fact in the slightest, but she still dealt with it. Someday she would know why these choices were made. Adelle would just have to wait until then.

Adelle lowered herself to the ground next to Sidra, serious as she could get to focus and listen to her friend. Startlement flooded through Adelle as Sidra confessed lying. That wasn't right. Adelle did lie, but mainly because she'd been doing something that would land her in trouble, or because she wanted to get out of doing something. Sidra hadn't done anything like that, had she? As the fears were spoken out loud Adelle listened, slow understanding creeping through her. Adelle didn't understand all of it, but what she did she grasped well.

Slowly Adelle sorted through her feelings. She was sad, and worried, and wanted to help her friend. There was no reason to be scared after all. Hitting on an answer Adelle smiled, tail wagging. You don't just take care of the pack. The pack takes care of you. I couldn't fight when I came to Casa. They taught me how. You won't let the pack down. It would mean letting me down, and I trust you with my life. You won't let me down. It's alright.

<style type="text/css">
.adelaze b {font-weight:bold; color:#d3ffff; font-family:georgia; text-shadow:#48574f 1px 1px 3px;}
.adelaze p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.adelaze {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#c4ecd6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2JXhy.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #48574f; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:arial; font-size:13px; color:#48574f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.adelaze .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.adelaze p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.adelaze p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character here

There were a few moments of silence after Sidra admitted to lying. Maybe she'd upset Adelle by lying to her. She would understand if that was the case. If a friend lied to her, she'd definitely be upset. Sidra could only hope that Adelle would come to understand that she was scared and lying was her way of avoiding the frightening situations she had to deal with. Her whole life she'd been lying to someone, constantly trying to keep herself safe. Lying to customers because that was her job. Adelle wasn't a customer or anyone that was going to harm her, she was a friend and now Sidra felt bad about not telling the truth in the first place. A bright smile from the dog broke the silence, Sidra's head raising and ears pushing forward to listen to what she had to say. Her own tail swayed in relief seeing that the girl wasn't angry at her.

Adelle's words were surprisingly mature and comforted the hybrid greatly. She was right after all. Being in a pack meant that there were others there to catch her when she felt and she would reciprocate. If she wasn't the best fighter, then she would learn to be and would make them proud. She'd make Adelle proud too. The pup said she trusted Sidra with her life which meant the world to the yearling. This dog that she'd only spent a day with trusted her with her life, a true friend. A smile spread on Sidra's lips, tail picking up faster as she realized that maybe she was thinking too much. There were still doubts and fears that lingered but once she joined she could overcome them if she tried hard enough and Sidra wasn't one to give up. The hybrid took a large breath to ease her nerves, she was ready now. You trust me that much? I trust you too and if you say things will be alright then I believe you. She said it out loud for the first time, she trusted the young girl from Casa. I'm still scared. I haven't been part of a pack for pretty much my whole life and it will take some getting used to, but I'm ready to try.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Adelle grinned broadly as Sidra took in a deep breath. Being with Sidra was fun, but it would be more fun if they could play together more often. It was exciting, just thinking about what they could do. There was so much she could do if there was someone closer to her age. Most of the Casa members were older, and wiser. Not anyone she could share her dreams and triumphs with. She told Grandpa everything, but he couldn't keep up with her.

Standing up she nudged Sidra gently. She shifted into optime form, bones sliding and rotating as she adapted to be able to stand vertical. Holding out a hand she grinned. Let's go to our pack then.