And the one poor child that saved this world
[html]

Leaving this open for 1 week for others to reply! This is a Rast ceremony for Lillith :] Information on the ceremony can be found Here, on our website's culture page. Nat, do you know what rank tier you'd like Lillith in?

She had found Lillith easily enough the night before, and had taken the time to sit down and explain to the younger canine about the Rast ceremony. Life in Anathema was not entirely governed by ceremonies, and all were optional with the exception of the Rite of Agares, or blood-sharing ritual. There was such a thing as too much ceremony, or too many laws. In packs that Naniko had been a part of in the past, there had been very strict rules and regulations on how one should act, what they should do in the pack, and what they were not allowed to do. She liked to keep things more simple. It was a canine's own choice how far they would go in Anathema and what path they would choose to take. If they wanted, they could choose no path at all and stay a Zepar for all of their days...or maybe snag a co-rank for themselves.

Naniko was curious about what sort of animal the girl would bring. She'd started a fire earlier in the afternoon, and was now piling more wood onto it in anticipation for the gathering. Food from their spacious storage cave had been brought out and was displayed on tables on the other side of Maxia Negra. She hoped that many in the pack would come to watch this spectacle, as it wasn't very often that they had pups come of age in the pack. She stood back then lifted her alabaster muzzle to call for the pack to gather, jade eyes focused on the stars above her for a moment before settling back on the surrounding forest.

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7daRf.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Just recently joined, and decided that I should meet more of the pack, even though Lukos technically joined Anathema on June 18, which would allow him plenty of time to say hi. Though he has been fixing his house in the Thackary Village, so he hasn't really been able to get out. I also just noticed that I was spelling Alaki's name wrong. Sorry.

Lukos finally finished working on the ground floor of his new house. The actual floor took up most of his time, abandoning the choice of repairing the old floor and settling on tearing it up and putting down new wooden planks. He thanked himself once again for spending most of his time learning about the forest by himself than fishing with his elders at his old fishing pack. Of course, He'd have to replenish the wood stock to what it was, but for now he took a well deserved rest. He looked around the house, checking that his walling is holding up, seeing if there was any cracks.

He wanted his home to be nice for any guests who wanted to drop by and see the new guy. So far there hasn't been anyone, besides the occasional warrior getting supplies from the weapons storage or visiting the training grounds, but that allowed him to get more work done. He would most likely need help with the second floor, but he was satisfied with what he accomplished so far. He made a mental note to find some furniture, or at least a bed. He was getting tired of sleeping on the hard floor, but was too preoccupied to do anything about it until now.

Once he wasn't as tired as of late, he got up and went outside to see what it looked like. When he took a step back and really looked at his house for the first time, it gave him a comical feeling. The bottom half looked rather nice, like someone actually lived there, but the top half was still as run down as when he first moved in. Since the upstairs floor was unstable to walk on, he hasn't been able to lean out a window and fix it up. He thought of using a ladder, but it's not really smart to use one without someone below holding it. He shrugged to himself, wondering if there was someone who wasn't busy enough to help him. He got the idea that no one actually knew he was here besides Malakai and Alaki, and they were the one's who let him in the pack. Well, Alaki was really the only one who let him in. Malakai was just a spectator. A very verbal spectator. he mused.

He was about to head back inside when he saw smoke in the distance. Fearing that it was a forest fire, he started running towards it, hoping he could put it out in time. Then he heard a female calling the pack from the direction of the smoke, so he guessed that it was under control. But the smoke was still going, so he assumed it was a bonfire. Curious on what it was that she wanted, he went back inside, took off his clothes and stuffed them into his bag that he wore around his neck. Lukos sifted into Secui form, feeling the sifting that he goes thorough so rarely, and started running in the fire's direction. Occasionally he looked up to see where he was going until he could smell the smoke. About a half a mile away he shifted back into Optime and put his clothes on again.

As he got closer, he started to smell some delicious food. This must be something major. Food, a bonfire, and the pack gathering. I wonder what this is? He walked out of the trees to see the fire, tables of food on the other side of a river, which looks like a beach. And off to the side, a pure white wolf, presumably the one who called. "Hello, I'm Lukos. I'm a bit new, could you please tell me what's going on? I haven't really been out much." he shrugged, being as clueless as possible. He didn't want to offend her. He was already on thin ice with Malakai, possibly Alaki.
[html]
:: Table done by Nuki :: :: WC ::473

Hearing the white leaders calls the Sawtooth lady moved with a god fearing grace. She knew it was not a dire thing for her to be at this gathering, however it was a pack advent and Charm was a member of the pack and so forth she believed that she should show up then for no other reason to support that pack member on this new chapter of their life.

Aeron had been spending time telling the calico lady about the member of the pack lands, and if they had any family that lived in the lands, slowly names where coming together with the mental image that the coyote helped paint for her, with her words and pointing the members out as they would take their walks. Charm was still trying to get all these names and faces right…the lady wondered why she was so awful about this face and names. Never the less she would lean them, if it was the last thing that she did.

Coming to the gathering the Sawtooth female dipped her head to the white leader, she was such a kind and loving leader…she really was, and the fact that she allowed Aeron to be mated to one of the pack’s Zepar only spoke of her character more. Charm loved her already like a big sister. (Stupid Charm didn’t know that her brother once walked in these lands under Naniko watchful eye also…stupid Charm)

Then she looked over to the male standing upon her two feet the lady smiled, as she sighed ever so softly. A magical happy sigh came out of her mouth, to go with a magical somewhat happy theme of the gathering that was going to be taking place. If only she knew of the kill that was going to happen. Then maybe she wouldn’t be so happy, matter of a fact she would be downright sickened. She knew well enough to keep her mouth shut though for the sake of Aeron and the sakes of others.

The Sawtooth lady’s soft pale purple eyes shimmered with the hope of being able to meet a new face (to her at least) ”Oh it’s a wonderful thing! It’s a ceremony! It’s a wonderful time for the pack to come together and rejoice! They just had one not that long ago. The Atheed, took her crush as her mate. It was magical, might I say. As I am sure this one will be!” The Sawtooth female giggled softly as her hand cupped the other hand she laid them in front of her. Her bracelet slipped down over her wrist bone and lay on top of her hand. It was her favorite gift…just because it was from Aeron.”Excuse me if I chatter your ears off, I am Charm, one of the Zepar’s of the pack! Nice to meet you!”

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f7e8cb; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #a58388; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#816c72; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Souls/charm-bracelet.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #422e37; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; padding: 250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bba6ad; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
OOC:Excuse me, did you say kill? As in animal or pack member?

"Ah, a ceremony you say? Interesting." That would explain the food and fire. he thought. Lukos was happy to see a friendly person in the pack. The first of many. he joked in his head. He observed the nod the calico gave the white wolf, so that must mean that she is of importance. He heard a familiar title, and said, "Excuse me, did you say Atheed? As in Aeron? She lives in the Storm Tree Villa, not far from my house next to the training grounds, correct?" Alaki mentioned her a bit on Lukos' tour of the village, and he never really saw her.

"Don't worry about talking, I about got chewed out for sarcasm at my joining ritual. My name is Lukos, a pleasure to meet you. Did you say that you were a Zepar too?" Finally, someone like me. Lukos wasn't sure why she was so bubbly. He guessed that she was just happy.
[html]

WC:552+ - OOC Points - 5 + 10 for joining a pack activity

The black male had been spending as much time with Axelle as she would allow but he understood a girl needed her space alone, too. In truth, Kai was the same, and so he had taken the opportunity to go for a run, simply to stretch his legs, to expend a little energy on something other than his female. It had all happened so quickly with her, and the feelings that flooded him were so intense for her, but he wasn't worried. Because Kai never lost, and he was confident that he wouldn't lose her either.

On the way back towards the Howling Caverns and his den, his tongue lolling as he ran, his legs starting to burn with the effort of the sprint, he suddenly slowed to a trot before stopping, his ears flicking at the noise that drifted over the air. A howl, a call from the Angela to the members of the pack. Something was happening, a ceremony perhaps. His breaths escaped him in rapid pants and Kai decided to head along to whatever it was that was happening.

As his heartbeat began to calm, Malakai trotted along towards the smoke he saw rise above the land. Sniffing the air as he moved in his Secui form, he approached the clearing and his eyes were drawn to the flames of the fire and immediatly saw his Alpha female, Naniko, piling more wood to burn. His eyes cast around to the others who had answered her call to attend, and quickly noticing the newcomer he had greeted at the pack border not too long ago, speaking with another pack member, a female he recognized from her own ceremony recently. He was keen to attend these sorts of things - it was an important pack occassion where members could gather and celebrate, to mingle with others if they wanted or to simply appreciate the pack efforts and achievements.

Offering a slow, submissive and respectful nod to Naniko, Kai bowed his form towards her - the Alpha female of Anathema was one of the few Malakai showed such respect to. The black male could be brash and arrogant and down-right rude at times towards other members of the pack, but to his Alpha's always commanded Kai's upmost best behaviour. He had a lot to thank them for, after all. He was loyal to them and his aggressive ways could be stilled by a simple word from Alaki or Naniko. Slowly, Kai turned his attention onto Lukos once more, his head rising as he watched the new male, letting his feral yellow eyes lock onto the newcomer. Kai wanted to make sure he was behaving himself and showing the proper respect to Naniko in particular. Approaching as he spoke with the female, Kai offered a light nod before looking to Lukos. "I trust you're being a good boy, Lukos, showing the proper respect to your Alphas...?" His head jerked towards Naniko, as if asking the male if he had shown his thanks to the white Angela for inviting him to the ceremony and for accepting him into the pack.

Kai showed blatent disrespect to others quite often, but one thing he would not tolerate was disrespect towards his Alphas. They were to be obeyed at every turn, without question, they were their leaders, their commanders.

Code by Kitty; Photo by isnogud_CT@flickr

<style>
.Kai03 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Kai03 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Kai03 b {font-family:verdana; color:#4d3849; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai03 {background-color:#a5a5a3; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/20tiduh.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 205px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Kai03-border {width: 500px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
OOC:Well well, a familiar face. Hey Malakai.

Lukos was starting to enjoy himself when Malakai walked in. He hoped that Malakai wouldn't ruin the ceremony for Lukos, but felt that the attitude he received at the ritual was saved for that occasion. Who is this woman? he thought as he watched Malakai nod to the white female like Charm did. "If I wan't being good, I would think that you would be the first to let me know. I haven't seen an Alpha since-"

He stopped talking when he realized that Malakai was indicating the white wolf after he said 'Alphas'. Is she... He looked again at the white female. Alaki said that there was an Angelo, which was him, and an Angela. The nods, her being the first here, the fact that she called everyone. His ears flattened as he clasped his hands onto the top of his head. How could he be so stupid! "I am so sorry! I didn't know who you were! No one talks to me hardly so I don't really know anything about this pack." Crap, what am I going to do? Think, think! Lukos felt pretty sure that Malakai would never let this one go. Great, who else am I going to insult tonight?
[html]
Word Count :: 381 Abigor please Smile

Well, tonight was the night. It was a big deal, this rast ceremony, and Panda had not let her forget that for one second. Even the Angela had come and spoken to her personally, to tell her of what was expected of her. She had listened raptly, giving the white woman the utmost respect she could muster, despite her belief that the leader of Anathema was nothing more than a soulless husk. But it was a soulless husk that the others had chosen to follow, and so too must Lillith follow her.

The hunt for the sacrifice had been an easy one, though completely unplanned. The Trombetta girl had first decided to hunt one of Skrak’s brethren; a raven. Ravens and crows were very symbolic to Anathema the girl had learned, so ones death would mean something. But sadly, she had been too sloppy with that kill, and had tasted the bird’s blood. What a pity, the corvid’s feathers were beautiful, it would have made a grand sacrifice, but now it had to make due as nothing but Lillith’s physical adornments. Her true sacrifice however, was something much more distinctive.

She had heard the call, and had already been prepared for hours. She had made herself up; tied her long, freshly dreaded hair up in a pyramid like crown atop her head. In amongst the strands she placed several long raven feathers, creating a strange black halo. Then, to her back she strapped the dried wings of the raven with long leather chords. Onto her arms, she had put the golden bracelets that Zera’im had left for her, and those identical to the ones her mother wore. She left her parents den, and made her way to the meeting place.

She arrived slowly, her pace full of dignity; there were a few gathered already, none of which she recognized, save the Angela. In Lillith’s hands, she cradled her sacrifice, wrapped up gently in the soft, white furs of rabbits, and tied with beaded lengths of string. She would reveal it to Naniko once it was asked for, but it would not show it to anyone else yet. The tall, red woman-child walked up to the leader and bowed before her, I have done what you asked of me. She said firmly.

Photo courtesy of Douglas Brown

<style>
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#0c0906; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 {background-color:#774f32; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:495px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... iRaven.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:312px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 595 :: Let's pretend that she and he were not late. I meant to post here a lot earlier, I had to recently put myself on absence because of all the drama in my life right now though, so I'm using that excuse for not posting as much as I would like to. Uruz is the Rune that Lillith is getting from Panda.-- Venom is giving her Wunjo

When you come around,
You're like a little slice of Heaven when I'm coming down
lifting me up above the clouds

Today was the day, even though this day was late to come. Disappointment in the leadership was present, if only because this was supposed to be a special time for Lillith, and her excitement turned into anxiousness, which turned into frustration because things were not happening fast enough for her. Panda fiddled with the objects she was working on, her hands wiggling through the string that she was working with to make a necklace, a rune for her daughter. It was that time to start giving the girl outside help from the God and Goddess, for not only protection, but also for the guidance she would need in this world to survive. Panda would never wish anything upon her child, but the best so she was hard at work making sure that the Rune was activated and not in a slumber before she finished it, and she looked to her soulmate. Today's the day, Alexness. spoke the woman to the male, and he nodded his head. The day our child becomes an adult. It's hard to think that 7 months have already passed. Ya know? the Italian asked the monochrome woman. He, too was working on a rune for his daughter, but his was not in the shape of a necklace like Panda's had been, rather he had gone through the trouble of making an extra pelt they had into a cloak for the woman, and with a paintbrush and red paint he drew the Wunjo rune and chanted a spell under his breath. Panda watched the energy transfer from his body and going into the cloak, which had a bright shine to it as he finished up.

Panda held a grin on her face before she finally realized she had not answered him. It is amazing to think that we've raised her to where she's gonna be allowed in the ranks. Hopefully she doesn't get as good as us. the woman joked before she grabbed the necklace and she walked over to Venom and put her hands on his broad shoulders. If you don't hurry up, we'll be late. the woman spoke on as Venom looked up at her and let his tongue sneak from his mouth and land in Panda's mouth. She wasn't expecting it either, so she was startled by the action but soon she accepted it. She squeezed his shoulders and then dropped to her knees to give him a hug. I'm done with this. Let's go. spoke the Italian, and the monochrome woman did agree with this and so she got up and she got her ritual cloak on, and she took her staff in her hand and then she looked to Venom. He was getting his own ritualistic clothing on, the gray wolf pelt that he had, along with his checkerboard pants, and his normal attire of his throwing axes on his sides, and his gris-gris hanging from his belt as well. At the sight of his gris-gris being tied to his belt, Panda looked to her own and she too, tied her gris-gris onto her belt loop. As soon as they were ready, they headed out.

They stopped by the stables and grabbed Korosk, seeing as they figured that they would get there faster on horse back rather than just walking. Panda took the only communal horse, Goro, and tacked him up and the two stallion's hooves thundered throughout the lands as they rushed to the Rast ceremony. Soon,er or later they would make it to the meeting place though, and once they were close enough, Panda and Venom called their steeds to a halt and they were quick to dismount the steeds and fine their place among the pack members. Soon though, their daughter would come up and go down the middle and present her kill to the Angela. Panda and Venom looked with curious eyes as to see what could be in that bundle of fur that was wrapped around her kill. They weren't even expecting to see what they were about to see though. They didn't even fathom it.

<style>
.panvenscre-nat {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.panvenscre-nat img{width:300px; float:right}
.panvenscre-nat p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.panvenscre-nat p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.panvenscre-nat .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.panvenscre-nat p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.panvenscre-nat b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#4c1979;}
</style>
image © Nat!

[/html]
So one of the pups was gaining her rank as an adult. Exciting, but not the most interesting thing he could be doing. Alex hadn't really spent much time figuring out what was expected of him in the ceremony. Really he was just there so that he could claim to be participating in the pack, instead of lazing around like he really was. He'd prepared something small for the girl that he'd thought she'd like. A pair of pearl earrings, unaware that this child was actually much more dark than he assumed, thinking she was a typical girl child.

He stood there, watching with surprise as she entered into the caves. Raven feathers decorated her hair. Alex hoped that wasn't one of the ones used on patrol. Alaki wouldn't be happy about that. Neither would that relative of his, the one that took care of the crows now. Not that Alex had bothered introducing himself to either of Alaki's relatives. The sacrifice was bundled up, out of sight from everyone there. He hoped they would reveal it soon, anxious to give his gift and leave. He hoped she would like it, despite how different she looked from what he had imagined. Much more...feral.
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Thanks for participating, everyone! :3 I really appreciate all the responses! And no problem, J, I left it open for longer so that we could try and get everyone in ^^ Also, I updated Lillith's rank for you, Nat Big Grin

She was glad to see that some members had come to witness the ceremony. Naniko did not feel that meetings such as this should be mandatory, as pack members each had their own lives and duties to be worrying about, and was simply glad that so many had managed to come and watch the ceremony. It made her feel like a more effective leader, that members cared enough to participate and be a part of what was going on in the day to day lives of other members.

Pups were very important to her, and she hoped that the rest of the pack felt the same way about them. They were the lifeblood of all packs, youth who would grow and learn the skills that they'd need to help everyone else in various ways. Even the simplest of tasks were a big help to a group of their size...having a pup-sitter, warrior, or healer available when one needed assistance was a blessing and she felt the same about each rank tier.

Naniko stood peacefully and watched as everyone arrived, waiting for Lillith and her parents to come. She noticed the wings that the youth had strung onto herself, and wondered if that was a part of the presentation. Had she killed a raven, perhaps? The tall female looked up as the younger canine approached, bearing a fur-wrapped item in her hands. She was interested to know what the girl had caught and how she had chosen to represent it. "Very good. Show me what you've brought." She said, head tilted to one side as her jade eyes observed Lillith with interest.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 337 Thanks! Big Grin

Out of the corner of her eye, Lillith saw her parents arrive. Good. She wanted to see how her mother and father would react to her sacrifice. She had kept her… special needs, well hidden from her family, but tonight they would be displayed in front of not only them, but everyone else. She guessed word would spread quickly through Anathema’s well developed gossip veins, and she wondered what the consequences would be, if any. With a smile, Lillith nodded her head to the Angela’s words, and began unraveling her bundle.

She worked quickly, but with purpose, making sure to adeptly untie each knot and ribbon she had woven around the furs. Once undone, she peeled back the folded layers to reveal a small, curled form. A wolf puppy. It lay amongst the furs as if sleeping, but any trained eye could see that the infant was dead. Its pelt was not marred, unmarked, and pristine, the body no more than a few weeks old. The fur of the pup was cream, nearly white, and Lillith looked down upon it like a mother would a child. She had been very careful with the body, made sure to dry and soak it well to preserve its form. It had not been the only one she killed, but it had been the most humane; she had snuffed the life from it by a simple cover of the hand.

The mother and siblings of the pup however had not fared as well with the coming of death, but Lillith would not speak of that to anyone; it was her own personal pleasure. Looking up from the sacrifice, the young girl lifted it up towards the Angela, I hope you can see my skill in this kill, and rank me to Abigor. She said softly, and with confidence. Lillith had always had a knack for stringing up her kills in creative ways, and the pup was the piece de resistance. She hoped Naniko would have wise words to say to her regarding it.

Photo courtesy of Douglas Brown

<style>
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#0c0906; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 {background-color:#774f32; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:495px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... iRaven.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:312px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_LilRaven1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
[/html]
The request for the sacrifice to be revealed came. Alex was interested in this part, knowing that whatever the kill was was supposed to reveal something about the one that had brought it in. The dark girl pulled back the furs, pride in her stance. Alex was rather idle in his actions, simply looking on without much thought of what he was doing. As soon as this was over he was heading back to Alaki's room again to wait for the samurai.

Vile choked in his throat as he spotted the child cuddling the dead pup's body. She had murdered a pup! Killed it, and brought if for the sacrifice. The tender look on her face was beyond disturbing. Suddenly his pearl earrings seemed like the worst possible gift he could have brought here. There was no way the child would accept something like that. Not this dark child. He looked around, wondering what everyone else thought, what he should do. Was this normal for the pack? He knew Alaki had killed other canines before, and so had other members.
[html]

out of character text

Charm had been trying her best to learn everything that there was about this pack and the traditions that they kept. Aeron had been a wonderful teacher, but on more than one time the two lovers’s bumped heads about what they thought was right and wrong. Charm thought that letting an animal bleed to death was just inhuman, and not to mention made her feel downright sick feeling. She knew that her place in the pack was not to try to fight for the animals rights; it was to just help out Aeron the best she could and support anyone and everyone in the pack to be better and closer.

However everything that the two had talked about had not made her ready for what she saw laying out in front of the pack, it was a pup…a pup that was dead, but the fiery child had proven well in making sure the body was well preserved.

Charm gasped as she caught her-self from falling back with putting a foot out behind her. How could she? Why would she? Killing a child? That was something that made the female no longer feel unsure about this whole matter, but made her physically ill. Gagging as she quickly placed her hands over her mouth, trying to hold back the sickness, tears treating to come out from the once smiling pale purple eyes…why would anyone do this to a child?! Where was Aeron when she needed her?

<style type="text/css">
.CharmSawtooth_colorsky b {font-weight:bold; font-family: garamond, serif; font-size:14px; color:#dbc0e7; letter-spacing:1px; }
.CharmSawtooth_colorsky .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.CharmSawtooth_colorsky p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.CharmSawtooth_colorsky{margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#240121; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Souls/charmsky.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10x; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, arial; font-size:12px; color:#ab818a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 0 :: Things still haven't really settled down for me yet :/

I've got my pride so hear me sing,
I'll never let you steal my coffin.

Little time passed, and the child was told to present her kill. Dark eyes of the monochrome woman pinned on the darkened wings that the child had strapped to her back. The aura of the child was dark, and as it loomed around her, Panda could see the slithering of aura "snakes" around the child, it was similar to her own father's aura, so very close with the slithering "snakes" of energy that surrounded the Italian. Her father's aura was much brighter than her daughter's at the moment, and the realization of this made both the mother and the father look at each other with concern on both of their faces. Panda and Venom moved to where they could see both the Angela and their child, and they both watched as she unwrapped the pelt to reveal a dead pup. Panda's heart sank, but Venom was quite interested in the reason why his daughter chose to kill another of their own to offer to the gods. Panda slowly came to the conclusion that it was a sign that the child was not only wrong in the head, but also her loyalty to the god and goddess.

Panda's tail twitched and her half-ears fell back on her head. Oh Lillith... muttered the monochrome woman. She only could wonder what Naniko thought of this, but by the looks that the other pack members had on their faces, Panda suspected that the Angela would follow suit and curse her child. Panda's heart sank even deeper in her chest, and her tail was pinned against her rump as she stood there next to her giant of a soul mate. He watched his daughter though, his eyes not hardened, rather they were loving, and soft. His maw held a smirk, but his arms were crossed over his chest as he watched his beautiful daughter stand before the Angela.

Venom... her aura..... Panda spoke to the male, her voice low and only for Venom to hear, and he nodded his head back at her. It's dark. I know... replied the male. He hoped that his gift would banish that dark aura that his daughter held around her. How did this happen? .....Did you have anything to do with this? asked the monochrome woman, and Venom shook his head to this question. This is the first I'm seeing of this dark aura of hers. She normally has a happy, envious aura. explained Venom, in whispers to the mother of the girl who brought the Angela a dead puppy.

<style>
.panvenscre-nat {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.panvenscre-nat img{width:300px; float:right}
.panvenscre-nat p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.panvenscre-nat p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.panvenscre-nat .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.panvenscre-nat p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.panvenscre-nat b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#4c1979;}
</style>
image © Nat!

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Me either, no worries <33 Internship + Family Emergency = James fails at threads for a bit ;_; <33 Gonna close this in a few days if there aren't many other responses. Thanks for participating, you guys!! <33

She didn't know how she should feel about the pup that was presented before her. Was it one of an enemy, or someone who had threatened the girl? Maybe she had been coerced somehow into doing it. Naniko was of course surprised by this type of offering, and wondered about Lillith's mind and how she had come to conclude that Naniko would be impressed by such a thing. It showed some kind of power, that she had taken the life of another canine...but one so young, who hadn't even had a chance at a full life? How much skill did it take to kill a defenseless whelp?

Naniko simply stared at the corpse for a few moments, looking from Lillith to her parents and then back down at the dead pup. She showed no outward emotion, calculating what she ought to say. "You have taken the life of one of our own kind. This is not uncommon amongst canines...but the unusual thing is the age of the life that you took. I do not know if it is possible for a pup to offend or harm another...for it to provoke such an attack. But I respect your decision, even if I do not understand it. It is not my place to become involved in what pack members choose to do on their own time, Abigor." She finished, nodding to Lillith.

Now to decipher what meaning there was behind the pup in general. The new adult had killed something that had been defenseless, for the most part. What did that mean? She chose to do this for the pack, to kill one of their own kind. "Lillith is a strong and decisive girl. I interpret this sacrifice as a bold and daring move, the like of which I have not often seen in this pack. With her determination and independence, she will go far in Anathema. Welcome to the adult ranks, Abigor."

Table by Jenny!
[/html]