anigisdi asique
[html]
Desired Profession Path: Agriculture

Spirit Guide: Udanvti, female, White-Tailed Deer

A short history of your character's time in the Tribe: Unatsi was an Ayastigi (warrior) in the Great Tribe, but during war against its neighbors, failed to act. He was ridiculed for being selfish and cowardly, and he spent a lot of time building resentment toward the Tribe. However, he got his spirit guide (who sort of soothed him), and the attention was taken off him during the Maska drama. He decided to leave the Great Tribe for AniWaya so he could start fresh and learn his spirit guide's lessons.

NPC's: None!

Unatsi is by Miyu!

Unatsikanogeni had toiled for days through unfamiliar land, until his pads cracked and bled and eventually toughened and callused, hard as horn as he set them down in the rhythm of one tired to the bone. He was too exhausted to truly note the fog-blanketed land he passed, too exhausted to notice anything other than the ache in muscles he never knew he had -- that, and the constant soft voice of his guide, always present even when she was not visible.

But he was almost there, almost there -- at least as much as could be believed from word of mouth. Spirits, strangers, he was fully prepared to take anyone's advice at this point. Wapiti and fog, they'd mentioned that -- wapiti and cursed fog and more cursed fog. He blinked, stopped, forgot to open his eyes until the sound of a deer politely clearing her throat made him trudge onward.

The fallen warrior had packed lightly, most of his belongings slung over his shoulder in a leather sack. He had packed somewhat less lightly than his first flight from the Tribe -- the one that had led him to discover his spirit guide -- in that he had a small drum taking up most of the room in the sack, and a rusted farmer's hand scythe at his crudely fashioned belt. Luckily, other than to cull a mountain sheep when he first crossed into Nova Scotia, he hadn't needed it. The thought of blood made him sick.

He passed the remnants of a rusty fence, peering at its metallic spiderweb tendrils suspiciously as if it was only waiting to snag on his rusty fur. His foot slipped at one point in a pile of elk dung, almost sending him falling backwards if the back of a doe wasn't there to support him. He grinned a sheepish, too-big grin at Udanvti, who merely waited for him to get back on his own legs before she high-stepped casually in front of him.

So, when we get there, Unatsikanogeni began, his voice rushing together in an obviously nervous tempo. The deer lifted her head and swung her large ears back in his direction, politely listening to his rambling as always. When we get there, Unatsi went on, do you think -- do you think they'll send me away? I mean, it's reasonable they've heard of what I -- what I did, or I guess what I apparently didn't do -- and maybe they'd hate me for it already. Send me away, y'know, just to spare them the trouble. He stopped, drew breath, swallowed oxygen and saliva. His white shoulder hitched up in a small shrug when the spirit looked over her shoulder.

It is up to the leadership, Udanvti said mildly, but I will explain your ... situation winigatsihihv iga. You are here for a second chance, and I intend you take it.

Her muzzle and ears snapped forward then, and it was clear she was done speaking. He could tell from the set of her spine that she was not about to let her plan get ruined, however; for such a gentle beast, she was oddly stubborn about that sort of thing. She would pound the lessons into his skull even if she had to resort to nastiness, but for his sake, he hoped she got what she wanted before that -- including his membership within AniWaya.

The red wolf sighed, but the next moment Udanvti froze and flagged the white underside of her tail. He followed her like a fawn as she skirted a certain patch of ground then paused at another, her dark nose twitching. He took her cue and breathed in, too -- breathed in the scent of other wolves, an uncannily familiar but unfamiliar odor. Traces of his home, of horses and farmland and family, were woven with the stronger smell of strangers. He was suddenly aware that he had not crossed miles and miles to return to the same place.

He was suddenly afraid.

The doe looked at him, seeming to sense his fear. She offered him an impression of calmness, of optimism and trust; he took hold of this and clutched it like a child clutches a doll. He swallowed her energy -- because he did trust the spirit guide, even if he'd forgotten to trust everyone else. He breathed deeply, looked across the border, breathed again, and let out a long high howl.

<style>
.unaMiyu {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.unaMiyu p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.unaMiyu p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:3px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.unaMiyu .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.unaMiyu .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.unaMiyu b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.unaMiyu b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.unaMiyu b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.unaMiyu u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

omfghai! apologies from the crappy post, but it's late and i wanted to get to it asap Smile Io's spirit guide is visible

Io move slowly in her secui form. A headache had plagued her all morning and it had only just faded away. She'd been left 'in charge' or something while Ulilohi and Claudius travelled to Anathema to confront them about their members ways. Of course, she would have rather been there herself to personally confront Aeron, but she supposed it was smarter to have one person at the helm in case anything happened. Io was fairly sure that she could handle anything that life threw at her. And after all she was expecting Jacinto to arrive from Inferni any day now. She could handle that. Jaroslaw could handle himself, he was a grown man after all.

A howl floated along the borders, and as Uli and Claudius usually dealt with these, there was a moment before Io realised it was her job at this moment in time. Trotting to the borders, her spirit guide trailing beside her. She was swift, a sheer change from her aimless dawdling a few moments ago. The hybrid reached the borders swiftly and looked around for the source of the sound. Silver ears hit the form of a ruddy coloured male, one from the grate tribe. 'Morning!' she greeted, forgetting the AniWaya greeting and passing it over. 'You called?' Her tone was welcoming and casual, sure this male wasn't going to be any trouble. Why would he call politely other wise?

<style type="text/css">
.iobicai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e0ceaa; text-shadow:#372817 1px 1px 2px;}
.iobicai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.iobicai {margin:0px auto; width:507px; background-color:#a38d66; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bvwHG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #937e59; padding:310px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cac191; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.iobicai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.iobicai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.iobicai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Awesomeness! <3 Unatsi is a moron and his guide is visible tooo obviously. Big Grin

Unatsi is by Miyu!

It did not take very long for someone to appear, but it was long enough for thousands of worst-case scenarios to rush through his mind. What if a member of the Tribe he'd failed to save showed up and wanted to exact revenge then and there? What if this wasn't AniWaya at all, and he was committing a grievous error by standing here? Or maybe it used to be AniWaya, but the strangers he smelled had taken over and would kill him on sight for being one of them?

Large ears fell back against his unkempt mane, and Unatsi shifted his weight from one leg to the other. Only the continued impressions from the spirit kept him from just dropping his things and bolting. The muscles near his eye spasmed, and soon Udanvti's ears swiveled forward; he followed her attention the best he could once the twitch went away.

A rather pretty-colored secui headed toward them. She quite obviously had dog blood; no other canine would be patterned with such splashes of red and white (which made his own unusual white arm twinge, though he ignored it pointedly). Her facial features told of other blood too, but he ceased paying attention to her bone structure and instead swallowed under her silver stare.

The greeting jarred him, and it was the final reminder that this was not the Great Tribe, no matter how much of its culture it shared. He faltered and glanced over at the doe, who stood placidly and gave the bison-like creature a nod of acknowledgment, one spirit guide to the other.

M-morning, Unatsikanogeni replied, stammering slightly; he was very fluent in English as well as Cherokee, but it still seemed odd to greet his first AniWayan this way. I -- yes, I called -- well, you knew that, obviously. I came from the uh, the Great Tribe -- the big one this little one came off of -- and I -- thought a change of scenery would, uh, would be nice. He nodded a bit too enthusiastically. Yeah, that's it. But I wanted to keep the uh, the old customs, the whole essence of the Tribe, so here I am!

Udanvti flicked her ears at his bright conclusion then looked to the collie cross. You are not Ulilohi, she pointed out, her dark eyes gentle. We have heard that she leads here now. It was a simple, mild statement -- but one obviously curious.

<style>
.unaMiyu {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.unaMiyu p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:3px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.unaMiyu .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.unaMiyu b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.unaMiyu b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.freeb6 b {font-weight:bold; color:#0b1719; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeb6-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeb6 p {text-indent:25px;padding:10px 25px 5px 26px;margin:0px;}
.freeb6 {width:400px;border:1px solid #2d4041;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... freeb6.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:60px;background-color:#a1b1b9;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#2d4041;}
</style>

io's all srs on the inside XD

Io listened carefully to his words, careful to note everything he was saying. His stammering and overall nervousness made Io question his back story, but other wise he seemed honest and well meaning. Any other time she would have let it pass, but now with a more serious task she was forced to ask. 'A change of scenery? Well, that is understandable. But if you do not mind me asking, why exactly?' There was nothing imposing about Io's body language, as she noted the male was not at ease to begin with. As his own spirit guide nodded a greeting to the large Wisent, Wojciech nodded back silently, his thick mane bouncing as he did so. 'You have come to join...' Io summed up, looking for a definite answered.

It was his guide's turn to speak and upon hearing the words Io's silver gaze floated towards her, answering her question dutifully, showing the proper respect the guide deserved. 'No, I am not. Ulilohi, and Claudius, went on a voyage to Anathema, neighbouring pack, to speak with them about a recent event. They have asked me to keep an eye on things until they get back'. The animal tender didn't expand on the event, mostly due to it's tender subject and also to pass over the less that important bits of speech. Turning towards Unatsi again, Io decided now was time to ask about his skills. To her, being from the great tribe was proof enough that he would be more than useful in AniWaya. But, of course, Io was careful about making sure everything went right. 'What was your profession in th great tribe?' the woman asked, 'And would you be continuing in it or otherwise?' She knew Aranck was an Ookah, but was now a teacher.

'And what skills do you have?' Io asked, again out of procedure.

[/html]
[html]

Unatsi is by Miyu!

Why was the dog hybrid's question, and Unatsi desperately did not want to answer why. His ears flattened, and he stared down at his feet. It wasn't as if he'd killed someone and was fleeing the Tribe for sanctuary -- even if that was closer to the truth than he'd like to admit. No, his misdeeds had been simply being a failure, and the focus on Dawali and Maska and the others had saved him from more recent ridicule.

His voice was calmer, softer, than it had been before. It braced itself against the comfort his spirit guide offered, as if that could make up for his statement being a half-truth. Back home there aren't many luperci fond of me. I wanted to start over -- a new chapter, really, a clean slate and all that.

His green eyes lifted to meet the AniWayan's silver ones, and he prayed that it was sufficient enough of an answer. He nodded deeply and smiled slightly, his eye twitching, when she spoke of him joining.

Then he was silent, as the collie explained that the Councilwoman and another, Claudius, had gone to another pack on business. He shuffled nervously, wondering what Ulilohi in particular would think when she came back to see him. He and the tall Ehn did not know each other very well, but they had trained together in their youth on the path of warriors. She hadn't been one of his tormentors, but he knew she'd be disappointed to hear how dishonorable he'd been.

Udanvti nodded in understanding but was quiet, as always. It was amazing how different he and the spirit were, but then again, that was the whole point. He wouldn't learn anything from someone exactly like him who agreed with him on all his points. The doe was mild but strong, pressing him gently but pressing him constantly, and it worked out so far. How easily he'd take to her lessons was yet to be seen, though -- but at least he was here, and he could begin.

The woman asked what his profession was, but before Unatsi could answer, the deer stepped in. He will join the Agriculture path, she said in a tone that left room for zero argument. The red wolf shut his jaw, his eyes widening slightly. Agriculture? He stared at the doe, who met his gaze with an evenness uncanny in a prey animal. Maybe this was part of her great plan, and anyway it didn't seem to involve fighting. He bit a spot on the side of his tongue and nodded.

And then -- Unatsi had to bite his tongue again when she asked about his skills. Do I even have any? he wondered, panicking. He was a terrible fighter, terrible at everything. All he was good at was miserably patrolling through the huts, though God knew how he'd fare if he ran into trouble during such a patrol.

But then, inspiration. I'm from the Great Tribe, Unatsikanogeni announced. So I uh, I know their language, and I grew up with their stories. Pretty standard, but I know there's plenty of new people here, so the culture stuff might be useful. He straightened a bit, a glimmer of confidence coming into his eyes -- even if his current resume was a rather pitiful one. And I pick up on things pretty quickly anyway, especially with Udanvti here pushing me; she's a real motivator, she is. Part of the reason she's pushing me into this is so I can learn new things.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000

Io's ears twitched at the male's reply. 'Un fond of you? Well, I assume it is through no serious wrong doing. But if it is a fresh start you desire so much, I shall not stand in front of that'. Everyone had done something wrong at least once in their life and Io would not judge, mostly because she'd done more than her fair share of things wrong. One of which would be evident within weeks. Bedding someone else, aside from her mate. How could she have been so stupid? The male had told her to think of it as a good thing, but how on earth was turning out like her mother a good thing?

The doe answered Io's question before Unatsi could, and as he didn't argue with his guide, Io took it as the word. 'Good' she said with a smile, 'My mate is a farmer too, if you need anything I am sure he will aid you'. He went on to note his skills, and while he might have said it was pretty standard stuff, Io agree with his point that there were a lot of newcomers to the tribe who perhaps weren't familiar with the folklore and language. 'The culture influx would be most welcome, I must admit that though I have been a member for a few months, I need to brush up on most of the culture myself'. The hybrid woman was not afraid to admit her short comings and AniWaya lore and tongue was one of them.

<style>
.galcrown-04 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:url();background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.galcrown-04 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:center;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.galcrown-04 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.galcrown-04 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.galcrown-04 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.galcrown-04 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.galcrown-04 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.galcrown-04 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Unatsi is by Miyu!

The collie paid mind to his claim, but she didn't push it as much as he feared. Relief lent some slack to his shoulders and made him look far less neurotic; he might look almost normal now. He didn't think he'd be able to explain what he'd done wrong, mostly because -- on some level -- he still wasn't sure that he had done something wrong. Udanvti had explained it to him, but the selfish personality within Unatsi remained adamant that he wasn't entirely at fault. He'd disappointed the Tribe, but he'd only been acting like any sane wolf might.

But now was not at all the time to think about that. His green eyes grew round, and he grinned suddenly as the other said her mate was a farmer. Utsisdalugisgi! he exclaimed, glad that he wouldn't be forced to learn about this new trade on his own. He was good at memorizing facts and categories, but without someone to tell him about the job, he would be more than useless -- and he didn't want to be useless, not entirely, and not this time.

Yeah, it's hard to wrap your head around the language differences if you weren't, y'know, born and raised in the Tribe. The red wolf scratched behind an ear with an awkward grin. I mean, even the concept of a ghost adviser is enough to freak out nagoligvna; strangers. Here he flashed his guide a playful look, which she took in with good nature. Her ears flicked, and she allowed herself to fade from sight and sound, her scent disappearing as well. It might have panicked Unatsi at another point, but it seemed like she thought everything was under control.

I'm Unatsikanogeni, by the way, the man said, thrusting his white arm out for a handshake before remembering the other was in her secui form. He drew his arm back and scratched at his chin. Unatsi for short; bit of a overly-long name, really.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000

Unatsi began to liven up, and it was a pleasing thing to see. Io didn't want to impose imposingness and formalities beyond what was needed after all. They got onto the subject of language and Io, all to familiar with foreign languages, was happy to speak freely about something she knew. 'I managed to learn English, and some titbits of Spanish, so I am hoping that when I attempt to learn a little more seriously I will not struggle as much. It seems a beautiful language...' Io's silver eyes watched quietly as Unatsi's guide disappeared, her own guide had remain a few paces behind, making himself more present over the week Io was charged with a larger responsibility. 'Yes, I understand that. My mate does not see them, but he believes dimly. He can sense them, I think, though the concept of having no sight or sound of them unnerves him'.

Io laughed good naturedly as he offered his hand out for a handshake. The hybrid female offered up a polite nod in response. 'Unatsi, that is a nice name. I am Io'. The hybrid could not think of anything other to ask, or tell, him. After all, she understood less of the tribe than he did. 'Ulilohi will be back within a week. Of course, I can accept you, I think, but of course it's Uli's judgement when she returns. Though I do not suppose she will have any problems with you. AniWaya needs more tribesmen'.

<style>
.galcrown-04 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:url();background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.galcrown-04 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:center;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.galcrown-04 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Unatsi is by Miyu!

He had to smile -- even if it was still a nervous thing, too quick to jump to his lips and too quick to dart away again -- when she called the Cherokee language beautiful. What was your first language? the red wolf asked, curious; she'd mentioned learning English, which she seemed to speak fluently enough. He'd found the tongue easy enough himself, at least in that the words weren't nearly as lengthy as the several-syllable words in his birth tongue.

It was strange to think that this woman's mate couldn't -- or wouldn't -- see spirit guides, especially as he lived in AniWaya. It troubled him, and he wondered if there were many like that here. Unatsi believed very strongly in the wisdom of the spirits, even though he was reluctant to obey everything Udanvti told him. Maybe he'll get a guide of his own someday, he offered half-heartedly to the woman, who soon named herself Io. He had to grin at that; it was so much shorter than his own as to be funny.

Io seemed less confident about whether she could accept him, stating that Ulilohi would have the final word in the matter. The exhaustion that the man had held at bay during their conversation came flooding back, and his knees almost buckled. I can -- I can stay here, can't I? In the meantime? he asked nervously. The thought of not having at least a temporary, safe bed to collapse into was too much for him to handle.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

I'll try and poke Marit for that formy 'you're accepted form' Big Grin welcome to AW XD

She was fluent enough, though she lacked the ability to shorten words together like 'can't' or 'don't. Of course, this hardly mattered as it was a formal, more correct way of speaking. Jaroslaw lacked this default formality, but he'd learnt the hardy dock speak, as it was referred to back home, while Io had learnt the formal English as the child of a council member. He questioned what her first language was, and without delay she proudly answered, 'Polish. It is a small country in Europe. Nowhere near the size of Canada'.

'Perhaps he will...' Io sighed. She wondered if he would, as h was a stubborn creature who wouldn't believe something until he saw it. And guides were a thing that would appear to you (as someone else's guide) only if you saw them. Or at least that was Io's understanding. He'd often comment, when she spoke to her own guide, and name him her 'imaginary friend'. Io had never been a liar and that's where his almost faith in these things came from. It was a start at least.

The uncertainty about the man flooded back as she spoke. And Io frowned gently. 'Of course you can stay, I do not think Uli will turn you away anyhow. The village is not far from here, I am sure you will be able to find somewhere to rest. And if you need any help getting around, come and find me. Or any one, I am sure they will be happy to help'.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Welcome to AniWaya!

Hooray! Check out all of this fun stuff:

• Have a look at the Aniwaya Territories for interesting areas to explore.
  • Completing tasks in the season game offer collectibles, tables, avatars, icons, art and titles. Have a look!
  • You can collect points from your posts and trade them for various prizes, including art.
  • Remember to look into AniWaya's culture and laws!
  • Do you have a horse? Add it to the official stables overview, here.
  • Do you have a spirit guide already? Add it to our current listings, here.

Need help? Confused about AniWaya stuff? Don't hesitate to PM your questions to the AniWaya account, and we'll reply as soon as possible. If you need posting tables, avatars or sigs, you can request code and graphics in the talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor!

[/html]