i found the Reason
[html]

ooc: This takes place just after *Garnet meets Nella but before she talks to Aselm

Garnet wandered though the quiet forest of pine. The pine needles under her paws poked her pads some, but they made her foot-steps almost silent. It was rather peaceful here, though the silence could cause one to grow edgy. Unlike most of the Inferni territory, the slight breeze swelled and died over and over because of the trees and hills. Garnet had to admit it was more comforting to have the constant wind of the plains; it was like rain, it was constant and helped the female sleep.

A black nose twitched as Garnet scented a stream. After her long walk, which hadn’t been completely un-eventful*, Garnet was quiet thirsty. Panting briefly, the black female followed the scent on the uneven breeze and eventually the sound of rushing water. Her red eyes spied the small stream and she picked up the pace. She was parched, and didn’t even bother looking around after she had reached the brook. This was her second mistake. Her first one had been that she hadn’t even noticed when she had crossed the Inferni border into Dampwoods.

The only warning she had was a snarl filled with asperity before the assailant was upon her. Garnet was knocked into the brook from the blow from behind. Dripping, Garnet wheeling at her attacker, who revealed himself to be a average sized gray and white wolf. Thinking fast, she howled out for help, hoping that her cry would carry to the ears of a friend. It was quickly turned into a yelp as the male launched himself at the black female, his amber eyes blazing. She was at a clear disadvantage, because not only was he much bigger than her, he was in Optime form. Leaping to the side to avoid his snapping jaws brought her into his punch from the right. It knocked the breath out of her and sent her skidding out of the brook and onto the opposite bank. Coughing, Garnet’s vision swam as the male approached for another hit.

[/html]
[html]

made by beppe.

Quietly Asphyxia was wandering on her own. The four of her paws moving quickly and quietly as she had nothing better to do then hunt. She looked around, nothing was really going on as usual but she heard movement around every once in a while. Little animals came out to play around this time of day and it was her favorite time to play. However, everything was cut off by a howl and a yelp as she realized who exactly it was, she'd never forget that howl as it was coming from her own flesh and blood, her baby girl.
Running as fast as she could, she came near, getting closer and closer with every movement of her legs. Switching to her Optime form, the only form she used to fight and especially when she didn't know what she was dealing with. Coming even closer, she could see Garnet standing in a brook with someone else attempting to attack. Quietly, Asphyxia stopped, looking around and gathering her plan that would only need seconds to think about.
Asphyxia was going to have to attack from 'no where'. Just appear and never give the wolf a second to think. Changing her position, where she was standing, she moved in for the attack, only going so far before she jumped up in the air and onto her enemies back, putting her arms around his neck, and trying to cut off his breathing. He threw her down to the ground and went to body slam her but she rolled away quickly jumping back to her feet, standing in front of her daughter. She growled as buddy took in exactly what was going on, that it a mother protecting her young, which made the guy smile before he went in to attack Asphyxia again, quickly she gave him a powerful scissor kick to the stomach making him wheeze and fall over before he tried to get up, she drop kicked him. Getting up again, he looked at her but shook his head and walked away.
The smell of the wolf was very familiar, could he have been a Daliah de Mai member? Or just a loner trying to get food that wasn't meant for food. She turned around to her daughter, "Are you alright?"

[/html]
[html]

In that moment, Garnet was sure she was going to die. The male was advancing on her, totally confident; he was intentionally dragging this out. The black female made a quick prayer, only seconds before Asphyxia suddenly appeared and leapt onto the stranger’s back. Mouth agape, the young female stared as her mother fought off the male ferociously; Garnet had never seen her mother like this before. Respect for Asphyxia grew in her mind as the male limped away and her mother turned to her. Single-handily her mom had defeated the much-larger wolf.

Now that the rush was over, Garnet felt tears form in her eyes. Standing up, and biting back tears, she would have hugged her mother if she had arms. She took a step forward, hesitated, and, seeing that she couldn’t physically portray her feelings, spoke. ”Y-yeah, I think so. You came along before he could do too much harm.” Massacre rolled her shoulders back and winced slightly as she felt where he had punched her in the side. It would bruise, but there didn’t seem to be any lasting injuries Red eyes turned back up to her mother, who was towering above her in Optime form. ”Why did he attack me anyway? This is neutral land.” Garnet looked around, confused.

[/html]
[html]

made by beppe.

Asphyxia looked around and then looked at her daughter, forming back onto four legs, she nuzzled her daughter, "My only guess is he was a Dahlia de Mai member..but who knows." she wasn't going to get into that with her daughter, she didn't want Garnet to have to worry too much, but she was going to have to keep a good eye on her so nothing happened, "What are you doing here anyways?" Asphyxia asked her daughter, wondering why anyone would be here if they can't even defend themselves, she was going to have to teach her children about self defense. They were going to need it, especially if they were to live in Inferni.

[/html]
[html]

Garnet huffed; her mother was doing it again, not telling her everything. Why did she have to go and with-hold information? Dahlia de Mai; she was going to have to remember that one. The female shuffled her feet at her mother’s question, feeling like a naughty pup again. But really, what had she been doing out here by herself? ”Hmm, I don’t really know. Just wandering about I suppose.” ’Maybe I should be more careful? I mean, if there are wolves from this mysterious Dahlia de Mai that just attack coyotes randomly…’ Garnet huffed again, forgetting almost immediately how she had felt only moments before; her terror and that strange feeling of knowing she was going to die. All gone. One could say that Garnet was ignorant, or that she just adapted pretty quickly. In all actuality, if the other wolf hadn’t surprised her so much, she probably would have fought back. It was simply the speed of his attack and of her mother’s arrival that had made Garnet freeze up.
[/html]
[html]

made by beppe.

Asphyxia looked at her, wondering why she was huffing but ignored it anyways and continued, "Until things are cleaned up and everything is safe again, I suggest not coming here. Or at least till you can go into your Optime form so I can teach you self defense, then again I can teach you a lot just from four legs." she looked down at her paws, they felt a little bruised from hitting things when she was in her Optime form. "The more you know about fighting, the better it will be to be running around on your own. Just remember that."

[/html]
[html]

Garnet had wandered a little ways from her mother and began to lap at the water from the brook again. However, one ear was turned towards Asphyxia, so it wasn’t like she was ignoring her. The black female lifted her head and looked back over her shoulder. ”Hmm? That serious, huh?” Garnet shook out her pelt and turned to face her mother. ”About when will I get my Optime form anyway? And why would I need one? Can’t I fight just as well on four paws?” Garnet rocked back and forth slightly.

The black female moved towards her mother, head tilted slightly. ”Well, if it’s better that I know how to fight, why don’t you just teach me, eh?” Garnet smiled at her mother with a toothy grin. She recalled how weak she had felt when she had been around Hybrid. Garnet hadn’t liked feeling helpless before, and hadn’t liked it all that much when the big male had attacked her. It was then that Garnet vowed to become better at fighting, that way no matter what happened she could take care of herself.

[/html]
[html]

made by beppe.

Asphyxia looked at her daughter and paused for about a minute after her daughters first question, "Yeah...that serious." as she listened to Garnet's questions, she pretended to think but really she didn't need to think about the answers, "When you are in your Optime form, you have advantages over other wolves, for example, we can pick stuff up with our hands, use weapons. When you are just on four paws, it's not as affective unless you plan running instead of fighting... but other than that, you can grab onto them, use fists, you can kick them... do so many things you wouldn't be able to do without your Optime form." she looked at her daughter, "For now I will teach you plenty about fighting on four paws, but when you turn nine months is the first time you'll be able to use your Optime form."

[/html]
[html]

Garnet gave her mother the fish-eye (which I always assumed meant that you turned your head so that you only look at the person with one eye). ’I suppose that makes some sense; you have more ‘weapons’ to attack with if you can use your hands and feet.’ Still, she thought that walking around on two legs would make you loose most of your balance. What was the point of getting to kick someone if you just fell over? However, she trusted that her mother knew what she was talking about, so Garnet simply shrugged off her doubts. She would find out for herself when her ninth month came.

Garnet smiled at her mother’s last statement. ”All right then. Start teaching, Sensei.” The daughter stood a little ways away from her mother, head tilted slightly. She hoped that her mom wouldn’t start this lesson by attacking her or something dramatic.

[/html]
[html]

http://i36.tinypic.com/11aj2fo.jpg); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; ">
      ooc
      Asphyxia looked at her daughter, unsure if she should actually teach her daughter. She was afraid that she might use it for something else. At the same time, Garnet seemed to be the only sane child she had, the only one with a little bit of good, enough to see it. Quietly, she beat herself up for even thinking bad things about her other children, favoring the one mirror image of her, in her head. Smiling at Garnet's words, she sighed a little but not enough for notice, “Okay, young grasshopper,” she used the word, going along with her daughters, “However, you must promise that you will not use it against anyone unless you have to.”

Asphyxia waited, and as she did she had a deep thought. It was weird, but she could make her daughter into a really good fighter, and if she continued in Inferni, there wasn't much that Inferni couldn't have. Especially if everyone knew how to fight well, but then she realized something. She was only going to be able to teach Garnet, and possibly Midnight because truth was, Asphyxia didn't want anyone fighting unless it meant that if they didn't, they would have no more life left.

“Speak.”
Table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]

The brook near where the mother and daughter were standing babbled softly, adding to the serenity to the area. You couldn’t have guessed by looking what had happened only minutes before. Somewhere in the trees, and bird warbled and sang his song. Garnet flicked a black ear as she watched her mother, who appeared to be thinking hard about something. However, her dark red eyes glinted with maybe a touch more anticipation than intended as her mother began to speak. Thank-fully, her mother’s next words took away that ambitious glimmer. Garnet chuckled briefly before replying in a somewhat more serious manner. ”Of course, mom. Why would I attack someone for no reason?” The daughter smiled at Asphyxia.

However, Garnet couldn’t help but think about her answer, if it was true. ’Would I really be able to resist with that kind of power?’ The female came to the conclusion that almost everyone would be able to kick her ass anyway, even after she knew a few fighting moves. And for those who were actually weaker than her, well, they probably wouldn’t do anything to make her feel that way. For the most part, Garnet only really got angry at someone because they ticked her off and then she couldn’t do anything about it, which made her feel weak. ’But if suddenly I wasn’t defenseless anymore-‘ There was another dangerous glint in her eyes, but she got rid of it before turning back to her mother. ”I promise you.” This seemed like an over-do extension of her previous statement, but somehow she felt that her mother once again wanted to her ‘those words’.

[/html]
[html]

http://i36.tinypic.com/11aj2fo.jpg); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; ">
      meh powerplay. t.t I tried not to use it as much as possible. xD for this kind of thread though, it's really hard NOT to have at least some in every reply. -.-
      Asphyxia looked at her daughter and nodded, “As long as you stay true to your word. I don't want to hear that my daughter had to be... put down because of her actions.” she used her words carefully, not wanting to put disturbing images in Garnet's head. She looked around first, she only wanted to teach her daughter these moves, not anyone else on the sidelines. Quickly, she got out of the brook and motioned Garnet over.

“Now... mostly you have to use your teeth the grip you have with your paws.” she went up to Garnet, careful at first because she wanted her daughter to realize that she was going to pretend to attack her. Quickly she aimed for Garnet's neck, lightly putting her teeth to the flesh, pushing her down to the ground. When Garnet was on the ground, Asphyxia put one paw on her neck so she couldn't get up unless she wanted to not be able to breathe, “from here, you can do an amazing amount of obvious attacks that are mostly just natural defense.” she let go of her daughter so she could get back up, “Also... no matter how your opponent has you pinned, you can get out of it. Now... attack me however you like, but make sure you are trying to pin me somehow.” Asphyxia got into her fighting stance, all four claws digging into the ground, ready.

“Speak.”
Table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]
OoC: I try not to powerplay, soooo... lots of short posts? D8

Garnet looked at her mother, a little bit alarmed. She knew that Asphyxia’s words had good intentions, and yet it still sounded like a threat. Maybe not a threat directly from Asphyxia, but a threat was a threat, and she didn’t like the idea of her own mother trying to kill her. She shook these thoughts away and followed her mother up to more solid ground. Her mother performed the move on her, and Garnet let out only a slight ‘umpft’ as she hit the ground. Listening carefully, Garnet laid there until she was allowed to get back up again. The black female matched her mother’s stance and started her attack.

She closed the distance quickly and feigned to the right side of her mother’s head, hoping she would snap at her as Garnet’s jaws went by. Garnet then attempted to duplicate her mother’s move by going for the neck.

[/html]
sounds fair. (= however, considering that Asphyxia is trying to show her all of this, it's hard for me. :\
[html]

made by beppe.

Asphyxia awaited her daughters attack, and when Garnet finally did, she let her go straight for her throat. When Garnet tried to pin her down like she showed her, Asphyxia swiped her legs as hard as she could against Garnet's making her fall and she came right back up, leaning over Garnet with her paw at Garnet's throat this time, leaning over her so she was unable to move. "You can't leave yourself so unguarded, you see how I'm standing over you, if you had me pinned like this, I wouldn't have been able to get out as easy." Asphyxia had one of Garnet's legs underneath one of her own paws, claws barely leaning against the flesh, if Garnet moved Asphyxia would slice her. Letting her daughter go, she looked at her, "You wanna try again?" once again, Asphyxia repositioned herself, hoping her daughter would give in and try again some other time.

[/html]
[html]

A snarl escaped Garnet’s maw as she hit the ground again. Her mother had bested her with a simple move and pinned her to the earth. Needless to say, Garnet was not pleased. She hadn’t really expected to get it right the first time, but still. ”Yeah, let me up.” Struggling slightly, Garnet let out a choking sound as her mother held her in place and lectured her. Her mother thank-fully released her, though not without a passing taunt. Garnet coughed twice, stood back up, and began circling her mother. Asphyxia watched her daughter closely. The young female tried again, this time rushing past her mother and snapping at a hind leg, attempting to unbalance Asphyxia.
[/html]
you just got served. want some fries with that? O: xD
[html]

made by beppe.

Asphyxia looked at her daughter, as she started to circle. Now the mother was curious of what Garnet was going to do. Snapping at a hind leg, Asphyxia least expected her daughter to do that but however, when she hit the ground, she came around hitting Garnet in the face with her paw but only lightly enough that it would just move her and scare her a little more than anything. Scrambling back onto her feet, she rammed into Garnet's side knocking her over and re-pinning her again like she did the last two times,
"Always be on the move, even if it hurts. You can't let your opponent do what I just did to you, or you're just dead meat." Asphyxia didn't let go this time, she was trying to catch her breath, getting older was starting to have a down side.

[/html]
[html]

Garnet’s plan worked, and she was so surprised by this that when her mother fell to the ground, she paused. Bad idea. Asphyxia’s foot snapped back and hit her in the face, causing her to leap back. Before she knew it, her mother was up and had knocked her back to the ground. Once again, the younger female was pinned to the ground; though this time her mother was visibly panting. Taking this as an opening, Garnet surged up with all her strength, ignoring the pain caused by Asphyxia’s claws ripping her fur. She grabbed her mother under the jaw, after quickly re-gaining her footing, and slammed Asphyxia over onto her back.

Garnet breathed heavily as she pinned her mother with both front feet, one on her neck and the other on her chest. Dark red eyes blazed down at her mother. ”Like that?” She coughed out between breathes, though she felt so happy that she almost went and did a little jig. If her mother struggled back against her, she would let her back up.

[/html]
so we'll end this here and we'll have another thread within the next couple days. (=
[html]

made by beppe.

Asphyxia fell under her daughter quickly as she attacked. Quickly out of instinct, Asphyxia switched the positions and now Garnet was once again underneath her. "That's exactly what I meant!" there was a true happiness in her voice that Garnet was picking up quick, there was something along the lines of being very proud of her daughter. Releasing her, Asphyxia yawned, "Anyways... I got to meet up with someone, but I will help you more with this soon. nudging her daughter in a loving manner she quickly ran off into the woods, going as fast as she could so Garnet wouldn't follow.

[/html]