[aw] with persuasive dreams of rust's discovery
[html]<style>#sieLoc td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; padding:3px; font-size:11px; }
#sieLoc td.header { font-size:15px; }
#sieLoc #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:100px;height:100px;border:1px solid #000000;background-position:29% 35%;}
#sieLoc #pushpin{position:relative;left:45px;top:45px;}</style>

Setting Location Form NPCs

Date: 02 July (Backdated)

Weather: Cloudy and drizzling

Time: Afternoon
Optime
--

(375)

Draugr is by Wander!

The rain drummed against her rooftop, an endless soft pattering. Draugr listened with a lazily half-cocked ear, her eyes struggling to focus on a small, battered book. Though it was only a children's book, she could not understand most of the shapes within. The dark-furred wolfdog had long considered asking for tutoring; however, she was not certain just who to ask. To ask the wrong canine and admit weakness simply would not do.

Though the book was made for children and therefore sturdier than the massive, thin-paged volumes Draugr had seen once or twice, the hybrid did not fling it with her frustration. She carefully replaced it in the alcove it shared with a candle and huffed to extinguish the flame. The room grew dimmer, though a few other candles cast their dancing orange-yellow light. A muffled snort told her Dyrne was irritated -- perhaps with being cooped up inside.

Her eyes fell on the array of shiny steel in the corner. The two-handed axe, sword, and dagger were neatly arranged atop a winter-bright elk pelt. Dra ran her fingers over the sword's hilt and then the axe's handle, though she picked up the dagger. There was no need for either weapon within Salsola's borders, after all, and even if there was, she hadn't the faintest idea what she was doing with either the axe or the sword. At least the dagger was simple.

Sliding into her pale skirt, the hybrid strapped the dagger on her hip and fiddled with herself a moment -- straightening a necklace, switching a bracelet from one wrist to the other, running fingers through black and silver hair -- before stepping out into the stables. She offered Dyrne a handful of the wonderful grasses the horse so liked to eat, and left her home behind. She walked through the ruins without aim, though already she considered visiting either of her agemates: Ataxia or Artemisia? The former was closer, but it had been longer since she'd seen the latter.

Convinced, the hybrid moved quickly, paying no mind to the soft rain that fell in spurts against her fur. It stopped entirely for a long moment, only to begin again a moment later.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]
this is an aw right? how come i missed this~

The medic had been plagued by the usual illnesses her condition brought forth, and it had meant staying within the walls of her den for days on end. Now, of course, Odessa felt much better, though she hardly expected it to stay like this. While she was able to move about and keep up on her feet, she intended to make the most of it. Biding her mate goodbye she headed outside. It was dismal, the weather, but Odessa made the most of it. After all, it was only a little bit of drizzle and she hardly intended to stay out and get soaked. Her blue plaid shawl was draped over her head and spilled out onto her shoulders. Her small, grey form seemed to merge into the dismal greyness of everything. She could only remember one such time when it had been like this and that was when Larkspur passed. Of course, then it was just likely that that had been how the medic saw the world around then. Perhaps it had been warm and sunny. Odessa wouldn't have cared either way.

The ruins gave some shelter from the rain, than stopped for a moment before breaking out again. And it also gave bursts of companionship since most of Salsola's members resided here. Pumpkin eyes fell on the form of the younger femme, 'Draugr', and grey feet took the monotone medic to her cousin (well, of sorts).

<style>
.superbirdie1 b {color:#fff;}
.superbirdie1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superbirdie1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#59464D; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:80px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fIpaJ.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#CBBCC1; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

(--) <3!

Draugr is by me!

Draugr paid little mind to the weather. She liked rain as much as she liked the sun, and it made little difference as to which the day held. While some might bend and scowl beneath a drizzle, Draugr meandered calmly. Her head was up and she only blinked the water from her eyes rather than crooking her head down to keep them clear. It felt good on her fur and flesh, and even the momentary sting as raindrops pattered against her eyes was well worth the cool relief.

She was passing beneath what must have been a stone archway at some point -- the uppermost parts had fallen and were piled haphazardly around the dual columns -- when a voice called out her name. The wolfdog stopped and turned, peering through the drizzle for the caller. The rain made smelling difficult -- when damp, all smells were subtly changed, and Dra could not recognize the scent that wafted toward her. It was only after she took a few steps forward she recognized Odessa beneath the veil. Hello, Odessa, the wolfdog said pleasantly. She dipped her head low in proper respect to one ranked higher than herself. Where are you headed?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
horribly short >.< gotta do homewerk~

Odessa was not opposed to the rain, in fact, she held every aspect of nature as a beauty (well, aside from the floods ad other catastrophic turns in the weather). It watered the plants when she could not, which was unfortunately an often occurrence recently and something Odessa hoped wouldn't be taken into consideration given her condition. And what's more, continuous sunshine would shrivel the plants. Granted the medic would have prefered to be out in the sun herself, but would content herself with walking in the rain all the same.

The grey woman made short strides over to her cousin and awkwardly perched herself on a fallen beam nearby, sighing with relief at a good rest. 'Nowhere in particular' she smiled, nodding her head herself. 'And where are you heading?' Odessa asked in return, brushing a loose strand of fringe away before resting a hand on her stomach. The other one on the stone beside her for balance.

<style>
.superbirdie1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superbirdie1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#59464D; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:80px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fIpaJ.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#CBBCC1; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

(--)

Draugr is by me!

The slightness of Odessa's form made her pregnancy rather apparent, but Draugr was not certain whether it was acceptable or not to comment on such things. It was a part of etiquette she did not yet fully understand. While she'd been around pregnant women before, it was never in such a private setting, and she'd been spared the inner conflict as to whether compliments were appropriate or not. Draugr still hadn't concluded whether she ought to say something when Odessa spoke again.

Just walking, I suppose, the wolfdog said, deciding Odessa might usher her along if she said she had been headed to a friend's house. In truth, Draugr was glad for any company, and Odessa was already here. You're tired? she asked, taking a hesitant step toward the seated woman. You look lovely, at least. Even if the gray-hued woman was exhausted, her physical presence seemed to be bright and all aglow. This was one indirect way to raise the subject, and perhaps her reaction would allow Draugr further knowledge of how she was supposed to approach the subject of pregnancy.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc things go here

Odessa carried her condition well, as if it had been tailor made for her. As mourning had those few months back. But it was not to say she felt as well as she looked. Imhotep had tried to show er with compliments, but it was no use and Odessa had smiled, shook her head and denied his words. Everyone said she looked well, but Odessa found it hard to agree with all the kind words. She felt bloated, hungry, ill and continuously tired. But she supposed it would all be worth it in a few short weeks. Draugr asked if she was tired and moved closer a step, Odessa patted the stone flat beside her. 'Come, sit'. A moment passed before she answered her cousins question, 'Yes, I am. But I suppose it will be fine in a few short weeks, it'll all be worth it'.

Odessa smiled and laughed gently, 'I don't feel it. I haven't been able to get out of the house at all what with Imhotep's hovering. But I guess it's just precautions...' It was no secret that Odessa's main worry was her slight, childlike form. The idea of complications plagued her to no end. 'How have you been?' the medic asked, bright orange eyes turning gently towards the younger girl.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

(--)

Draugr is by Haley!

Draugr wondered what it was like to carry children inside of her. She hadn't been keen on the idea in youth, and she still was not comfortable with it -- she was far too young to have her own children, after all. It was not so strange to consider it in others, and looking at Odessa was fascinating -- hardly repulsive, as it was when she considered her own offspring. Draugr's dark ears twitched and she listened to the gray female, nodding where appropriate and offering a smile. If you need help, before or during the birth, I would love to learn, Draugr admitted.

Very good. Draugr considered telling Odessa everything that had happened on her trek south, but she hesitated to share about the shadow-dark woman and the trader. I went to the city on the coast. Not the ocean coast, the bay's coast. There are new packs to the west, she said, waving a hand dismissively. None as great as Salsola. It was an interesting trip. The wolfdog winced as she considered what that might sound like to Odessa, and bit her lip. I'm sorry, you're cooped up and I talk of taking trips. Forgive me. Her ears were flat against her skull, and her pale eyes regarded the muddy ground as if it held the secret meaning to all the universe.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc things go here

Odessa had wanted this from the very beginning. And she could truly see not other role that suited her aside from a mother and a healer. The medic was not sly and muscled like her cousin nor was she imposing or fit for leadership like her. Odessa, despite having her innocence taken from her some few months ago, was still a statue of innocence as she stood. The grey toned woman was still naive to many of the dangers outside of her usual routine. The battle that fell upon the thistle lands had beaten the shield she protected herself with, but had not fractured it altogether.

Dark ears flickered towards Draugr again and a smile appeared on the medic's lips. 'Thank you. You're attendance would be most comforting, and helpful. I think I'll need all the help I can get...' she trailed off and pursed her lips, but the sombre attitude faded quickly when Draugr spoke of her travels and then stopped. 'Oh, no. Don't feel the need to stop on my account' she smiled, patting her stomach, 'It's not like it's for no reason after all'. Pumpkin eyes regarded the girl warmly, 'No forgiveness is needed, none at all'.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

(--)

Draugr is by me!

Draugr was excited to know her presence at the birth was welcomed. The drab-furred wolf wanted to know more about this process so she could determine for herself whether she wished to engage it or not. It would be years coming, to be sure, but Draugr was curious all the same. I'll be there, she promised, deciding it was better to approach the subject of help rather than study. No one liked to be thought of as an experiment. You're strong, I know you'll be alright, the hybrid said.

Odessa's kindliness was received with a smile. Silently, the wolfdog wondered if her companion was merely being polite. There was no shame in irritation when one was gravid, or so Draugr thought -- she might have been wrong on that point, however, being less worldly than Odessa. Still -- she squirreled this away to consider it, answering her companion with a broadened smile. Thank you, she said. But I would talk of other things, all the same, she said, insisting.

Whatever subject you think is best, the silvery woman said. She would listen to the Confidant about her hopes and dreams for the children or discuss the best way to slice a deer steak -- whichever Odessa preferred. You're the one in need of extra kindnesses, and my rank exists to serve your own. While Draugr knew the Associate was not a servant in the sense of the slaves, she was still the more lowly-ranked of the pair, and the hierarchy dictated Odessa's dominance in all things.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 OOC

angels watching over me with smiles upon their face

The fact that Draugr had said she'd be present was comforting, although the girl was younger, Odessa had full trust in her and her knowledge. 'I'm not sure about that...' Odessa said with a smile, uncertain, but forcing back a blush either way. She was understandably shy about the reason why she was worried, but if Draugr was going to be present, she may need to know. 'It's just that my body never really developed fully I suppose...' It remained thin, with curves but nothing like her mother, short and compact. 'I'm just concern it will complicate things, you know'. Of course, Odessa supposed it would be easier after the first time, everything would widen out she supposed.

'Well,' Odessa considered, trying to summon a topic to her mind. Her fingers tapped the stone work impatiently after a moment before her eyes brightened and she turned back to Draugr with a smile, 'We could always discuss medicine? Something we're both familiar with. Or perhaps plant life?'

'cause I have made it through this far in an unforgiving place
<style>
.odessa-txt3 {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.odessa-txt3 .inner {}
.odessa-txt3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.odessa-txt3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.odessa-txt3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.odessa-txt3 b {color:#cc8686; letter-spacing:1px; }
.odessa-txt3 i {color:#cc8686; letter-spacing:1px; }
.odessa-txt3 u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--) 8D

Draugr is by Haley!

Draugr's ears pricked forward as she listened to Odessa's concern. Pale purple eyes appraised the woman's form at a glance, and she saw it was true. Draugr herself was a larger example of a canine, and her curves were well-defined. Wide-set hips would make childbirth easier for the drab wolfdog, though she did not know if she wanted to rear a child of her own blood and body.

I see, she said. It is a concern, but I think smaller women than you have done it before. Perhaps that would reassure her silver-shaded companion? With the suggested subject, Draugr's dark-hued muzzle broke into smile, and her silver-tipped tail twitched with faint amusement. If we speak of medicine or plants, you'll do most of the talking, and me most of the listening. If you don't mind, I'd love to. The wolfdog paused but a moment to consider, and decided to ask the most pertinent question: What plants will you need for birth? Mama Siv said thyme might help. Draugr did not know a thing beyond this, though she trusted her mother's wisdom.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc things go here

'Yes. But I suppose only time will tell' she confided softly, offering up a grateful smile towards Draugr. Odessa wished she had the body shape of her mother, much more graceful (at least in Odessa's eyes) than her own. Or Draugr, her size was something to be envied. Nevertheless she worried and despite her best efforts there was nothing she could do to stop herself worrying, not even speaking with other healers was working like it should. A sigh escaped her maw and a shake of her head sent dark curls flying. 'Perhaps I'm just being paranoid. Maybe everything will be just fine'. The medic secured the fact in her mind, of course everything would be fine. What evidence did she have to support her worries that it wouldn't be? Everything had gone fine so far hadn't it?

Odessa was about to suggest another subject when Draugr spoke, taking her comment as a hint to choose a more level subject. But was brought out in a grin when Draugr accepted the subject. Ears flickered quickly as she questioned Odessa though. 'Uh...' she hummed, caught out by the question. 'I'm not quite sure aside form thyme. I haven't really been researching it' she blushed and tilted her eyes and ears downwards and backwards. 'I didn't really want to come across anything that might scare or worry me...' The medic made a nervous chuckle and the smiled. 'It's kinda of silly really'.

<style>
</style>[/html]
ooc summary: before this Draugr didn't talk much, only said she didn't understand the second part of dessa's speech. after dis they go read books. :3

[html]

(--)

Draugr is by me!

The hybrid cocked her head and nodded her understanding of Imhotep's fear. She did not quite feel this, herself -- Eris was not intimidating to her, nor was their leadership. The dark-hued wolfdog made note of the terror experienced by gray-furred woman's mate. Perhaps this was a weakness she might capitalize on? Draugr was not a particularly experienced player -- she did not know how to take advantages of such things as of yet.

Your blood is strong blood. I know less about Imhotep's, but he looks to possess the same strength, Draugr said lightly. She meant this wholeheartedly, of course -- the D'Angelo bloodline was famed within Salsola, and she'd grown up alongside the Eternity-D'Angelo children. With the silvery woman's explanation, Draugr understood better. Though she did not think she would act in such a manner, it made sense. Though the Associate was but a youth, she'd already noticed her curiosity and willingness to approach the unknown typically surpassed others.

I understand, she said, finally. You can't worry about what you don't know.

<style>
</style>[/html]