[M] curses in your eyes
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 331 :: For Kargek and Draugr. Not sure if I should mark this private since we're gonna need to drag other people in here eventually

Ataxia had started to reconsider taking the man hostage, while carrying him down the steps leading into the basement. Her arms were straining to hold him up, and her brain was making panicked signals to drop that right now, lest her arms fall off. Somehow, they all made their way down downstairs and placed him on the floor before he acquired a new bruise on his head.

"We need something to tie him up with," The hybrid said between attempts to catch her breath. "You go get some chains - and a lamp. There's one in my quarters if you can't find one in storage." She told the slave. They were in Salsola's Borgata Coatl. The storage building was not too far from the slave quarters, so the trip should not take long. "I'm not sure rope will be enough to restrain him," she confessed when the slave had retreated up the stairs.

It was perhaps lucky that they had found something solid within which they could keep their new possession - the basement's walls were thick, sturdy stone and would need little repair. Some cleaning would have to be done before it was livable, and perhaps the man would need a bed, but that was all. The most important part of his new living space was the slanted metal door - something unusual in a village of primitive log cabins. Stacking a few heavy objects atop the door might keep from escaping.

"We'll need a healer, once we get him all tied up. Who do you think would be up at this hour?" She asked Draugr. It was already evening when she had found the man, and the sun was setting now. All that was left was little tendrils of red light, fading to an increasingly dark sky. Some of the light was seeping down the stairs and into the basement, but it was little enough. It was a miracle that they'd managed to drag the man downstairs without slipping.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--) I guess leave it open! O: Whenever we're ready for others to jump in, lemme know and I'll twitter it up ('cause I totally still gots fingers in parts of SL even if I am IF leader now >_>).

Draugr is by Requiem!

Draugr wished they would have had the foresight to get others involved in this effort, especially now that they were moving through Salsolian territory. Their quarry was heavy, and her arms were aching with the effort of carrying him for a second time. Still, if others had come to help, the glory then needed to be split amongst all those in attendance. This way was much better: she and Ataxia alone would receive credit for having captured the big man.

The wolfdog was quite glad when the man was fully within the slave quarters' basement. Twisting and turning, Dra stretched herself out, spine popping and crackling a few times. Pale purple eyes lingered on the storm doors; she wondered whether they'd be strong enough to hold the wolf. The basement was windowless, and the slanted metal doors provided the only way in -- and, consequently, the only way out. Perhaps, with something to secure it, it just might work. Her ears pricked as she listened to Ataxia address the slave in a commanding tone, and less confidently once Gjalda moved off.

For her part, Draugr could only shrug. She, too, was uncertain as to whether they could contain the male. Capturing him was one thing, keeping him another entirely. As this was Ataxia's idea, Dra did not consider herself responsible for figuring out that part of it -- she'd only done as she was bid. Maybe not, she agreed neutrally, figuring this was the best thing to say. Perhaps miss Odessa or mama Siv, she suggested, albeit warily: her mother would be awake at this hour, but Siv was not a healer in the true sense of the word -- rather, Draugr suggested her mother for the woman's experience in dealing with slaves.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: wtf you are fast.

Ataxia considered the two options. Odessa was vaguely familiar to her, but she couldn't remember talking to her personally. It was possible she had, in her pup months, perhaps. Siv was slightly more familiar, but the young hybrid still knew not what to think of her. "Your mother is a healer?" It was impossible to made a good choice without knowing them; if it came down to it, she'd settle with whoever was nearby.

Something bright appeared in the doorway to the basement. It was Gjalda, with a pile of chains slung over one arm and a lantern hanging on the other. He took each step down carefully, as if he was afraid he might fall. Halfway there, the silver-haired girl lost her patience with him and took the chains from his arms. After carrying the heavy wolf, her muscles weren't ready to endure another task, and began to shake. Ataxia dumped the chains on the floor as soon as she reached the basement floor.

The hybrid sighed and flexed her arms. She was definitely going to be feeling this in the morning. The slave was right behind her with the latern. His fear of falling was cured when the girl had taken his burden from his hands.

"Hold that up while we work." Ataxia said. Higher the lamp was, the more light could be spread over an area. It, unfortunately, could have the side effect of waking the man - but Ataxia didn't think of that.

A little hesitant now, she pulled a set of shackles from the pile of chains. It could fit another either his hands or feet; she decided the latter was the best, and set about locking them around his ankles. Her hands were still shaky, but the weight of just the one chain was not so heavy as carrying them all together.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc things go here

Odessa had left the den she shared with her mate. Finally feeling better and thankfully being able to stomach some foods, she had kept herself busy throughout the day. Forgetting her promise not to strain herself. After all, Imhotep had been so worried about her last week when she'd been sick. Of course, there had been nothing seriously wrong. Odessa could have fooled herself though, she was absolutely sure she was going to die for a while. Looking back on it, she could laugh. But it didn't stop how much she worried about her growing family. It was why she looked up to her mother and Eris, they fact that they'd produce wonderful children, prides of Salsola (Harrow aside). And Eris had lead a pack too! Although she'd submitted her seat (but not her title) to her own daughter, Odessa still revered the woman highly.

She wandered across the brush lands, a hand upon her stomach. Her free hand fiddled with the strap of her satchel aimlessly as she gazed up at the setting sky. It was beautiful, Salsola always looked pretty. But the grandness didn't fade as the sun went down. While sunrise was always Odessa's favourite time of day, sunset was equally appealing to her. It was merely the different between the day and night that bothered her.

A slave scampered past her all of a sudden, and Odessa almost felt the urge to shout at him, before the urge quelled. 'What's happening?' The slave looked down to her and spoke dutifully, 'New slave, needs medic help. Been sent to get chains...' and with that he left. Picking up on the scent, Odessa trotted off as fast as she could, all her supplies in her satchel as usual. As she arrived, she saw her cousin and Draugr with the male. 'What's happening?' she asked again.

<style>
.superbirdie1 b {color:#fff;}
.superbirdie1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superbirdie1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#59464D; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:80px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fIpaJ.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#CBBCC1; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

No I'm not, you just think I am. D: Kargek, if you reply next and he wakes up, he can grab/shove/whatever Draugr, so long as it's not superdamage-type injury. Giving her a good chucking across the room, maybe? XD

Draugr is by me!

The hybrid's dark muzzle broke out into a toothy smile, though it was a tempered one. A healer of sorts. She's better with dealing with... his sort, she said, gesturing a bit. Big sorts. Like mama Siv herself, Dra added, lest the canine begin to wake up and take her meaning wrong. When Gjalda reappeared, however, there was no mistaking their intent: the tinkling, scraping sound of metal against metal signified their purpose. Draugr's lips writhed in half a snarl, and she looked back toward the slave, hissing under her breath in as quiet a whisper as she could. We must go quickly now.

The hybrid bent to the pile of chains and sorted out a rusty pair of manacles. They were old of design and function, but most importantly, they were large enough to accomodate most any thickness of wrist. The hybrid hustled over toward the big slave and lifted one arm, buckling it in. She twisted her head back around at the sound of a voice and smiled broadly at Odessa. A new friend, she said, brightly -- half-chained, the man's consciousness was less concerning now, but still a threat. Perhaps friendly words would confuse his well-scrambled brain that they really were friends, despite the chains: words were powerful like that on occasion. Draugr bit her lip and stepped gingerly over him to his other side, moving for the other shackle.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Kargek had remained out cold throughout the trip--luckily for them--only occasionally twitching and grumbling in protest though he could never focus well enough to awaken. When the three of them had gotten his dead weight into the basement he began to slowly come too, eyes fluttering open and closed though he refrained from making too much noise to ensure they would not know he was waking.

When the chains went around his ankles he tensed. Shit, shit, shit... But he made no move to open his eyes as another voice joined the two already present. When he felt the light brushing of fingers and then another manacle wrapping its way around his first wrist the man took action and grabbed the girl by the throat as she leaned across him to get his next arm, chucking her across the room, a great roar accompanying his actions. With heaving breaths the tall man looked about the dim room, hunched over as to not knock his head against the low ceiling. "Back," he growled, "get away from me." Kargek screamed the command, blood starting to rush into his head causing him to swoon and fall a few steps back against a wall.

[/html][html]<style type="text/css">.kargek {padding:20px; font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; word-spacing:2px;} .kargek b {color:#000;} .kargek p {text-indent:20px;} .kargek span {font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 304 :: Out of Character text

Ataxia tensed as her friend was thrown across the room. Her vision wavered briefly; her body was starting to undergo an unconscious transformation into Seculi form. Her ears flattened as the man's screams rang in her ears. The silver-haired girl took deep breaths and stopped the process before it happened. "This," she began, her voice calm and even, "is why you are in chains. You are too large to be trusted not to hurt us while we try to help you. Do you think we'll allow you out now?"

The hybrid shot a worried glance to her friend, then circled the man. She was just at the edge of reach, and thought she would be safe enough. "We found you alone, with your horse. You hit your head somehow. You may be in pain, but that does not give you the right to attack us. We are only trying to help. Don't make us regret that generosity; you are in chains, and at the heart of our packlands. If you kill one of us, there are many others that can kill you." It was true, though she hoped it would not come to that. It would be her fault if it did. She turned away from the man and found Draugr. "You okay?" She felt vaguely guilty, and wanted to say sorry for dragging her into this, but that might be a weakness.

Her tail twitched in irritation. She gave another glance to the chained man, then looked at her cousin. "I'm not sure you should try to help him yet. Let him have his tantrum. Maybe he'll tire himself out." She had intended to be much nicer to the wolf, to fool him into what they were doing to him, but it was impossible to not be angered when he had threatened Draugr. Ataxia didn't want to risk another of Salsola getting hurt.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 short, because 'dessa is jsut standing there

angels watching over me with smiles upon their face

Odessa was, as you'd expect, taken aback as the girl was flung across the room. She was fond of Draugr, beyond that of a regular pack mate, and let out a gasp as the captured male attacked. More concerned over the rusted girl than the large male, she scampered awkwardly over to her aid, nodding at Ataxia's words. Her hand snaked to her stomach with a frown and she nodded steadily, 'Oh, don't worry about that, I intend to stay away'. She smiled towards Ataxia and then regarded the male sternly. 'We're only trying to help you. We wouldn't need to chain you down if you didn't have hissy fit...' she pointed out, 'And I'm not willing to come over there and help you if I'm in danger'. Especially in her condition, not that she would have wanted to get thrown across the room any how.

'We could always drug him? I'd suggest hitting him around the head again, but that might do more damage...' Odessa offered with a playful smile, though the former had been a honest offer. There were hemp bags full of herbs and a flask of water. And Novak had managed to fashion a miniature mortar and pestle out of rock to crush them into a paste. Yes, she was well prepared.

'cause I have made it through this far in an unforgiving place
<style>
.odessa-txt3 {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.odessa-txt3 .inner {}
.odessa-txt3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.odessa-txt3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.odessa-txt3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.odessa-txt3 b {color:#cc8686; letter-spacing:1px; }
.odessa-txt3 i {color:#cc8686; letter-spacing:1px; }
.odessa-txt3 u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Salsola

Welcome to Salsola! As a new member of the pack, you're ranked as an Associate. We strongly encourage you to read over the Associates page of our website for further information about your rank, promotions, and other relevant things.

As a new member, why not:

• Start plotting with your fellow members -- start or join an Open Thread on Salsola territory.
  • Figure out if your character wants the Cotona ritual to take place, and where on their body they'd like the scar.
  • Figure out which of the Jobs you'd like and let the leadership know which you're considering.
  • Check out our pack game and start earning points! You can claim a residence in the Borgatas Colotl or Coatl after 50 points in the pack game (note: residences outside these two areas are free).
  • Add yourself to our Directory, and please remember to add your character's animal companions to our Stables! See Salsola Maintenance for further information.
  • Familiarize yourself with the pack's leaders and make sure you contact one of us if you encounter any sort of difficulty or require any assistance. You can send us a Private Messages or post to the Salsola Maintenance thread.
<style>@import url('http://soulsrpg.com/salsola/style/maintenance.css');</style>[/html]
[html]

(--) Oh lordy, I really should not be posting with Draugr but SCREW IT, I'M DOIN IT. >_>

Draugr is by Haley!

And, as suddenly as that, she was across the room. Draugr lifted her head woozily and looked around, having no comprehension of the prior few moments. Her consciousness returned in a flood as she saw the half-chained slave, standing and conscious. His wakefulness, however, seemed to be fleeting, whereas Draugr was on her feet again. She'd knocked her shoulder against the wall but good and it hurt, but she was okay, and not even bleeding. Her lips drew back in an appropriate snarl, but she said nothing even as Odessa came for her.

The silver-tipped hybrid half-stood herself, taking a step forward and around Odessa, standing between her and the big man. No drugs, she spat. Let him stay in pain if this is how he'll repay us. In fact, Draugr thought drugs were quite a marvelous idea -- she did not intend to let him think that, though. Better to slip them into his food quietly and return to finish the chaining when he was out cold. If he didn't eat, perhaps he'd sleep -- at some time or other. It might be a few days, but all creatures needed sleep. She glanced toward the door, thinking it might be best for them to leave before he decided to attack again.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the late reply! Work has been eating up my free time.

Kargek fell into silence as they spoke, looking around the room at the three females and the male, trying to properly understand the situation he was in. Shame washed over him as the grey girl spoke, soaking into his bones as his brown and hazel eyes strayed over to the tiny woman who he had thrown across the room. "Bandits," came his short and gruff answer, though he knew a question had not been asked. "I am disoriented, I did not mean..." He went on to explain, aiming to apologize as another woman spoke of drugging him. He would not allow that. When the girl he had thrown piped up though he knew he would not have to fear being incapacitated again, instead having to endure the headache that was forming at the base of skull and spreading to the backs of his eyes.

Rubbing his forehead roughly with dark fingers he steadied himself against the wall. "If you unchain me and give me my horse I will leave peacefully. I have a meeting I do not wish to miss with three old friends," the last was said darkly, his intent for revenge clear in his eyes, muscles straining against the chains from the emotion of it.

[/html]