Doing what I know best... protecting
Aylu had long since come back from Halifax. After his run in with Rio he was confused on how to feel towards females. So he did what he knew best. Running the boarders and making sure no one that wasn't pack came though without authorized approval. He had never forgotten his monk ways but had decided that wearing clothes were over rated and had left his robes in Halifax. Now he ran with out them with only a long bow and a quiver of arrows, his dagger, a water pouch and his staff. He was making his normal rounds when he noticed a lump in the distance. He rushed forward to find.... a young female wolf. She looked like she had been camping at the boarder and was just too weak to call for someone. She had fallen asleep on her stomach, her breathing soft but not labored. He shook her softly and watched her wake.

"Did I make it? Is this Cercatori d'Arte?" she asked as her silvery blue eyes looked up at him. "This is d'Arte. Who are you stranger? And what do you seek here in d'Arte," he asked softly as the woman sat up and dusted herself off. She was petite with small hands and paws. Her muzzle was short but not short enough to make her a coyote. She was thin and obviously weak from lack of water. Her fur was a silvery grey and she watched him with curiosity. "Are you thirsty? Let me call my Alpha," he said howling for his Alpha and giving the woman his water sack. She drunk greedily, like she hadn't had water in days. After she had finished the water and handed him the empty sack she smiled before hugging him. "Thank you sir. I am Sarian Grant. I left Orin to come back here. I remember you. You were nice to me," she whispered and looked down.

"Sarian Grant... Shiloh Grant's daughter?" he asked and Sarian shook her head yes. "She gave her life to save mine. I loved my mother greatly," said Sarian, her hand going to a small carving on her neck. "I am sorry for your loss. Here... I feel this is yours," he said withdrawing the dagger from its leather sheath. "My mothers dagger... Where... how..." "In time Sarian in time,"
[html]

Smile

She heard the call from her post on the far end of the borders; she recognized the voice as Aylu's, one of her trusted Mercenaries. Not wanting to keep him waiting - the tone in his voice seemed slightly urgent, as if he had found something or someone - she made her way to where she had heard his voice.

She began to see who it was at the borders - as she suspected, it was Aylu, with another canine. The other canine seemed to be a young female, with a slight build - she looked weak, as if she had had nothing to eat or drink in a while. She saw that Aylu had given her water to drink from his pouch, from her wet muzzle and his empty water sack, and glanced at him appreciatively.

Skye stepped forward, her slim figure adorned with nothing save for her brown leather belt with her trusted dagger attached. She did not reach for it, however - she could see that the stranger was not a threat, at least not now. She noticed that she smelled faintly of Cour des Miracles.

"Greetings, Aylu," she said, dipping her head to her fellow pack mate. "Who have we here?" she asked, peering down at the young female who now rested on her borders.

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei08 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dadde4; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #293343; }
.allifreebei08-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#293343; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei08 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.allifreebei08 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#94b8d4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei08.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dadde4; padding: 125px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#293343; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei08-border1 {width:482px; border:1px solid #293343; margin:0 auto;}
.allifreebei08-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #86a2bc; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
Aylu stood as Skye approached. He bowed low to her and helped Sarian up. She leaned against him heavily and whimpered slightly as she stepped on her left hind paw. "Skye this young woman is Sarian Grant. She used to live here as a pup," he said as Sarian pushed away from him and put out a hand. "I would like to stay here ma'am. I left Orin to come back here... something is here for me. My... mother had run here from Aniwaya during the war," she whispered as Aylu came up behind her to keep her from falling over.

"I hope this isn't too much to ask but I would like to have Sarian stay with me. When she was with Orin I saw much potential in her. She could learn so much from me and I don't want to turn her out. She is different," said Aylu as Sarian shook in his arms. He picked the young woman up, not wanting anything to happen to her if she fell. He watched her with a father like gaze. He wanted her to go far.
[html]

It was then that she realized that the female was, in fact, familiar to her, although she had not seen her since she was a tiny pup - it was Sarian, all grown up now, and seemingly without the care of Orin anymore. She had met her as a pup in Cercatori d'Arte, but the scent of Cour des Miracles, the fact that she was an adult now, and the unexpectedness of the situation had thrown her off. She also remembered Shiloh, and Saxif, the women who she had given shelter to during the AniWayan war.

She could tell by the look on Aylu's face that he cared for Sarian, and did see potential in her - she nodded. "She is welcome here with you, Aylu," she said - she knew Sarian, and knew that she wouldn't cause harm. And if she did? She was with Aylu, one of her soldiers. She still wondered about the circumstances surrounding Sarian appearing at the borders, but she did not pry. Rather, she stepped back into the territory, allowing Aylu to enter with the pup, and allowing Sarian to speak at her own time.

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei08 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dadde4; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #293343; }
.allifreebei08-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#293343; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei08 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.allifreebei08 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#94b8d4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei08.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dadde4; padding: 125px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#293343; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei08-border1 {width:482px; border:1px solid #293343; margin:0 auto;}
.allifreebei08-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #86a2bc; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
Sarian's tail wagged softly as Aylu took her across the boarders and into d'Arte. She had waited a long time to come back here and now she was going to live with Aylu. She remembered the way the man played with her and cuddled her. She had longed for that love he had given her again and now as she lay in his arms she knew she was safe. So many things had happened in her short life that even when she was with Orin she felt very unloved. She had felt most loved with X'yrin and Kiara. She had tried so hard to go back to pack lands, to find her Rin and Kiara. The white woman had found her, she remembered Orin. She had taken her in, fed her, nursed her back to health. She lived when her mother had died. Her mother had taken her to the field to play and they had till her mother fell ill. Sarian had laid down with her mother as it started to snow. They had laid there and Sarian had remembered something wet on her fur before her mother wiped it off and told her to feed.

She had fed and slept under her mothers warm smooth hand. It was later when it snowed more did Sarian move closer. She remembered nudging against her mothers warm fur and feeling her breathe. She had stayed there for days until her mother stopped being warm and she started being hungry did she leave. Her mommy wouldn't wake up and feed her. She had gotten lose trying to get a small mouse to eat. Now she was back in d'Arte. "Please... I just want to be loved and wanted by someone. Please be my daddy," she whispered before falling asleep in Aylu's strong arms.

Aylu was taken back by Sarian's softly spoken words. He didn't know much of the girls past but he knew she had been though a lot. He had the feeling she had been there when Shiloh had pasted away. As he walked her to his house he knew she needed stablity and change in her life. She would have to let go of her past to progress. He would have to train her, take a few days off from patrolling. She would need to rest and eat and he would have so much to teach her. Skye would have another warrior and artist. He pushed open the door to his house and laid her down on his bed, covering her and leaving meat for her to eat and a water sack.