AW. Getting comfortable in my skin.
[html]

Toby may join this pack in a few weeks! He needs friends! Forward dated July 8th.

Toby had claimed the control of his body as Fang ran from the future mother of his children. Parallel with the border of the woman's pack he rushed by until his energy forced him to take a break. Panting, he bent over trying to breath. His black, muscular chest heaved. He needed some food, water, and a good nap. It would be key for him to find the food later but is main concern would be rest for now. There was moment of wait as he looked past the invisible border for a sign of another soul. Would it be safe to sleep so close to their borders? He frowned in thought and leveled the odds of being attacked.

What if the female sent someone after him? It wasnt his fault! The bloody demon and done it all! He gave an annoyed sigh, feeling a short temper rise inside him. He hadnt asked to be a monster! It had never been his choice! He clenched his fists. Why him? Why had they picked a small pup to kidnap for their evil pack to rape and abuse all those years? A growl rumbled in his chest as his anger swelled up. He needed to hit something. Without much thought he whirled around, slamming his fist into the nearest tree's trunk. A loud thud rattled off as he did so. A yelp escaped his mouth. Cradling his newly bruised hand he huffed a hot breath out and set down against the tree. Nothing was fair it seemed.

His back to the tree, he inspected his hand. It was amazing that it still worked. He tested his fingers by bending them up into a fist slowly. His wince read everything: he'd be sore for days. He gave another sigh and starred up at the sky. He had to find a way to stop the noise. He didn't know where the closest beach was but he would head that direction sooner or later. He could feel the familiar craving for the way a beach's wind swished through his hair or how the salt tasted in the water. Yes, he would have to head there very soon. His black eyes shifted, blinking in exhaust as he did so. How long would it be until a patrol appeared across that border? Would they expect an excuse for why he was here? His eyes were trying to close. He tried to relax without leaving himself open to attack by a patrolling pack member. Eventually they would come. He was sure of it.

<style type="text/css">
.matcat b {font-weight:bold; color:#FF3333; letter-spacing:1px; }
.matcat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.matcat p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.matcat {margin:0px auto; width:490px; background-color:#000000 ; background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/k9t85y.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border:1px solid #D8D8D8 ; padding: 167px 0px 10px 0px; text-align:justify; color: #FFFFFF; font-style:normal; font-family:georgia, serif;}
</style>
[/html]
Table by Me.

[html]
Word Count :: 377 Hope you don't mind a Grace Smile

Rolling her shoulders back she once more picked at the leather strap hanging from her left shoulder to her right hip, despite having worn it on the odd occasion to gather resources it was strange for her to have something upon her that restrained her movement, if only a little bit. Most comfortable in nothing more then her own golden coat, the librarian was slow to adjust to having the leather bag with her more often then she ever had, for the bag was now containing two very comfortable, smugly Tiger Quolls youngsters. Peeling away the pouches lid she peered down at the siblings sound asleep, a undeniable fondness showing clearly in her face as she gazed upon them. Already she had spent much time thinking over names for the pair, wanting to give them each a unique name that, in her opinion, would suit them.

Even on her way back from encountering the drowned male; whose accent rivalled Nier's a fair bit, no names had really struck her or seemed to fit and so she'd slept on it and upon awaking she had decided to name the girl Pumpkin and the round, slightly chubby male Cabbage. A cool breeze forced her to cover the pair, ocean eyes lifting up and scanning her surroundings; some of the land marks were becoming more and more familiar to the golden librarian, the lay of the lands gradually becoming easy to navigate with each trip outside of the village she made. Judging from what she could see she placed herself close to the borders or atleast, she thought she was. Pushing back fine dreads she picked up her feet, idly walking further out of the land in search of a clear landmark or indication where she was.

After some time walking the winds changed, the scent of a stranger; not of Anathema nor of Vinatta, filled her nostrils. Cocking her head she contemplated how to respond to the situation for a moment before altering her course to seek out the stranger, ocean eyes later sighting the black male. “Hello. Is there something you want from us?” the words were neither overly friendly or harsh, an indifferent question towards someone she didn't know and as such, currently held no opinion of.

Photo courtesy of Analog Weapon, texture by SweettEmottion

<style>
.KMTT_GraceGRunge p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge b {font-family:verdana; color:#a85f4d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge {background-color:#f5e9c5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8329/gracetable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:321px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_GraceGRunge .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc here!

He heard the female just before she spoke, opening his eyes and sitting up straighter. She was standing there looking neutral in feelings. He could see she was testing the waters before diving straight in. "No... I was just... Resting." Stress started knotting up his shoulders. He had known someone would come eventually but he hadn't expected it to be so soon. Something about the way she was coming off so... His eyes flickered around him as he searched for a word yet he found no adjective.

Standing quickly, he looked back to the female. "I don't want any trouble... I was just, uh, tired." He knew she was from the same pack as the other girl. What if more showed up to imprison him? His heart skipped a few beats. It wasn't really me though... If she knew, she'd already have attacked! Forcing himself to take a breath he reached a hand up to scratch the back of his head. "What's your pack's name again?" He knew being foolish wasn't always the best way to come off but it was better than coming off threatening. He gave an awkward smile and waited for the light colored luperci to answer him.

<style type="text/css">
.matcat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.matcat {margin:0px auto; width:490px; background-color:#000000 ; background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/k9t85y.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border:1px solid #D8D8D8 ; padding: 167px 0px 10px 0px; text-align:justify; color: #FFFFFF; font-style:normal; font-family:georgia, serif;}
</style>
[/html]
Table by Me.

[html]
416 words. Secui form. Hostile and Territorial Niernan. No Ciaran

Niernans heavy paws stepped surprisingly lightly as he padded through the pine loam, his cyan eyes scanning the thin tree cover as he made his way to the lake on his patrol. His bushy tail wagged feebly behind his rump as he walked; the day was warm and pleasant and it was almost possible to forget the news that Colibri had brought back to the pack yesterday. For a moment the tension that had been present in his shoulders since the pack meeting had dissipated in the sunlight, but as his mind took him back to the cuts and bruises on his pack mates body the tension returned tenfold. He let a stream of savage growls and barks rumble from his vast Secui chest but it didn't kill his anger.

A flash of golden fur caught his eye through the trees, he raised his nose to the air and inhaled, Grace's scent, papery and wild, came to him. His brow creased in worry though as the scent of a stranger also filled his nose, he trotted towards the golden D'Angelo, realising as he got closer that she was over the pack borders, meaning the stranger was outside packlands and not trespassing. He slowed as he approached, coming to a stop at Grace's side. As a greeting to his lover he brushed against her side, but his eyes were fixed on the stranger. His tan rimmed ears had picked up the dark dogs stammering reply and his last question, he saved Grace from responding by answering in his growly Irish tones. "These lands belong to Vinatta, stranger. You choose to rest in a questionable place, so close to pack borders, especially as there seems to be a rogue with a taste for violence wandering this area."

Niernan paused then, his eyes running up and down the black furred dog, taking in his black eyes, the red dye on his fur and the runic scar etched into his chest. He noticed the dogs unease and grew suspicious, "What did you say your name was stranger?" The growl in his voice had become more pronounced and his hackles had raised as his suspicions grew. He waited, unsure of the dog, not knowing how he would react and that made him even more nervous seeing as Grace was stood right next to him. He glanced at the Golden woman, knowing that if he asked her to leave he'd get a smack or an acerbic remark, he sighed and relented to her presence.

<style type="text/css">
.nscross b {font-weight:bold; color:#2a5c9b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #a3b9d1; }
.nscross p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nscross {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 266e17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a5c9b; padding: 440px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.nscross p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.nscross p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 342 Don't mind her.... she'd just being.. typical Grace ^^; caring little about anything other then questioning whether Toby is stupid or not <- it's really bugging her xD

Lifting her paw she inched it back a few centimetres when the black male stood abruptly, ocean eyes narrowing but otherwise she kept her posture and expression a schooled neutral. Too long had it been since she had sparred and although she understood the mechanisms on how to defend herself and took comfort upon being along home borders the male was still an unknown entity to her; she didn't know his purpose or what he intended from the pack and the words the male spoke did little to ease the woman’s hesitation towards him.

Opening her maw to begin a verbal interrogation she closed it, curious satisfaction spreading across her face as a familiar scent approached from behind her, golden hand reaching to rest upon his back as he greeted her. Standing back she allowed for Nier to answer the questions and pose some of his own, whilst an intriguing thought crossed her mind and she couldn't resist the urge to voice it, “Mhmm. You were tired so you decided to rest upon our borders, foreign borders must I point out, with many the territorial canine living within. Smart, why haven't I thought of that one yet?” even if that was the truth it seemed a foolish and rather rude thing to do in her opinion; borders were to be respected at all times for if it were her old pack the male would of encountered a less then pleasant reception for loitering without reason. The cave dwellers bad reputation aside, suspicion laced through her quickly from the vague non answer she was provided.

Still fixated upon the fact that this male claimed stupid enough to rest upon foreign pack borders, for it was either a lie or the other had a death wish, neither of which were logical things to do in her opinion, the golden librarian dismissed the slight growl to her man's voice, taking it as nothing more then his gruff Irish grumble and seeing nothing out of place aside from really strange logic on the black foreigners part.

Photo courtesy of Analog Weapon, texture by SweettEmottion

<style>
.KMTT_GraceGRunge p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge b {font-family:verdana; color:#a85f4d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge {background-color:#f5e9c5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8329/gracetable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:321px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_GraceGRunge .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

oh goodness xD

As he spoke a male came out, secui form showing, with a rough irish accent that growled deep in his chest. He remained calm, forcing himself not to react. Not reacting was easy for Toby as far as his face and body langauge. Years of abuse had lead to that. Now if only he could get a handle on his eyes. Those black soulless eyes that betrayed his every emotion now showed his secret fear. He frowned, realizing his foolishness did no good to keep him from trouble. Fang was waking in his mind. He needed to figure out exactly how to play it off so he could go in peace and put distance between his unstable mind and this "Vinàtta" place.

Picking a question to answer first, he turned his gaze to the large secui and focused. "Toby. I'm a loner just passing by." He paused, going through his checklist in his mind. His gaze fell to the golden female. "I sleep next to borders because..." because if Fang takes over my body, hopefully some kind of patrol will attack him. No, no, no. That was a give away. His mind raced through. Something else had always been his reasoning behind hugging pack borders. He knew his mother had said or done something to cause it, but with most child hood memories blocked and replaced with the evil pack it was hard to remember lessons from Grace.

Then it came spilling back, like a volcano eruption. "Because my mother taught me of how most loners would avoid pack borders. Yes, I realize your suspicions and recognize them to have valid reasoning. It's just... Traveling by myself I feel more secure being by a scent border than out where the world is dark and unguarded." He looked awkward as he fell silent. The memory had taken place so long ago and was secretly in his programming still. He gazed between the two luperci and tried to think of what to explain next. His brain went back to the male's words. "What trouble is there at these borders?"

Was it him? Was it because of the woman that'd been raped? He kept calm but his eyes betrayed the slightest alarm. Thankfully most dogs would pass this off as fear of the unknown trouble the Irish lad spoke about. He tried to figure out what to do with himself. His earlier troubles came echoing back into his mind. THIS ISN'T FAIR! he wanted to scream. And, indeed, it wasn't fair. It wasn't fair that he couldn't just be a normal dog. What was so wrong with him that he had to have a demon in his mind? I will remove him the first chance I get... he vowed to himself silently.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Table by Me.

[html]
511 words. Crikey... I've never written Nier so angry. Kinda scary

Niernan was not surprised by Grace's frank words, even in the short time he had known the D'Angelo he had grown used to the way she spoke, with the threat of an insult, or blunt observation always looming over the conversation. He allowed a smirk to pull at his lips briefly before he turned his icy cerulean gaze back to the dog before him. The canine portrayed completely neutral body language, no emotion showing in his posturing or his face, but his eyes betrayed his fear. That caused the Stormbringer some confusion, what would the male have to fear from two Vinattans unless he had done something wrong? Niernans mind raced, surely this was not the male that had attacked Colibri the day previous.

He listened in silence as the dog spoke his name, revealing that he was Toby, no one that Niernan had heard of. He flicked his eyes to Grace to see if she showed any indications of recognition at the name. Toby answered Grace's query next, seeming to struggle to come up with a reason as to why he rested at the borders of a strange territory. When he did explain his reasoning it had a hint of sense to it, but Niernan figured that if one was scared of being alone in the wilderness why not join a pack? He said as much, his voice still low and rumbling If it's the big wide world you fear and all the dangers in it, why not settle down somewhere in a pack instead of living on the borders of them? He saw the awkwardness on the males face and thought that maybe the dog had thought about this before, or maybe he was more uncomfortable with the situation than Niernan had first thought.

Tobys voice came again and Niernans ears pricked up, if the black male was asking about the trouble maybe that meant he didn't know about it, or, the paranoid part of his brain reasoned, he wanted to know how much the pack knew about the situation. Nier felt a snarl escape him, he couldn't control it, when he thought about what had happened to Coli, the injuries she had suffered so close to home, it was almost like a personal insult. He loved the older wolf, she had come to be something like a big sister to Niernan, she may have been quiet and shy, but the plant loving wolf was family now and the idea that he wasn't there to protect her stung. When he got his snarling under control he told of the attack, his voice thick with anger; Some rogue luperci thought they could prey on a member of our pack while she was just outside of pack borders, they knocked her around and carved some sort of letter into her flesh. He paused, regarding Toby through narrowed eyes, From which direction have you travelled Toby? He asked, to most it would be an innocent question, but to those that knew of the attack, or had partaken in it, the answer could be damning.

<style type="text/css">
.nscross b {font-weight:bold; color:#2a5c9b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #a3b9d1; }
.nscross {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 266e17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a5c9b; padding: 440px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Scary Nier is scary.

There was an overcoming urge to wince at the obvious problem. Why hadn't Toby joined a pack? It was a rough question meant to spin Toby off into a bucket of self-pity. He'd always wanted to... infact, he'd always thought he would eventually. There was simply the whole hi-I'm-Toby-and-I-have-an-evil-Fang-in-my-body type factor. If it'd been so easy for Toby to trust himself around people he would long ago abandoned the lonely role of being a loner.

He stuttered around inside his brain, looking for something to reply with at the angry irish lad. He hated it when he fell into traps by replying to other's. How many times had he rehearsed this in his mind yet how many times did he fail with an explanation? "I have... issues... to deal with... before I will join a pack..." he managed. Yeah. You have to deal with being stupid, came Fang's rude thoughts. He resisted the urge to snarl at the other invisible personality.

After wards their conversation turned to the woman who'd been attacked. It was a trajedy in the pack lands, he was sure, and so it made him quite guilty. Maybe he should allow the irish guy to attack and kill him. His inner coward advised against it. Fang had marked the poor female with his initial, though, and he'd done nothing about it. The conflict he always dealt with slightly rose like an infected wound.

Suddenly, the secui glared toward Toby's troubled soul. Alarm rang off at the question. What to tell the male before him? He dashed his eyes back from the direction he'd came. "Well. I came from that way a few hours ago. I passed a black male on my way but figured he was just gonna go get a drink from the lake..." The lie was very loud and Fang snickered in his brain like he always did when Toby did wrong. Yet... if he didn't lie, would he see the light of the next day? He needed to leave. And leave quickly. His eyes returned to the male and female before him. "I guess I'll go."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Table by Me.

[html]
We can finish this up with your next post if you'd like. Sorry for the wait, I kinda forgot about this ^_^; 318 words

The explanation that Toby gave for why he had never joined a pack was weak, but the idea rang true with Niernan. He knew that there were many disturbed Luperci out there, the world was far from perfect, as the attack on Colibri proved. If Toby had issues to work out and decided that being a Loner was the only way to do so then he would let the matter go. He raised his cyan eyes to the black dog, That's all well and good Toby, He half snarled, his voice losing a little of its gruffness, but only a little, But I'd recommend steering clear of Vinattan borders for a good while.

Niernan kept his eyes on the male, aware that Grace stayed by his side, her hand-paw on his back a comforting presence. He noticed Tobys nervous demeanour, he found it unusual, but then Niernan was unaware just how intimidating he could be, especially in his secui form, but then he was also unaware of Tobys sort of guilt over the attack on Coli. If the Stormbringer had known that the attacker had been Toby then there was no doubt that the dog would be on the floor with Niernans jaws around his throat, but as it was Niernan did not know that Toby had anything to do with the attack.

Niernans ears and hackles picked up as Toby revealed that he had come from the direction of the lake, but when he revealed that he had seen another black male around there his cyan eyes turned icy. He flicked his eyes up at Grace, a silent plea of 'go back home' obvious in his gaze. He briefly turned his attention back to Toby as the male muttered something about going, Niernan nodded, Yeah, it'd probably be best if you got out of here. His tone was final and he waited for the dog to make a move.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
He watched the male's reaction until he found it soon time to fly. With the male so territorial and on his gaurd he knew that they'd soon find out Toby was the only male leaving a scent around the area. He wanted to shout curses at Fang but knew it'd do no good. Instead, he simply sighed and started to move off. He wanted to put the pack behind him anyways. Far far behind him. Good bye then... he muttered as he started to trudge off. In this case he would bolt as soon as he was out of sight.

Where to go? He questioned if they would soon find out Fang had attacked the woman and come chasing Toby. What a pathetic puppet he was for that demon! A growl came to his throat as he sped away, knowing the two were fading off just as the scent of the borders. He needed a place to run off to and hide out. His map came up in his mind. He would head up off from these packs to a northern place until he got it in him to travel back south. The dog nodded as if to confirm his own plans as he hustled off, falling onto all fours and changing into lupus as his scent carried with him along the way. He would leave and never return...

But that's when the thought of possible pregnancy struck him and he was sent into a strong inner conflict once again. Once messed up, always messed up. he thought to himself as he sprinted from Vinàtta's borders completely.