petrology smitten
[html]
Just in case the lack of post marks confused anyone this thread is a free for all. Smile
[/html]Lorri's hunger grew with the ever darkening landscape of her new home which was a wildly entertaining feast for all of the senses, not just taste. She devoured plants and anything else even remotely edible to replenish her low engine but still craved the unattainable taste of flesh and blood. Throughout her "hunt" the closest she came to the latter food source was swallowing a few sun-dried carcass leftovers and some inwardly green and slimy, outwardly crunchy beetles.

It was midnight by the time the search was over but she felt quite content with her stomach's content... Until a jolting energy in her belly that forced her to bend over on all fours and vomit up all 5 hours worth of leaves, fruit, insects, hide, bone, bark, and a dozen other unrecognizable substances right there in the silver moonlight. "Acck!" She hunched over and planted the disgusting rainbow with a hateful stare, but dare not ingest it again in case it contained some poisonous plant she carelessly picked beforehand.

Lorri growled at her puke, stood up, and jumped on the pile like it was a poor (maybe just crazy) child's makeshift trampoline. When it became a mashed and splattered mess all over the forest floor she stepped back and laughed. "Ahh, siiick." She wiped her feet off on the dead leaves and sat down several feet away from her stomach's ex-content.

Wandering interest fell to a large rock implanted in the dirt about the size of her head. A different kind of hunger entered her mind and all but erased the memory of a wasted hunt. She leaned down and grasped the object gently between both paws as if it were a lover's face, "Kiss me or I'll unscrew your fuckin eyeballs, hehehe!" She gnawed and licked at the stone in what she imagined it to be a hardcore make-out session all the while making obscene noises and flicking her rump in the air as if to tease this rock hard lover.

Lorri loved pretend.
*snags this since no one else wants it.*
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____It was hard to sleep knowing what was going on in the collective world around her. Talitha was prisoner in some pack that wasn't that far off, and not too far off from there she had to try and rest knowing that she had a father and a brother and a friend suffering from something she couldn't put her finger on. Upon returning to Inferni after meeting Rachias for the first time, Corona had poured over what books she carried, trying figure out what all of their symptoms added up to. Though humans were much different compared to what they were, she wanted to believe it was something common between both of them. Whatever it was, it was more severe than just a cold.

_____Beneath the shade of the trees as the moon had started its low arc in the sky, she was moving leisurely across the territory. The rains from days prior had washed away the blood where all of the fighting had taken place, but in her mind she could still recall the place. There was a prisoner in one of the sheds and for the most part, they were keeping her fed and dry. Corona only hoped that Dahlia de Mai was doing the same thing for Talitha, but who knew; she didn't think about it that much, sure that Gabriel had already gone over everything himself.

_____And as it were, it turned out that she wasn't alone in the immediate area. Another voice, garbled sounds, Corona wasn't sure what was going on. At least until she had ventured down the pathway further and stumbled across what was a very confusing, if not slightly amusing show going on. The certain noises weren't lost on her, though it still prompted her to interrupt the coyote and rock duo and their courting session. “What… are you doing?” And why? Inferni had a history of taking in crazy when they found it, but Corona thought maybe this topped it off, and here people said that her mother was ten kinds of crazy…

[/html]
[html]
Big Grin
---
---
[/html]Lorri did not hear an approach over the frisky ruckus until the unknown one raised a good question. In a split-second her head whipped around to face the golden girl, and a snide smile replaced open faced shock. "It's glaringly obvious that I'm getting my smack on with this rock." Lorri shrugged and came up on to hind legs, meeting her questioner at face level. "Now that we've cleared things up... I'm Lorri." She wiped the dirt from her hand on a bulgy thigh and offered a friendly shake ...something she'd seen her captors due in past social situations, usually with good results.
Lorri is very entertaining. XD
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Her answer prompted a thin smile to spread across Corona's face, though she wasn't sure if she wavered between amusement or awkwardness over having stumbled across the act at hand. But then again, it could have been worse… So she just opted to return the offered handshake. “I'm Corona. Sorry if I interrupted anything,” and hopefully it wasn't anything too important. Easily resumed later! Now that they were at least eye to eye, she was also able to see that it wasn't just her backside that was sable; how very different indeed.

[/html]
*GIBS WUV* I credit Shreve of The Daily Coyote for the word 'nubule'. Daaaw, it's so cute.[html]
The apologetic one whom denoted herself Corona gave a hand in greeting. Lorri grasped it upon contact and pumped grandiosely. Eyes alight with spirited interest gave the other a look of silent laughter, and her cheeks bunched up in circular nubules, as she let go and placed a hand on her hip. With the other hand she waved at the air as if swiping away the importance of previous actions. Her accent was decorated in southern hospitality, "Hehe, it ain't a problem, sweet thang! I'm Lorri Jade." A normal voice took over before continuing, "So what's going on with you? Be honest... No reason to stand in the shoal when there's a captivating sea out there." The anything but average acquaintance smirked silently and casually wagged her tail.

[/html]
Nuuuuuuuuuuubule. It sounds like a ridiculously cute name for a pet. XD *also loves Shreve and the Daily Coyote!*
[html]

_____Her smile was only solidified even more when the dark-haired coyote turned out to be fairly friendly and not just a one time thing. The way she spoke was upbeat and mostly a change compared to everyone else Corona had either met or remembered in Inferni. It went without mentioning her obvious quirks in the realm of free time, though. “I can't really say there's much going on for me,” she shrugged, “just decided to get out and enjoy the night air while it lasted.” Of course, there was a lot more going on that she let on about, but it wasn't really the kind of thing that was worth burdening someone that she had just met. Though Talitha being captured was probably something they all knew, given the war and the lull that had followed it.

[/html]
She's such an awesome person and Charlie goes without saying. [html]
"Oh, come on. There must be a disturbance somewhere in that pink wad of yours." She firmly believed there was more on her mind than a petty desire to savor the, in Lorri's opinion: boring night air. Just then the blue in Corona's eyes caught the moonlight for a few seconds as trees shifted in a light breeze. They looked to be a sparkling azure blaze and Lorri pretended it was the manifestation of all of Corona's true hidden inner-workings. She craved to hold a piece of that blue flame so she could play with it whenever her heart desired.

[/html]
Totally, I can't wait until her book comes out. x3 *punches this really awkward post, too*
[html]

_____“Well, now that you mention it… I guess this war thing going on has me a little on edge,” she said, figuring that there wasn't much harm in saying that much. It was just one of many things on her mind, and she let her gaze drop a little bit in thought. At any rate, who wasn't bothered by their home being involved in a war? But then again, was Inferni even really her home? “My brother's daughter is being held by Dahlia de Mai and I just got here really, I don't even know her. She's not very old though.” Old enough to know better to stay away, but young enough to curious to disobey her father.

[/html]