Breaking and Mending
Mihael is in Optime form, it’s just barely daylight out. Also I honestly don’t know if treating animals that aren’t high animals even counts, so if it doesn’t, let me know and I can change it!

Mihael had met two of his new pack one of which he’d even given aid to. It filled him with joy to be able to help, that was all he wanted. There was so much about AniWaya to learn he’d noticed. He had not only their language to learn, but their ranks and their beliefs. He had his personal beliefs which were similar to his pack’s own. Yet he still wished to know more about them, he knew that if he were to go up in the ranks and become an Ookah or even an Nvwoti he would need to have some knowledge of the AniWayan rituals and spiritual lessons.

But that was enough thinking of things that were more than mortal. Mihael stopped his walking for a moment and looked around. He suddenly realized in a bout of horror that he did not know where he was. He looked up at the sky and saw that the sun had risen and was beginning to illuminate his surroundings. He almost panicked, but calmed himself down just enough to concentrate on getting back. He could not believe that it had been so long since he had started walking. He felt like a complete fool, he should have realized. He should have taken someone who knew the lands much better than he with him. Truly though, this was nothing he had not faced before. He had gotten lost plenty of times when he first began his travels. There was a difference though, now he belonged somewhere. Now he had responsibilities to someone other than himself.

He sat down and tried to remember how he could get back. He was almost completely sure he had moved in a simple straight line, and he knew which direction he had come from but for all he knew he turned multiple times as he was lost in his thoughts. He sighed and stretched his limbs; his muscles were beginning to feel sore from all of the walking.

Mihael was extremely startled when he heard the sound of an animal walking by and looked around in an attempt to find it. He quickly realized one day he was going to have to pay more attention to his surroundings, lest he should never see his surroundings again. When scanning the area with his eyes alone didn’t work, he stood up and snuck around. He looked behind the few trees and bushes in the area and even a large boulder before finally finding the animal attempting to drink from a small pond. He found himself looking at a deer. When the buck noticed Mihael watching him it bolted. It did not get very far however, as its right back leg was limp and the deer refused to step on it. Mihael walked slowly towards the deer that tried to run away again but only managed to collapse. It was clearly exhausted. Mihael smiled, not at the deer collapsing, but because he knew he could do something for him. He’d treated broken legs before though last time he had supplies with him sufficient for aiding this broken bone. The wolf man began searching around for items he could use to make a splint. The hardest part would be keeping the deer down long enough to help him out, he'd have to figure out how to do that.
[html]

OOC here!

Hunting wasn't necessarily the easiest task for Hadley to accomplish. For one, he wasn't violent. At all. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but belonging to a warrior pack meant that some fighting skills were expected. The scarred male had spent a lot of time grasping the basics, and could now defend himself decently well. It didn't stop that hesitation when it came to striking a blow though, one that extended even over to prey. He couldn't smell the prey either. Hadley would start on a trail, but the subtleties of tracking were completely lost on him.

He was determined to bring something special back for Isa though. She'd been doing so well with the pregnancy, holding up. Something as a treat for her would be nice. Hadley already waited on her hand and foot, giving her everything she could possibly want and then some, but that didn't stop the large hybrid from feeling that she still deserved something more. He just loved her so much, needing to make up for having destroyed her life by having her become mates with someone who couldn't love her the way she deserved.

A nearby sound grabbed Hadley's attention. Thinking he might have finally found prey Hadley bounded towards the clearing, tail up and swaying behind him. Entering in he found a more surprising sight. An injured deer, clearly distressed, rested on the ground while a wolf looked for something nearby. Excuse me? Was the deer his pet? If help was needed, Hadley would gladly lend it.

<style>
.hadley2 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hadley2 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.hadley2 b {color:#ff0000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.hadley2 {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3590/2 ... 0914m3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:370px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hadley2-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.hadley2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
This time he knew what was coming before he was startled by a noise or a smell. The scent of a male wolf slowly snuck into his nose and he knew to look out for it. For once. When he could hear the faint noises of a wolf walking to himself and the deer he turned to face him. The wolf before him was brown in color and much larger than Mihael, by about a foot and quite a few pounds. Mihael considered for a moment that maybe he should abandon the deer and leave the larger wolf with it, he looked hungry anyway. Maybe even letting the deer nourish and aid someone else would be better for the deer in the long run. One sacrifice for the many, right? The white wolf would unlikely ever do that though, he still felt obligated to help even if he hadn’t been the cause of the deer’s stress.

The male before him spoke, Mihael listened and answered. ”Um hello there. I just happened upon this guy here. Looking for something to use as a makeshift splint. Care to help?” Mihael went back to his search for vines, sticks, anything that he could use before taking the deer to his home, which was his plan. He realized he should probably say a little bit more before ceasing his speech. ”Ah sorry, I’m Mihael from Aniwaya, Kunikoti…medicine man. I need some vines or something string like, some sticks or something long, possibly wide and stiff.” He smiled at the male and promptly went back to his search.
[html]

OOC here!

The wolf he ran across was pale, a faint familiar scent on his pelt. Hadley couldn't place it right away, puzzled as he was by what the wolf was doing with the deer. The response to his words was deeply surprising. Hadley would have taken it as luck and killed the deer for a meal. This wolf had chosen to try and help the deer. He nodded his head, though he had no idea what a splint was or how he could possibly find one.

The scarred male's tail set to wag as the wolf introduced himself. Hadley, from Casa di Cavalieri. Not anyone special. He grinned a little sheepishly, glad that he would be able to help a member of Aniwaya. Hunting along he found a slightly crooked stick. Too long at the moment, but he quickly broke it down to something more sizable. Bringing it to Mihael's side Hadley crouched down, hoping he wouldn't startle the deer. Will this work?

<style>
.hadley2 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hadley2 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.hadley2 b {color:#ff0000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.hadley2 {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3590/2 ... 0914m3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:370px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hadley2-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.hadley2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Mihael hadn’t met anyone from that pack yet, he was pleased to be meeting someone from a pack different than his own. The arctic wolf happily wagged his tail and smiled when he found a nice sturdy stick. He smiled excitedly again when the other man presented him with a slightly crooked stick. ”It’ll work fine for now! Now I just need a vine or a string…I suppose I could rip my clothes…” He looked down at his long-worn pants. He could see three holes just from the quick look he was giving them. He supposed this would give him an opportunity to replace them, which was obviously needed.

He turned away from Hadley and started searching again for something he could use to keep the stick in place. He didn’t want to use his clothes, they meant a lot to him. They had ah…sentimental value. Yet when he could not find anything else to use, he decided to use his clothing. He poked one of his nails through the bottom of the pants, and tore a long and thick strip that cut off the left leg up to his knee.

”Would you mind helping me again? Could you hold the deer down and the leg in place while I wrap it?”
Hadley looked down at the torn pants. They didn't strike him as anything special. He'd torn through clothes for a lesser purpose than trying to heal an animal. He went naked himself, only the ribbon from the tribe and the necklace differentiating from his flesh. Mihael accepted his offering with excitement, bringing a small smile from the hybrid. He was glad he'd been able to help in some small way. It was difficult to do that. Hadley didn't know how to help with the broken leg, having never seen one before.

Nodding his head to the request Hadley moved into position, not feeling anything at seeing the torn strip. The deer was struggling against them, panicked by the presence of the two large predators circling around it. Hadley's predatory instincts were begging for him to kill the deer, but his softer nature won out as he cradled the deer. Gently he stretched out the broken leg, holding it for the other to deal with. He hoped the deer wouldn't kick too badly. It could make it much worse. Hadley had never dealt with broken bones before, but experience told him aggravating any wound was a bad idea.
Hadley got into position and Mihael took the same initiative. The white wolf took himself around the deer so he could easily reach the leg without getting in the way of the other wolf. He waited for Hadley to straighten the broken leg and positioned one stick under the mangled leg. He wrapped the strip once around that stick to keep it in place and put the other stick on top of the leg. He wrapped the whole contraption in the strip until there was only just enough left to tie it off. He wiggled the hidden sticks to test how wobbly they were, and pleasantly found that the splint would probably last until he got back to his pack. He let go of the deer’s leg and stood himself back up.

”That’s all I can do for him now. That’ll keep everything in place. I think I might take him back to my pack…help him get better. Then maybe eat him.” He laughed.

Mihael found himself shocked that he had forgotten to thank the man who had helped him make the splint and hold the deer. He looked over at the other man and smiled. ”Thank you by the way, I think I’d had to have just put him down if you hadn’t showed up…and that isn’t one of my favorite pastimes.”
He watched with intense curiosity as the leg was bound up. The bones were shifted, making sure it aligned. Rather like fitting a puzzle back together, the bone was slid into place and made sure to match up before they began to bind it. The deer struggled in his grasp, Hadley's strength managing to keep it steady. It felt long for him, knowing that the deer could undo everything if allowed to. Mihael was patient in his movement as he completed the bindings.

The scarred hybrid let out a sigh of relief as it was finished. He managed a smile at the joke, glad that he'd been there to help. He looks good enough for a meal. Remembering the original reason why he came out Hadley stood up. The large male still needed to find something for Isa to eat before returning. Something good. Nodding his head at the thanks he looked around shyly. If you ever need any help, just come to Casa and howl. I'll come help you out. It was the least he could do for the pack he owed his freedom to.
He was pleased that they were done. It was not that he did not enjoy the company of the other male, but he needed to get back to his home. He doubted anyone would be looking for him, as he had only met a few members of his pack and he wouldn’t consider them ‘friends’ quite yet. He looked up at the male who was speaking, and responded. ”I’ll definitely keep that in mind.” Mihael smiled again before speaking once more. ”You look like you need to be off but I owe you one now. You can always stop by AniWaya if you need anything.” He got closer to the deer and slowly and carefully lifted it over his head so it was resting on his shoulders. The deer was struggling a little and Mihael quickly realized he’d probably be best carrying it some other way. He sighed, and looked towards the darker wolf. ”Thank you again, I’m sure this guy will appreciate the help.”
Hadley smiled happily, nodding his head. It was good to have been able to help. A bit odd, really, but still good. He didn't understand why Mihael hadn't just decided to eat the deer, but it had been a learning experience for him. Hadley had paid attention as the bone had been fixed, absorbing the knowledge so he would be able to repair such things for himself if the time ever came when it was needed. He did want to work as a healer in the pack after all. One of the few things he could do for them.

He turned and walked back through the lands, again hoping to come across some prey that he could eat. Hopefully Mihael would have a quick trip back. The deer looked heavy.