Filling Pain
[html]
WC: 234 OOC: She's in optime form, her right foot is what is in pain annndd um she's disheveled a lil bit cause she is worried about the pain more than her looks itself XDD Dated July 6

Eclipse had been home for a day now from Halifax and her foot was now throbbing with a pain she couldn’t explain. SHe knew little of cuts and healing as she never really had gotten hurt bad enough. This cut seemed to be festering and she could feel her heartbeat in her foot. He limped pretty bad on it and was starting to worry now. She was too afraid to even take off the bandage she had around it, not sure if it would just start gushing blood. So she did the next best thing. She went to the healer. At least the healers house. She never met the man though she had been inside his house to meet Gemma and see her children again, but other than that she just knew that’s where he lived. She hoped he would be in as she limped to his house.

It took a painfully long time and she didn’t like it. She was impatient as it was. She wanted to be running around today even hunting or harassing Robert into showing her how he hunted. Once she got to the door she knocked on it and crossed her fingers that he might be home. She leaned on her one good foot in wait for an answer, any answer to the door. What a way to meet the man... by having to get his assistance...

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

He heard the knock on the door and stirred to a sitting position from the couch in his living room. Since the attack, the scholar had Gemma installed in his room, along with her pups. He checked on her frequently in the first weeks since she'd come to him. Myrddin helped where he could, but the boy was still young.

Tal yawned and stretched before speaking loudly so the knocker could hear him. "I'm coming." He ran his fingers through his mane before walking to the door, casting a longing glance at the couch he'd vacated. As he walked into the foyer to the front door, he glanced at Sheba who was curled up on the hearth. Ovi was usually to be found there, if he was in the house. perhaps he and Myrddin were out. He shrugged as he opened the door.

He vaguely recognized the woman at the door as someone who'd been at the ball. Seemed like an eternity ago. He put on a warm smile. Often members of the pack came to him for help with wounds or advice on medical care, or to visit someone who was staying with him. "Hello. How can I help you, Ma'am?" He stepped back and gestured into the house, inviting her in.

<style type="text/css">
.Tdandi b {font-weight:bold; color:#15152f;}
.Tdandi p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Tdandi {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nYnRK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:12px; color:#312840; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
[html]
WC: 150 OOC: It's ok for you to pp him helping her hop to a seat Smile

At first when the man opened the door she thought her mother was going to step through, the pelt of such pure white was rare enough that she kept mistaking such people as her own mother, but it became clear that this man was most definitely not her mother.

“I- I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bother you, but I’m in terrible pain. I heard I could get medical assistance here.”

She said, the pain in her eyes evident and it was hurting to stand now as she had lifted the infected foot off the ground as it hurt to even touch it to anything even the air, a slight breeze, made the pain twinge and yell at her for not taking care of it. She waited for the man with pleading eyes. She was a diciplined woman, but she was not used to pain.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
He could see the hurt in her eyes, and he moved to support her. "Its not a bother. Go ahead and put your weight on me, I can take it." His trained nose could smell the infection as he helped her through the foyer and to the kitchen table. He eased her weight into a chair as he turned to the cupboards and shelves, rummaging through them. He set a kettle over the fire in the fireplace in the foyer, then returned to the woman, kneeling at her feet.

He lifted the infected foot gently, setting it on his knee so he could inspect the bottom of it. "How old is the injury? And remind me of your name so I don't have to keep calling you young lady. Not that you mind, I'd bet." He grinned crookedly at her. His laid back ways often won over nervous patients, his charming smile making him friends. Except Orin. Orin hated him and his family. Ah well, you couldn't win them all.

He didn't touch the wound itself, just touched the flesh around the injury. It was warm to the touch, as if she had a fever in her foot. His face remained warm and friendly as his eyes focused on her foot. He eased a pillow off the chair next to him, to rest her foot on it. A look at her pained foot, and a teasing joke about amputating was crossed off his list of witticisms for the day. She didn't look like she'd take a joke about cutting the foot off very well.

He returned with the now heated kettle, humming an Irish lullabye as he gathered a few herbs. Willow bark, a touch of candied ginger, some goldenseal, peppermint, clove, and chamomile. It would be sweet tea. He let it steep, then strained the tea before pushing the tea toward her. "Drink this. It has several things in it to fight the infection, and to ease the pain. Before you drink it, eat these poppy seeds. They are also a sedative as well as a pain reliever, so I can cleanse the foot of the infection."

As he spoke, he was pouring some sea salt into a bowl and adding the hot water. He slowly added some cool water until it was a comfortable temperature, then helped her put her foot into the bowl. "The salt will begin drawing the infection out, but I may have to drain the wound too. I'll look closer once the herbs have begun to take effect. Let me know when you start feeling drowsy."
[html]
(--) WC: 405/ OOC: Yes eclipse is comparing healing to cooking because she's that good!

She did as she instructed. Eclipse knew she wasn’t all that heavy she was a few pounds over one hundred far less than many others and it felt good to get support and get off her foot. She hobbled beside him in quiet pain as he led her to a chair in his kitchen. She looked around in wonder and smiled a little. The kitchen for her tended to be a place of cooking, not healing, but she would let her amusement be kept by herself.

She winced as he took her ankle and she looked at him through watering eyes; “Um... a day old at least? I was in Halifax when i stepped in glass...” She said taking deep breaths trying to tell herself the pain wasn’t so bad. She gave him a small smile and said; “I am Eclipse, Eclipse Soulstorm.” She said looking down at her infected foot to see what he made of it. Then at Taliesin, who she only knew by name because of others around speaking of the healer and she put two and two together. She watched as he whistled a tune. It was as if he were cooking too, with the kettle and then instead of spices he was using medical herbs. She knew nothing about those but she couldn’t help but smile at the thought. That it looked so much like cooking.

She took the items he gave her, and stared at them. They didn’t look very tasty and she winced as she drank. It was a sweet thing, sweeter than she was use to and though it was better than being bitter or gross it still made her think it was a bad concoction of cooking. She put that away in her mind as she put the cup down and grabbed onto the chair when he eased her foot into the salted water. She sucked in her breath; “That hurts!” She exclaimed through clenched teeth.. It did, more like a hundred stinging bees in the same spot over and over again, but she refused to move. Soon it became a dull numb pain and she let herself relax. With that relaxation she could feel the sedative work and she nodded her head; “I- I do feel sleepy...” Her mind whirled at the thought of a plant putting a wolf to sleep. It was uncanny.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
It wasn't a bad wound, it was the infection he needed to stave off. "Next time you cut your foot, stop and clean it immediately. Even just running water over. Germs cause infection." His face was mock stern, but he was serious. "Bad infections can lead to the need for an amputation, and that would hurt much worse than what I'm about to do." He lifted the foot onto his knee, which was padded by a clean towel. He had lit a candle, and now had several different blades, and what looked like a flattened spoon. He started with his fingers, though, which he'd rinsed in the salty water her foot had been soaking in.

"Here we go. Let me know if you start to feel nauseated. The ginger that was in your tea will help with the nausea some, but I can't always prevent it." He took a deep breath. Blood he could deal with. Birthing he could handle. Pus for some reason, made him feel ill. He took a thumb on either side of the wound and pressed. Immediately, yellow pus came out, wetting his thumbs. He wiped them on the towel, dipped them in the water, and pressed again like a teenaged human would have pressed on a zit. He swallowed hard as more pus oozed out, less than before. Again, he repeated the actions of wiping his thumbs clean and dipping them into the salted water. Pressing one more time, he didn't get any more pus. He let out a sigh of relief, then slowly eased the foot back into the water. With the wound opened and drained, the salt would help clean it better. He'd let it soak a little bit, attempt to drain it again, then slather a salve on it and bandage it.

"How you feeling Eclipse?"
[html]
(248) OOC: Close soon?

Eclipse listened to him and nodded. She was never taught like that before and Strel seemed to disregard anything after taking out the shard in her foot. So it was her problem but she should have known better... but she was ignorant and now she knew; “I don’t want it to get worse. I will do that.” She watched as he readied himself and then cringed when he went to put his hands on her foot but only felt a slight stinging pressure. She opened her eyes a bit and looked at it with tilted head. It hurt but not the pain she thought it would, of course each time he let go she would feel the pain just a little bit more and she wondered how this stuff worked.

She took deep steady breaths each time he pushed on her foot to make sure that she didn’t cry out because whatever she took didn’t take all the pain away. She watched as he seemed relieved after a few tries and squeezed her eyes shut when he put her foot into more water; opening them when he asked her how she felt she kept her mouth closed afraid that she really would be sick so instead of answering she shook her head, feeling both nauseous and tired. She had to swallow a bit; “It hurt but not bad... I am tired though... did you fix it?” She asked curiously and hopefully.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
((Sure can Smile ))

He nodded as she spoke. "That's the herbs I made the tea with, they dull the pain and help fight infection." He gently lifted her foot again, drying it off as he spoke again. "We're just about done here, I just want to be sure the pus is fully drained before I rub some salve into it and bandage it." The wound was still raw and red, but the swelling had seemed to ease slightly. With a finger, he pressed first outside of the infection zone, then pushed in, as if pressing toothpaste up through a tube. No pus came, so he squeezed the wound again, testing it. Clean blood trickled from the agitated wound, but there were no traces of pus.

He nodded to himself as he reached up, glad he hadn't needed to use any other tools to drain the infection. He pulled a soft leather bag to him and opened it, scooping out a dollop of the pungent salve inside. Even he couldn't resist wrinkling his nose at the scent of it. He rubbed the dollop of salve over the wound, making sure he got some inside of the wound as well. He wiped his fingers on a clean area of the towel, reaching for the bandages and gently wrapping her foot. He pushed his chair forward, lifting her foot to the chair.

"Keep it elevated whenever you are sitting. I know it's hard, but try and stay off it as much as possible." As he spoke, he was gathering some supplies and placing them in a smaller canvas bag. "This is willow bark, boil it into a tea if your pain becomes too uncomfortable. Don't over do it though, and while you are using it try not to get any other cuts. If you feel it's too bitter, add some cinnamon, which will sweeten it and help fight any infection that might remain. This salve needs to be rubbed into the wound twice a day until the wound has healed over. At least once a day you need to leave the wound open to air, the best time is between cleaning it when you are ready to settle in for the night. Take care not to get the bandages wet or overly dirty, or you'll need to change them again. If you notice that the wound is getting red and hot again, come back to me and I'll look at it again." He slid the bag of supplies, which included clean bandages and a smaller pouch of the pungent salve, along with willow bark and cinnamon sticks, across the table.

He smiled at her. "Any questions, Eclipse?"
[html]
(259) OOC: Ok to PP him helping her home if he accepts. :3 and end with your post then?

She nodded and cringed as he took her foot again and played around with it... at least that’s what it felt like. She closed her eyes and held onto the nearest thing and squeezed until he was finished. She let herself relax as he finished with wrapping her foot and was glad that he was done with her foot. She listened to his instructions and nodded though he wasn’t going to keep her from being out and about, she wasn’t going to ask about riding horses, she needed to keep occupied. She took the bag and shook her head; “No I think I got it, thank you very much Taliesin. I’m glad we have you here, I really don’t think I want my foot taken.” She said. She didn’t really have any questions because he gave her enough information to keep herself from getting another infection, that’s what she wanted to protect herself from again.

She stood testing the foot and nodded, she would be a little lopsided from the whole experience. Probably because of the stuff she had to ingest but she was sure she would be able to get home without too much of a problem. She looked at the man apologetically; “Perhaps you can help me home, I do still feel tired and I can barely feel my legs.” She said as she made to move a little and found it wasn’t as easy to keep herself up and about while still under the influence of the white man’s medicine.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
He nodded as he moved towards her to help support her. Her words about being glad they had him made him smile just slightly. He knew at least one former D'arte member, if not two, who would have disagreed with her. As they reached the door he motioned for her to lean against the wall. He pulled out a walking stick that had a strap fastened to it crudely, making a sling where one could carry it on a shoulder if they weren't using it.

"I'll let you borrow this while your foot heals. It will help." They arrived at her house all too soon, and he helped her inside. "Take it easy, Eclipse." His words were serious but well intentioned. He left, his path back to his house slow and meandering. He grinned down at the calico, his tail wagging gently. "It's nice to help others, Sheba." Sheba lazily meowed at him, seemingly indignant he spoke to her, but rubbing against him as they walked back to the house.