[AW] Before I win the race.
[html]

All welcome. Forward date to July 9th, early morning at Fort Cumberland, lupus form. You can ignore the first two paragraphs.

He'd gone from Vinatta and Sangi'lak, wondering just above where he'd find the neutral territories again. Of course, he did find himself missing the lands filled with other luperci. Maybe it was the fact that he knew that this area was thick in passing loners or pack members that had brought him here. Surely, he would find himself a few more canines to meet and greet. His other personality was antsy under the german shepherd fur that covered his body. He could feel him preparing for another attack on some helpless victim. A frown had crossed his face at the thought; memories flashed by of the woman he'd watched get raped by Fang only two days before.

His black eyes looked about the area he had come up to that day. He was in his lupus form, stretching his front legs out for a change. Usually Toby avoided this form. It tended to piss Fang off, for some odd reason, to be lower than optime form therefore making him surge through and take control over the body. After the session two days ago, however, Toby'd been forcing himself to toughen up. He was tired of being used. He was tired of experiencing a victim's pain as his body was in someone else's command. He'd grown weary of it all and was definitely going to stop being pushed around by the demon in his mind.

A bird stirred afar as he crept up onto the old fort. It was morning, bright and wonderful as always. There was still a wetness to the plants from the dew that had settled there yet, despite this fact, it would be lunch time soon and Toby would be forced to hunt. For now he would relax, find a few other's to introduce himself to, and get his energy back up. His attempt to rest at Vinatta's borders had failed when a patrol had met him laying against a tree. He'd gone off from the pack, expecting them to know Fang had raped the woman that belonged behind their own scent borders. As he scampered along his paws had grown heavy with lack of sleep and energy. He needed a power nap of some sort.

The german shepherd rounded a corner of some old outside wall. The grass was flattening down in places where structures once stood. Against the stone that made up the fort he fell onto his side, agreeing with his mind that he would take a small nap before doing anything else. It was a great day, full of possibilities. He would start the day off with a nap and then feast on fresh kill for lunch. Unless, however, a new friend popped in on the slumbering canine. Then all that would change.

I will not fall, I will not fade.
I will take your breath away!
<style>
.tobony p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.tobony b {color:#8b9fbf;}
.tobony-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.tobony-charname {text-align:center; font-family:georgia, serif; color:#8b9fbf; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; margin:5px; font-size:20px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.tobony-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/25fhkev.jpg); height:301px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#061446;}
.tobony-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.tobony {background-color:#5f6fa6; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #061446; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c1446; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
Toby Table by Raze.
[html]

Meow:: Hope you don’t mind me jumping in. Bold italicized words are spoken in low speech. Drin doesn’t realize the difference between high and low speech (think parseltongue lol) and can speak/understand the language fluently. She’s in lupine form. WC:: 637

The past few days had been amazing for the Siamese coated fae. She was overjoyed to be home and reunited with her mate, but even more ecstatic for the present he had surprised her with. Now the woman had her very own feathered companion, an impressive Northern Harrier who had taken to her quickly though the young Soul knew next to nothing about bird care. The hawk which insisted on its name being Zalia, had become a close friend to the wolfess and often times hopped on the ground along with her or perched on her shoulders. Zalia still suffered some injuries from the fishing net that had ensnared her, but Jiva was taking care of her fast recovery and soon enough, Palaydrian would see her companion soar in the skies.

Today, Drin had promised the hawk she’d take her around some of the northern territories, and before Jiva had even stirred in his sleep, the woman had slipped away leaving him a note and quickly made her way through the woods to retrieve her bird in the garden. The pair had made their way past the Black Water Reserve and were beginning to investigate the fort by sunrise.

Humans...violent creatures, they were,” Zalia spoke, breaking the silence that had accompanied their morning trek until the two were walking over the weathered ramparts, looking off at the ocean now and then as the rising sun danced off the waves. I wouldn’t know Zalia...they were long gone before either of our times, the fae responded, allowing the bird to climb up her leg and perch itself between her shoulder blades once more. Feeling tired? She asked the proud female, the hawk had insisted on hop flying the entire way, but it was apparent she needed to give her yellow legs a rest. “Yisss,” she hissed, “just a little resty for me legs, tha’s all.” Drin chuckled as the hawk pecked at her neck fur affectionately. “Onward wolf!” She let out an impressive cry. Oh, so now I’m your chauffeur? The fae asked, though it sounded like babble or a series of sounds, but Zalia understood her perfectly and continued prodding with her hooked beak. Fine, Drin relented with a smile, continuing their little investigation around the abandoned fort.

The Omega lost herself in her thoughts as she padded along, her companion lost in her own reverie, as the world awakened around them. Her stomach began to clench with hunger and she began thinking about hunting something down when a peculiar scent assaulted her nares. Her hackles began to rise instinctively and the hawk gave a startled cry before leaping off. Sorry! She quickly apologized as she lowered her body to the ground. If this was Aram she’d be ready, but as she remained still in the grass the woman sampled the fresh scent in the wind, and realized with relief and a pinch of reluctance that it wasn’t her attacker. Drin breathed out a sigh, while her feathered friend squawked angrily beside her. Hush Zalia, you’ll draw too much attention, another series of odd sounds, but the hawk quieted as the angel acquiesced to allow her to climb up on her shoulders again. He’s sleeping... she thought to herself, but approached him cautiously nonetheless, stopping about 5 yards away so she could easily prepare herself for a fight if need be.

Drin cleared her throat before speaking so as not to startle the sleeping dog. Hello there... she’d wait for his response as Zalia scrutinized the canine from Drin’s back.

Table Credit to Becca! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.palaydrian-siamese b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.palaydrian-siamese b:before { content: open-quote; }
.palaydrian-siamese b:after { content: close-quote; }
.palaydrian-siamese .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.palaydrian-siamese p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.palaydrian-siamese {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#DEB45E; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... iamese.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 360px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2F4F4F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

yay someone joined ;3

He was faintly aware of a new scent that tickled his nostrils. The black german shepherd did what he could to ignore it, grumbling and rolling over onto his opposite side. His back was shining out when the female spied him along the old brick. Some clicks were called, noises that the male would of made no sense of. He tried to not waken still. Sleep. You need sleep. Don't you dare wake up. Yet it was too late. The fae cleared her voice from behind the snoozing dog and then she spoke a calm greeting.

Fine. Wake up. he commanded himself within his own mind. As he did, Toby raised his head up and twisted his body back around so he faced her while he stayed lying down. She was something of a siamese cat; pale fur accented with various darker markings. It took him a moment to yawn and stretch before he was fully functional. He began to speak once his mind was properly opperating again, "Hello." Another yawn interrupted his speach. He would need to sit up and keep alive.

He rose, sitting back on his haunches to tilt his head at the girl. "I'm Toby... I was just sleeping, no threats here." He paused and took in the fact she was accompanied by a bird. That explained the clicks he never had learned to understand. "Nice... er... bird. Can you, uh, talk to it?" He tried not to sound stupid and awkward as he made his small talk. He was simply trying to be friendly and attempt a conversation. The secretly sweet male dipped his head and gave a small grin to try and recover from the sorry excuse for a conversation starter.

<style>
.tobony-charname {text-align:center; font-family:georgia, serif; color:#8b9fbf; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; margin:5px; font-size:20px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.tobony-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/25fhkev.jpg); height:301px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#061446;}
.tobony-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.tobony {background-color:#5f6fa6; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #061446; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c1446; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
Toby Table by Raze.
[html]

Meow:: ^_^ WC:: 415

While the sleeping dog lay, Palaydrian’s bi-colored ocean eyes scanned his body. After being in Casa di Cavalieri, she had become more accustomed to being in the presence of a non canis lupis creature. She hadn’t seen this breed before, but she had known immediately from scent alone that wolf wasn’t carried in his blood. This was a full dog, just as Zeitgeist had been. She took a few tentative steps backward as the dark male began to stir. Ooops, she thought to herself, realizing she could’ve easily moved around this area without disturbing the sleeping man. Oh well... she watched him stretch and yawn, and as no apparent threat was visible in his body language, the fae allowed herself to sit back on her haunches. Zalia hopped off her back and stood in the grass beside her large paws. Chestnut eyes remained glued to the stranger, but the hawk made no sound.

A demure smile crept up onto Drin’s maw. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have wakened you, she said averting her gaze for a few seconds before turning back. My name is Palaydrian, and this is Zalia, she said touching a paw to the back of the bird’s back. The harrier fluffed up a bit and gave out a screech, but settled back down beside her friend. When asked if she could speak to the feathered companion, Drin stifled a little laugh. Of course, can’t we all? She asked, still not understanding that when she spoke to Zalia, it was different from when she spoke to other canines. Zalia, say hello to Toby, she spoke to the hawk, but Zalia simply turned her back to the dark dog instead and hopped off a little ways.

Pigment rushed to the woman’s cheeks and her brow furrowed. Er...I’m sorry, it seems like she’s not in the talking mood, a horrible excuse for her friend, but it would do for now. The dog’s scars hadn’t gone unnoticed, but Drin kept her eyes off of these as her face lit up with friendliness. So, what brings you out this way Toby? She asked as her nose had been doing some sleuthing. You’re not from one of the packs I gather? A half question as she could already tell his coat did not carry the tell tale musk of a pack territory.

<style type="text/css">
.palaydrian-siamese .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.palaydrian-siamese {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#DEB45E; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... iamese.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 360px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2F4F4F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

yay someone joined ;3

She sat and apologized for the disturbance. He shook his head, No, no. It's quite alright. I like meeting people anyway. He tried to hide another yawn that slipped from him. She went on, introducing herself and her feathered friend. It was slowly clicking in his head that this woman had a liking for avians much more than anyone else he had met. In fact, he couldn't remember ever meeting a dog that talked to birds. With no room to think about judging her for it, Toby shrugged it off and listened to her reply to the question. His eyes fell on the bird. I most certainly can't talk to birds, he said as he lifted eyes back to her and smirked, But who's to say I'm not just defected?

He gave a small laugh as she went on, yet this time she issued those chirps again and spoke to Zalia. The bird turned away, even though Toby thought she wasn't suppose to, and ignored whatever Palaydrian had said. The pale female seemed awkward and embarrassed by the fact and apologized again. The German shepherd tilted his head, giving a small charming smile. Quite alright. I couldn't of understood her even if I tried. He rested his eyes on her interesting multicolored ones and listened to her questions. No, he wasn't in a pack. He wouldn't join until he controlled his beast. He avoided letting his smile falter and rushed a reply. No, I'm just a loner. I kind of travel in all areas, like a nomad or something. Packs haven't been interesting to me yet. I prefer traveling freely about and going anywhere I please... He closed his mouth, calling himself a liar quietly in hid brain. Don't let her notice your discontent, he thought.

Scrambling to add to his words, he smiled again. Today I was wondering about until I decided to take a nap. It truly is a lovely morning for basking in the sunlight. Yet I'm much more satisfied with meeting another canine. You're a wolf? From a pack, right? He twitched his nose as he took in her scent. Recognition lit up his face. I believe I know someone from that pack... Uh, He rolled his eyes up towards his forehead in thought. ...Black wolf, really big, with a mate I also ran into on your borders... I believe he was a charming fellow. I quite enjoyed his advice. Toby could feel his annoyance at letting the name slip from his thoughts when he was going to finally say it aloud. He turned his black eyes to the female for help.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Toby Table by Raze.
[html]

Meow:: WC:: 439

The fae smirked at her friend’s turned back, but Zalia didn’t care anymore and would continue her own adventure by herself while Palaydrian insisted on talking to the stranger. The golden woman turned her attention back to Toby, not wanting to be anymore rude as she had already been by waking him up and then having her companion squawk at him. She let out a sigh of relief was the male assured her she wasn’t so much of a disturbance than she thought she was, but she looked at him strangely when he said he couldn’t talk to birds. Drin shook her head “no”, you’re not defective, now it was her turn to assure him. I suppose not everyone can talk to them...I’m just learning that now...it would be naive of me to assume such things. Though it still puzzled her how she could understand Zalia as if the bird was a canine herself and why speaking with her didn’t seem different from speaking to Toby.

It was a matter for another day as the antics of the harrier passed and Toby was answering her questions. Drin herself couldn’t be a loner. She thrived on pack life and being surrounded by a close knit family, but she knew this sentiment wasn’t shared across the boards. She noticed the moment of doubt in the dog’s eyes, but he quickly covered for himself and explained how he had gotten where he was and threw a few questions back at her. Drin smiled, surprised at how soon she was able to talk with strangers again after everything that had happened with Aram. This dog even spoke of her Alpha, or so she assumed from his description. She decided if she hadn’t heard anything bad about a black dog, then the wandering dog must be safe.. I haven’t been out this way for awhile, but I agree, the sunlight feels good on the body during the early hours, she took a minute to close her eyes and simply enjoy the sun’s rays.

When they opened, she answered Toby’s questions. Yes, I’m from New Dawn and I believe you are speaking of Zalen and his mate Titania, she giggled softly, the recognition and surprise on Toby’s face softening his features in her eyes. They are the leaders in my pack, she continued, I’m curious as to what advice Zalen had to offer if you don’t mind me asking? A friendly smile remained on her maw, she wouldn’t push him if it was too personal.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

sorry for the wait. Been at good ole cheerleading ;3

She shook her head and dismissed him by saying she was just now learning only some canines could speak bird. He was amazed; she had no idea the differences between chirps and barks! Toby flashed her a gentle smile. Females were his soft spot and troubled females made their way into an area of mystery in the conflicted brain of his. "Don't worry about it. Besides I think it is kind of awesome, even if it's a tad strange." Humor flooded his black eyes as he mentioned the last bit. He knew he wasn't very funny but he would attempt to joke around anyways.

The conversation continued, Toby listening to her responding to him. Soon she came to believe the black German shepherd was speaking of some Zalen fellow. The titles failed to ring any bells. "Actually, Palaydrian, I believe it was another name..." He paused and continued to attempt to recall the name of his one time aquaintence. Then it came to him. "Shadowfang!" he busted out, easily stirring unsuspecting animals about him. "Shadowfang and Insomnia. Brilliant wolves I ran into. Shadow handed over a bit of advice during a time of conflict." Satisfied with the good use of memory, he moved on to what actually occurred with the huge black wolf.

It'd been a bad time of many questions and Shadowfang had gladly ignored his problems in exchange for some fine advice. Even though only one conversation had happened between the two black males full trust had been exchanged. Toby, when reflecting on Shadowfang, always believed he had a great friend in the near by wolf pack. He looked up at the pale female before him. "I should stop by to see him sometime. How is he anyways?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
Toby Table by Raze.
[html]

Meow:: My bad this time, family drama! WC:: 3+

Palaydrian smiled at Toby and his easy honesty. She liked this dog, though she had never seen another canine of his kind and she was happy he found her ability to speak with Zalia something to be positive. She would take his advice and not worry about it, though now she was realizing that maybe not every animal could speak to one another and that Jiva’s teachings of languages must apply to the very same concept. Was she speaking another language to Zalia? Jiva never seemed to understand what the bird said to him, so perhaps Toby was right. Perhaps it was a little weird that she could. No matter, the woman shrugged it off, but what the stranger said next took her by surprise.

So it wasn’t Zalen he was speaking of. She wracked her brain for another dark male within the New Dawn ranks. Kota had dark fur, a man she hadn’t gotten a chance to speak with yet, but other than Zalen, this was the only other dark furred male she knew of. Toby spoke of a Shadowfang and an Insomnia. Ah, these were names she recognized. I’ve heard of them before, but sadly I haven’t seen them, she regretted to inform her new acquaintance. The word is that Insomnia left, and I believe your friend Shadowfang went after her, the woman said, hoping her information was true and that the two missing wolves were simply denning elsewhere from the pack.

What the woman didn’t know, was that Shadow was already on his way back, but this time without his mate. I hope the time of conflict is over for you... her voice drifted off, she didn’t want to pry. So, have you made friends in many of the packs? She asked, obviously curious as to what a loner did in their free time and what a livelihood of roaming entailed. Do you ever get lonely? Another honest question. Drin preferred the heavily marked borders of her territory and the regular possibility of running into a pack brother or sisters over going days without seeing a friendly face.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]