Lands End
[html]
WC: 255 OOC: LUCKY SHOT!!!

She watched at the man waited and could see he was waiting for the perfect timing, and it seemed he was smart enough to spot it because the second that bird bent down to peck more at the ground the man was in on the animal. At first Eclipse’s eye scrunched up a little as she thought the animal was going to make an escape but he was quicker than she thought and secured his kill. She was genuinely happy and wagged her tail giving him a nod of approval.

“Well done! So you can catch a meal. So I take it you like your meals cooked like humans too?”

She said giving him a sly look. This was to throw him off, or at least she hoped it would thow him off, she couldn’t remember if she mentioned cooking to him or not, but even if she might get a little joy from his face he would give her. The bow already been shouldered, she held out her hand so that she can take the feathered animal and they can head back to their clothing’s hiding spot so he could change. Though she’d rather be nice, since she was pretty mean and cook him up something nice. He did after all work for the meal and probably nearly could have gotten hit with her arrow... most definitely not in her opinion. She would wait for his answer to her comment though. She wondered just when his breaking point was.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
(309) >:B Apply water to area of BURN. and oh god Pandora stop playing wonderful songs.

He grinned wolfishly around the bird as Eclipse finally seemed impressed, or in the very least approving. He nearly strutted back her, but he kept his pace and stance hinorable--he did, after all, gather a bit with a catch. Perhaps some was still lost with the rabbit, but he got some back nonetheless.

But, his good mood was dampened when she spoke again, and wanted to groan at her human comment. But, the bird prevented him from making a rash retort, so he had a moment to think over her words. When he gave her the bird, instead of a grimace a sly smile also graced his slim muzzle. "It depends--can you cook as well as a human?" It suddenly became easy to turn the table, and he was a bit curious about her reaction. He recalled her mentioning pots before, so she had the ability, but her skills were the thing in question.

He began to lope back to the spot where they stashed their clothing, the trek not too long before he dashed behind the trees. It took a good couple of moments, but Robert came back out back in his normal form. Though, his hair was roughly tousled, and the sleeve that was not torn from his shirt rolled up to match the length of the damaged one, so he looked a bit different than the man who entered the woods well groomed. Over his arm was Eclipse's waistcoat, and though he intended to give it to her right when he came out, he was distracted by his torn sleeve.

"I don't suppose you can sew like a human, either?" he asked rhetorically as he played with the end of it, and murmured to himself, "I wish I was a bit more clean with the tear... That's what I get for having durable material for clothing."

[/html]
[html]
WC: 336 OOC:

When she took the feathered creature from his mouth he most definitely had something to say. She considered shoving the dead animal back in but she just gave him a sly smile. He obviously didn’t know how to play this game. She was not as social herself, but she didn’t attack someone she wasn’t sure of the position they were in. He showed the signs he wasn’t the best hunter though he proved he could do it. She just shrugged as if his comment didn’t matter.

“You’ll have to find out now won’t you?”

She was slower at heading to the spot he had changed and found him having his sleeve rolled up and looked down at her dirty foot she lifted it up inquiringly as if he wanted the other part back, showing him the dirty cloth that was on it.

“No, never done it before, though I think I might know someone who can.”

She said, letting her foot fall after a few seconds but she shrugged. Sewing was not an Eclipse thing and she was sure he’d point that out but it wasn’t a part of her daily life if he couldn’t tell she was far more comfortable in her own body, but she did procure some clothes from the city of Halifax before leaving the man with many thanks.

“So lets go find a fire and I’ll show you my lousy cooking skills.”

She said, knowing full well she could cook far better than most in the pack. In fact it wasn’t a hobby to her, it was a part of her life.

“Don’t forget your books, you’ve earned them.”

She said finally, her hands both full of dead meat ready and waiting to be skinned and cooked. She wasn’t about to ask for the waistcoat back yet anyway. She didn’t want to put the animals down and dirty them anymore than they already were.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
(288) Rob is a doofus.

His mischievous grin faltered a little as she easily deflected his retort. But, he did not allow himself to become disheartened, and kept up the sly act on Eclipse's behalf. "I guess I will, won't I," he replied, in his best attempts to be suave. Admittedly, he was not as smooth that he wanted to be, but he did not want to kneel in and be defeated.

When he walked back to Eclipse after he changed, he noticed that she was raising her foot as if to offer back his sleeve. It was cake with bits of dirt and not white anymore where she walked on it, and it honestly did not seem usable anymore. With a meek grin, he waved the foot away with one of his hands in a somewhat kind gesture. He could live with a damaged shirt... most likely. But, when she mentioned that somehow could fix it, he was not too slow to pick up interest. "Really now? Do you think you could inquire them about my shirt?" he asked, raising a single brow.

"What are you going to do, rub two sticks together until you get a spark?" Joking again, he was poking fun at her less than modern mindset. Of course, he did not expect her to do something so foolish when there were useful things to start a fire in his own house, such as animal oil and matches. But, he wanted to see what kind of side remark she could come up with then.

He blinked once, and quickly went back, and a moment later returned with the books in tow. Both with their hands full, Robert allowed himself to be led by Eclipse wherevershe wanted to take him.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 465 OOC: Here is the layout of the first floor of her house, House!

She only smiled knowing that she got one up on him. It was ok she wouldn’t try to rub it in his face, not today at least. She had to think about what he said about inquiring them and she shrugged a little. She barely knew the man and he had helped her so much she wasn’t going to ask for more favors.

“I think he’ll want a trade for his work, but I think he might be able to do something, though he does not live in our pack.”

She said figuring he would want someone from the pack to do it rather than someone from outside the pack. At his jest she lifted an eyebrow but smiled a little speaking kindly

“If we were out in the wilderness yes. I have only so many matches, but seeing as we are in town, we won’t have to do it the ‘old fashioned way’”

She said as they moved towards her new house. It had changed only a little, she found some wild flowers and transplanted them into her own little front garden, but there were only three, mostly because it was so late in the summer, but inside was what transformed a bit. She had scavenged much of the towns outlying that of Cercatori and found a few strange things to decorate her house with. A few old trinkets that survived the years and the only thing that was equiped was the kitchen with its pots and pans... it was as though she just dragged someone else’s kitchen into her own. Of course it was exchanged with the whole stove and whatever other electronics that never worked, with a fireplace that could easily help her cook, she gave it a little flare, though she didn’t really do those types of hands on things, but she wanted her food over her fire when at home rather than in it.

She led the man down the hall and into the kitchen and what humans once called the living room, which was just what she called a sitting room and waved for him to make himself comfortable. There was only a couch with a bookshelf that was near devoid of books, but she had few possessions at the moment so all she had was maybe three books of her own. She herself went to the counter where she started pulling the skins off the dead animals.

“Do you know how to cure animal skins at all?”

She asked curiously. She didn’t want them to go to waste, but she would find someone if he didn’t know how, this was just a question and not something she would mean to pick on him about.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
(481) rob your awkward is showing.

"Oh," he murmured, becoming obviously dubious at the mention of the person's outer-pack relations. He looked down at his sleeve with an unsure grimace, and pouted a little. "I guess I could always attempt to repair it myself. I do believe I have something about sewing somewhere in my books... Even not, I'm sure it is not a science to sew clothing." He was not even sure where to procure a needle for such an activity--perhaps he could use a thin enough bone from a prey's rib. There was possibilities, but he was not able to focus on it long.

Robert showed his teeth in a grin, and scoffed,"I would have thought you'd do everything in the 'old fashion way'--and you say it like it is a bad thing." He glanced around the ground for a moment, and with a sound of success, he stepped ahead and bent down. When he came back up, he went back to Eclipse and showed her what he picked, with a crooked smile on his face, again trying to impress her. "If we had to cook in the wilderness, we could use this to add a kick to the food; clove is pretty good with meat."

He paused for a moment, and added, "At least, that's what I've read. In my field guide. I rarely prepare my meals--I eat them raw... Well, at least smoked. Completely raw is just barbaric, I am right?" He cut himself off before he blabbered even further, and looked off to some other direction. In his best attempt to be sly, he ended up making a fool of him, and at that point, he believed he made a mockery of himself one times too many for one day.

He allowed himself to be led into the house, and he noticed that some things were different. "It looks nice so far," he offered off-handedly, recalling the explosion she had only a couple of days ago. Perhaps she was satisfied a bit with what she had collected so far, or at least he dearly hoped that she was. When she gestured him to take a seat, he promptly settled himself upon a cushion, and continued to inspect the house. When he noticed the few books, he became immediately interested, and reached out a hand to take a peak at an especially inviting one.

But, he quickly snapped back at attention when Eclipse spoke, and blinked at her question. "Uh, yeah, sure, I can. It is simple, really. You just put salt on them and... Yes, I do know how to cure pelts." Again, he made a half-grimace, and wanted to retreat back to his room in his house so that he could stop over explaining himself. But, it'd be rude to just suddenly up and leave, so he kept him planted on his seat with a displeased look upon his face.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 529 OOC: so Eclipse shall make it show even more hahaha

“No, I am quite a modern wolf when it comes to it, though I like to indulge myself in my own wolfish instincts.”

She couldn’t help but giggle at him and shake her head. He seemed oblivious to her jokes but that was fine, she kind of thought it was cute with the scrutinizing look he tended to give her, which of course made her want to do it even more. She looked at what he picked and nodded.

“Yes I use that as well as some of my own herbs I never usually leave without. Some stuff that I have to trade for and is pretty precious. I’m sure you’ll get to enjoy the most rarest of all soon enough.”

But not today, she thought. Her saffron was far too precious and though she wanted to impress the young man she could easily do it with the other oils and dried herbs as well as the very few vegetables she already had. She again laughed at his more than or less than silly comment. Of course he would think of such a thing.

“We are wolves dear, wolves eat raw meat. It’s the way it has been for centuries.”

Which meant she too ate it raw every once in awhile, she didn’t mind just delving into something that looked so delicious, but she cooked when she could help it. He complimented her house and she could tell he thought he was running on a touchy subject in which made her cringe a little before getting to work. She took a second before answering.

“That whole crying thing.... don’t take it personally it was an emotional morning for me. It won’t happen again. And thank you. I think it’s homey enough now, though it is so quiet.”

She said, her voice was even and solid, she was not sad nor was she angry with the man, but neither was she overly excited about the whole thing of finding new things with new memories, though the pan through the glass one was pretty good she thought to herself as she finished skinning the rabbit she shot.

“Would you like the rabbit pelt then? I don’t know what you could do with the grouse it’s all feathers, but I don’t want to waste the animal.”

she said setting aside the skinned part of the rabbit before working on taking the meat and turning it into strips here and there and taking some of the organs that were well liked, and making sure not to do anything with the intestines or the stomach. The stench would be horrible. She did the same with the bird, finding an extra tidbit here or there she could boil up for later or with their dinner. Soon she had the fire going and a pan over it with sizzling rabbit and grouse meat, the smell of it being basted in a sort of oil and oregano wafted out from the fireplace and she was becoming satisfied. She decided against the vegetables, at least for this meal.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
(395)

"Really? What's its called--the herb that you use?" He had probably never heard it before, and that's why it interested him. Though he was not a cook nor a herbalist in the slightest, he had read much about plants, and having looked at most of everything that was able to be found with Cercatori's borders, his curiosity was peaked.

He continued to frown even further as he shot back an embarrassed, "I know!" He ate raw often, but he did not know if she found it disgusting or not, and he was confused how to reply without offending her. But, caution was tossed to the wind when he was yet again shamed. He crossed his arms over his chest, which was awkward since he held the waistcoat and the few books as well, and huffed as he steamed over how idiotic he was being.

He only cooled down when they entered her house, and the other night's conversation was brought up. He attempted to make some sort of smile, but it only came out halfhearted, yet it was better than nothing. "Don't think I took that personally, miss Eclipse. I already told you that I understand how its like, so there is no need for the air of apology." He left it at that, the whole topic making him remember less than pleasing memories. He wanted a change of pace, so when she mentioned the pelt, he was quick to dive into it.

"Sure, I could always use another pelt. And, I can use the tail feathers of the grouse as quills. I have been running low on them, anyway, and I'd rather not use my swan ones. Those are really rare to by." With that, after she was finished with taking out the meat from the bird, he lifted himself from his seat and began to pluck the feathers that were left. He worked in silence as Eclipse started to cook the meats, and soon the overwhelming smell was fading away, being replaced by the various elements she was putting on the rabbits and grouse.

When he removed all the usable feathers, he turned and leaned against the counter, watching the woman work for a moment. "It smells good," he commented with a ghost of a grin on his face, and he tried to take a peak at it without moving him his spot.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 403 OOC:

“The ones I normally use? I use Oregano, and basil, rosemary, though the rare ones I use at festivals like thyme and the most precious of all, saffron, which I got a whole jar from a... a woman I met a few seasons ago.”

Thinking back on the collie woman made her faulter a little bit as she tried giving back the precious stuff but was denied as the woman said she was going to die... so Eclipse wondered if she had died. It was hard to think about even if she only met the wonderful woman once. She hid her reactions to her own words in keeping her hands busy. The skinned rabbit pelt was set to the side for the man for later and once things were basted and ready the room smelled of cooked meat. She didn’t need to say anything more about her outburst and was glad that he didn’t take it personally. She looked at him with wonderment as he mentioned quills... swan quills.

“How did you get swan quills? Are there swans around here?”

She asked enthusiasticaly, watching the strips of meat, flipping them with one of her newer plastic like utensils. She didn’t have a spatula so the thongs she found would have to do. The meat sizzled louder as she flipped over the bit of meat and turned her attention back to him and gave him a quick smile seeing he really was interested in her cooking. She quirked her brow and moved so he could see the sizzling meat over top the fire.

“The way I am doing it makes it quicker to cook as it’s in thin strips and can taste so good fried like this.”

She said going to a cabinet away from the fire to grab two plates where she could split the meat between and quickly hurried to get the thongs and pull the first strip out, then the second, third, fourth, then finished at the sixth. she put more on, but she put three strips on one, and three on another, each one having two bits of the rabbit and one grouse, where the next batch would give them the opposite.

“Don’t burn your mouth I’m no healer either.”

She said, her tone every bit as teasing as she meant it to be.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]