before we were heroes
[html]ooc: private for zyn! sorry this took me so long to get up, love. also forgive whatever awkwardness - I'm getting used to him/I don't have much time! Also, I totally forgot the PW to his account D: Hence why I'm posting from Shandomly <3
  • He contrasted with the changing seasons - the shifting from blues and grays to greens and other pretty things was lovely enough, but a shimmering gold child like him belonged in the wondrous explosion of nature's one last breath. X'yro Exultare didn't know it yet, but he was a child of fall and the changing seasons. He was the one last defense the world had before the cold and dark plunge into winter; that was how he would see himself, in later years. A sort of quiet defender, standing against the perceived gloom.

For now, however, X'yro was a child, and unaware of the shifting of the seasons and what destiny might bring him, disguised as triumph and wrapped with mistakes. Instead, he was a bright blue-eyed boy with a devilish smile, knowing, and loving, nothing but his family. He trained when it was asked of him, and watched as his sister did too, and more. X'yrin was older, and that was the way of things - whether or not he would succumb to the seeds of jealousy that grew in his soul remained to be seen. The boy saw her, for now, as simply his sister; someone, when time permitted, to tumble around in the growing grass.

On this quiet morning, where there was a brief reprieve from work, that was what X'yro desired. Large, clumsy paws carried the shimmering golden boy over the deceptively large terrain, his childish voice calling for his inborn playmate. Rin! the boy squeaked, poking his wet nose underneath all sorts of things and coming up with interesting smells, but no sister. Rin, where are you?

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:
Big GrinDD No worries deary a sent you the information again on AIM. Let puppy time begin!

What good were these paw? They were much too large and too heavy and always seemed to get in the way whilst she walked. She wanted paws like the caretakers; suitably sized and long, strong legs. Not these useless stubs that got in the way time and time again. But it had to be admitted they did come in handy when it came to a good romp with her sibling. One well placed swipe around send him rolling... as well as her when the attack was returned. She did not know yet that in time her form would grow and her now useless paws would become powerful weapons trained to defend not only herself but the pack. They too would be suitable to her frame no longer giving her a reason to look to her caretakers with envy. She and her brother would become strong, able protectors of the pack. But for now, she was a little one burdened by obscenely large paws.

The change of the season was met as joyously as the day she was born. All howling and smiled, singing of the splendors brought on with change. Though the colors changed and the temperature shifted, it brought with it something new to experience, and she would always be glad for that. Now if only she could get Ro-Ro to feel the same.

Brandishing the face of an explorer she slipped from the den earlier that day to quench her thirst for the unknown. But of course her flopping digits got in the way slowing down her progress considerably. Though she did not wander as far as she'd liked, she nosed about through what was near. The scent of the earth never ceased to amaze her and with tail wagging, she buried her virgin nose into its freshness. Around rocks and tree trunks and through the high grass, she let her curious nose guide her...and at times her stomach when a brightly colored flower looked appetizing (but clearly wasn't). Her form was little more than a golden dot bobbing within a sea of green.

But to the sound of a familiar voice she breeched the overwhelming see, rearing back on her hind legs to have a better look. "RO-RO!!!" the little one squealed in seeing her brother a good distance away. She tried to beacon him over with excited paws flailing in the air but lost her balance and plopped soundly back into the encompassing sea. Giggling in her floral bed she called out again. "I here Ro-Ro!!!"

420 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;