oh breathe, just breathe
[html]

WC: 412

Colibri hobbled through the village of Jordheim, weak but determined. She was stubbornly refusing to rest, though it was only the second day after she had been attacked outside their borders. She felt edgy and uneasy, and it was preferable to be up and walking around instead of languishing in bed and letting the symptoms of paranoia and nausea progress. She would not have told anyone in the pack what happened if she had not feared for their safety as well; she did not want their pity, and it made her extra irritable whenever anyone tried to offer their help. She had re-wrapped the bandages on her chest herself, after her late night with the pack's Godja, Miskunn Stormbringer. It would take even longer to heal now that they had reopened the lacerations, but it would be in the shape of a Norse rune once it closed up, and in a strange way Coli was looking forward to seeing it as a scar.

The frail Optime stopped for a brief rest, breathing heavily as she leaned against a hillock sloping into an unclaimed house. She had so little energy, she got exhausted from just walking short distances. It frustrated her that she could not immediately return to her daily routine and pretend nothing happened. The little claw marks and bruises were already receding, hidden by her fur; she had broken no bones, sprained no muscles, and yet she was still so enervated. Growling faintly under her breath, she pushed herself back up again, limping her way towards the communal herb garden. She had not been able to check on it these past two days, and she was not sure if anyone else had been tending it. It was largely her responsibility, and she wanted to fulfill those expectations.

The sun had reached its peak in the sky, washing its warm light over her face and shoulders. She sighed, relaxing under its welcome touch. She loved being outdoors, surrounded by verdant nature. Momentarily giving up on her arduous journey, Colibri lowered herself stiffly to the ground, settling into the grass with her chin atop her knees. Maybe just a little break wouldn't hurt. She did ache all over, and the herb garden wasn't going anywhere. Letting her eyes flutter shut, she inhaled deeply, drawing in the rich scents of flower petals, pine needles, the peculiar sweet and sour aroma of the grapevines at the vineyard. It was a relief to be home again.

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]

LUPUS Form

The day had been a busy one for Sura. With no direction, no job, no school, nothing to do, and most importantly, no babysitter, Sura had been left on her own. She'd taken it upon herself to explore her new surroundings, investigate the hardness of all the houses by using her teeth to chew on doorposts, and dig up as many rocks as she could. After all, rocks were the best thing in the world. Rocks were one's best friend, never complaining, always agreeing, and most importantly, incapable of abandoning anyone.

When Sura had found the garden, her eyes lit up in delight. Mounds of soil and mud to play in, ponds, colors, green, and all manner of mischief to unearth. She hadn't been here long, but when steps approached, she paused what she was doing to see. Her eyes took in a battered optime who seemed tired and mellow, unlike herself, as Sura was perfectly happy, full of energy, and without a scratch on her. She grabbed what she had been doing, using her teeth, and drug them through the rows of plants, stopping in front of the stranger.

"Wook wat I dids! I defeatededededs aww da ebil pwants. Dey are da ebils cauz dey wook at me da funnies." (translation), she exclaimed, dropping a bundle of seven flowering plants. Behind her, a whole row of plants had been unearthed at her paws, soil strewn every which way. "Oh! Oh, Oh! Picks mes! Oh! Oooooooh!", she now began to sit and stretch her paw up as if she were a child with a question. She continued to wave and stretch her paw in an exaggerated manner, as if every millisecond that the stranger did not immediately respond indicated that Sura needed to double her antics in order to be noticed.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]
[html]

Hi there! =) Sura is adorable, omg. WC: 413

The warm sunlight was making her drowsy. As Colibri relaxed, she caught the sounds of a curious scuffling nearby. She let her ears swivel without opening her eyes, judging it to be a small animal. There were lemmings and voles and other little creatures that could be found scampering in the hills, none of whom stirred her interest today. She was too weary to want to hunt, so she let it pass her notice. That was, until she heard it distinctly approaching her, dragging something behind it. What the...?

Coli blinked, bright daylight momentarily blinding her. As she squinted through the haze of her obscured vision, she was met with a most unexpected sight; a little black and white puppy with a bundle of flowers in her jaws. Coli straightened up, tilting her head as she silently studied the little girl, letting the sounds of her chattering nonsense flow uninterrupted. The only pups she had been aware of were Temeraire Stormbringer and Elias Rosen, both of whom were rapidly growing up. This little one, with her overlong tail and floppy ears, was much younger than those boys. She must be the child of a new member, one whom Coli had not been introduced to yet. The girl's distinct markings seemed more like a dog than anything else; it shouldn't be too hard to find her parents in town, she determined.

The spirited puppy began waving her paw in the air, eliciting a tired smile from Coli. She loved children, even if she did not have the vitality to play with one right now. "Hello there, sweetie, what's your name? Did you bring these flowers for me...?" She glanced down at the clump of stems, roots encrusted with fresh soil. The flowers looked familiar. Chamomile daisies, purple thyme, these were all... Her ears fell back, eyes widening. Oh no, they couldn't be. With dread, she let her eyes follow the trail of dirt clods from the little puppy, back up the hill, to... "The herb garden! Why did you do that?!" She stood up abruptly, meaning to rush up and check on the damage. But the sudden rush to her head caused a wave of dizziness to wash over her, and her knees buckled, dropping her back to the ground again. She was not well enough to go running around like that. With a groan, she rubbed her aching temples; she would have so much work to do now, and she could barely walk.

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]

LUPUS Form

The strange woman appeared to be friendly enough, and at her welcome greeting, Sura's tail automatically began such a great wag that her rear end threatened to fall over from lack of balance. Of course, none of that motion helped Sura's ailing bladder. Her face morphed to an elongated stretch of concentration.

"Otay!", was all she said to the woman's inquiries on if the flowers were for her. It took a minute for the realization that there was still more Sura needed to answer to sink in. "I'm a Sura. I am adults!", she explained, holding her head high to show her imaginary position of dignity.

"Dey, dey was ebil! Dey says wean wings! Dey says Sura is widdle woney wirl wif no fwiends no purposes and no one wants! Dey say Sura is no goods for nuffin! So I shows dem! I wips dem out! Bad fwowers! Bad !", she explained in an animated fashion, waving her paws around where she could, and gesturing towards the mess.

"Wady you no wooks da woods, you shoulds becomes smawers, wikes me.", she tried to suggest that the woman shift into her lupus form. She much preferred it anyways. The woman was attractive and kind, and had a sort of mysterious air about her. Maybe Sura would grow up one day to look like her. The woman seemed to have big breasts, too. That would be nice. Sura examined her own chest for a moment.

"Ou, Ou!", she began her outcries again, now starting a slight hopping motion up and down. She began to bite her lip . "CANS I GOES POTTIES PWEASES !!", she nearly screamed, her bladder feeling like it was threatening to burst.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]
[html]

<3 WC: 553

Coli gingerly scooped up the uprooted flowers, wincing at every bruised leaf and puppy tooth mark she saw. They would probably live if she could get them planted again soon, but who was to say the little one wouldn't come back again? She would have to explain that the garden was off-limits until the child got a little older. Listening patiently, Colibri couldn't keep that small smile from reappearing; she was just so energetic, her entire body reacted to the words she said, wagging her tail and waving her paws every which way. Her name was Asura? No, a Sura, that was what she said. It had been many seasons since Coli had tried to talk to a puppy, but slowly she was catching up with the childish speech patterns and mispronunciations. Sura spoke so quickly, though, that she still wasn't following all of it. The little girl claiming to be an adult didn't offer her a last name, either, but it still shouldn't be too difficult to identify her family if they came looking for her. She didn't seem lost, though... just unsupervised.

"It's nice to meet you, Sura. My name is Colibri, or Coli for short. You said... the flowers were evil and bad? They said things to tease you? Oh, Sura, these are good flowers," she tried to rationalize. "If you have a tummy ache or you hurt your paws, these flowers can make you feel better. That's why the garden is there, to help everyone in Vinátta when they get sick." She wasn't sure that would be enough to convince the little dog to stop destroying them, but it was a start. It was not the first time she had tried to explain gardening to a child who had never encountered it before, and it probably wouldn't be the last.

Sura was very talkative, quick to offer advice when she watched Colibri's failed attempt to stand. Her lips pursed into a wry grimace, vaguely annoyed that she had drawn attention to her weakened condition. "Smaller like you... do you mean I should be on four legs? Ah... sweetie, normally I would, but I, uh, had an accident recently..." She gestured to the bandage on her chest, hiding the forming scar from view. There were other injuries, but it was the most obvious and easiest for a child to understand. "If I try to shift, it could hurt me. I need to wait to get better." There was also the physical toll that shifting exacted; she knew instinctively that she would faint from exhaustion if she tried to change forms now. Whatever was sapping all her strength was making life difficult in every facet.

Curiously, the puppy began to fidget and hop up and down, as though something put her in discomfort. Coli leaned forward, wanting to make sure it was nothing serious, when a wail burst forth from her. "P-potty?" she stammered in surprise. She needed to urinate? "Um, we're outside, so... go ahead," she managed, confused and more than a little amused. The poor little thing had been holding it in for some reason; maybe her parents warned her not to go inside the house, and she didn't know where was allowed? She would ask them once she brought the little one home, lest this happen again.

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]

LUPUS Form

Translations provided on hovering over speech portions

Sura's eyes widened, her ears at attention as the woman talked now. This wasn't so hard after all. One person talked some, and then she talked, and then they talked, and so on and so forth. In fact, talking to other lupines was quite enjoyable. But the story about the flowers drew all sorts of imaginative additions. In truth, the flowers themselves hadn't done anything wrong, they just happened to exist while Sura's thoughts were on a patronizing rampage, and she'd taken it out on them and done her best to truely convince herself that it really wasn't her fault but theirs. Especially now that she learned this was not the proper way for one to act. Her eyes widened as she listened to the story.

"Dey halps ebeywone whens dey gets da sicks? So if we destwoys da fwowers, ebeywone gets sick and dey all DIE?!", she gasped, falling onto her rump. "We has to fix dem! No one dies! We habs fixes dem!", she began to fidget at a rapid pace, starting to grab a flower, lunging back, nervously going for the flower again. Her paws began to pick themselves up and put themselves down, all the while Sura mostly standing in the same place, her feet doing almost a dance. Her gaze fell to Colibri again, her face was warped in concern. "How we does dat! We habs fix it! I no no hows!", she peered at Colibri for relief and comfort - and answers.

"You are Coli? I am Collies too! See my fwoppy wears! Dey pwetty wears! I wubs dem! Dey fwuffy!", she exclaimed, her tail returning to a storm of wagging.

"You have bandaids on yer chest. Dat mean yer heawrt heawrts . When yer hweart gets da betters, den you be able to changes again into whatevers you wants to . Dere no time to set on how wongs it takes for bwoken hwearts to heals. Mommy taughts me dat. Dis one time, I steps on catewarpwiwwar. "

Now with permission to urinate, Sura gave a tiny bark of joy and scurried off to the first plant she could find. It happened to be a herb. As she lifted a leg, she remembered how these plants were a garden that prevented people from dying, and removed her leg. She scurried off in a different direction, and watered a tree. Coming back, it was clear her mind had been working all the while. "I dink dese pwants specials and dey hold da swouls of ebewy wuff here. If viwage has no gardens, is cause wuffs are sad and has no souls anymore caus dey got crushed and stollens by badnesses! Our new homes is hawwpies cauz we has gardens wif pwants dat tieds to our souls. Which wone is my pwants? Cans I waters it? If I waters it a wot, will I gwow biggers and wongers?"

"

REFERENCES

[/html]
[html]

WC: 555

Sura grew agitated, clearly upset by something Colibri had said. She frowned, not intending to frighten the poor thing; she had forgotten how easily puppies could misinterpret words. Still, it couldn't be all bad if she had impressed upon her the value of their plants. Maybe this meant she wouldn't go digging them up again. "It's all right, honey, we can fix them. You just have to put them back the way you found them, and they'll get better. I can help you," she said, hoping her calm tone would ease the pup's manic energy. She wasn't in any shape to go chasing her around, after all. She gathered more of the strewn plants into her arms, willing to carry them if Sura was willing to dig the holes. As she did so, Sura was chattering on about something else, and she tried to reply in kind. "Colibri was my grandmother's name. I was told it means 'hummingbird' -- have you ever seen a hummingbird, Sura?" she asked, not entirely certain what floppy ears had to do with her name. She knew very little about dogs, having been deeply immersed in the world of wolves for most of her life.

Sura's words were like a babbling brook, falling over each other in her eagerness to speak them all at once. But despite her childish innocence, she had struck a chord with the older wolf; how long would it take for her broken heart to heal? She knew the little girl couldn't possibly understand the true significance of what she recited, and yet Coli had been rendered quite speechless. Blinking back a sudden mist of tears, she managed to respond, "I hope my heart gets better soon." She didn't know how much longer she could keep going back to her empty house and pretending she was better off single, or that being mangled by a psychotic loner right on the borders of her pack was something she could forget about and move on from. But those were grownup problems, a dark and twisted world that Coli prayed the little girl would be spared from as long as she could.

Colibri brightened visibly and even chuckled a little when the pup scurried off to pee. It was just too funny to see the clumsy little thing falling over herself with enthusiasm. Coli slowly rose to stand, taking care not to lock her knees like last time lest she collapse again. She was unsteady on her feet, but she was standing. Now they could go to the garden together and repair the damage those puppy antics had wrought. When Sura came rushing back, she had much more to say, and Coli listened to her prattle with interest. "Your new home is happy because it has gardens? I'm so glad you like it here. I hope you grow big and strong here," she said pleasantly, a tinge of concern in her questing eyes. Had Sura come from a bad situation, was that why she spoke so much about evil and sadness? It hadn't occurred to her before, but of course it was possible. There was so much darkness out there. "Of course you can have your own plant and water it. Maybe one with pretty flowers that match your eyes? Then you'll both grow right up to the sky!"

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]

LUPUS Form

Translations provided on hovering over speech portions

"We have to fix them the way we found them.", she mimicked Colli's words, trying her best to match even the tone and pitch of the woman's voice. "Whenebers a adults says somefin easies, dey weally means it is weally hardfs. So befores, dey was in da gwounds, but now dey outsides, so dey needs bes in da gwounds again wif dere fwowers stickin' ups.", she reasoned slowly to herself, as if it were a mathematical puzzle. She tapped the ground with her paw, realizing that simply shoving it into the dirt as it was wouldn't work. "I digs whores!"(translation, she said the wrong word at the end, and began to quickly pedal her front feet, spewing dirt between her rear legs. In no time at all, what white fur she had was now a darker brown.

"A hummingbirds? 'Course! It a twee dat makes hum swounds wike a bird to twies to be all fashions.", she lied, hoping that Colli wouldn't think her uncool simply because she didn't know what a hummingbird was.

"Yer hearts onwy getws betwer if you nots dink abouts it and does what you needs to does. Wike, dis one time, when mummy n daddy argues, I tears up my toy cauz I upsets dat he not comes to my birfday after he pwomises but he onwy sneawks ober to argues wif mummy n makes her upsets too, so's I tears up da toy daddy gives me once. N den I was weally upset I not has a daddies, so I cwies for a wong time, and ebewytimes I sees da bwoken toy, I cwies mores. One days I wealizes I tireds of being sads about its all da times and I kinda wants to changes, but I not want to puts in efforts cauz it might hurts or be hards, so I makes myself weally, weally bwaves, and I tosses out da toy and burries it. And den I wooks at da dirt piwle wher it burries and I says that I not goings be sads anymores bout it cauz it hurtedededs too muches and now da toy is gone. I know it still happweneds, but it wike I forgiwes myselfs, you knows? It not my faults mummy and daddy argues...", she continued to explain, only pausing for a breath. "Mummies was weally upsets dat I did dat, but I jus ignoreds her because eben know she my mummy, I knew dat I needed dat to feels betters. She was wong about what I needed, onwy I knew wats I needed. Maybe you just needs figures outs whats wou needs wo wo."

"I'm goings to gwows up and has big boobs. Bigger dan yers. But not toos bigs becauwses I won'ts wants wuys wo wooks at dem and says I am pwetties wifout wooks at anyding elses. Oder animals have boowbs, wight? Does fwowers have boobs? Where are dey? Fwowers are anminiminmals wight?", she pondered aloud, taking glances at her chest now and then, with awkward stares at Colli's torso as well.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]
[html]

WC: 618

Colibri smiled encouragingly as Sura mimicked her, slowly figuring out the solution to the problem she had created. When she crowed her triumphant answer, Coli snorted, highly amused by the obvious malapropism. "Holes, Sura, we dig holes. Ahh, but slow down, you don't have to dig everywhere-!" she quickly corrected, waving the plants in her hands with agitation. The little dog had so much energy, it was hard to keep up with her. She tried to gesture that the holes could be in neat rows, but that didn't seem like a possibility. Oh well, it didn't really matter where the flowers went as long as they were in the same plot of land for everyone to find. She sighed, kneeling slowly at the garden's edge where she set the uprooted plants to one side. She could start planting them one by one while Sura tired herself out with the frenzied digging. "A hummingbird is... well, I'm sure it could be a tree like that, but there are also actual birds, the tiniest ones you'll ever meet," she said pleasantly, cheered by the girl's imagination.

As she quietly went back to the soil she so loved, ignoring the aches in her tired joints as she bent over, she listened to the long story Sura was telling her. The rapid pace of her puppy words made it difficult to fully grasp what had happened to her, but it seemed like she was sharing something important to her; her mother and father fought, and she released her frustration on a toy she loved, destroying it. Coli felt that sense of concern grow in her again -- was the puppy safe at home? Her parents didn't hurt her, did they? But Sura surprised her with the ending, showing she had matured further than Coli had expected for one of her age. She knew it wasn't her fault that her parents argued, and she tried to forget about the toy and move on. "That's very wise of you... You want me to forget about the unhappy things, and then my heart will get better like yours did...?" Coli was stricken by the simple honesty of this pup. Regardless of how adult her situation was, a child's words held the solution. She reached over and ruffled Sura's ears, feeling a rush of affection for her youngest packmate. She hoped the girl's parents appreciated the intelligent daughter they had been blessed with, instead of upsetting her with their arguments.

That sense of affection evaporated very quickly. A tinge of crimson flushed beneath her cream-furred cheeks, as she suddenly flashed back to a very old memory: the painfully awkward conversation she had many seasons ago with her child brother Emwe, in which he had asked why she did not have things dangling between her legs while he did. It had mortified her back then and she did not know how to answer him -- she had forgotten all about that until just now, since Sura's inquisitive mind chanced upon an equally embarrassing question for her. The puppy kept staring at her chest until Coli got self-conscious, crossing her arms over her bust so that the curves were less visible. "Erm... that's, uh... female animals have, um, teats, so they can nurse babies... size doesn't really matter..." Flowers, focus on the flowers! "Flowers don't need breasts, their babies are seeds. So they aren't animals, but they are alive." She frowned, wondering if that would actually answer the questions or end up creating more. She knew a lot about the individual qualities of plants, and how to care for them, but when it came to topics like biology, that was far beyond the scope of her simple knowledge.

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]

LUPUS Form

"I wigs em you wants em...", she affirmed her actions out loud, unbothered by the tone of concern and slight alarm in Colli's voice. "Wat wappen wen we wants dem, wat we woes wexts?", she inquired with an even worse accent, the product of the dirt getting into her own mouth from her furious actions. "Phewg, phelw. ", she spat out the dirt and wiped her nose on her front leg, which only got her nose dirtier because of how caked it was in earth. "I means, we just weabes dem dere in da whores-wholes and den dey gwows? Wat does dey eats? Where does dere poops go? Pwants makes poops, wight? Are dere poops dere seeds?", she questioned more, her mind once more fixated on bodily functions. "Did we hurtses da fwowwers feelin's? When I grabs dem and shakes dem from der earfs? How we makes dem feel betters and say sowwies? I try shouts at dem once but they no wisten, I tink dey no habs wears. Cepts wellow worn. Dey have ears and you eats dem. But I nots vegeterans. I wieks weats. "

"Dere's a humminburd! It is smalls!", she pointed towards a noisy dragonfly that lazily made it's way past them.

"And forgives.", Sura added to Colli's question. She turned to see the distraught look on Colli's face, and wrinkled her nose in response. "Did you eats ownwoion? It makes you cwies, dey gwosses. You adults, you shoulds knows dat, tehehe.", she commented, being thick when it comes to empathy.

"WOOOKS! I founds a wubies!", excited, she grabbed the thing that she found with her teeth and struggled to trot forwards with it. When she was close enough, she placed it at Colli's feet. It was a buttery hue, perfectly round, like a button, but with no hole in the middle, in total, bigger than Sura;s head. In fact, it wasn't very hard at all. A moment later, it began to move and squirm and lengthened into a long shape with many tiny legs and a gigantic red gem-like thing on one end that looked rather shiny. It began to try to burrow back into the earth. Sura's ears rose to the top of her head, even unfurling themselves in extreme curiosity as Sura stood perfectly still.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]
[html]

**I'm assuming what she found was a grub/larvae? Poke me if I'm wrong, and I'll edit this. =)
WC: 632

Sura was quickly transforming herself from a black and white puppy into a black and brown ball of mud. She would definitely need a bath when they were through. She was a hard worker, though, and her enthusiasm was infectious. The ache in Colibri's limbs had receded for now, and she appreciated the company that this youth was providing her. It brought her a glimmer of optimism to imagine herself as a big sister figure again, providing guidance for Sura as she grew up here in the safety of their pack. She giggled as Sura spat out the dirt in her mouth, eagerly pressing her for more information she was happy to provide. "Plants eat... well, they drink water, and I suppose they eat sunlight and whatever their roots find in the earth. They, um, don't have to... poop. And seeds are their babies, if you give them soil and water, they will become new plants." She wasn't sure how much of this conversation would actually be remembered, but at least she was being educational. The little one professed her desire to apologize, in her own roundabout way, and Coli smiled broadly. "Aww, we're already making them feel better by putting them back in their home! They live in the garden, and they'll be all fixed soon." She touched a bent stem, noting the tooth-shaped bruises in its leaves, and hoped that would be true. They were wildflowers, they were pretty resilient. Nothing too fragile could survive long in the north.

Sura's constant stream of chatter was a pleasant backdrop, albeit one difficult to quite understand. Something about shouting at ears of corn, and eating meat... or wheat? The puppy was so easily distracted, demonstrated by her quick notice of a nearby dragonfly. Coli held up her finger to see if the little insect would land on it, but it buzzed past her. "Almost, but that one is called a dragonfly. It's not a bird, it's a bug! They live at the lake, and eat smaller bugs. I can take you to the lake to see them once we're done fixing the plants, and you can swim around a little..." It was not a very subtle ploy, but she wanted to get the puppy washed up and clean before her parents were to see her again. If they argued a lot, they might get mad at her for being muddy inside their house. Still, the thought of returning to the lake made her shiver; each time she saw it, she was reminded powerfully of where she had been assaulted. It was still so fresh to her. She noticed Sura was staring at her then, asking if she had been eating onions because of the funny face she was making. She smiled halfheartedly, shaking her head. "Of course not, sweetie, don't worry about it."

"Sura, that's not a... oh my," Coli trailed off as she watched the soft shape unfurl and squirm. Every gardener encounters the oddities that live underground, be they earthworms, cicadas, or in this case, grubs. This fat specimen was larger than any she had seen before, though, and by Sura's reaction, it was the first she had ever uncovered. As it began to wriggle its way back into the soil, Coli pointed at it, calling with mock urgency: "Quick, grab it! It's a grubworm, it will eat the roots of all our plants!" Maybe the pup would be excited by the prospect of defending their flowers? Grubs were troublesome, just like the beetles they grew up to be, but they were food for birds and rodents, and there was no shortage of them in their rich territory. There was no need for panic if a single one got away, but the imaginative child might enjoy running around with it.

Table by Alli!
[/html]
You won the "who's that pokemon...", garden pest style XD

I'm getting tired, so I think I might end this thread.

[html]

Concentrating on digging was hard work, so while Sura's paws worked in the soil digging her exaggerated holes, her ears easily picked up Colli's words, and her mouth repeated fragments of them. "Pwants... soils... seeds...waters.... sunwites....", she murmured to herself, fully fixated on her physical task, her words almost an afterthought. "Dis one times! We fixes pwants, and dey wives.", she began to seem to recant a tale excitedly after Colli's happy remark about their hard work mending the garden. However, she was actually recalling their actions of past, present, and future, in a bizarre way. It seemed that Sura was gaining a propensity for half truths and blatant lies.

"Bugs eat bugs in da wake bsszzzz bwwwwzzzzz bwwwzzzzzz bwz bwz bwz", she began to hum to herself once more after Colli's instruction on insects, in a sing-song tone, acknowledging what Colli had said. All of the information that the adult provided seemed to be sticking in her brain, but how much of it truly stuck until later, and in an uncorrupted form, was unknown even to Sura. But for now, at least she seemed quite happy making lisped dragonfly noises. "Maybe... Bus we habs woks vewy hawds fiwst sos ebewyones be pwouds n' sos we be pwouds of ou-selfs fo woks the hardness. We sabs da pwants n pwetties dem. "

When Sura brought her discovery to Colli, the woman seemed to become excited, her tone implying that it could destroy everything they'd worked hard for, and it could even harness the power of sun and earth-ness to destroy their pack, planet, and even the universe! It was disgusting, but she had to kill it! Grimacing, she made a stabbing motion with her teeth towards the grub, and quickly felt a disgusting presence of her mouth. She squinted as the thing moved no more. Desperate to get the taste out, she began to roll in the dirt, even taking and spitting out large mouthfuls of earth. Her frenzied antics lasted for a few moments.

"I HATED its! GWUBWOM DIE! I KILLS IT! I KILLS DEM ALL! I HATES IT! I HATES IT SKIN! I HATES IT TASTE! IT GETS IN MY FUR! I HATES DIS FUR! I HATES DA WOWLD! I HATES.... hates... dwagonfw wake ... fwower...", she suddenly exploded, stamping her feet on the ground and shouting with all the capacity her lungs could offer. Her body began to shake in an apparent rage, as if all the rolling had literally ruffled her fur the wrong way. But as the thoroughly covered dirty pup raged, she began to simmer down, just as mysteriously. Her words became repetitive, less cohesive. Her body even seemed to have trouble, and her angry shaking became a nervous one, and eventually a wobble, as if desperately trying to stay standing. It seemed to be a struggle to keep looking at Colli because of the angle of her neck, having to look up seemed too much work, and the ground enraptured her attention instead. Her eyes, too became heavy. She began to mumble quietly, and then collapsed near Colli's feet, limbs outspread, and her vocals silent for only a few moments before a moderate snoring began.

-- expends all her energy, falls asleep, fade out --

"

REFERENCES

[/html]