holding on to let go
backdated to the 6th

He'd returned, against everything that he was he had returned. The two siblings that he'd known and actually cared for had lefted him to come home and after all the moody days at sea and the travelling he'd done there was really nothing left out there but more openspaces and strangers that in the end were all the same. His silvery blue eyes gazed down upon the lands below not knowing what this new world held. The lands he'd once known as home were forgotten, nothing holding there but death, yet from death tiny sprigs of green were shooting through the ground, showing that someday life would return, though not anytime soon.

He'd shifted through the lands he'd been born in, the soot and ash having no affect on his already steele grey coat, if anything it just blended in and was gone. The hybrid hadn't found anything left except scraps of trinkets and forgotten pieces that the fire couldn't reach in the very marrow of the old den. There was nothing there for him anyways, he'd taken what few things were his when he'd left so long ago. The nothing lands were behind him now as he searched for those he'd once known.

He'd caught the scent of others on the breeze as he had stood atop the ledge gazing down. There could be a million miles of space down there where he might find his family or he'd never find them at all. Shaking his scruffy fur out he leapt off the ledge and began his descent into this new world, knowing there might not be a thing out here to find but he'd made a promise to come home, the least he could do was try.
Big Grin[html]

The youth had come to the edges of The Waste and could smell the thick scent of coyotes. Though his senses still weren’t as acute as they would grow to become, he knew that sour smell. Oddly enough, he thought that Sirius had a bit of that smell to him. But maybe that was just because Sirius didn’t bathe enough or something.

He turned from the Waste, not wanting to take his chances. After all, everyone in Twilight Vale was not permitted to cross the coyotes. He turned and headed back towards Halcyon and Shadowed Sun. Maybe he would visit Sirius and tell him to take a bath.

The steal blue hybrid he saw was no one familiar to him. So far, he thought, Apollo hadn’t been seen. He wondered about crossing paths with him (was he one of those coyotes or not?) and then he decided he should probably steer away from him. Maybe if he hid now, the stranger wouldn’t notice his bright white coat against the ashen greens of the mountain.

[/html]
DaVinci had caught sight of the blazing white coat as it had come within his sight. Narrowing his eyes he'd turned his face away from the view, assuming for a moment that it had belonged to one of his long lost family members.. the whole lot of them seemed to evolve into snowy pelted creatures, except Firefly. She'd turned into something alltogether different, but he didn't even want to think of the dark fae that had followed him off on adventure after adventure. Within moments the winds had changed and the scent of the boy below had caught hold of DaVinci's attention, letting him know it was no relative of his, though he could catch wiffs of Naniko lingering on his pelt.

He pushed family out of his mind as his strange eyes turned back to watch the boy who seemed to think he was hiding, his fur clashing so brightly against the dull green of the world that surrounded him. Sighing to himself the brooding hybrid leapt down from his perch, his deep low voice ringing out, obviously not the voice one would assume belonged to a coyote. "You'd do better to just roll over and play dead.. I can see you plain as day." The words were calm as he walked towards the little den of shadows that the youth was trying to hide in, DaVinci slightly amused that the boy had actually thought that he could hide. He obviously was new to tracking and scouting, something that DaVinci had honed overseas to a point, survival was key, the places he'd been.
[html]

"Why would I do that?" Apollo sneered, trying to act as if he hadn’t been discovered in his act. He didn’t want to come off as scared, because he wasn’t. He just wanted to avoid confrontation if it was possible. He didn’t need to be getting into trouble with Naniko, let alone Inferni. But since the hybrid had approached him, he supposed he couldn’t be held responsible if something happened.

The steel blue coat was something Apollo hadn’t seen before. He was more accustomed to seeing so much white all the time, what with his own father, Naniko, Kansas, and himself. Not to mention black. Twilight Vale was littered with ebony pelts too. He eyed this stranger, thinking he may actually turn out to like him. Then again, Apollo seemed to get along better on his own. "You don’t think I could defend myself?" He asked, knowing full well that a pup of his age couldn’t. "Who are you anyways?"

[/html]
DaVinci could remember his childhood, though for the most part he choose not to. He'd been a hateful angry thing, through his eyes the world had hated him for what he was, the wolves didn't want him and the coyotes scorned him for being brought up among the other. Now, he just took everything with a grain of salt and ignored the world, if he came off stuck up or moody he didn't care. His eyes downcast at the youth as he sneered up at the long limbed hybrid letting the words flow over him as he settled down on his haunches before replying. "I'd probably have ignored you if you looked dead. Then again, if you hadn't tried to hide I would have ignored you as well." He smiled a warped little grin as he shrugged off the idea, he really didn't care either way, but the boy seemed to be angry at something, probably the same things he was at that age, everything.

DaVinci knew that the boy was studying him as he stood there, he just waited patiently for the youth to end his gawking before the questions pipped up. Always the agression, always the anger.. he knew the look that gazed back at him through those strange orbs. Shaking his head at the challenge from the male he laughed, his voice rolling as he spoke. "Do you think you need to defend yourself?" Honestly, he hadn't even done anything yet and already it seemed the boy's mind was made up. DaVinci had grown to accept that he would always be the dark dangerous one in everyone's eyes. No one wanted to accept him, but then again he wouldn't want to either, the son of a rapist and all, not to mention his mother's blood was tainted with madness to, though he really hadn't come to discover that yet. A disapproving frown on his lips as the son asked him just who he was he admitted finally. "I'm DaVinci. I was raised in Clouded Tears when I was a child, my family had resided here and in Storm.. but now I'm just a stranger... Who are you?" he asked back.
[html]

He didn’t answer his question and instead focused on his name. DaVinci. Never heard of him. He had never heard of Clouded Tears before either, or Storm for that matter. Later, Apollo would discover from his father that he had been the leader of Storm for a short while. He would then, too, become deeply interested in what little of that pack’s history that his father knew.

"My name is Apollo. I live in Twilight Vale, but not for much longer." He eyed DaVinci, and then decided that he could trust him. Maybe he wouldn’t turn out to be as annoying as Sirius was. "Where do you live then if you’re just a stranger?" Apollo didn’t realize that maybe he had family living around here.

[/html]
DaVinci couldn't really believe that the kid had no answer to having ever heard of Storm or Clouded Tears, had his own past just vanished into nothing. Had the old pack along with the territories just been extinguished, he wasn't sure but if the next generation had no knowledge of them it was likely. His strange hued orbs watched those equally strange ones of the white wolf as he gave his name and pack. Raising a black tinted brow at the boy he asked. "Not for much longer?" The kid was obviously too young to be out on his own, he had to have had family in the pack or atleast someone who cared for him, DaVinci wondered for a monent before continuing. "Won't they miss you?"

Shifting his weight from leg to leg for a second before finally wrapping his tail around his limbs and thinking exactly about ther question the youth had asked. "I lived on a ship til now.." He frowned slightly a second before giving up. "Well, I guess I don't live anywhere now, atleast not yet." The kid sure had made him feel and seem stupider than he knew he was, not that he would admit that he was indeed lacking in some areas of his mind.
[html]

"Yeah, I’m going to leave Twilight Vale," Apollo confessed to DaVinci. His next question came as a sort of surprise to the youth though. He wanted to say yes, that they would miss him, but he wasn’t so sure. He would definitely miss seeing Naniko, since she had helped raise him. Savina too, since she was so kind and had been helping with his Italian. But anyone else? Would they really miss him?

"I don’t know, probably not," he decided to respond. He didn’t really want to think about that right now, anyways. Apollo had never seen a ship before, so he couldn’t imagine what it would have been like for DaVinci. Clearly he had experience in leaving home, though, so maybe Apollo could learn a few things from him. Maybe, there was a possibility, DaVinci would even have some of the same views of the world as Apollo did. "Then where are you going to go?" He asked, curious if he was seeking to join one of the packs.

[/html]
DaVinci nodded quietly to the words that the youth had said, in a soft casual voice he asked, "Why? Is there something better out there?" He knew that at one time he'd thought that there was something better out there than his pack, yet it had taken him far and wide and now he'd returned only to find that after witnessing what was left in the ashes cross way he missed what he'd taken for granted. He wouldn't really admit the whole of it, but something inside him wondered and wanted to know that those who'd once watched over him were safe and well.

He lifting up a pad as he casually examined his nails, the words of the boy flowing over his ears as he smiled. "I thought no one would miss me once.." he said, "Boy was I surprised." He grinned down at the snowy hued pack member as he dropped his paw down and examined the claws on the other foot for a moment before he paused and thought about the question the boy had presented him with. Dropping his paw back down he shrugged, "I don't know, do I have to have a place picked out yet?" He smirked suddenly, "It's not like anyone would want something like me hanging about anyways.." he said casually. He'd been so use to the split view on what he was that coming back here he'd expected everyone to turn away.
[html]

Something better? Well no, not exactly. At least, not that Apollo knew of. There was a possibility, but the youth hadn’t been too far from home in order to discover that. Maybe nothing would satisfy him and he would find himself returning to Twilight Vale. Or maybe something else would suit him better. "Possibly," he answered, unsure himself. From their vantage point on Halcyon, Apollo looked out over the land that stretched away from them. Somewhere out there Twilight Vale was nestled. In that same expanse of land, Apollo would come to discover the thrills and adventure lurking in places yet unexplored for him.

"Something like you?" Apollo asked, turning his mismatched gaze back upon the steel colored hybrid. He eyed him, not accusingly, but curiously, and tried to decipher what he meant. "Does that mean you’re dangerous?" The youth asked with a returning smirk.

[/html]
DaVinci smirked at the words of the youth from Twilight Vale, a soft chuckle rising from his throat as he stood up and stalked towards the ivory lad. Lowering his face close to Apollo's he asked. "You know, a halfbreed, heartless monster.." Flashing the boy a toothy grin he sighed dramaticly and rolled his eyes. "The looks do me in you know.." Quickly moving away from the boy he sniffled the air, testing the scent for any trails of those he might know, the only two he could sense was Naniko's scent and another from his past that seemed to cling to the pack's that coated the boy.

Settling back he asked. "Don't I look dangerous to you?" with a glint in his eyes as he watched the boy, suddenly a thought sparked into his mind. "Do you want me to be dangerous?" He was laid back now, but once he was a hatefilled thing, that quality still rested within him he'd just left it to lie dormant for the past few seasons while he didn't have to worry what the world thought, there was only himself to care for.. but now it seemed that in this rural world he was back where he started.. fighting to show the world he was something more than a blood thirsty coyote.. no, he was more, he had no love for either side to his halfbreed heritage... once those eyes judged him without knowing him.
[html]

A monster. When had Apollo heard that before? He tried to think back. Oh, that’s right. His own mind had been thinking that when the youth came across Samael in the city. Monster. "I don’t want you to be anything," Apollo told him, his tail curling around his haunches as he made to sit down. "Well, maybe I do want you to be something," Apollo decided. A friend. Was that the right term though? No. An accomplice.

He blinked his mismatched eyes, thinking once again to his brother. He wondered why he was so lively all of the time. They didn’t have much to be grateful for. They didn’t even have a normal family. His brother, in fact, stunk of something strange; Coyote, though Apollo didn’t realize it yet. Their own mother was a whore, and their father was too concerned with other things to pay them the attention they deserved. Or at least, that’s how Apollo saw it. "An outlaw." With me, he added in his head.

[/html]
DaVinci raised a brow at the youth with a lazy look in his eyes as the younger male told him that he didn't want him to be anything. A slight grin spread across his maw as he wondered if anyone would even say that to him again, much less someone so young. He was use to the world wanting him to belong somewhere or be something he wasn't, yet here there was someone offering him nothing and yet expecting nothing.. or so he thought until his next words. Shifting his weight from one leg to the other he chuckled and asked. "Oh?" mildly curious as to what the creamy hued boy wanted him to be.

The word that the boy decided upon brought a spark of amusement to his eyes as he was shifted somewhere back in time where a little heathen brat had spent his time torturing and stressing out the wolves and coyotes of the lands. Flicking his bangs back from his face he asked, "An outlaw? Any reason why?" he'd never really been one to follow the laws so the title actually fit him, but of course he wondered just what the boy's wants for an outlaw in the lands was. "Or.. is that just what comes to mind when you see a long limbed stranger on the trail?" he wasn't taunting the boy, but he did find the choice sadly amusing. "Just what mades an outlaw?" he asked.
[html]

"A reason?" Apollo asked, hesitating as he tried to think. "Well, I’ve decided I’m going to become one of ‘em." And he was, wasn’t he? After all, Apollo had come to the conclusion that he was no longer going to be governed by the established rules of Twilight Vale, or any group. At least, not in this lifetime (so he thought).

"An outlaw follows their own rules," he informed DaVinci, though he wasn’t entirely sure himself. "We can take care of our selves and there ain’t no one who’ll mess with us." He was already starting to refer to them as we, a duo, hoping that DaVinci would decide he might want to be friends with this little youngster. "You just seem like outlaw material," Apollo added, trying to sound more knowledgeable than he was.

[/html]
DaVinci's maw almost split into a grin as the boy gave his reason for why he wanted the hybrid to be an outlaw. He wasn't for certain why the younger generation seemed to flock to him, first a rag tag half sibling, like a burr lodged in his fur on a patch he couldn't reach.. now another. He wasn't going to just push the kid away, he could have found worse beings to shadow. Raising a brow he asked with a mock serious attitude. "That's a big decision to make..." who was he to judge though, he'd been such a serious little monster when he'd presented Naniko with his choice. She could take it again from another young thing out to make it on their own.

The older male smiled softly as he was given a rundown on becoming an outlaw, if he didn't know laready from his own adventures. His slight smile spread into a shit eating grin as he admitted. "I've been a pirate, a monster and a barbarian.. who's to stop us from becoming legendary outlaws.." He could play along with the kid, though deep down he knew he was already viewed as an outlaw in the eyes of the common folk. A small voice in the background cackled as he decided that the two of them might do better together than just any regular old stray roaming out on the lands.
Homg, Apollo is totally on his way to establishing the ebil wolf pack! No I haven't already thought of a name and stuff.... XD[html]

Apollo grinned, satisfied that DaVinci seemed to want to go along with it. He had heard of a monster before, and he thought maybe he had heard the word pirate too, but never a barbarian. He just assumed they were all similar – not wanting to ask and possibly look stupid. "Hmm, well yah know, outlaws have to stake out a place to keep all the things that they have. Not a home, ‘cause outlaws don’t need homes. But like, an outpost!"

He turned, trying to look down at the land that cascaded out below them. He didn’t want his outpost to be anywhere near where the other wolves were. It had to be secluded so that no one would want to go there. Maybe even a place that looked slightly menacing, or dangerous. "Out there," Apollo told him. Looking to the west where the Waste and Drifter Bay was located. "Not near the stupid coyotes, but past ‘em. No one lives there. We could stash our stuff there."

[/html]
The grin of the youth was catching as DaVinci found himself following the lead of someone half his age. The idea of having an outpost made a look of brooding etch across his face, he didn't know a thing about these new lands so he couldn't offer much help but he did agree with the younger of the two. "Yes.. " he admitted, knowing by the look on Apollo's face that he wasn't done plotting.

Turning his eyes to follow the gaze of the cream coated male he grinned at the expansion that spread beyond the mountain. So seriously he spoke of just what he wanted to find, the perfect place for a bunch of outlaws to set their station up. Following the outstretched hand DaVinci caught sight of the bay that seemed so alone out in the distance. A devilish smile spread across his maw, "It's not much to look at.. but we'll have to cheack it out to see how promising it can become." He wasn't for certain on his first day in these lands he'd already developed a partner in crime, or something as close to the idea as can be. Shaking his head at the comment on the coyotes he stated. "They'll never we're even there until we want them to know." with a grin he turned back to the boy and asked. "So when do we begin to stake out our hideaway.."
Wanna have a new thread where they check out Drifter Bay?[html]

It would be quite a trek, but it wouldn’t be too bad. At least, not anymore. Apollo had traveled out on his own. He was an outlaw now. He could do whatever he wanted to, right? "The water’ll protect us below and on the side. And everyone will have to go only one way to get to us. It’ll be perfect."

The pup took a few steps forward, as if it would somehow make his view of the bay better. "Hmm?" The youth turned back towards DaVinci. "When? Well…" he stopped to think. It would be getting dark soon, and Apollo still had intentions of visiting his brother in Shadowed Sun. Maybe he would even brag a bit about becoming an outlaw. "Tomorrow," he decided, looking up at the steel hybrid. "Let’s check it out tomorrow."

[/html]
He grinned at the cunning of the youth as the words he said were wise, a little wise beyond his years but who was DaVinci to judge. With a nod he confirmed the words that the kid had spoken. "I think you've said it all right there.." Davinci knew he'd be a bit foolish to admit to Apollo that he knew nothing of the lands and everything they learned as they explored would be the first time he'd roamed the lands.. but it didn't seem like a bad idea.

DaVinci's stormy eyes lit with amusement again at the demands of the youth but he just nodded and agreed. He wasn't really in any hurry to find his family, and perhaps exploring the lands was something he'd enjoy. Not to mention the plots and plans the boys had could amount to some rather interesting times too. "Alright.. Tomorrow it is then.." he grinned once more as his eyes turned towards the lands they were going to explore.. wondering just what they held.