I can hear myself singing that song
Gemma and the pups had left a couple of days ago, but their scent still filled the master bedroom. Tal opened the window, letting the room air out as he changed the linens on his mattress. It wasn't her scent he was trying to erase, it was the lingering scent of Liam, the lingering scent of her pain and her blood.

He yawned as he carried the dirty linen down the stairs and to the kitchen. He slid open the back door with his foot. He left it partially open anyway, for both Sheba and Ovidu. The tiger was staying with them. It usually slept either in the den or in the spare room. He didn't mind. He liked knowing there was a larger creature around. Myrddin liked him too, in fat Myrddin was the reaon Tal had invited the tiger to live with them.

Tal dunked the sheets in the cistern of rain water, washing them. He used a bar of soap he made from fat and ashes to scrub them clean, then rinsed them out. He hung them over a clothesline made from rope, securing them with several clothespins. He studied the results, yawning again.

After a moment, he sat under the tree in his backyard and closed his eyes. He'd just sit for a moment. Just a....

And he fell asleep.
[html]

Big Grin skye comes along a little while after tal fell asleep

The alpha female knew it was no use to pine over the moment of weakness she had shared with the dark leader of Casa di Cavalieri, but she had done it nonetheless, and now she was reaping the seeds that she had unfortunately sown. None of the blame was placed on the ones now living inside her, however - she was a mother, and a mother cared for her children no matter the circumstances. It was not their fault that she had made a mistake - it was hers, and now she would take care of it the best that she could.

However, she did not find it fair that she was withholding this information from her most trusted member in the pack, Taliesin. He did deserve to know, even if only so that he wouldn't be caught by surprise when she began to show. As it was, she had not begun yet - either her litter was small or the puppies were, or perhaps both; although she noticed the discrepancies within her own body, it was doubtful that others would for a while yet.

As she made her way to Taliesin's house, she pondered the other things that happened - the attack on Gemma, the lack of caring that Anathema showed towards it (not that she was surprised, given how rude their leader had been to her), the trading expedition led by Vasiliy, and Ovidiu, the tiger. She did not trust the tiger fully, yet, but she was reminded of Malachi when she saw him, so she supposed that she could not turn him away, not now that he hadn't done anything wrong.

She finally found herself in view of the house of the Overseer; craning her neck around the house a bit, she could see the white male propped up against a large tree in his back yard, sleeping. She paused then, wondering if it might be better to approach him at a time where he was more... conscious.

<style type="text/css">
.mothjar-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#94cd7b; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.mothjar-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.mothjar-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #94cd7b; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.mothjar-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mothjar-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f9f2ec; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/k1WBh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7e7a77; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e7a77; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
((Poor Tal, I'm gonna pick on him now. LOL))

His dreams were sweet now, but they'd be bittersweet when he woke up. Tameri, Myrddin, Cody, Lena, Brighid, Liadain, and Liam were all pups, were all playing under the shade of the ash tree. Sky, Kira, and himself watched, neither female feeling any jealousy toward the other as they watched the pups play.

A bug landed on his nose, and he idly swatted it. As he did, he felt the ground tilt under him. His eyes flew open as he listed to one side, landing awkwardly on an elbow. He was disappointed to see it had been a dream. He heard a noise, or saw a shadow, perhaps, and he climbed awkwardly to his feet, brushing off his jeans. He could feel his cheeks heating under his fur, and was glad for the white covering.

He sketched a bow in Skye's direction. "M'Lady. How can I help you?" His formal greeting was marred by the dried leaves in his tail and the smudge of dirt on his cheek.
[html]

She smiled as the male appeared to wake, apparently surprised at the fact. She watched as he hastily got up and gave her a formal greeting - perhaps too formal for his current visage. She bowed slightly in respect to him, but also in a teasing manner; he didn't need to be so formal in this situation, particularly because they were both slightly messy and she didn't want anything more than a friendly talk anyway.

"Good day, Taliesin," she said, making her way to where he was so that they were more concealed by the trees around his house. She had always liked the way that his house lay slightly outside Thornbury, encased in trees.

"I was wondering if I could have a moment to speak about a sensitive subject? I'd rather you were not in the dark about it," she said quietly. She did not really have any obligation to tell him, and she did not expect him to do anything about it in particular, but she did want him to at least know, if only it wouldn't be a surprise when she began to show.

<style>
.wordstext p {text-indent:10px; padding:0px 5px 0px 0px; margin: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.wordstext {font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; word-spacing:.5px; letter-spacing:.2pt; line-height:13pt; padding:70px 0px 10px 5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KKBFV.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:365px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
"I was wondering if I could have a moment to speak about a sensitive subject? I'd rather you were not in the dark about it." His blood ran cold. The way she said it made him think Liam had been found, had been executed for his crimes. One one hand it would be a relief the day he heard his oldest son was dead. On the other hand.... He could remember the day Liam and his sisters had been born. Liam wasn't the oldest, though he often thought he had to be.

Tal turned troubled eyes to the leader, studying her face. As he watched her face, he crossed the lawn, opening the hinged gate. He had originally chosen the house for many reasons. His original reason was that it was stone, and therefore wouldn't burn easily. But also for the trees that surrounded his house, for the fact it was part of Thornbury, but protected from view, and for the enclosed back yard. "Come, sit with me. Want anything to drink?"
[html]

She quickly realized what her words sounded like when she saw the fleeting but expressive look on her friend's face. She did not want to worry him, or cause him undue alarm - that was the last thing she wished to do to not only a packmate, but a friend.

"It's nothing bad, I assure you," she insisted quickly, although her mind told her that being pregnant with another alpha's pups was most certainly not good. She then followed the man around to the front of the house - she rather liked Taliesin's house. It was still in the town, but yet surrounded by the beautiful scenery of the forests rather than the stone roads that the rest of the pack was used to.

She followed Taliesin, sitting down with him as he offered her something to drink. "No thank you," she said politely, not revealing her emotions as of yet. And still... she could not continue to delay forever; it was clear that her Councilman was concerned for whatever she had to tell him, and he still had the right to know.

"I just wanted to tell you.. that I am pregnant. I didn't want you to be caught off guard," she said, attempting to make light of the situation, and succeeding, somewhat. She knew it was not as bad as the situation could have been - but still, in her mind, it was a small failure, to herself and the pack; although, the motherly instinct was already kicking in, compelling her to love the little ones inside of her, not yet born.

<style>
.wordstext p {text-indent:10px; padding:0px 5px 0px 0px; margin: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.wordstext {font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; word-spacing:.5px; letter-spacing:.2pt; line-height:13pt; padding:70px 0px 10px 5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KKBFV.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:365px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
She sat and he followed her lead, still somewhat concerned about whatever it was she had to speak with him about. She then dropped a rather large bomb on his head. He looked at her blankly for a moment, then his eyes fell to her. Perhaps he just hadn't seen enough pregnant women, but she didn't look pregnant. Realizing he'd been silent too long, and the air was becoming awkward he spoke, his voice belying his surprise.

"Oh, ah... wow. Thats... that's great. Really." He blinked, and the question fell out before he could stop it. "Where is the dad to be? I'd like to congratulate him too."

That would become even truer after she disclosed the dad to him. The pups inside of her would be his nieces and nephews. It wasn't that he was upset about any of this to begin with, it just wasn't exactly what he expected to hear. Liam's dead, yes. Sky can come back if she behaves, maybe. But that the leader was expecting was almost a physical blow.
[html]

Skye could tell that she had shocked Taliesin with the revelation that she was having pups again. He sat silent, seeming to look down at her belly to see if she was pregnant. It wasn't too far into her pregnancy, but then again, others of her same time had shown more than she was. She supposed ti just had to be a small litter, after all.

When he asked about the father, she grew slightly uncomfortable - she wasn't sure how he would take the news, with Jazper being his brother. Would he be happy? Offended? Angry, even? She did not want to upset one of her closest friends - but she decided that, in the end, it was better to be honest to him than to deceive him in order to make him feel better.

"Well," she said, "The father is.. Jazper?" The statement sounded almost like a question, and the usually strong leader fell into a state of awkwardness. She grinned cheekily at Taliesin, wondering what his response may be.

<style>
</style>[/html]
He blinked for a moment, considered this idea, then blinked again. "Oh." The tone was, at first, a question. Almost. Not really. He didn't want to know specifics. Again, a set of blinks, the question on the tip of his tongue. 'You're sure?' He couldn't and wouldn't ask it. Another set of blinks, and then a grin spread over his face. "I already consider you family, Skye, so that's great. Just took me a moment to wrap my mind around my older brother doing... well, doing that." A nervous chuckle, since the idea was strange. Sure, he had no problem with knowing he'd slept with his half sister (and would in all likelihood do it again if given the chance), but the idea of his older adopted brother having sex was weird to him.

The idea had sank in. His leader was carrying his nieces and/or nephews. His leader would be actual family, tied forever to the Rhiannon bloodline. Because even though Jaz was adopted, he was still family, he still had the right to pass on the family name if he wanted. The grin widened, his voice teasing now. "What a way to cement pack relations, Skye. Most would give horses to do that." She was family now, she had earned the right be be included in the playful teasing.

Yep, the more the idea sank in the more he was at ease with the idea.
[html]

She laughed as Taliesin spoke - she supposed that it would be strange, to discover that your own sibling had made children with a friend of yours, much less a friend that was also your leader. Brief yet unwelcome imagery of Alexander Collins cropped up in her mind, and she banished the thoughts readily - yes, it would be strange indeed. But she was glad that he found humor in the situation, and laughed lightly along with him.

She laughed even more at his joke - well, it was true. It was quite the coincidence that the pups had coincided with Cercatori d'Arte and Casa di Cavalieri's alliance... "Well, what can I say?" she asked lightly. "I suppose Casa di Cavalieri is too special for horses." She gave a wink, and then laughed again - it was good to relieve the tension in her mind and her stomach, and she felt better about the situation already.

<style>
</style>[/html]