Teach me something new
OCC: Forward dated to the 13th
Aylu had taken a break from his duties to take care of Sarian. She was still really young, about a year old now. She had slept for most of the day the first day he had brought her to his home. She had nightmares and he had given her some tea to calm her down and help her sleep better. Two days of nursing her back to health and a day to get to know her. If she was to live with him he had to make sure that she was open with her feelings and kept nothing from him. She was still thin but he would take care of her. It was today he found out what she was made of, if she had skill in anything.

He had a short bow he had carved just because and gave it to her. They had shot arrows at a dead tree and she had shown potential in archery. He had then given her a staff and saw how good she was with that. They spent the better half of the morning testing her mental and physical alertness while they fought. They had then gone to the bookstore that Aylu kept up and he found out she couldn't read or write.

"I really want to learn though. My mother used to read to me all the time. I have always wanted to write," she said as she touched the parchment and paper. Aylu felt that if she wrote down how she felt things would get better for her. "I will teach you anything your heart desires. I want you to be happy Sarian," he said to the girl before hugging her. He felt her stiffen then relax, her arms hugging his torso. "I will be your father Sarian. I will love you," he whispered before releasing her. "That reminds me. I have to give a girl about your age a journal for her drawings and writings. You can help me make them if you want. Maybe meet someone in the pack while we rest on the steps. I can teach you how to write your name in ink. Not too hard. Then you can learn the alphabet," he said as he watched Sarian's puzzled expression
The trade trip had been exhilarating and frightening. Dalgina wasn't one to reach out to others. It was difficult for her to do so. She had managed to reach out and speak to a pack though, despite the shake in her voice. It was frightening, but somehow Dalgina had been strong enough to do it. The small wolf was glad to be home again. It was funny. She had never thought the pack would become her home, but it was now. Tehu flew overhead as she walked through the pack, humming happily as she moved. Her new tattoo seemed to have given Dalgina a share of Tehu's courage.

Seeing the bookstore Dalgina changed direction. She didn't quite remember, but she thought she had seen some loose paper in there to use. Aylu stayed there. Reaching the door Dalgina slipped in as quietly as the night she was named after. Tail swaying she moved through gracefully, pausing as she spotted Aylu, and someone she didn't know. Dalgina wished to speak with him, but the girl's presence held her back. Tehu landed on her shoulder gracefully, a slight flurry from his wings sending things stirring. Absently she stroked him as she moved closer, not yet speaking.
Aylu heard the door creak and the boards squeak. He turned as Sarian pulled back into shadow. She was shy, afraid of new wolves. "Dalgina! I was just talking to you. I was going to teach Sarian how to make you your book. I was also going to teach her how to read and write. Do you know how to read and write?" he asked with a smile. Sarian came up behind him and looked at Dalgina. "Is she the girl you were talking about? She won't hurt me will she?" asked Sarian and Aylu pulled her out from behind him. "Dalgina meet Sarian... my adopted daughter. Sarian was part of the pack before but came back to us after being away. She needs friends and wolves to call family. Will you be her friend?" he asked looking at the bird on Dalgina's shoulder.

Sarian walked up to Dalgina slowly, eyes low, tail curled under her. Aylu watched Sarian reach out to touch her. How would Dalgina react to Sarian? How would Sarian react to Dalgina. "Friend?" said Sarian holding out her paw to Dalgina.
Her head cocked as Aylu spoke. They were talking about her? Immediately her ears flattened, withdrawing her form even further. She didn't feel very comfortable knowing that they were talking about her. Dalgina didn't know how to respond to that in the slightest. So they were making the sketchbook Aylu had talked about. That would be nice. She still wore the necklace he'd given her, though it was now joined with her own clumsy pendant necklace. She shook her head. Dalgina could read a little, but that was about it.

Hurt her? Dalgina rapidly shook her head. I won't hurt you. Her eyes grew wide, hearing that Sarian was once part of Ichika. Dalgina didn't really remember the pack anymore, just that she had been part of it. Meeting someone that had lived there before was interesting. Dalgina felt she should know her, but she didn't. Frustrating. Dalgina looked at the outreached paw, considering it. Tehu spread his wings, immediately letting out a chirp, telling Dalgina to stop standing there and make a friend. Nodding her head Dalgina reached out, their hands touching. Okay.
Aylu watched the girls become friends. He was happy to see Sarian make a friend. She needed them. "Dalgina you had something you wanted to talk to me about? You seem bothered," he said as he walked around the bookstore and picked off books that taught letters and how to write. He had a lot to teach and little time to do it. "Do you know how to read and write Dalgina? I was going to teach Sarian how to read and write. Then we were going to take a break and make sketchbooks. Would you like to join us?" he asked as he went back to the girls.

Sarian's tail wagged happily and Aylu smiled and nipped her neck playfully. She was going to be a great warrior and artist. He was going to pass down all he knew to the girl and he knew Dalgina could learn a lot from him too. The girls could be his pupils. He had a lot to teach and a lot to give
She shook her head, Tehu's wings fluttering a little as he shifted for balance. The kestrel looked over the pup with some curiosity before lifting up and flying to a bookcase. It was a dusty room for the bird to be in, but he was used to such things. Dalgina entered these buildings all the time. The ones where Hotaru and Dalgina lived was by far his favorite, open and clean, rather than closed off and dusty. He was loyal though, and stayed with her.

Nodding her head she stepped over, looking with curiosity at the books that were there. She didn't know what they said, but she was definitely eager to learn. She hadn't seen anyone in her family really read. A couple times she'd come across it, but mainly they were involved in other things. She as well had interests lying in other directions, spending her days painting and drawing. The tattoo she had was beautiful, and Dalgina wished for more, liking the jewelry she had taken to wearing, even if it wasn't quiet.