[DND]Dedication
[html]

Short but not really much to write here.

Word Count → 211

Neela’s hands were held down by her sides in a motion that was both casual and forced at the same time but her nervousness could be clearly seen if one looked closely by the constant tapping of her fingers against her thighs, the collie’s tendency to develop a tic whenever she was nervous shining through even now.

She had honed her skills, sat – or floated as it was – through her night of reflection and retrieved a chunk of fluorite from the old human mine. Not it was time for her to take the vow, to join the brotherhood and dedicate herself to the protection of the week and those who could not protect themselves.

Neela’s fur was still damp from her night sent soaking but the walk up, along with several sessions of shaking along the way, had gone some way towards drying her off and she had combed the worst of the mess down with her claws. She looked far from her best but was hopefully presentable.

All too soon she had reached the war room and was standing outside the door, a solid door of thick wood behind which her leader waited for her. Neela took a deep breath and strode forwards, pushing open the door as she went.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]
[html]
OOC:So...close...to being caught up! / +300

Neela had surprised the Sole when she had approached him about joining the Brotherhood. He didn’t doubt she had the potential and the heart but it had only been recently that she had been a wreck over her mothers attack. Since then he had noticed she had taken to practicing her fighting very passionately almost to the point of obsession. But he had naturally agreed to her request to join. Although Jazper was a leader he cared deeply for those of his pack that reached out to him and if this was what Neela wanted to do he would fully support her and encourage her in her wishes. After all, she was to be his future daughter-in-law. So he sat on the large stone table waiting, tapping his sword absentmindedly against it.

He heard her footsteps briefly before the door was pushed open, giving him enough time to casually stand up straight before she entered. Her appearance almost made him chuckle, Tony and Enzo had been sure to look their best but Neela was not as concerned about looks. With a large smile he greeted her, Neela! Come, take a knee on the steps. He instructed gently as he made his way to the top of the landing. As she took her place he spoke only a question, What did you ponder over during your vigil? He hadn’t asked his sons this question but he thought that it might give him some more insight into Neela’s desires and perhaps even her history. It was important that he knew that her emotions were in the right place and that she had healed enough from her encounter with her mother to make such a decision.

<style type="text/css">
.j-a-z b {font-weight:bold; color:#d09c51; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d1304; }
.j-a-z p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.j-a-z {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4c3622; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yv53H.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c09d6b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.j-a-z p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.j-a-z p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
OOC Post for missing post.

[Neela entered the room and bowed down, answered Jazper's question. She went on a bit of a rant, talking about how she had lost everything about her old life and family (father died before her birth, son is dead, mother tried to kill her, hometown WOULD kill her and burn the body if she went back) and declared that Casa and by closer extension Tony, were her family now and she wanted to fight to protect them. Also mentioned how she had previously been afraid of her anger and tried to purposely sabotage her fighting skills but now acknowledges that the way forwards is to hone both her skills and her control over her mind. Her body language during this is confident with slight hitches during sad parts]
[html]
OOC: / +300

Both of the Casa residence took their places for the ceremony, Jazper standing in a relaxed position on the platform and Neela bowing on the steps. Although not one to push for hierarchy the sun king believed that for such an important ritual there needed to be structure, his place above the oath maker’s head and their display of respect adding to the oath of loyalty. He hadn’t expected her to be so forward and honest with her answer, most others opting to generalize. Coal ears leaned forward clearly listening as she spoke, his muzzle never once opening, as he remained silent out of respect. He could sympathize with the loss of parents, he had lost both of his at the ripe age of 6 months, but he couldn’t imagine the community you were born into, let alone a parent you were born to, turning on you.

Smiling softly he nodded, he considered Neela a member of the Knight family and considered all Casa members under his protection and within his circle. For a leader he deeply cared about the individuals within his pack, sharing his love with all of them and encouraging them with their endeavors as he would his own sons and daughters. Neela was around the same age of Jazper, in fact she was a few months older, and they both had the experience that only age could allow, there was no doubt in his mind that she would take the Oath seriously, following it with her entire heart as he did. Pointing to the elaborate canvas with the words delicately written on the wall he spoke only to guide her, You know you are part of my family Neela. As much as any of my blood. The words are on the wall if you would.

<style type="text/css">
.j-a-z b {font-weight:bold; color:#d09c51; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d1304; }
.j-a-z {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4c3622; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yv53H.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c09d6b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Fun Fact: Neela’s middle name is her Father’s name. She doesn’t know this and never will.

Neela smiled at Jazper’s words and nodded silently, her eyes drifting past him to seek out the canvas which held the oath before she tilted her head down, muzzle facing the floor.”I, Neela Juan Garcia promise to my Sole and Luna to serve them with absolute loyalty. I will face the world without fear of my enemies or the darkness. Be brave and love all others so that they may love me. I will speak the truth always, even if it means death. Protect the helpless and do no evil. This is my oath” The collie’s voice was oddly formal as she spoke, devoid of the usual accent and cut words that peppered her speech . It took an effort to speak like this – unlike how she slipped automatically into formal speech when she was angry – but the ceremony felt to solemn for her usual tones.

Afterwards she remained bowed, not quite sure what to do. Her head tilted slightly up and she opened her eyes, silently questioning Jazper as to what she was supposed to do now.

<style type="text/css">
.risinghope b {font-weight:bold; color:#a38750; letter-spacing:.5px}
.risinghope p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.risinghope {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#471e00; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/1vif8.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #885004; padding: 330px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a27e36; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
178+

[/html]
[html]
OOC: / +300

Many of those who wished to join the Brotherhood memorized the Oath, while others simply read it off the canvas, but it was expected that they knew the worth and meaning of the words, the Oath was binding and Jazper would expect every member of the Brotherhood to follow him without question. It was a huge sacrifice of the individual for the pack. The position meant prestige within the pack, respect and rank but it also meant that they would put their life on the line for others, and that they were expected to portray Casa di Cavalieri a certain way to others. Although around the pack the Sun King was very well known for being a kind and gentle man, even playful, when it came to the Oath he kept a soft smile and held his tongue, expressing himself in the same formal manner Neela held, encouraging the seriousness of the situation.

He listened to the words that were carefully spoken, taking in each sentence as the dogmix spoke them. As she finished and looked up to him questioningly he brought his large hands together on the handle of his claymore and ever so gently tapped each shoulder of the red women. I accept your Oath on behalf of the Leadership. You are a strong woman Neela, very capable of representing your pack. You may raise, a Knight of Casa. Extending a large hand, palm up, he offered to help her up with a warm smile. He was proud of Neela. She had come into the pack a mere fisher and here she was, a Knight in every right and becoming more a part of the pack than ever before.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]