ghosts of tomorrow
He didn't know why exactly it had been Naniko he'd come looking for first, but he probably owed her that atleast. The hybrid stood along the edge of the packlands as he walked the border, wondering just who he'd find inside that edge of their world. He'd caught the scent of his sister sibling as he'd moved closer to the lands and he knew by thatmuch that she resided within this pack's lands. He sighed and flicked back his long bangs as the grey silver creature walked along the line that reminded him so much of another place that had been home long ago and yet wasn't his home at all. He closed his steele eyes and shook his head as he settled down on his haunches.

He knew returning to these lands he shouldn't feel so out of place, yet a part of him knew that he'd never felt like he'd belonged beforehand, when these lands were his home. Then there had really only been one place for those like him and overseas he'd discovered that those lines really didn't exist, atleast not on the sea. He'd seem that look of the purebreed canines in other lands but none had openly opposed the male. Here, he wasn't sure what to expect now, was he returning to the way his life once was.. dark, angry and betrayed.. or could be be the brooding mysterious boy his younger sibling so teased him as being. Only time would tell.
[html]

Conri had left, so she was alone again. There were certain things about a quiet night by herself that Naniko did enjoy, but other times she wished that she had some company. She couldn't expect the pack members to want to stand around and entertain her whenever she felt like it; even Savina and Lucifer had lives of their own. She had been so reliant on Conri...maybe it hadn't been healthy. He had been kidnapped before, but this time things felt different. She didn't want to be by herself, but at the same time she didn't want him to come back.

She opened her eyes, putting her feet down onto the ground and walking toward the door of the mansion. Maybe a run would do her some good...make her tired enough to take a nap. After that the rest of the day would fly by. She couldn't wait for the pups to arrive; then she would have something to do, at least.

She started to run, a slow lope across Twilight Vale, making arcs around certain objects. At her second trip around the lake she paused, her tongue rolling out of her mouth to one side as she panted and stared. Someone was nearby. Her hackles raised at the unfamiliar smell, lips raising to show one pointed tooth. She was by herself, without Conri...but she didn't need him to protect the borders. She could do that much, at least. The girl approached and sat a few yards away, brows knitting with confusion. "I know you"

[/html]
He'd been waiting, but it didn't seem like he had to wait as long as he thought he would when barrelling around the bend came a form he'd remember no matter how long he'd gone without seeing her. He stood there as she waitched him, seeing the heckles rising on her neck as she bared the point of her fangs at him, calmly with those strangers eyes he just watched silently. He saw some strange dawning cross her face as she spoke, her words laced with confusion as she stated exactly what he knew. He dipped his steele hued head as a sad bitter smile lit across his lips. "And you've forgotten me too it seems.." he said with a small bit of resentment in his voice. The high pitched annoying voice of a child long absent, now replaced with a deep low quake that didn't seem to belong in his coyote's frame.

Moving towards her and stepping into a patch of sunlight the once little boy that raised hell and had given his adopted sister a run for her sanity stood proud as he waitched her with knowing eyes, wondering if she would remember just who he was after all. He'd been places and seen things she'd only dream of and yet he was home now. These were not the lands he once knew but for now they would do justly.
[html]

"I'm not that old" She said, grinning. "What, Mom forgot you?" The girl came forward, reaching a paw up to knock him on the shoulder at the joke. She hadn't really forgotten him...she just wanted to make sure that what she was seeing was really Davinci, and not anything or anyone else. It was hard to tell these days; she'd heard tales of ghosts coming to haunt certain wolves. And it had been such a long time. A year, maybe?

"You've gotten huge." Naniko nodded, motioning toward the packlands. "You comin' inside for a visit?"

[/html]
He grinned at her as she called back at him on the comment on her age. A smirk spread across his lips as he shook his head and tried to duck away from the knock on his shoulder. "You're a lot older than me.." he joked as he skittered around her on his long limbs. "Mom didn't forget me, she doesn't even know I'm back yet.." he admitted as he stared off towards the lands he knew she was living within. He hated to believe that even now he still hadn't exactly forgiven his mother for the past.

He stopped his pattering and preening aobut like an overexcited child when she commented on his looks. Tossing his bangs from his eyes he made a sound of disagreement, "You'd think that.. I still look like a coyote." In his eyes he'd never be large enough, he'd never weigh enough, he'd never look right in half the eyes of those he met. Turning his eyes towards the territory that spread before them he sighed softly and nodded. "I guess.. who all's around.." he asked slightly nervous, hoping that a whole slew of memories from his past weren't about to come thundering through the lands.
[html]

"Not too much older--less than a year!" She retorted, turning to head back into Twilight Vale. She had wondered a lot about the things that had occurred between Davinci and Iskata before, but hadn't ever asked him about it. He had never been very interested in her past, and she didn't want to make him feel like he had to tell her those intimate details...especially if they were bad memories, ones that he was trying to forget.

"A few old faces...but mostly new ones. You might have met Lucifer before, but that'd be it...I think. Conri left a little while back, but you'll have some nieces and nephews running around here in a month or so. Are you planning on sticking around anywhere permanent? If you ever get into trouble, you know you can always come here" She doubted that he'd want to actually join, or anything like that, after going so long without a pack, but some refuge and relaxation every once in a while could be good for a wolf.

[/html]
DaVinci raised a brow at his sibling as she seemed outraged that he'd called her old. Snorting softly at her comment he chuckled after a moment when she seemed to verify how old she was at the mention of the upcoming birth of her puppies. "I thought you weren't too much older than I.. going to be a mother now?" He grinned a toothy grin and taunted her softly. "So how's Iskata taking it..." He normally wouldn't have asked about the rest of their family but he had been gone for a while, he wasn't even for certain who besides his mother and Naniko had survived the fires that seemed to have stole their old world away. "..and the rest of the family?" He didn't mind calling his younger half sibling by name but he refused to speak of Phoenix, his anger sparked still at the thought that the one time alpha of Storm would believe that he'd kidnapped his own sister.

His eyes followed Naniko's into the lands of Twilight Vale as they began to walk past the border, his fur raised slightly about being back within packlands, still uneasy after a life of feeling like all eyes were turned on him, expecting the worst from him. "No.." Turning his troubled eyes to Naniko he spoke softly. "I'm not ready for the stares, I'm not ready for everyone who sees what they see and nothing past my appearance. I'm not sure if I ever will be.." He really wasn't certain if there'd be a life out there for him, of clan or pack where he'd be accepted, though atleast he could watch from the sidelines and see though.
[html]
ooc:

So far things had been going pretty well in Twilight Vale. They had enough members that she wasn't worried about taking it easy during her pregnancy. And she knew that Savina had a close watch on the borders, though, so no tresspassers would get through without their knowing. There were times when the dark fem was asleep, though, or busy...so Naniko often took short watches during those times.

"You're old enough to be a father. That's kind of scary to think about. Not...that you'd be a bad father. I just mean that it seems like no time had passed since you decided to go" She had heard about the adventures he'd been going on, the places he had seen...but she wanted more details. "There are places that no one goes...some of the outer territories. And the city Halifax. Maybe you could find some place that suits you" They were nearing the house, now, and the building loomed up ahead. "You gonna tell me what you were up to?"

[/html]
DaVinci rolled his eyes at the words his sibling granted him, a soft chuckle rose from his throat as he shot back. "I've already taken my turn raising a kid.. Firefly was more than enough for me, stubborn, bossy, wild and into everything..." He was quiet a moment as he thought about his kid sister he'd taken under his wing grudgingly at first, but over time growing to some sortof strange fatherly figure in her life. His stormy eyes turned towards Naniko as he teased. "Don't think I'll be letting your spoiled brats be calling me uncle either. That makes me seem even older than I am." he said with a grin.

When Naniko spoke of the lay of the lands and all the places he could go DaVinci wasn't for certain if he even knew what he was doing with himself. He'd hardly been in the lands a moment and one of her own pack's children had clung to him like a burr. He decided not to bring up the subject with Naniko, knowing that she'd begin to worry and fret about the small boy like all mothers. His eyes turned towards the north as he thought about her words before shaking his head. "I don't know.. I'll probably just roam and sleep where my paws fall for the night until I find someplace that suits.." he was pulled from his thoughts as the older of the mass of Sadira children that had clung to Iskata through blood or adoption asked him a question that seemed to burst from inside.

He grinned at her as they approached the house, his voice teasing as he asked. "What me? I wasn't up to anything.. just trying my hand at some different trades.. " he raised his eyes up to the heaven as he tried to go for the innocent look as he rattled off oh so boringly the events of his past life away from home. "Dabbled in being a deckhand.. played savages in an wolf clan in Eire, ported all along the Europe coast... met a million faces and broke a hundred hearts.." his grin flashed quickly as he shrugged. "You know.. the everyday life of a little brother.." He'd been joking for the most part about the last bit. He hadn't been carefree with his heart or his lusts. The male had never really adjusted to believing that anyone could look past his bloodlines, past his looks to see the dark brooding youth below. Sure once or twice he'd taken a girl(or boy) by the hand, but more than once it had been the other way around and in shocked amazement he'd been wanted for who he was if only for a moment or two. Even with the truth he still didn't believe he was something that could be loved outside the views of a family.
[html]
ooc:

"She sounds a lot like you. I think those traits run in the family; Ember's been over here with injuries more times than I can count. I'm the Practitioner here, the healer wolf." She nodded. They had their own herb shed and a garden, too, for growing things fresh. Naniko hoped that they would never have to leave the packlands for any reason; she wasn't sure if she could carry that many bottles and jars with her.

"Just stay out of trouble and you'll be okay. There's a lot of trouble to get into around these lands." So far Twilight Vale had managed to keep out of danger's way...no one from her pack had been killed or injured, that she knew of. Conri had, but he had left a while back. And his injury had been coyote-related, but not war-related, really. "So I'm the first one you visited, huh?" She asked. "Our pack was pretty far away from everyone else, until Dahlia de Mai and Esper Hollow formed"

[/html]
DaVinci made a rather rude sound at the words Naniko spoke as he wrinkled his nose, "Yeah, what great traits to have.." He hated to admit what she said was true, but the truth was seen in eachothers eyes. He shook his head and frowned at the name she dropped. Pausing for a moment he admitted. "I don't really remember the rest of the family... Phoenix didn't really want me around too much.." he shrugged after saying the words, not really wanting to think about the male that his mother had taken as mate. The male who had frowned at his every move he hadn't caught sight of scent of along the lands his mother seemed to have claimed... he hadn't thought much of the guy though.. so he didn't really care.

He raised a brow at Nani as she told him to stay out of trouble he asked her with a devilish grin, "What, me? Trouble?" so innocent were the words, yet she knew how horrible he'd been as a kid. A shrug of his shoulders was really all he granted to the truth she teased him with. "I know.. I passed the other lands.. I just didn't feel like making myself known face to face with the whole family yet..." He wasn't for certain just how spread out their family was but he knew they all obviously hadn't settled in one pack. He shook his head at the thought of a whole pack of Sadiras and didn't want that coming to mind again.
[html]
ooc:

"I only really got to know them a few months ago, when Phoenix fell ill. One of his children was saying that he was dead...Kansas, I think, but I don't know. I haven't seen him anywhere, but I won't say that he's dead. You never know." She wouldn't believe that someone was dead unless she saw it with her own eyes. She'd thought that Magdalena was dead, and had wondered about Davinci for a while, too. But both of them had ended up being alive after all...safe and sound.

"I won't say a thing. Promise. Do you want to come inside for a bit?

[/html]
He shrugged at the words she said and stared off towards the large house. "Better he's gone.. if he just walked away.. then hopefully he won't return. I wouldn't want to be here if he returned, atleast not when he faces mother.." His dark stormy eyes glittered with amusement at the idea of what would befall the man that had disappeared. If he was dead then atleast Iskata had suffered and recovered, but if he was alive and returned.. he'd enjoy watching his mother wring someone else a new one.

Flicking his ears back awkwardly he shook his head sadly and turned back towards his sibling. "Not now.. I have other affairs to attend to.. " like finding his shadows, the darker one and the new lighter shadow. He smiled to himself that he'd just lost Firefly as his tag-a-long and now he'd aquired Apollo. The dark hued male didn't mind, atleast it gave him something to occupy himself with, a friend of sorts, though he wondered if the boy really could see past what he was.. or just wanted to be different.