See the fallout...
[html] Fritz, Ethereal Eclipse

Leaving the sanctity of the Berwick orchard was not a common thing for the lone wolf. She had found a place among the new trees, despite their need for pruning before the next year’s harvest. Yet there was little that she could do for them now. Their limbs were heavy, laden with fruit children and ruffled with leaves. Anu could imagine picking more apples then there were beasts in the world to eat them at the beginning of Fall. It could take till winter to pick them all, the wolfess predicted.

But the orchards did not hold much prey, the smaller rabbits and mice had been driven off by their canine presence and so Anu sought the sprawling lands to the south for sustenance. South, but not west. The female had no intention of going near the lands of the old pack, the memories to harsh for her mind to handle. She pushed herself to believe she was content in their new home, a quite place where she and Tayui could spend the rest of their days. Anu thought of the woman often as she ventured further from Berwick, wondering what she was doing and if she was safe.

Her worries were not justified, and just silly thoughts that kept her away from the past and focused on the general present. Light paws tapped through the wild undergrowth, her nose halfheartedly seeking the scents of prey around the bend and twists the path of trees created. She needed her focus even more, and drove her paws to pick up speed and swiveled her ears forward to catch even the slightest sound of mice scuttling.

[/html]
[html]
OOC / +000

Although the leader's had told everyone to stay inside the borders, Fritz had a sinking feeling that he knew who had done such a thing to one of his packamtes. Toby or Fang or whatever he wanted to call himself seemed to have done it, like he had hurt Fritz's mate. Though he hoped not since he had told Selene that he, Toby, was trying control his alter ego, which to Fritz sounded like a cop-out.

So he was going to try and hunt this male down and get some answers from him. Fritz figured that there was little he needed to worry about since he was so tall and big. But just to be sure, he had his whole arsenal of weapons, his two swords, several knives, and his favorite, a massive two-handed mace. Though he did hope that nothing would come of this but he would be ready if it did.

Yet, on a whim, he decided to swing by his second home, Crimson Dreams to see if anyone was still there. He entered the area cautiously and gave a sniff. There was someone there and he went to investigate. Ahead of him, he saw the woman, Anu, who had greeted him and Selene, He softly called out to her, Anu? Its me, Fritz Earl. I joined Crimson Dreams with my mate, Selene.

table by Nat

<style type="text/css">
.free-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#244658; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #ffffff; }
.free-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.free-02 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#c5c8cf; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JvZpt.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #244658; padding: 7px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Arial; font-size:14px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.free-02 p {text-indent:25px; }
.free-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.free-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

The lean female trekked through the woodlands, having little luck on the side of hunting. Her mind was so focused on the task that she missed the signs that would have warned her that there was another in the Ethereal Eclipse. His scent came just prior to his appearance. The stature of the dog caused the loner to pause instantly in her step, but once she recognized his distinct form and pelt pattern she was not fearful. He spoke her name, questioning if it was truly the Anu he once knew of Crimson Dreams.

Yes of course. Hello Fritz. She replied, taking a few steps closer as she did so. A smile formed to her face, and she found it comforting to have met him once more. He and his mate had not lived in the Dreaming pack long before the disbandment, but according to his scent he had found another home. It was a great relief for the guilt ridden woman, and her smile was honest. It is good to see you. I hope you and Selene are well. She could not forget the pair.

[/html]
He could see that at first his sheer size caused her to stop for a moment but she seemed to recognize him and came closer to him. Fritz dismounted his horse and waited next to Aston, petting the large Shire stallion's mane as he stood there. The horse gave a slight neigh that Fritz understood to mean 'Are we done yet?' Fritz replied in high speech, "For now, boy." The horse gave a nod-like gesture and Fritz grinned at his steed.

But when Anu approached and acknowledged that she did indeed recognize him and gave him a grin, Fritz responded with a friendly grin. His horse nosed him in the shoulder and he laughed. "This big boy is Aston." Aston gave whine in greeting, or he thought so. Anu hoped that he and Selene were well and he nodded. "We are. It took us a bit to find a home but we decided to settle up north in one of the new packs that have formed. How about you, Anu? Are you still here or have you settled somewhere else?" He was concerned for her well being and not just being polite. Maybe she would want to move to Vinátta
[html]

Anu sat, for the tilt of her head upwards to look at the large dog causing her to strain. Her smile continued as she looked at the introduced horse. He was quite large, a size necessary for the dog that rode him. Anu was used to seeing such steeds, but she had never ridden on one herself. She was quite happy to keep Engelmann’s company but she did wish for anything more from her own pony.

There was a great relief to know that he and his mate were settled, and happy. That had been what Anu thought about since she had last seen Fritz, and it was a very consuming ideal. She nodded, Yes, we found a small farm between the d’Arte pack and Casa di Cavalieri. Anu paused, and then exhaled, It is home for now.

She was curious about the back he spoke of. To the east and north were lands that Anu had not explored before. She had only heard stories, and humors of the packs that had claimed those lands. The trek out there was a great journey for her, and her priorities had always been much closer to home. Tell me about this pack? What are you called?

[/html]
They grey colored female seemed amused by his horse's behavior and Fritz gave Aston a mock glare, though he wasn’t at all upset with his horse and quickly gave the large horse a rub on the nose. To which, Aston gently bumped his head against his rider's shoulder. He was good horse and surprisingly gentle considering his size, much like his master Fritz supposed. They made a good pair, with Aston seeing him at his best and at his worse. They had been through thick and thin together and the large stallion had proven his worth many times over.

Anu told him that they had found a place to stay between the artistic pack and his first home. He had no real animosity towards his old home, except being upset with Hadley and Ismeme for hurting his mate. The reason he was wary of settling there was the fact that it would do who knows how much harm to Selene, harm that he would need to heal. Not that he minded helping his love but he'd prefer if he didn’t need to. "We? Who is staying with you?" His tone was friendly and curious.

The female asked him to tell her some about the pack and what it was called and he easily obliged her. "The pack is called Vinátta. It is very new and is based on Norse traditions of the founding members. The leaders are Saul Stormbringer and Lilin Soulstorm. I must admit there isn’t a whole lot I can say since I haven’t been there terribly long. But Selene and I like it there." He was and he was sure that Selene was happy there as well.
[html]

Anu thought about her small band of lone wolves. Even though she had called herself unfit to lead she was still in charge of the small group. They were her sons and it was natural for them to look to her for guidance, but she had not expected Cassia to join them. Nor had she imaged Tayui coming to stay with them. Though, the pale woman that Anu spent her days with was something special, a dream that she had had for sometime. There was still a bit of disbelief that ran through the gray wolfess when she saw Tayui waiting for her and Anu needed to remind herself that it was indeed true.

My sons Oak and Cypress. Cassia too, she had only been in the pack a few weeks. Anu explained, a smile still on her face. As well as another female, Tayui. I have known her for many years. Eyes looked away but her smile grew just slightly. She reflected for a passing second and then pushed her eyes to return to Fritz.

She glad that the pair was content in their new home. Anu could stop worrying about them, and her list of names was shortened by two. There were still ex-Dreamers out there that were likely alone and wayward. She couldn’t accept the fact that in the end she would not know if they all made it to a new home safely, for all she knew the Marino family hadn’t even made it across the ocean.

I hope you find contentment there. I had always wished that for you and Selene in Crimson Dreams., Anu replied with a tone a bit less energetic. She did not know what Norse was, but having traditions always gave a sturdy foundation during a pack’s establishment. It sounds like a pleasant place. Anu added, her fragile smile returning.

[/html]
She explained whom she was with and Fritz watched the leader of Crimson Dreams carefully. He wasn't aware that Anu had sons but wasn't surprised. She was certainly old enough to have at least one. His reaction towards Cassia was neutral since he didn’t know her though he was sure he had passed her in Crimson Dreams. Though he caught the smile about this Tayui and was mildly amused though he wasn’t sure what their relationship was or is. "So you're not alone? That is good."

He gave her a large smile and a thankful nod. "Thank you. I believe we will find contentment there." At it being pleasant, he nodded and asked, "If you ever wish to know more, ask for me at the borders." He also wanted to invite her to join Vinátta but didn’t want to impose. But he did ask, "Do you plan on joining a pack? Either alone or with most of your group? You'd be welcome in Vinátta." There. His invitation. He only hoped that she would but would not push her to join. He did hope that she would find a home like he and Selene did. Fritz knew that Anu had led the Dreamers for a long time and might like a home without the stress of leadership.
[html]

No, they were not alone. They had one another and in that need for companionship they had not yet been abandoned by a single member of their mock-family. She nodded at his question, agreeing to both. She was not alone, and that was indeed a good thing. If she had been without her sons, Anu did not know where she would have drifted off to. And, if she did not have Tayui… Anu was certain she would have drifted away in a different way. Her presence gave the gray woman a meaning that went beyond motherhood.

They all deserved happiness, such was a belief that Anu had held for most of her life. They all needed peace, and they needed contentment. The Dane and his mate were no exception to the rule, and Fritz explained that they believed that it was the place where they would find their place in life and grow together. As he spoke she got a wave of nostalgia, thoughts of the new friendly pack made her think of their previous home. The Dreamers had always been welcoming…

I do not know yet. The others are free to join a pack, if it is what they would like. She smiled, Thank you, it is good to know that there would be friendly faces waiting for them. Anu did not know much about the other newer eastern packs, but she had been given the notion that they were not as welcoming as Fritz made Vinátta out to be. But I do not know if a pack is waiting for me along my path. It is hard to imagine a pack, and it not being Crimson Dreams. Anu confessed.

[/html]
OOC: Want to wrap this up pretty soon?

IC: Anu nodded in agreement with what he said and Fritz was glad that she seemed to be content with those that she trusts. "Do you miss leading?" His question was purely curious and he regarded her with curiosity. He assumed that for many canines it would be a bit difficult to let go of leading and yet feel free that they didn't have so many canines to look after.

She seemed unsure about joining a pack and he gave a reassuring grin. "Well, let us hope that you can find some place where you can feel like home. Even if its not with a pack or with my home, Anu." About there being friendly faces in Vinátta, he nodded. "It helps to know someone in the pack when you join. When Selene and I left Casa di Cavaleri, we didn’t know anyone from Crimson Dreams. But we were welcomed there nonetheless and enjoyed our time there very much." He flashed her a big, grateful grin.

He gave her a sympathetic grin. "When you find a home, it tends to get imprinted on you very strongly." For him, home wasn’t a place but a person, his mate Selene. If home was were the heart is and his heart was with Selene than she was home.