[p] but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey
[html]

Ithiel is by Raze!

The lean summer was not so terrible for Ithiel. He did not hunt large game on his lonesome: instead, the dust-furred coyote preferred to chase after smaller prey. Rabbits and birds were felled easily enough by a single arrow, whereas he might not get close enough to loose a quarrel at a deer, and even if he did, there was no guarantee of death. Something about leaving a creature to struggle, mortally wounded, to their death left an uneasy feeling within Ithiel, and this, too, was part of the reason he did not hunt large prey with his bow and arrow.

Today, however, only a brief gallop through the marshes atop Lystra had yielded a catch of two rabbits and a strange, fat bird he could not identify. On plucking all of the feathers off and taking a bite of the raw, still-warm meat, the dusky-furred hybrid thought it tasted rather a lot like chicken. He sat on the porch of the mansion, munching at his bird. The rabbits sat beside him, and Lystra was meandering around the front of the garden, grazing with her head down. Though he still mistrusted the chestnut mare around other horses, her shift in demeanor was truly remarkable. His crimson eyes followed the movement of his horse as he took another bite, discarding a bone with a flick of his wrist.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

The traps, if anything, were working as well as they usually did, if not better now that more prey was out and about looking for food or going about their business. She set them where she was certain no clan mates would venture but where she supposed prey frequently trafficked, and her methods were reaping her decent meals. It was not like her primitive traps could hurt anyone, since the area of where the actual snaring took place was only large enough to fit a rabbit's head, and the knots that held it all together were simple enough for someone with enough brains to untie. Ever since obtaining the rope her traps were becoming even more successful, the thin, breakable wire that she once used decommissioned for the more durable item. Indeed, the hunting was easy for her, in a way.

But, she knew that the snares could help only so much, and she had become inclined to learn how to hunt a bit outside of the field of traps in case she was to ever to be left without materiel suitable for such luxuries. She decided to try and shoot some birds that day to see how it would go, and headed for the mansion to collect a bow and a few arrows from the stores. When she approached the house, she noted a figure sitting on under it, and upon closer inspection, noticed that it was the dusty brown man.

"Hello, Ithiel," she greeted from afar as she stepped closer to the house, a small smile gracing her muzzle. "How are you doing today?" She paused as she took in the caught rabbits by his side, and the half-eaten bird clutched in his hands, and pointedly added, "Hunting has been well for you as well?"

[/html]
[html]

(--) I forgot that Ithiel likes Sparrow. XD Owellz, they could probably still find something to disagree about and Ithiel could get grumpy like a grump. >_>

Ithiel is by Raze!

The dusky-furred hybrid almost never consumed cooked meat; he could hardly abide the taste. Still, he did not begrudge anyone their preferences, so long as they did not begrudge him his. He might have taken issue with a canine, intended and made by the powers above to be a carnivore and historically dieting solely upon raw meat, consistently spurning raw flesh for cooked. Still, it was not his place to judge any others, and he could no more alter their path than he could save their souls.

The earthen-hued woman who emerged through the gardens and headed toward the mansion was known to Ithiel, but as he'd just torn another chunk off of his strange bird, he did not immediately respond. Instead, he swallowed quickly and lifted his head upward, nodding in response. I'm fine, he said. How are you? Good summer, good hunting, he added, looking over her. Most of Inferni seemed well-fed in Ithiel's eyes, and Sparrow was no exception. It was the sign of a healthy clan: skeletal, lurking figures meant disease, starvation, death. None of that was within the coyote clan, at least not since the wolves had been extinguished. Well, some of the wolves, anyway.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
/is such a slow person and sucky writer

She smiled faintly when he spoke, and settled down near him on the porch, sweeping away her integument as she sat down. She guessed he was in a good mood, since it was hard to tell with the direct male; his stiffness always seemed neutral in any matter, but his words sounded as if he was content enough, which was always great to hear. After her successful trip in the south, it was good to hear that things were mostly peacefully--though the young wolfdog covered in scraps still concerned her--with her clan mates since her departure.

"As good as I'll ever be," she said brightly, though her excitement was softly spoken. "The summer does bring good hunting; there's more prey abound since the spring. And thankfully a lack of predators roaming." The heat of this season was not the only thing that warmed Sparrow; she was glad to believe that the wolves that once stalked their borders were gone with the cold, and hoped it would remain that way for a while, if not forever. But, one could only hope so much without being irrational.

"It seems so... calm, with them gone. Is Inferni usually like this?" It was almost childish, the way she spoke, but she was truly curious. Being in a mostly turbulent life thus far, it was strange to be stilled and lulled, and it made her wonder.

[/html]
[html]

(--) LIAR |:

Ithiel is by Raze!

Ithiel could not complain about summer's hunting. Young things born in spring explored and learned the ways of the world -- or not, as in the case of his rabbits. The dusky-furred hybrid rarely found it difficult to bring down prey, however -- since he preferred the smaller creatures to large and was not particularly picky where he put his arrows, Ithiel was a successful hunter. It was practice, too, to shoot at small, quick creatures such as rabbits: they moved faster than most Luperci, after all, and could disappear into their burrows faster than he could notch an arrow.

He considered her question with a turned ear, ruminating over the subject a moment before providing his answer. Yes, he said. But don't let the calm fool you. Even before the wolves, Halo was attacked. The dust-colored hybrid remembered that day and its fallout rather well -- it had been Myrika's first kill, though she might have placed more emphasis on the arrow he'd stuck in the attacker's side. At least, then, perhaps some of her guilt over the matter would have abated. Inferni is safe because we make it so. The blood of our coyotes pays for our calm and quiet, he said. His tone was as close to cheery as he ever got; it would seem the subject of constant defensiveness was not one Ithiel found depressing. It was simply the way of the world, as he saw it.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
NU'UH.

The woman blinked at what he said. Though they were laced with reality, she found it hard to get a grip around them. What he said as true, and there was nothing to prove him wrong nor was there an urge to. The past months were proof enough for his words. Yet, she wished that things could be different. All she could do was wish; she knew that the ways would probably never change, that there will always be that primitive, instinctual, natural rift between the species. But, she just wished that it did not need to be coated with the blood of her kin.

She began to poke and prod the wooden reminder around her neck, and murmured, "What kind of god would wish to kill something, Ithiel? I thought that they were supposed to love everyone, even the sinners." She spoke metaphorically, of course, but whenever she spoke about the Boreas, the thought of their god would always come to mind. "How can a wolf, or any canine for that matter, believe in some being that told to them to hurt someone that was supposedly damned? Would you?" Faith was a curious thing, indeed. Was it strange to her to believe in something you could not see? Perhaps. Though her question was not spiteful, it was not spoken with much cheer; the thought of the dusky man following the supposedly same being as the wolves confused her greatly, and thought her curiosity was not harmful.

[/html]
The dusky hybrid considered her words with a perk of both ears, red eyes narrowing. He considered, ruminating. Did God wish for the deaths of unbelievers? Ithiel did not think so -- he was commanded not to proselytize and flaunt his beliefs as the end-all and be-all. Those in Scintilla knew they were earthbound and had only a poor mortal's grip on the truth of the world. His thoughts and answer both were careful -- philosophical territory was virtually unbroken for the dusky hybrid, and for good reason.

I believe they misinterpret God, he said. It is for Him to judge, and Him alone. Those who seek to usurp his judgement are themselves damned. I can't say whether I'd obey a God who wanted his followers to kill, he added. Maybe I would, if I had been given reason to believe God was such a being. Until I came to Inferni, I questioned little. I still don't seek to question my God or faith, but perhaps I would. The dusky hybrid was not certain if he was expressing himself right: he was not good at thinking in speculation and conjecture.