Chivalry isn't dead, it's just sleeping
[html]

Word Count → :: OoC: I suck at titles, >.< And sorry for boring post, not the glorious one I was hoping for, but fiance is making it difficult to concentrate

The trek around the mountains had been a tiring one, and his feet, aching with the hours spent travelling finally came to a rest. The Callow man had been walking for ages, he felt, and reaching a defensible enough spot among the trees dropped his pack from his shoulder and knelt to
see to the task of setting up camp. He tucked his bedroll up against a fallen log and sat upon it, gazing at the absence of a fire before him before sighing and retreating deeper into the brush, returning several moments later with an assembly of twigs. He dropped them and set them aflame, shrugging as he gazed at the dismal compilation. It would have to do for now.
He sat himself before it, hands lazily reaching inside his pack for the hare he'd caught earlier. He unceremoniously tore off a chunk of its flesh, gazing into the flames as he chewed, wondering what the future had in store for him...Couldn't be anything worse than what he'd come from.

The brothers had been sorry to see him go, the same could not be said for the others of the clan. They couldn't be happier to be rid of his 'impurity.' But he didn't care, he was free. Safe from the glares, the whispering of the wives when his back was turned. He never belonged there, anyway, he knew that, had known that since he was young. He was thankful, however, that the brothers had taken him in in the first place. For that he owed them his life. He felt quite lucky actually...It was they who'd allowed him to train with the rest of the clan's warriors, introducing him to the thrill of battle. The moment his hand touched the steel it just felt right, and he'd trained ever since.

Tossing the rabbit onto his shield, like a glorified dinner plate, he drew the blade from its sheath at his belt and ran his fingers across its edge, testing its sharpness. The steel bit into his flesh and he withdrew with a satisfied grin. He was not the best of warriors, but he could bash anyone decently enough, and that was all he could hope for...well, besides somewhere to call home. He found he was actually beginning to miss his little hollow beneath the cabin, as dark and cramped as it was. He placed the blade back into its sheath and fell back upon his blankets, gazing at the flames until his vision grew blurred and sleep finally took him in its comforting embrace.

<style>
.alisterheraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:106px; height:136px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.alisterheraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.alisterheraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.alisterheraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
Isa was hungry but was craving something fresh rather than the boar Hadley had gotten the other day. He had been so busy taking care of her lately that she didn’t want to bother him by asking him to hunt for her again, he had already done so much for her. She took a bow and some arrows out of the Casa supplies, hoping she could find something herself. Once out of the fort, she called for Brynn and he quickly trotted up to her. She gave him an apple as she petted his neck. She loved how he was so willing to work with her, even with the extra weight. He lowered himself down, making it easier for her to get on his back. The pair left Casa and Isa attempted to hunt while on horseback. Her ear twitched as she heard a rabbit in the bushes. She pulled out her bow and loosed an arrow, missing the rabbit the first time. She could only watch as it ran off.

It took a while, but she finally came across another source of food, a young buck. Her mouth watered thinking about devouring its delicious flesh. She loosed three arrows, one after the other, and was able to bring him down. Sliding down off of Brynn, Isa went to retrieve her kill but stopped when she picked up the scent of a rabbit along with a male. Perhaps she could share her kill with him. There was no way she would be able to finish all of it, a good majority of it yes, but not all. She really didn’t feel like taking it back home either. It was always nice to share a meal with a new friend anyway. She made her way towards the source of the scent, while dragging the buck behind her with Brynn following close behind. The male seemed to be just a little older than a year but also appeared to be friendly, as far as she could tell with just a glance anyway. Hello there.
[html]
Word Count :: 571 Awkward. Alister is awkward. No need to match length

The scent of a fresh kill was tantalizing in his flaring nostrils. His breathing had evened out in his sleep and he was able to inhale deeply the scent of the approaching woman and her kill. His mouth began to water and drew him into a bleary consciousness at the thought of fresh blood. He sat up slowly, blinking away the haze of his dreamy state, as he turned to the woman and her horse. They became decidedly clearer as the moment passed, and his red/brown ears twitched to the sound of her kindly greeting. So much for defenceable…He thought to himself absently pertaining to his choice in camping spots. She’d nearly snuck up on him, if it weren’t for the scent of the blood and the tromping of her horse Alister would have found himself taken unawares by the remarkably tall woman.

As he scrambled to reach his feet he found himself still looking up to her even straight-backed and upon two legs. Well, that’s not emasculating in the least bit. He mused, but didn’t hold it against the woman. “Greetings, my lady.” He called amiably with one of his famous crooked grins. “I’d uh…no idea anyone was here.” His hazel eyes, seeming blue now as he turned his back on the dying fire, fell to her enlarged belly and widened considerably. He stepped entirely away from the blankets. “Forgive my manners, my lady, I had no idea you were walking for two.” There was a beat after which he added with a sporting chuckle, “...or three...or four…Please, have a seat.” He motioned towards his patched blanket and bedroll pressed up against a fallen tree. His eyes roamed the campsite, his expression bordering on panic at its rather dismal state. Definitely not fit for a lady. “My apologies for the mess.” He said, collecting his belongings, half spilling out of his upturned satchel. He scooped them up, and strapped the bag closed, before his eyes flicked to the shield laying idly beside the bedroll with the half-eaten hare atop it. He shrugged at it, and instead worked on stirring the fire into life again, prodding it with a twig.

Finally satisfied the wolf dog ran cream-hued digits through his short-cropped brunette mane, and turned to give the woman, and her deliciously fresh kill, his undivided attention. He tried to pay it as little heed as possible, ‘lest his stomach betray him, but that was proving utterly impossible and soon his belly gave a traitorous rumble. It could only be satisfied by rabbit for so long it seemed and longed for a proper meal. He dismissed it, and took the moment to look the woman over. His eyes took the sight of her bow and arrow, as she, no doubt, was probably taking in the presence of his own longsword in the sheath at his belt. He was wearing his leather trousers as always, with his mother’s sun amulet resting just above his chest. His traveling cloak was rested on the pile of blankets, for now.

It occurred to him that the woman may not enjoy his visual display and he dropped his gaze and bent in a low bow, placing a hand at his middle. "A thousand pardons my good woman, allow me to introduce myself. I am Alister Callow. I was sleeping, you see, so I fear you er...have me at a disadvantage." Then his gaze shifted to the horse with some skepticism. It’s not that he didn’t like horses, but more the fact that they didn’t usually like him. That’s what he’d gathered at least owing to the fact that they always seemed inclined to buck him off. He could still recall quite clearly the taste of dirt, and true to its name it tasted quite filthy.

Photo courtesy of Temari 09

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987 ... callow.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
The man before her scrambled up to his feet as he greeted her. Once he noticed her round belly, he moved over and offered his bedroll as a seat, stating his apologies for the mess around his camp as well. The man quickly cleaned up and Isa stayed standing rather than sitting down right away. It’s perfectly fine, don’t worry about it. You don’t need to clean on my behalf. I’m the one who is in your camp. Looking him over, she noticed the sword on his belt. Even if she was more fond of hand-to-hand combat, Isa had always been interested in weapons and the sword this man carried intrigued her.

She wasn’t expecting a bow from the man but was pleased with how respectful he seemed to be. She attempted a bow of her own but could barely manage it with her large belly. Ismeme Theos, of Casa di Cavalieri. It is a pleasure to meet you Alister. I apologize for catching you at a bad time. I didn’t wake you did I? Brynn moved closer to Isa, ending up at her side, and he eyed the man before him and then nudged the man playfully. He usually liked anyone, especially others that Isa liked. It was mainly other male horses he didn’t like.
[html]
Word Count :: 000 Sorry for the crud reply >.<

"But I do, I wouldn't want my lady...?" He paused, waiting for her to introduce herself. Once a name was given he repeated it softly in his accented voice. "Ismeme. Well, I wouldn't want my lady Ismeme to suffer any discomfort." He noticed that she hadn't made any move to sit down and he bridged the gap between them in a couple of strides, promptly offering his hand to help her to the blankets. His hand hovered in the air, awaiting hers whether she took it or rejected it. He was taught from a young age to always be a gentlemen, especially in regards to women, and this one was heavy with child. He'd be happy with whatever comfort he could provide.

His hazel eyes followed her blue as she gazed curiously at his sword. It was unadorned with a simple leather grip, as long as its namesake would suggest, and was perfectly sized for a luperci hand. "Do you like weapons, my lady?" He asked conversationally, tail giving a small wag. "They call it a bastard sword, here, you can hold it, if you'd like." Given any other circumstance he would have commented on the irony, but that had no place in polite conversation. He lowered his hand to its hilt.

"The pleasure is mine." His ears perked when she mentioned her pack, "Casa di Cavalieri?" he queried, hoping to hear more. "I suppose you did, but really, who needs sleep? I'd prefer good company over sleep any day." The woman was kindly, and Alister seemed to be taking quite well to her, his usual sarcasm deemed unnecessary. He watched warily as the horse stepped forward, but paid it no notice when it remained still. The nudge however caused him to jump. "Hey, watch it!" he exclaimed, surprised.

Photo courtesy of Temari 09

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987 ... callow.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
She had to admit, he was a rather charming man. So kind and respectful. Isa could see them becoming close at some point, not close like her and Hadley, just as a close friend. The way she was close to Shadowfang. She smiled as he offered his hand to help her sit down on his blankets and she took it without hesitation, allowing him to help her down. You really are too kind Alister. Asking if she liked weapons, Isa chuckled a little. I am a member of a pack of warriors, of course I like weapons. Hearing it be called a bastard sword, Isa became a little confused as she was handed the weapon. Why is it called a bastard sword?

He seemed interested in hearing more about Casa, which thrilled Isa. Perhaps she would be able to recruit a new member. Casa di Cavalieri is great. It’s mainly a warrior pack but almost anyone will be accepted as long as they are willing to pull their own weight around the pack. I am the pup sitter of the pack but I also train, well, not now obviously. With her pregnancy she hadn’t been able to practice her hand-to-hand combat skills but she was fine with that. The pups would be worth the wait. So Alister, are you at all interested in joining a pack? We would always welcome a new member.

Isa backed up Brynn, hoping to calm down Alister. I’m sorry, he was just trying to say he likes you.
He held her hand gently but firmly, guiding her to the warmth and comfort of his tattered bedroll. A sad thing, with patches here and there, but still serviceable. It wasn't often he had a lady to fret over after all, especially not a pregnant one. The women of the clan had been far more interested in the other warriors, not a one of them would spare even a moment for the half-breed. His hand ghosted to her back to support her as she sat, careful not to linger overlong. "I was taught to be a gentlemen." He shrugged. "Especially in the presence of women such as yourself."

The sword he withdrew slowly, wrapping his fingers gently around the blade as he turned the hilt towards her. The steel shone like polished silver, glinting in the light of the dying fire. "You know, I'm not quite sure..." He murmured, contemplative. "It's er...also called a longsword, or a hand-and-a-half sword, mostly because of the hilt, I think." He motioned towards the leather wrapped handle. Long enough to be wielded with two hands, while still favorable for one-handed swordsmansip. "Human knights favored them, and I think I know why. They're quite versatile."

Her mention of the warrior pack caught his attention like no other. "They accept almost anyone? As in...? I mean would someone, like me, would they accept me?" He was hesitant to hear the answer, but the woman's pack sounded almost ideal if they were willing to take a bastard half-breed like himself, that was. His hazel eyes were sheepish as he looked over her face.

"Oh sure, they pretend to like you and then as soon as you go to ride them, Bam! You're eating dirt." His hands moved animatedly as he explained. "At least that's my experience." He glanced at Brynn with a frown.
He certainly was kind and seemed to be trustworthy. He seemed to know a lot about his weapon except why it was called a bastard sword. She was wanting to learn more about the interesting man before her and he seemed very interested in the pack. She chuckled for a moment and gave him a smile as she spoke. Well, you have a good build, indicating you are more than likely a strong fighter. You are kind and caring, telling me you would care for your pack. I don't see why you wouldn't be accepted. I've been a member for quite some time now and we have never turned away a member. Personally I think you would make a fine addition and I know our Alpha would be more than happy to have you join us, especially if I comment about what I think about you. Why do you seem so surprised that my pack would accept you though?

She smirked and stood slowly before reaching out for Alister to take her hand. Come on, I promise you he is not going to throw you off. she whispered to the horse in low speech, asking him to lower himself down. Her low speech was a little rough but Adriana was still helping her perfect it. Brynn did as she said still, and lowered himself to the ground, allowing them to get on his back. Isa got on first and motioned for him to get behind her. Come on, I promise nothing will happen. She held her hand out to him, waiting for him to join her.
He took his sword back, depositing it carefully back in its sheath with a sharp metallic swoosh. The woman smiled and chuckled pleasantly, puzzling him. Brown ears fell for a moment. She complimented him in various fashion, urging his fingers to comb self-consciously through his short spiky mane. He shrugged muscular shoulders. "Well, I uh..guess. I mean..." He murmured, blushing beneath his fur. "I've been training since I was old enough to hold a sword...I was a soldier, of sorts..." Although he'd been only on one mission...It didn't end well, and he hadn't wished to go on another. That was part of the reason why he was here now, no one knew exactly what had happened, he'd not told a soul, and most likely would never do so. They'd asked him, Eirick, and Thomas asked the man why. What he told them hadn't been a lie...He'd never lie, but...it had only been a fraction of the truth...

She spoke of his kindness, how he'd likely care deeply for his brothers and sisters, had he the chance to become one of them. And that may very well be true, but he'd no idea what to say to her. He simply shuffled his feet, glancing at the ground with the ever-present blush. Insults he could handle, it was the compliments that took him off guard.

"You'd put in a good word for me?" Ears perked, his tail began to sway behind him. Then she asked the question he'd been hoping to avoid. From where he'd come from honor and tradition were strictly upheld and a large part of society, it hadn't occurred to him that other settlements may see him differently than the wolves had. Even as an equal, perhaps? "I'm a half-breed, and a bastard, myself. My father...cheated on his mate...and, well, I'm the result of it. I was a stain on his honor, you see. The fact they tolerated me was a miracle." He'd no idea how the woman would respond, and made sure to keep his eyes on the ground. Would she think less of him now than before? He steeled himself for what might follow.

He quirked a brow at her as she extended her hand to him. She intended for him to...? No, oh no. "You mean for me to...? Oh, no...no, no, no. Heh, bad idea." He took her hand regardless, helping her onto the horse's back, but hesitated when she motioned for him. He declined animatedly, gazing from woman to horse. Finally he sighed, thinking it best to simply humor the woman. She obviously meant well, but he was still quite reluctant. He wasn't frightened of the beast, but knew he was a markedly better swordsman than horseman. He eyed Brynn carefully as he climbed on his back, watchful for any sign of rebellion from the horse. "Oh, I'm going to regret this..."
She smiled as he spoke of his training. A skilled soldier would fit in perfectly with the pack. After all, Casa di Cavalieri was mainly made up of warriors like him. Isa herself was trained to fight and kill but had chosen not to use the skills she had obtained from her training. She had never been fully trained as an assassin like her sister had anyway, leaving her with just the basic training until her sister trained her as well.

Isa smiled at the man as he spoke. I don’t see why I wouldn’t. You seem like a perfect fit for Casa. She was confused for a moment, not sure why it would matter that he was a half-breed. You don’t have to be a pure blood wolf to join. We have members who are part coyote, dog, and wolf. It does not matter that you’re a hybrid. We don’t discriminate in Casa. It also doesn’t matter who your parents were. My sister and myself were conceived through rape. Our mother was a slave, and our father a ruthless and bloodthirsty assassin. Clearly I was still accepted so I see no reason why you would be turned away. And with me vouching for you, there is no way you wouldn’t be accepted.

Isa chuckled lightly as he stammered, attempting to turn down her offer to ride Brynn. She was rather persistent and stubborn though and he soon climbed onto Brynn’s back, sitting behind Isa. Smirking, she turned her head to look back at Alister. Don’t worry, Brynn here is a big softie. You don’t have to be nervous. Leaning forward a bit, Isa whispered in low speech, just as Adriana had been teaching her. Urging Brynn forward, she watched for Alister’s reaction. Hopefully he would calm down a bit.
He'd been trained since he was very young in all manner of combat, hand to hand, swordsmanship, blunt weapons, daggers, ranged, although there were some areas he needed improvement. He wasn't a very good archer for one, his aim was atrocious. No matter how hard he practiced, the arrows would always fly astray of their target, so he was left to shift to a four-legged secui form to hunt down his meals.

Unlike the woman before him, he had taken a life, he'd taken two in fact. One had been hard enough, though it was easier with the knowledge that if Alister didn't finish him off, the man would not hesitate to kill him. The second...he hadn't wanted to do it, but the man had forced him to, begging him, clutching onto his leg, pleading for him to end his suffering. He had recognized the young Callow, for his resemblance to his mother, Rowan and had seen her wearing the same pendant that hung about his neck. He'd made a merciful end to both, ensuring that neither suffered. After that he realized he couldn't stay there any longer. He couldn't be party to the injustice that the dogs faced at their hands, Gren's, mostly. His kills were messy, as if he took pleasure in it.

He couldn't join them, either, no the wolves watched him far too closely for that, leaving had been his only option. And so he'd left, plotting a sloppy course to Nova Scotia. Looking at Isa, he was sure now he'd made the right choice. He smiled at her assurances, nodding his head slightly. "That means a lot to me, thank you. " soft was his british accented voice, eyes straying a moment. A perfect fit. It made his tail wag behind him. Brown ears perked as she voiced her own past, rather detatched, as if it didn't affect her, as if she'd moved on. "I'm sorry to hear that...the world, can be cruel. I'm glad you got out of that situation."

He quirked a brow as she smirked at him, suddenly longing to have the ground beneath his feet again. What was she planning? "...she said with a smirk" he drawled with a grin, offering a playful narration for her contradicting body language. His brows furrowed a bit as he listened to her speaking to the animal in low speech, he'd never learned the language himself. "That's low speech, isn't it? ...what are you telling him?" The stable master in his old clan had been the one to spark his anxiety around horses. Whenever he readied a horse for the tawny hybrid Alister could swear he heard him mumbling something in a strange tongue...Perhaps this was the reason he'd had such bad luck with the beasts?