The sight of civilization
Lance had been traveling for days. He had been with a member of this pack named Lukos. They had been traveling to this border for a while now and Lance was glad to finally see other wolfs."Well this is my chance. Time to start my life over." Lance began to calm himself and let out a howl to alert the pack members."My name is Lance and i wish to join your pack."
[html]

Hey there Smile If you can, try to post at least 200 words per post to give your partner something to reply to when they answer you ^_^ A tip that I use is to try to think about your character's senses. What are they smelling, seeing, hearing, feeling? Hope that helps! <3

She had been traveling the border for what felt like days. The female had been trying to resist the urge to smoke her favorite plant all day, which only made the hours stretch longer and longer. Things weren't as interesting without marijuana...the world seemed dull and boring without the lift that it gave her. Naniko grumbled to herself as she walked, resisting the temptation to reach into her belt pocket for the joint that she had stashed away there. She would get through this day without it and save it for later, when she'd really need it.

A howl pierced the air around the tall, alabaster canine and jade eyes turned quickly in its direction. An outsider! She began to jog toward the source, her two feet propelling her swiftly along the forest trails that she knew by heart. "Hello?" She called, pausing to test the air with her nose. Someone was definitely nearby, but where? Naniko looked about, eyes traveling over the trees and boulders that surrounded her in their search for Lance. "Are you nearby?' She asked once more, pulling a few branches aside so that she could see the other canine. She took a dominant stance, her ears pointed forward and tail held high in an arc. What did they want with Anathema, and where had they come from? She cleared her throat to speak. "Do you have business here, stranger?"

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7daRf.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC:Hey, look who it is! glad you made it Lance.

Lukos was sitting on the floorboards of his house when he heard a familiar howl in the distance. Huh, I guess he decided to visit an old friend. 'Bout time, I was going to die of boredom. He stood up and stretched, sifting into Secui form while thinking of his first encounter with the grey wolf. A tornado nearly killed them both. I wonder if their will be an earthquake when I meet up with him. The past few days have been slow, nothing but training and slaving to make his home look decent.

He dashed off to the direction of the howl, zooming by the Villa and down the beaten path, happy to see his friend again. As he drew nearer, Lukos began to hear another voice he recognized, one that every pack member should respect. Lance caught the attenion of the Angela, hmm? I wonder how she would react to a stranger. His joining ceremony was performed by the Angelo, Alaki. There was also Malakai, who gave enough threats to make a wolf check every inch of his house before going to sleep. Not saying that I do. Now, at least. Lukos shook his head, bringing himself to the present. He sifted back into Optime form, and walked the rest of the way.

He slowly approached the pair, making sure to not look more dominate than Naniko. I mean, she's the leader of the pack, the Angela. I'm just a Zepar. It's not like that's a bad thing, just got to make sure I don't walk around like I own the place. Hello Angela. Pleasure seeing you here." He hoped she wasn't so uptight with the dominance thing like Malakai. He turned to the shaggy grey wolf that he knew since his journey in the Dampwoods. "Lance, it's been too long. How have you been?" He looked at Naniko out of the corner of his eye. "What brings you here?"
OOC-Sorry about the short post. My aunt made me go to church so i had to finish quick.
_________________________________________________________________________________

"Well I would know that voice from anywhere. Hey Lukos! Lance was glad to see a familiar face even though that face was meet in danger. He looked over and saw beside Lukos a tall canine. He heard Lukos call her Naniko."Well it looks like I have a welcoming party." Lance chuckled softly to himself. well i guess I better tell them what I'm up to.

'My name is Lance. I've been looking for a pack for a while and I thought well why not join one with a familiar face. lance looked over at Lukos and grinned." I was wondering If you would be so kind enough to accept me. I have nowhere to go and i really have no skills as Lukos could tell you. If you accept me I will do every part I can to help the pack."

Lance realized that his "application" didn't sound very convincing."Well then I should fit in if they are the pack of misfits."" I really don't have much to say but if you need more proof you could ask Lukos if he doesn't mind". lance hoped he didn't have to walk all this way for nothing. Lance let out a nervous grin and knew he looked ridiculous but he thought that this is what this pack was all about. Being ridiculous and a outcast and that's exactly what he was.
[html]

It happens! ^^

She normally came across canines who had traveled to Anathema alone, though there was the occasional sibling group or small family that came to the borders. She had not been the one to accept Lukos into the pack, but as he approached and the two greeted one another she took a good look at him. He'd been at the Rast ceremony, if she was remembering things right, and had seemed quite the social butterfly. The Angela had been glad to see so many members of the pack come to the event; it was an important day, the day that a young member of the pack had received her adult rank.

Lukos had taken a more submissive posture than her, a fact that she did not ignore. Dominance and submission to those of higher rank was especially important in Anathema. Lance spoke up, and her ears went back slightly as he spoke. He had no skills, but would do whatever he could to help the pack? She supposed that everyone had to start somewhere, but surely he had some kind of hunting or scouting skills if he had survived this long on his own. "Well, I am Naniko D'Angelo...the Angela here. You say that you have no skills whatsoever?" She was not entirely impressed by this, and looked to Lukos for confirmation. There was a general rank tier that would possibly interest this wolf, if he was serious about needing a home.

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7daRf.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
"Well I do have a few skills. I believe that I'm a novice at making weapons and I did learn a very useful fishing trick from a helpful wolf" Lance just began to realize how useful it was to have met Lukos."Well aren't I just a lucky little wolf." Then Lance thought that these skills will most likely not be useful since Lukos could do the fishing trick to and he was pretty sure his weapons were mediocre at best."Also, I'm very willing to learn anything if anybody has the time to teach me."

Then something began to process in Lance's mind.'I'm talking to the Angelo. I should probably talk with more respect." Lance cleared his throat and took a straight posture." I know I sound useless but if you please give me time ma'm I promise i will reward any kindness you show me." Lance began to grin. He knew he looked like he was trying to hard but what else could he do? Lance looked over to Lukos and gave him a nervous smirk."I really hope I make it because without a pack I'm as good as dead.
OOC:The entire time Lukos is talking in the first paragraph he's looking at Lance. Don't sell yourself short too soon. Smile Lotsa talking.

"In truth, he has no physical combat skills, but he does have what he may not realize are skills." he said with a growing grin. "If I remember correctly, he tried to solve a social issue between a very tired me and an overconfident wolf. Which ended with me and the other wolf coming to a stalemate rather than biting at each others throats, thanks to Lance." He smirked at the mention of his fishing trick he taught Lance. "It's really more of a party trick, because it's so difficult to pull off. But I must say, he is an avid learner."

Lukos turned to Naniko. "He doesn't take promises like that lightly ma'am, when he says something, he means it. He also works well under pressure, from what I've seen." He glanced at Lance as he said "He also doesn't know when to give up if their is a stranger in danger. Even when facing the wrath of nature." Lukos looked back at Naniko with a glint in his eyes. "Imagine what he would do for a pack member." He tried harder to think of good traits Lance showed him on their travels,pacing back and forth in full blown thought. "Very passive, charming, amidable, quite the peacemaker, what else. Huh?" He looked up, scratching his head. "I think you get the picture." he said meekly.
[html]

Naniko could not consider a canine for a position in the pack unless they had some kind of a skill, so she was relieved to hear him list a few things off. They had a variety of tiers that she could see him fitting into, if he was interested in that. And he already had a connection in the pack, his friend. She thought this over for a few moments, scratching idly behind one ear. Naniko was not the same as Alaki, not quick to anger. She could be ruthless and had even been called heartless in the past, but had control over her thoughts and emotions. She could see a benefit to having him in the pack and no downside as of yet.

"You can learn whatever you choose to. We have many skilled canines in this pack who would enjoy teaching another how to do their craft." He'd start out as a Zepar, like all other newcomers, until he had proven that he was going to be sticking around longer than a couple of days and that he was serious about giving back to the place that he would be calling his home. "If you truly wish to join, however, you must go through the Rite of Agares. It is a blood-sharing ceremony in which I'd make a small cut on your paw and one on my own and join them together. It would bind you to me and to every member of this pack." She removed the ceremonial dagger from the belt around her waist, watching Lance to see what he thought of the idea.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Lance couldn't believe what he was hearing.'I finally belong somewhere!" He would now at last have permanent company."All i have to do is share blood and i'm in!" Lance extended his paws and waited for the small amount of pain that lead to a pack membership. He couldn't wait." Ma'm i would just like to thank you and you to Lukos."

Lance began thinking in those few short moments of when he was alone. Always hungry,tired,and scared. All of this ended now. He will even get to learn a few new crafts. Maybe even how to fight. This was almost to much to take in. He drifted back into reality."I'm ready whenever you are." Lance couldn't help but to grin as wide as he could. he was so full of joy.
OOC:Hmm, this will be interesting how the leader and founder of the pack will take this. My Rite of Agares might be a little, 'different', than Lance's, if everything goes smoothly.

Lukos tried his best to pull off a fake smile. "That's excellent enthusiasm, but make sure you don't share it with everyone. I can't say so for our gracious pack leader," he said indicating Naniko, "But not everyone is so pleasant. Be careful who you be friendly with."

"It's more of your job to inform him, isn't it? Sorry, completely understandable. I'm just a bystander with background information." he said, taking two steps back. Alaki already hates me, so I would be an idiot to anger the other wolf in charge. And she has the knife out. he noted. Something I probably should've put into consideration when I opened my mouth. Might as well tape it when the Angela/Angelo walks by. He gave a friendly but shy smile to the pair in front of him, hoping he hadn't offended the leader, however more lax she is than Alaki. Which probably isn't in comparison from personal experience. he thought grimly.
[html]

Slight Powerplay with her performing the ceremony <33 Also, if you would like to choose a den, please post in the AT maintenance thread with your choice Smile

She had done this many times in the past, and was prepared in case he refused the ritual. One could not become a true member of Anathema without it, and it was required...but occasionally they got someone who was squeamish or who did not want to go through something like that in order to have a home. They were probably better suited for other, softer packs anyway. This ceremony would bind Lance to everyone in Anathema and finalize his application. He did seem to agree to it, though, and she turned her wrist so that the blade was facing toward her.

Naniko made a shallow cut along the largest of her paw-pads, an area that was already ticked with other small scars from similar ceremonies, then looked back to Lance. She made a similar cut on his his largest paw-pad, then held both of them together to allow their blood to drip down onto the soil. It splattered there, leaving small maroon puddles around their feet as she released him and Wiped the dagger on the grass before sliding it back into its sheath. "Welcome to the family, Lance. Once you have proven that you'll truly be sticking around, you can choose a rank tier. Or you can wait and stay a Zepar for as long as you'd like. I trust that Lukos can show you around?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
It finally happened. He was in a pack." I just want to thank you so much. Lance was overwhelmed with joy. He hoped this would last."Well i guess i better find out whats around here. Lance turned toward Lukos."You mind showing me around do you? I mean you are the only one i know here." lance looked into the distance of what would be is new home.

Lance turned back to Lukos.'i owe you so much. You have helped me countless time. Lance chuckled and sighed."Well I guess this is the end of my troubles huh. By the way you mind helping me make a home while i'm here? I don't believe i would be very good at that. He was glad to have friends and even gladder to have some company.
OOC:Glad to see a familiar face join the pack (as I stated earlier.) Now, there's the Thackary Village or the caves that you can inhabit. At either location their are members to help you get settled. (Altough that's sort of an overstatement for the village, because only Aeron, her family and friends, and I live their.) The occasional warrior usually come by the village because it's the only location with 'offical' training grounds, so their isn't a shortage of helping hands. When you decide on a location, you can look on the website for further information. And as Naniko said, post on the AT Maintanence thread to claim your living space, be it cave or house.

"Congrats! I'm so glad your here." Lukos was both glad and proud to show Lance around. "Of course I'll show our newest member around. Shall we start with the caves? I believe I know the way." He started walking for the nearest path to the cave as Lance thanked him. "You don't owe me anything." he said facing Lance. "I'm just glad your here. It's hard, being in a family of strangers." he said solemnly. He chuckled at the irony of what Lance said. "Just keep yourself out of trouble, and you'll do fine. "

Lukos smiled at the grey wolf. "I'll be glad to help you settle. And don't sell yourself short, you might do better than me." He faced the direction of the road again. "Now, if you'll follow me we might make it to the caves sometime today. I'm completely serious, I have no idea when where going to get there." I've never actually been to the caves yet. This should be interesting. He looked over his shoulder. "Coming?"
"Of course. Can't wait to see this place." Lance was awaiting to make his home. His first home. " "So how do you like it here? I mean is it tolerable?" he knew the answer was yes. How could anyone hate their home? It was impossible. lance began thinking about his future. All the memories to come.Well after this tour i better start on my house. I have to at least make a bed Don't wanna sleep on the ground. lance came back to reality and started to follow Lokos into his new life.
"Don't be too much of a hurry. Take in the scenery, memorize the paths. They might save you or someone with you from death if you know the correct path, like in a raid or something. Although I don't think something like that will happen anytime soon." He strolled along the path, in no hurry. "But enough with the gloom, this isn't a bad place. There's a lot to do here. So I'm told." Lukos shrugged at his lack of information. "Sorry that I know so little about the area. My guide was, straightforward. He didn't take any detours." He kicked a stone down the road, watching it bounce off the ground.

"Anyway, we should get on with the tour." He turned to look at Lance. "Where do you want to go?"
"Well i guess i'll check out the training grounds and Thackery Village. get a feel f where i'm gonna live." Lance looked around noticing all of the scenery. It is nice here he thought."i would like to check out you house to. See where my best fried lives. Maybe get some ideas for my house." Lance began thinking of his new home." Can't wait to check it out.""Ya. lets go to the Village. Lead the way."
OOC:OMGGGGGGGGGG I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE MONSTERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! @_@ Need to stop drinking them at midnight. Eventually going to crash. Oh well who cares. ^_^

"The Thackary Village it is then." Lukos said as he walked down the road. "You'll love it here. There's multiple storage buildings, both outdoor and indoor training grounds, abundant housing, a playground, a garden, even a villa. It's a fancy word for inn."

"Uh, well, my house is, half 'n half. I'm not completely finished reconstructing it. The ground floor is finished, but the upstairs is unstable, so I haven't been able to work on it." He looked over his shoulder. "So I suggest that when you visit you stay on the first floor. Wouldn't want to renovate again. Plus you might be bedridden for a while." He mocked a frown. "But sure, I'll help with your house. Maybe I'll finally teach you how to use a bow." he chuckled. "Just like old times." He stopped walking, remembering an important detail. "What happened to the Angela?" Probably just when back on patrol, or went home. "You know what, it's none of our business what she does. She is the Angela, after all." He continued on walking. "Now, where were we? Ah, right, walking towards the village while talking about helping each other out. And speaking of which." he said indicating the structures before them. "Welcome to the village. Now, there, there, and there are the storage units." he pointed to the long, wide buildings. "As you can see, the houses are mostly two story, and are in pretty bad shape. It will take some time, but with effort these houses can be promising. And if you'll look over there, you will see a half-finished house that is mine. If you need any help, just come by and I'll see what I can do."

"Over there is the training grounds, where most of the warriors train. They occasionally come by. They might lend a hand, but be careful about what you say. Some of them don't mess around. Trust me." He looked around for anything he missed. "In the southern part is the playground. It's mostly in good shape. And over there," he pointed. "is the pack's garden. I don't really have a use for it, but you might." That's about it except... "And last but not least, the Storm Tree Villa. Aeron, her family, and her close friends live there. I'm sure you could live their too, if you wanted." Lukos looked about, looking for anything he could have missed. I think that is it. If you need anything else, just swing by and I'll help out. And now I'll leave you to your home. See ya." He waved goodbye, walking back to his house.