Warrior Princess
[html]

OOC: Someone's fiesty!

The air was a little chillier this day than the days past and the golden Epsilon took it as an omen. Today she was going to try something she hadn’t before. Today, she was going to demand something of her mate that she knew he wasn’t going to go for. In the days before the pack meeting, Augustus had confined Ciara to the den while he patrolled the borders on his own. After the pack meeting was no different, the beauty still found herself begrudgingly marching into the communal den, agreeing to stay there just to please her husband. Well, not today.

Today she waited until he was satisfied she would stay in her place and left to go to the borders again. For an hour or so she sat in the den fuming, muttering to herself about how she was an Epsilon too and it was her job just as much as his to guard the pack. If she wasn’t his mate, he’d respect her rank and not expect her to stay home all safe and cuddly. No, she knew it was because she was important to him, but her place in the pack was important to her and she was going to stand up to the behemoth and tell him right where to go.

She could tell by the position of the sun that a few hours had passed and Augustus would be well into his patrol, lulled into a sense of security that his mate was safe at home. She stood and exited the den, making pleasantries with her pack mates and shaking out her pristine golden coat. Her nose tipped to the wind then, and she inhaled deeply, catching Augustus’ scent and following it without another word to the other Dawners. It took her a little while to find him, but in time she spotted him sniffing at a scent marking, close to the woods that would lead to the ocean.

The hint of saltiness in the air gave her courage as she bounded down the small crest and towards him, her ears pushed forward and tail lifted high enough to display her rank. It wasn’t necessary for her to posture with Augustus normally, as he was both her mate and her pack equal, but the golden girl was going to prove a point today. As she approached him she sounded out a firm bark to alert him that she was there, and to get all of his attention. When his eyes turned on her she wavered for a split second, then planted her paws on the ground and took on an expression that was both adorably concentrated and menacing.

“Augustus, I refuse to wait around in the den for something to happen. It is my job to patrol the lands and defend the pack just as much as it is yours, and I will not sit by, not doing my job because my mate wants to coddle and protect me,” she said, her voice firm and clearly agitated. There had been times over the past week where she’d gone to protest her confinement, but he always managed to make her agree just by his stern look. Yes, authoritative Augustus was sexy Augustus and did things to her she couldn’t explain, but this time she refused to let it work. “I am going to patrol with you, and I’m even going to patrol on my own, and you are not going to complain.”

<style type="text/css">
.eciara b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f5253; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #909097;}
.eciara .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.eciara p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px 0px;}
.eciara {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#d2d2dc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fqYoC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #909097; padding:405px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#909097; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; border-radius:15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC xDD WC→ 947

On edge, and endlessly frustrated the behemoth kept to a strict schedule. He was livid that the dog bitch Amy Sunders had seen fit to harm his pack sisters, not once, but multiple times. But worse was the fact that the women, instead of coming to him to teach them how to defend themselves, had sought outside help, instead. It didn’t matter that he’d hardly spoken to them, he was their Epsilon, and their brother, it was his duty to keep them safe. Which was hard enough when everyone seemed fit on leaving the pack lands. He could only cover so much ground. He huffed at the thought and leapt upwards to rest his forepaws on a nearby tree. On two legs he gazed about from a heightened vantage point, but found nothing that piqued his interest. A predatory bird squawked at him from a low hanging branch, but he ignored it. With so many of his brothers and sisters allying with the local fowl it wasn’t an unfamiliar sight. That was another thing that irked him to no end. They were wolves, the top of the food chain, yet they looked to lesser creatures to do their bidding. What had happened to the ‘thrill of the hunt?’ What were they becoming?

He was beginning to feel like he was the only sane one here. Besides maybe, Ciara, but even she was wearing on him lately. Her protests had become increasingly adamant, yet he remained unyielding. It was tiresome. How long would it take her to realize that she was fighting a losing battle? Not to mention her maidenhead still remained intact. He couldn’t even take his own woman! And the last time he’d tried had resulted in a persisting ache in his lower regions, which had lasted a full hour. It was emasculating to have come so close and then…nothing. They’d been mated for months now, what did she expect? Him to be content with her short nuzzles and chaste licks? He loved his golden girl dearly, but she was an utter tease.

It seemed like everyone in New Dawn was pairing up, and Titania, a female younger than Ciara, was already filled with pups. Which was good in a way, it helped him forget that day with Ciara and the two Alpha’s and the mad thoughts that had raced in his mind. They were entirely forgotten, like it never happened. And he was back to being the loyal, yet reserved warrior. He had been the one to come across Fayne at the borders. The woman was thoroughly shaken, whatever had been done to her had left scars across her heart just as they had her body. Seeing Noah’s reaction to her injuries had made the man think, what if it had been Ciara in her place? He knew the answer, he would not rest until the bitch bowed before him in a river of blood. That was likely to happen, regardless, for his pack was his family. A family that was being systematically attacked by vile, humanistic, slobbering, mangy, mutts. The bitch had dug her own grave to have the giant after her.

He’d had enough! He snorted as he thudded down on all fours again and gave an idle sniff at the border. The scent had died down some from his earlier pass and he lifted his leg to remedy it. It wasn’t until mid-spray that he heard his mate’s rather loud and demanding bark. The stream turned into a trickle as he immediately turned towards her trotting up to him in a decidedly dignified way. But that wasn’t right, what was she doing here? Hadn’t he told her to stay in the den? Before he could confront her she spoke up, tail raised like she was the Alphess, herself. As she continued to speak his jaw began to fall, and hung agape as she stated her commands. His brows raised to an alarming height and for a moment he mouthed words without sound. This was the first time anyone had spoken to him in this manner in his entire two years of life, and he found himself rendered completely speechless.

When he did find his voice it was weak, like a scolded youth. Ciara…that’s not what I… He began, but paused as he shook himself. Wait! How dare she make demands of him!? He was the man here, what did she think she was doing? Damn it, woman, don’t you understand I can’t protect the pack AND worry about you at the same time! And you will keep your voice down, Ciara, or I swear I will… He stopped, he’d no idea what it was he would do, but he’d do something that’s for sure! He just hadn’t decided what that something was yet. Part of it was his surprise at his fiesty golden woman, she’d never taken this tone with him before and he wasn’t sure yet if he loved it, or hated it.

Looking down at his mate he was surprised to see that she still stood firm before him. It was going to take much more than one of his usual stoney-eyed glares this time, but if she was so touched…Fine. He rumbled. Have it your way, but you’re going to train with me right here and now, before I let you go anywhere on your own, then…I‘ll think about it. If this was what she’d truly wanted, he’d give it to her, as long as you don’t speak to me that way again. He was all bark and no bite in this instance, even if she spoke to him that way again he would do nothing to harm her.

<style type="text/css">
.moontr1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1b684; text-shadow:#1a1c0b 1px 1px 2px;}
.moontr1 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.moontr1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#556b65; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5dYlk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2e433d; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95ada7; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.moontr1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.moontr1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.moontr1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Not sure where all the "Who wears the pants" stuff came from, but it's heere.

Where Augutus’ main concern was the safety of the pack, Ciara’s was proving her rank, not just to her mate but to the other members of New Dawn too. Certainly, the protection of Fayne and destruction of the dog bitch was at the foreground of all of this, but right now the golden girl was too busy trying to show her behemoth of a man just who wore the pants here. It had taken her a lot of time to build up the courage to do so, sort of hinting that he wore the pants, but she was ignoring that little detail. Her earthen hues watched with satisfaction the many facial expressions Augustus made during her speech, especially towards the end when he was standing there with his mouth hanging open.

His voice came, and it was not what she’d expected. Her eyes softened and her guard dropped just long enough for her mate to switch gears and go back to determined, lord husband. Her own eyes narrowed when he told her to keep her voice down. “Or what, you’ll spank me?! I will speak however I damned we-…” and then his word “Fine” cut in and interrupted her. Her tawny ears pricked forward to hear what he had to say, and she couldn’t help but notice the chill running down her spine. It was delicious and threatening all at once, the look in his eyes that spoke of her being reprimanded in a much different way. Was part of the reason she acted out so she could have him get all stern with her?

When he spoke of training her ears and tail perked, and she instantly looked very interested. Her paws brought her a few steps forward and she couldn’t help the excited grin. “Alright, training. Let’s do it,” she said, then lifted her brows when he said about speaking to him that way again. The submissive side of her wanted to whimper and nip under his chin apologetically, but today she was the girl on fire. She was strong. She would not be cowed by another one of his angry stares. If he pinned her to the floor during training and….mm….she had to shake herself to get rid of the thought.

“The way I speak to you will depend on whether or not you’re being a jerk,” she said, in a tone that was both matter-of-fact and yet teasing. She didn’t want him to be angry at her or stomp off. With that she sat down and curled her tail around her forepaws, waiting for him to get into how the training would go. She didn’t think he’d start right away by leaping at her or anything. Surely it was safe to sit here like this while he inevitably explained the rules. She couldn’t help the excitement she felt. Acting like the boss, and getting training, plus the tantalizing images of scrapping on the floor in a fight for dominance with her mate….Ciara was a happy girl.

<style type="text/css">
.eciara b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f5253; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #909097;}
.eciara {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#d2d2dc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fqYoC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #909097; padding:405px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#909097; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; border-radius:15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC You can decide whether or not she's startled, he's just trying to be a bad ass WC→ 518

I said I’ll think about it, Ciara. He clarified in a growling rumble. His brows raised in alarm with her words and he looked on her with incredulity, ’spank her?’ His jaws hung agape again, his little woman was full of surprises today! With a faint clipping noise he shut his mouth tight, regaining his composure faster this time. No, I won’t spank you…You might just enjoy that. He retorted, but whatever potency his statement might have had was diminished by the delay. His yellow eyes narrowed on her while he tried to maintain his dominant stance, lifting his tail above hers, and keeping his back tall and straight. He was, in this respect, unyielding, the behavior so engrained in him it was next to impossible to stop it now. He couldn’t, however, explain the currents of electricity running through his body, or the sourness of his stomach when she stood up to him. Maybe it was adrenaline? But it stemmed from something other than the anger or irritation he usually felt. He felt helpless as a pup around her, constantly fumbling to maintain control of himself, while desperately trying to keep up an air of indifference, as if nothing could faze him.

He quirked a brow at her sudden enthusiasm, and found his stoic vaneer crumbling. She was so cute when she was determined like this, and the brute was tempted to reach out for her and hold her close to him, but suppressed the urge with a snort. Yeah, well…don’t think I’m going to go easy on you. He warned half-heartedly. His voice was not so menacing as before, the behemoth resigning himself to be grouchy instead.

Her last sentence was no better, but he was prepared this time. His muzzle wrinkled into a fangless snarl and he huffed indignantly. Her voice was light enough that it did not anger him overmuch, but he was plenty irritated. He regarded her with narrowed eyes, giving his tail a flick. With a sigh he rolled his shoulders and prepared himself for the lesson he was about to give. It was different with his mate, unlike Tharin, she was the same rank, and would be no threat to him. He could take his time, be thorough, and maybe…There is was again, the static shock rippling through his body. His pelt bristled with it, which he righted with a hearty shake to steady his anxious paws.

Ugh. He grunted, so…first lesson. His yellow eyes caught her brown and he was speechless a moment seeing the light within them, the drive, the power, turning his head in a gesture meant to appear nonchalant. He cleared his throat before speaking again, always be prepared! His voice started even then turned into a savage bellow as he dashed forwards, fangs bared, scars crumpled grotesquely. He stopped just short however, their faces barely an inch apart. Their breath mingled and the sides of his lips twitched into a smug grin as he reclined on his haunches, watching, waiting for her undoubtedly startled reaction. He did say he wasn’t going easy on her, didn’t he?

<style type="text/css">
.moontr1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#556b65; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5dYlk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2e433d; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95ada7; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
(( Summary: In the lost post Ciara basically battled between being a good student and showing Augustus that she "wears the pants", along with some dirty thoughts about their training, then she got serious and when Augustus lunged rolled over onto her back, flipped back up and tried to act like she'd done it on purpose and that he -hadn't- scared the living shit out of her. ))
[html]

OOC Short :/ and he's such an asshole! lol WC→ 279

He grinned smugly, watching as his mate flopped about on the ground. She recovered her feet quickly, and rose in enough time to shoot him a glare. A deep chuckle rolled from his muzzle and he stood up on all fours, circling a victory lap, about his mate with tail held high like a banner of triumph. Something the matter, dear? He taunted her, stepping close again. He crouched, keeping his head low to hide his neck from the woman who was like to bite it. The laughter still gleamed in his eyes, but faded from the rest of his visage as he drew his lips back in a silent snarl, and though his tail wagged he was serious. He stalked soundlessly about her side, keeping alert for any attack, and for the opportunity to make one, himself.

It was moments before the laughter died out of his eyes, and moments more before he struck. He would test his lover’s mettle relentlessly, mercilessly, until he was satisfied that she could hold her own. He was not the best opponent for her to start with, but that was of little concern for now. He would not willingly hurt his love, but he would issue her a challenge she could not refuse. His voice hissed out of his maw in the most vicious of snarls. The scars upon him were twisted on his cheeks, and his paws tensed. He coiled his body and lunged again, dancing away as soon as he struck. He was not the swiftest of combatants by far, and if she was the warrior she said she was she’d figure out how to use this to her advantage.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Home sick = spree apparently. As usual, you can pick whether or not her fangs got him. <3

Ciara growled as her mate laughed at and taunted her. Beneath her mottled fur the girl was blushing darkly, embarrassed of her folly and the ridiculous display of her rolling over. She shook out her fur as he circled her and glared, her earthen eyes narrowed to slits as she watched him, careful to never have her back turned to him. Each turn Augustus made was matched with a quick jump and repositioning of her paws so she could stand off with him, her snarl not as soundless as his. No, hers was rather venomous, fueled by all of the frustration she felt not just with him, but with the Saunders bitch. She forced herself to forget that this was her mate and pretend it was a larger version of the dog instead.

The air around them seemed to grow thick with tension as she ignored his taunt other than the growling, and watched him move. She studied him while remaining alert, looking for weak spots or places that he wasn’t defending. Her mate was much larger than she, and that meant that she could sneak in and dart back faster than he could. She might even be able to beat him to the bite and dart backwards again before his fangs gained purchase on her skin. Some ingrained instinct told her not to strike first, but to wait him out and see what his plan of attack was.

She had to stare cooly at him for a few moments before the predicted attack came. Her heart did a strange little leap as his large form pounced towards her again, but this time she was ready. As he flew towards her, Ciara twisted her lithe body so she was just out of the way of his fangs. She noticed that when he lunged at her, he left the back of his neck exposed. She wouldn’t be strong enough to pin him down, but a sharp bite to that area would at least surprise him enough for her to attack. She lunged down at the spot in the milliseconds of Augustus’ attack, and snapped her fangs, hoping to grab the skin and maybe a bit of fur to scare him.

As soon as Augustus pounced away again she snarled and paced on the spot, making sure to face forward all the time. Her mate was quick to anger, she knew this, and assumed the dog-bitch would be too. Lifting her front paw she lurched forward and stabbed at his side with her fore-leg, snapping her fangs at the air in an attempt to irritate him into attacking again. The next time she’d know her target, the back of his neck, and if she shocked him by gaining purchase she’d go for his legs next. Her bites of course were only hard enough to show that she knew what she was doing, for she would never hurt her mate.

So long as they played this game rather like fencing she would be fine, but if he decided to use his size and strength against her, she’d have no chance.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Augustus

OOC: New table, you like? Word count→362

He maneuvered his large body about her, watching her with the same scrutiny. His woman was quick stepping and matched him advance for advance. The corners of his muzzle twitched upwards, but only just. She was doing well enough so far. His pelt bristled as the pressure mounted, becoming palpable in the air. His tail remained high despite the golden she-wolf's protests, and he growled low and deadly. This was not the woman who so often cowered before him, licking his chin, this was the same fiery girl who'd ripped the cougar's heart from its chest. The one who'd stolen his scarred heart. A chill ran down his spine and his pelt twitched with it. His blazing eyes met hers with a passionate flame and his heart's pace quickened.

The woman ducked away from his lunge causing his jaws to come together with a loud clip. His tongue tasted the air, instead of her fur and he hunched back with a frustrated snarl, dashing his claws against the ground. There was a passage of wind over his scruff he realized as he withdrew. And while her fangs hadn't made purchase, he felt them graze over his fur. He resumed the stance of the predator soon after, crouching and stalking forward. Circling her was useless, as this wife of his easily proved herself faster. The behemoth had to switch tactics. If she knew her strenghts it was time he played on his own.

He was favoring his left side, keeping it from her view. The wound had healed enough, but there remained a small bald patch just behind his shoulder where the moose's prong had pierced him during his hunt with Drin. It did not trouble him so much anymore, but the area was sore and sometimes throbbed. Ciara thrashed a paw at him, snapping and his jaws snapped at the offending appendage with a lash of his tail. His muzzle wrinkled in another snarl and he turned so he was head on with her. Rearing up on his hind legs, jaws open, he attempted to bull his weight into her and either knock her off balance or pin her to the ground.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Qwigley);
.gus {text-align:center; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:50px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; color:#c3b128; margin:5px 0px -5px; font-weight:bold;}
.augeyes p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.augeyes p.ooc {font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; padding:10px;}
.augeyes b {color:#c3b128; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.augeyes .separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px 15px 0px; background-image:url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Alphawolf155/augeyes.png"); height:329px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#1d2e13; width:450px;}
.augeyes {background-color:#565424; border:1px solid #1d2e13; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#f1e1cd; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:0px; line-height:18px; width:450px; text-align:left; margin:0pxauto; padding:0px 0px 15px 0px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ciara O'Callahan

OOC: A little shorter than I'd have liked. Sad

Ciara gave a smug little grin when her husband dashed his claws against the ground in frustration. She was getting to him, and knew that she could likely use his hot temper against him. If he lashed out foolishly, lead by emotions, and then she would be able to strike using her speed. A thrill of exhilaration went through her when her canines felt the slip of his fur passing between them, and she realized just how close she’d been to gaining purchase on his flesh. All of her senses were alert, her nerves humming with excitement as she continued to circle him in return.

Brown eyes watched closely as he moved around her, and she realized that he was favoring one side. A frown creased on her muzzle. Normally she would capitalize on her opponent’s injury, but this was her mate and she didn’t want to hurt him, or make the wound reopen. She remembered the nights she’d spent licking and cleaning it when he’d come home from his hunt with Palaydrian. Those tender thoughts distracted her, so she didn’t realize what Augustus was planning until she noticed his sudden height above her.

With widened eyes she looked up at him for a split second as he hovered above her on his hind legs. She knew that if he managed to pin her down she’d be done for, and she had to do something. In a moment of desperation she lunged forward and butted her head against his belly. She was a lot smaller than him, and could end up giving herself over to him to wrap his forelegs around, or she could catch him by surprise and knock him over. Either way, this would eventually end up in a scuffle where her speed would be useless….but something about being pinned to the ground with her mate above her thrilled her in ways that made her think of beaches and moonlit nights.

Photo courtesy of Tenryuu, table by Stormie, inspired by 'Souls

<style type="text/css">
@import url("http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Redressed");
.COC {text-align:center; font-family:redressed, cursive; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; color:#47300f; margin:5px 0px -5px; font-weight:bold;}
.COC1 b {color:#f5d8ae; text-shadow:#4d4a31 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.COC1 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.COC1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#79602a; background-image:url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Alphawolf155/ciaoc.png"); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #323020; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.COC1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
[html]
Augustus

OOC: Not a prob, so is mine. Fight posts can afford to be a little shorter. Word count→302

The man reared, forelimbs spread to wrap around her, and grapple her to the ground. Strangely, though, his mate rushed forward, ramming her head against his belly. He gasped as the breath rushed out of him. Winded, he slid down her side and off her, lowering his hulking frame into a crouch again. She countered him at every turn, maybe she really was fit to defend the pack? She could stand her ground if nothing else. Her willpower and speed could only get her so far and Augustus rushed to press the assault again. He ducked down, feigning a snap at her forelegs, while in reality he'd only wanted a chance to pin her again. It was more than training now, it was a matter of pride, of which the bi-colored brute had plenty. If he could just muscle her to the ground he could force her to submit.

That she'd gotten this far was surprising to him. There was fire in her veins, that even he could not extinguish. He unleashed a snarl, snapping at her feet, also in an attempt to snap her out of the reverie that her tender brown eyes seemed to have fallen prey to. "Pay attention, Ciara!" He growled, urging her to take this seriously. He wanted her to pass this test, he wanted her help. It was hard enough patrolling the long hours on his own. And, though Tharin was helping as well, he was not an Epsilon. It wasn’t his duty.

Yellow eyes waited eagerly for the opportunity to show itself once again. He kept his head low, snapping upwards at her throat, attempting to grab the skin in his teeth. Anything to get her to lower her head again so he could bear his crushing weight down upon her, and flip her over.

<style>
.gus {text-align:center; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:50px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; color:#c3b128; margin:5px 0px -5px; font-weight:bold;}
.augeyes p.ooc {font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; padding:10px;}
.augeyes .separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px 15px 0px; background-image:url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Alphawolf155/augeyes.png"); height:329px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#1d2e13; width:450px;}
.augeyes {background-color:#565424; border:1px solid #1d2e13; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#f1e1cd; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:0px; line-height:18px; width:450px; text-align:left; margin:0pxauto; padding:0px 0px 15px 0px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ciara O'Callahan

369 (damn she fine)

OOC: Let me know if the PP on Auggie isn't okay. I figured it was realistic that she'd be getting tired and he'd have his chance to grab her.

The girl let loose a frustrated growl and stomped her front paw, not sure why her mate was yelling at her. “I AM paying attention!” she snarled back, tail lashing in irritation. She’d been proud of herself for deflecting his attempt to pin her down, and thought she was doing quite well for one so unskilled in one-on-one combat. She still matched her mate pounce for pounce, and as his fangs came in close again she bounced away while swiping at the male’s extended peppered snout. Every so often she was hit with the realization that she was defending herself against her mate, the same mate who so often caused her to submit while a delicious shiver ran down her spine. Right now she wasn’t that girl, but the girl on fire. The cougar-killer.

When his head tipped towards her throat she jumped back and lashed her paw out at him, snarling. While she had indeed been doing well, the girl was starting to get tired. The only thing that had kept her going this long was her speed, and as an unpracticed warrior she lacked the stamina that came with practice and experience. Her sides were heaving as she tried to gain breath from the sparing, and soon she began to focus on the pain in her lungs other than his snaps and attacks. When she was too busy concentrating on her need to breathe she missed the sight of Augustus coming forward again with his fangs bared.

Not acting quickly enough she soon fell prey to his jaws, which clamped over the scruff of her neck in what seemed like a death grip. If her mate was holding back so he wouldn’t hurt her, it was only by a little bit. The girl winced, froze for a second, and then tried to turn her head and snap at him. She had to break his grip or he’d have her on the ground in minutes. With a loud growl she started to thrash, bucking against the grip on her scruff and hurting herself in the process. Normally she would have submitted, but she’d done so well that now she was stubborn and determined to prolong her inevitable loss.

<style type="text/css">
.COC {text-align:center; font-family:redressed, cursive; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; color:#47300f; margin:5px 0px -5px; font-weight:bold;}
.COC1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#79602a; background-image:url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Alphawolf155/ciaoc.png"); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #323020; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
[html]
Augustus

OOC: Pretty short here, too >.<Word count→000

Her paw found his muzzle and he tossed his head back, snarling. The flesh was still tender there from the scar that peeked just over the top of his muzzle. When he studied her in his yellow gaze he could see the weariness in her heavy breathing, and see it in how slow her moves had become. His body trembled with the excitement. He knew he was winning now, she wouldn't be able to hold him off for much longer. His tail dared to wag behind him, even as it was arched above his back.

His jaws found purchase in her scruff and he held her firm, gripping just short of drawing blood. He had to make a point now, didn't he? Her enemies would not be so merciful as he, and she needed to be prepared. He was doing his mate a service, he thought, by pressing her so aggressively. There was no doubt in his mind now that she was capable of defending the pack, but he wouldn't tell her that, not yet. Now it was his own pride as a male, as her mate, a drive to dominate. It was also due to frustration that had been mounting in his body, left unsatisfied for too long.

He held firm even while she snapped at him. A jerk served as an attempt to jolt her attention from the worthless pursuit. He reared up, placing a foreleg on each of her shoulders. Throwing his weight at her he twisted her scruff, and pushed with his legs, trying to use his superiour size and strength to topple her over.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ciara O'Callahan

OOC: Just as short and a month late, so you win!

She felt irritation spike at the wagging of his tail, even as she laboured for breath and her sides heaved with the effort. The girl was slowing down, not trained enough to have the stamina of her mate. Still she managed a dark growl at his display of confidence, stomping on paw on the ground in front of her as if refusing him the right to think he’d won. She would show him!

Seconds later the girl tried to lunge again, only to be met with the full force of his body. He was much larger than her and so it wasn’t difficult for him to catch her in his jaws and hold her scruff tightly. Her brown eyes widened when she realized she’d been caught, and immediately began to struggle. Each thrash she made caused his fangs to bite into her flesh a little more, and she snarled indignantly, the pain taunting her and chanting in her mind the sound of her impending loss.

Soon his paws were hooking around her, weight was applied…and the next instant Ciara was on the ground beneath him. She landed half on her back and half on her side with her belly showing, twisted enough that he didn’t rip the flesh of her scruff in his jaws. She thought of struggling more but really, there was nothing she could do. Grumbling, definitely a poor loser, Ciara reluctantly pinned her ears back. Her tail kept the posture it’d had when she marched in to interrupt his dignified whiz and her eyes remained locked with his.

He might have won, but he’d have to earn her complete submission.

<style type="text/css">
[html]
Augustus

OOC: Word count→000

A smirk played on his muzzle as a frustrated paw stomped the ground. His teeth sunk further into her scruff as she thrashed and struggled about. A growl was torn from him with the reckless motion. His eyes narrowed and he held her firmly, squeezing harder to ensure he didn't loose his grip. Any additional ounce of pressure and her flesh would part beneath the pale daggers of his canines. He could almost hear his heart beating in his ears, ticking away the moment until her inevitable surrender. Mate or no this was exhilarating He could stand to be more physical with his mate than he could with Tharin. She would understand that he would never truly hurt her, and his display of dominance wasn't to gain any greater standing within the pack.

The sheer weight of him was enough to make her twist to the ground, half on her side half on her back, and all the while he gripped her scruff. He positioned himself over her, grappling at her scruff and adjusting his grip as he moved to stand directly on top of her, making sure she would not be able to escape him and finally released his grip. Augustus's muzzle moved to hover over her partially exposed throat, teeth bared as if he were about to snap his jaws around her windpipe, but instead he withdrew, pulling his head back as his soundless snarl morphed into a smirk instead. Black dusted tail swayed rigidly arced just a little over his back. He knew he had won, and his sense of triumph built when he saw her ears pinned back to her head, though her tail hadn't tucked. His lips pulled back again and he pressed his snout into her throat, growling.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +400

Ciara’s struggles continued until her mate’s fangs dug even deeper into her scruff. She’d expected him to just let her go once she rolled onto her back but he kept his grip, wrenching her nape painfully. A whimper rose and while she tried to stamp it out she couldn’t quite do it. This was embarrassing. The golden girl was learning that she absolutely hated to lose.

And yet, seeing Augustus hovering over her while keeping his grip was sort of exhilarating. She knew the darker side of herself that liked him to be dominant, and now he was even more so than she’d ever seen him. Her earthen eyes widened when he stood over her and she pressed her ears even flatter against her skull. Her tail remained untucked, and her gaze kept its line with his. She refused to completely give up so easily.

The girl tried to find a way to get him off her even as he pinned her. She twisted and kicked with her hind legs for a few minutes after he bared his teeth at her but quickly realized that would get her nowhere. She had no other resources to get away from him. His size was simply too much for her, and his strength made hers seem laughable. She stared up at him still, taking a moment to let her loss really sink in.

Her sides heaved in a sigh as she finally accepted it. Augustus was angry with her for not submitting fully and she understood. It was his right to be dominant now, not only because he was male and her mate but because he had won their duel. When his jaws closed lightly over her throat she whimpered a second time, and twitched her tail. His smirk caused a fire to flare inside her, a defiant little spark, but it was clear he saw it by what he did next.

The nose against her throat and the deep growl sent shivers down her spine. Immediately she flattened her ears, tucked her tail tight against her belly and whimpered for him. Her jaws parted and she licked as best as she could at his snout, the submissive lashes of her tongue meant to be apologetic and soothing. Even though it sucked for her, she’d have to deal with him being smug.

<style type="text/css">
.ciaramoose b {font-weight:bold; color:#8a6c32; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e250f; }
.ciaramoose p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ciaramoose {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hywiQ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#140501; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.ciaramoose p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.ciaramoose p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]