Night's Calling
[html]

Alastar
One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams.

OOC Text:

Word Count: 543

The little wolf-dog let out a long sigh as she trotted up the hillside. Her tail drooped behind her body, and her tongue lolled out of her muzzle. Alastar couldn't sleep. She was unaware of the exact time. Mato had returned to the den already, so it was late, but the poor pup couldn't find any sleep whatsoever. So she wiggled away from Mato's snores for a short exploration. Physically, her body wanted the sleep, but her mind was refusing. She had been so excited about playing with Athena during the day, and meeting her bear mother Nanuak. It was great, and they'd had so much fun! Alastar, though, had not told Mato; she was afraid he'd tell her he couldn't play with Athena, or go see Nanuak and learn how to fish instead of hunt berries. Alastar would be sad if he said that, but, of course, one day, she would have to tell him.

But not tonight. Not tomorrow. Athena and Nanuak would be Alastar's little secret. Perhaps that was why she could not sleep. Alastar did not like secrets, but she did not want to risk losing her new friend. And, as she came to the top of the hill, she took a big yawn and stretched her paws. The night was beautiful. Alastar loved it, and the only time she really got to see it now was when she left the den during the night to relieve herself. Trees obscured most of the night, but the moon lit the ground floor regardless of the restricted view. Little sparkles littered the sky as well. What were they called? Stars? Yes, that's right. Alastar tilted her head upwards. Her bright, golden eyes reflected the lights being shone on them. She smiled and her tail thumped absentmindedly.

The night was truly, honestly beautiful. Occasionally there was the call of a night owl, the ceaseless chirp of crickets. Alastar loved them all. It seemed to be much cooler than the day time, and Alastar hated heat. She loved the cold, and she looked forward to the winter, when Mato said there would be cold white stuff all over, but she forgot what it was called exactly. For now though, there was a lingering humidity in the air, but there was a soft breeze. In fact, the breeze caused Alastar's nose to twitch, and the fur on the nape of her neck to stir. Instinctively she released a growl, then scurried to the base of a tree so she could be out of sight. She hid her paws, and laid her head down, so her white bits wouldn't be showing.

There was an unfamiliar scent on the wind this time, and it was not a bear. It was canine. Alastar's body ached with a whine, and she wondered if she could slink back to the den. She not dare try, however; the dirt and grass would make too much noise should whatever canine was out there be predatory. So, instead, she sighed, closed her eyes, and listened. From the scent, she could detect, there were two distinct ones. Two wolves. Try as she might though, that's all she could tell, so she lay very still. Her eyes reopened, and Alastar watched the forest intently.

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one, but both of us.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Thana’s anger was building quickly, bringing forth a powerful rage and hatred. She finally decided to leave Casa di Cavalieri temporarily, wanting nothing more than to hunt down the ones responsible for the pain that was inflicted on her heart for the second time. This was the reason why she didn’t get close to others, especially males, all they did was cause harm. Now they would learn why it was a very bad idea to cause her pain.

With her dagger strapped to her thigh and her twin blades on her back, she was about to leave when Anna grabbed her arm. Turning around, Thana saw that her adopted daughter had her bow and dagger. It seemed she wanted to come with, knowing what her mother had planned. The two quietly left Casa and started to make their way to Sangi’lak, being careful not to wake anyone inside Casa as they left.

It was around midnight when Thana picked up the scent of a female pup and a bear. Was the pup being hunted? Wanting to make sure the pup was safe, Thana headed in the direction the scent was coming from. She knew the pup was close by but didn’t see her at first. It was Anna who finally found her under the tree. She took off her cloths and weapons and quickly shifted into lupus form, hoping to make the girl feel more comfortable. Hey there. We aren’t going to hurt you. You can come on out. She gave the pup a very friendly smile as Thana sat down beside Anna. I’m Anna and this is my mama Thana. Neither one was sure if the pup would come out or not but they hoped she would.

<style>
.thanawoods .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.thanawoods p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.thanawoods b {color:#0B614B; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.thanawoods {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... hana-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:360px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5F877D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.thanawoods-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.thanawoods .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #0B614B; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Alastar
One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams.

OOC Text:

Word Count: 514

Alastar, at first bewildered by the pair's Optime forms, stared in awe. It took her a moment but their words then registered, and she wriggled out from the little tree hole she was in. The smaller canine form spoke, and Alastar liked her voice. It was kind. The pup noticed that, though she could shift, Anna was closer to her size. Perhaps Anna was closer to her age, too.

Huh, is been a long time since I saw some 'un shift, maybe...two, three weeks, I los' count. I's not good at countin'. Anyway, is nice to meet ya both...Mah name's Alastar. The wolf-dog pup suddenly felt tired again, but fought the fatigue and forced herself to touch her nose to Anna's foreleg. Wasn't really scared of ya gonna hurtin' me, an' I just met another wolf today too, but ya never know! Crazy peoples' in the woods sometimes. She giggled a little, then sat down, observing the two. Thana was quite obviously older than Anna or herself, being the little one's mother. Alastar's tail thumped and she smiled. Whatcha two doin' here?

Alastar let out another yawn, then stood up to stretch. She shook her fur out and whined softly, feeling her muscles wake up again. They tensed when she hid, and she had almost fallen asleep. As she let her golden eyes continue to watch the two, she noticed that they had things she'd never seen before. In fact, not even her Luperci parents had stuff like that. When Anna had disrobed and disarmed herself, Alastar saw; perhaps they were these clothes that Alastar's parents spoke of sometimes. Alastar never had clothes, nor did her parents. They felt as though wolves, even Luperci, should keep their bodies natural, and free of worldly material. They only fought using their body, as well. Were some of their things weapons? Alastar wondered, and wound up unknowingly starting at the pile of supplies Anna had set down. It intrigued her. She wondered would she ever be able to use them. Her parents would have never let her. Let alone let her fight. Brogan, her brother, was learning from her father...but Alastar was a female. A girl. She was expected to be a craftsmaker, at least, that is what her mother told her, in front of her father...To make things, such as baskets, and pouches, to hold food, and store it. To cook the meat on fires, and to take care of animal hides for blankets, decoration, and other rituals.

But these two wolves had things Alastar wanted to learn about. From her mother, Alastar learned some wolves could... read. It was like storytelling time, only written in symbols on paper. This intrigued Alastar even more, because she loved the stories. Breaking her stare, and feeling a bit embarrassed for having looked so long, she glanced up at Thana, who was seemingly in charge. She quickly racked her tired brain for something to say. Uh...My bud Mato says that wild cats live further up north, an' hunt at night'. Yer not gonna go up der now, are ya?"

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one, but both of us.

[/html]