The only solution is to stand alone
[html]

Summer rains pattered on the roof, dark clouds shading the sun and making the afternoon’s glow as dim as dusk. Anu look out, watching the sudden harsh fall of water from swiftly moving clouds. It was unexpected, but one could not expect much when their mind was so consumed. She had been gathering buckets and crates, cleaning the barn and piling the useless debris for Cypress to come with Engelmann and haul it away. They needed to prepare for the late summer harvest. The trees were heavy with apples and once ripe they would need to pick them quickly before they spoiled on the branch.

As the woman busied herself there came a bustle of energy through the door. Anu turned to see her russet son standing just beyond the doorway, panting from his obvious rush to escape from the rain. Mother. he spoke, the look on his face telling the intuitive wolfess that he had not expected to see her there. She took a moment, watching him before her voice rose to reply. He had been missing for some time, though present in body he was far away in the ways of mind and emotion.

Oak, did the rain catch you? She asked with her naturally soft tone. She wished to know what was on his mind and took his thoughts and presence so far from her and the Cider Barn. He took only a moment before replying, It did. After his words he took off the belt and axe, to rest beyond their conversation and sat to respite his own body. Anu looked to him, and then turned to continue arranging the old crates.

There was silence for a few minutes, the time counted only by her patience and his anxiety. It was building, the tension thickly lacing the air. Mother, I. He began, and she turned to see the fruit of her patience. Blue eyes met their match, and she waited still. I may have found a pack. Cassia and I, he paused, and the mother took a step forward. She was not shocked, her face placid and unmoving. The day would come, this Anu had known. She was surprised that she had had to wait so long.

we think it may be worth looking into. I have met a leader of theirs, and they seem different. And she met a member too. Both females, they seem nice. They call it Vinátta She had looked away, thoughtfully at her paws, but now she looked back. She had heard the name too, Fritz was there. A former Dreamer called it home and now her own son and Cassia wished to see it for themselves. I know of it. She replied, a smile touching her lips. You should go, and see if it suits you. They could use a woodsman like you, and a warrior like Cassia. Another smile. Her heart pained at the thought of them being apart, and yet it was a mother duty to do what was best for their son rather then herself.

I will see if we belong, and then maybe you could come and see too. He looked to her with sorrowful eyes, waiting for her to accept his invitation. She knew he did not want to leave her but the instincts of the wolf inside told him that he needed to go. She thought of Cypress, and how he would likely stay with her for some time. He enjoyed the orchards and the tasks that were at hand. But the things that Oak acceded at superseded the small farm then had settled on.

She nodded, I will await for your return. Travel safely, and be cautious of those you meet. He stood to embrace her, his black nose touched her forehead in a loving gesture and then he turned to gather his axe. Pelt of red and black walked out into the rain, a new unrest and earnest energy following him. And leaving behind one filled with sorrow and insecurity.

[/html]