Toes In the Water, A$$ In the Sand
[html]

Word count: 547 Hey! Sorry if it's a little long, but I kinda got on a writing rampage. Just couldn't stop, ya know? Anyway, hope you like it Smile

The waves crashed down onto the shore as the luperci wondered whether to jump into one or not. He remembered taking a trip with his mother to a place like this once where he had played in the waves, but that was a long time ago. He plopped down in the sand, not sure what he wanted to do. Well, he knew what he wanted to do, he just didn’t know if it was safe or not. A moment ago he had stepped in a little ways and almost got whisked away by the powerful tides coming in. He sat there picking up sand and watching it fall out of his hand from pure boredom. He flinched when sharp talons landed on his head.

“What do you think I should do?” the wolf asked his friend. The hawk stared at him with a look in her eyes that meant only one thing.

“Water too strong. Get pulled. Stupid wolf,” she said, delivering a light peck to the side of his head.

Sighing in submission, Leichi looked up at the stars in the cloudless night sky. He had never remembered a time when he felt this at peace. He had nothing to worry about, just the sand in his toes and the cool, night, ocean breeze. The wolf shivered when spray from the ocean whipped up into the air and misted him. As the tide grew stronger from the pull of the moon, it lapped at his feet. Amused, Leichi playfully tapped at the water with his toes, enjoying the small “sploosh” sound it made.

“Ow! What the,” the young wolf cried out in pain when something extremely sharp hit the bottom of his foot.

He brought his foot up to him, studying where the pain had come from. There was a small shard of glass caught in his skin. Hesitantly, he took the glass in his fingers and quickly pulled it out. There was a split second of pain, but it quickly left him. Out of curiosity, Leichi sifted through the wet sand to see if he could find where the shard had come from. Where there more that he wasn’t aware of? His hand hit something hand and he grasped the skinnier part of it. Pulling the object out of the sand, he soon found a bottle in his hand.

There was a wet piece of paper inside of the broken bottle, only hanging on by a point where it had stabbed through the paper. He peeled the slip off of the glass but couldn’t make out the smudged words. There was an ‘m’ and then an ‘r’ and then a ‘y’. Moving on to the next word, there was an ‘m’ ‘e’ ‘?’. Compelled by what this piece of paper had once said, the wolf was disappointed he wasn’t able to learn more about what these words were supposed to spell out.

Feeling overwhelmed by tiredness, he fell back and landed with a small thud in the soft sand. Closing his eyes, Leichi let out a long sigh and relaxed as the water now lapped at his ankles, cooling him off under all of his thick fur. How he wished he could stay like this forever.

<style type="text/css">
.leich01 .space {width:250px; height:275px; float:right;}
.leich01 b {color:#001633;}
.leich01 t {font-weight:bold; color:#4e3f2a;}
.leich01 p.ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.leich01 p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.leich01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.leich01 {margin:0px auto; width:100%; max-width:600px; background-color:#c8bdad; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/m9jHm.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:'Times New Roman', times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#3b3833; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: No table yet. :c Leichi, meet the spoiled rotten pup. Big Grin

Well this certainly what she had hoped. This place was very strange. Most of it was forest and she dare not tread into any of the pack lands for fear of them fighting her off. She was young, but she knew the general guidelines for surviving if you were a loner. She'd been on her own for only a few months now and was growing tired of finding her own food and sleeping on the ground. It didn't suite a princess to sleep in the dirt. Revena huffed as she trudged through the forest not quite sure where she was going. She knew she should probably stop for the night soon but was much too stubborn to admit defeat to her sore and tender feet.

I hate the forest....stupid forest. She scoffed as she continued walking. She really didn't have anything in her possession except for the clothes on her back, which wasn't much. She wore a pair of short shorts and a simple blouse. Her hands were both in bracers which she really didn't know how to use, she simply liked the way they looked and they matched her red hair. The coy-dog had a small simple leather bag with few belongings in it. Most just some other clothes and some jewelry her mother and pack mates gave her, mostly out of fear for the young woman. She also had a small dagger which her father gave her too keep her safe, but she didn't even know how to use it.

Revena continued to mutter displeasures to herself as she used the trees to hold herself up. She was in a sour mood and really just wanted to fall asleep. But, the forest just didn't suite her. Generally she found an old building to fall asleep in but there were none in sight and hadn't been for miles. Another's scent reached her nose and her muzzle wrinkled in a small snarl. She didn't like the fact that there were strangers out and about and she had no means to protect herself. But, maybe they could help figure out where she should go next. Part of her thought that maybe she shouldn't have left her pack, but they didn't suite her and she deserved better. Revena soon broke out onto the beach and the cool night breeze met her skin, ruffling her soft fur. A hand came up to brush the hair from her face and hold her bangs back as her toes pressed into the soft sand. The beach is even worse than the forest. I hate sand. Another discontented huff escaped her as hazel eyes searched the surroundings for the scent she'd picked up.

There he was. Black as midnight itself laying on the beach as if the sand was a blanket. Revena voiced her disapproval of the beach by means of a growl and started to walk towards him. When she reached him she looked down at him, brow furrowed and head held high. Tell me where I can get away from all this forest and sand. Ugh, I can't stand this place. She demanded, not caring whether he was sleeping or not. Her priorities came before anyone else's. The young girl gave him a nudge in the side with her foot beckoning him to wake up and answer her question. Hello?! I asked something of you.
[html]

Word count: 307 I'm wondering how she'll react to Timmy haha Smile

The timber wolf was rudely awaked by a kick to the side. Snapping his body upward into a sitting position, he whipped his head around to see what had begun to pester him. He cocked his head to the side curiously when he saw another wolf standing over him, looking down on him impatiently.

“Hello?! I asked something of you,” the young wolf spat snobbishly. Yawning, Leichi stood up and brushed the sand off of his fur.

“I’m sorry, but what did you ask of me?” he asked sleepily, stretching out his arms.

The bratty coydog repeated herself, apparently asking him where she could get away from the forest and the sand. Leichi tried to hold in a laugh, but a small amused snort was able to escape from him. He then swept his arm around, extending his arm to the area around him.

“Sorry to tell you, but that’s all this place is,” he chuckled, “If you’re looking for a place to sleep for the night, I could help you find one that suits your, um, expectations,” he offered. He then felt slight pinching as sharp talons lightly grasped his shoulder.

“Timmy no like dog. Think too bossy,” his hawk stated.

On the inside, Leichi was agreeing with her. He would never say that out loud though, not wanting to hurt his new acquaintance’s feelings. She did seem to think she had some sort of authority over him, which Leichi didn’t understand. Maybe she grew up in a pack where she was very important, and maybe she still thought that. Clearing his throat, the wolf started to speak.

“So, um, I’m Leichi and that’s Timmy. What’s your name, Your Highness?” he asked, doing a curt little bow. Why not have a little fun with her “authority”, huh?

<style type="text/css">
.leich01 .space {width:250px; height:275px; float:right;}
.leich01 b {color:#001633;}
.leich01 t {font-weight:bold; color:#4e3f2a;}
.leich01 p.ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.leich01 p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.leich01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.leich01 {margin:0px auto; width:100%; max-width:600px; background-color:#c8bdad; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/m9jHm.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:'Times New Roman', times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#3b3833; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Glaring hazel eyes didn't leave the man as he stood up and her hands moved to cross over her chest as she puffed herself up proudly. Ugh, the stranger sure was slow which didn't bode well for him. Revena rolled her eyes and huffed loudly. I said. Show me where I can escape the sand and the forest. It was a big request. Where she lived before, her pack had built houses and lived lavishly. The forest was somewhere one only treaded if they wanted food and Revena never hunted for herself, so, she never went into the forest. Until she left and found out it was a place she didn't care for.

A snort was the black wolf's response to her question and a look of disbelief washed over the young girl's face. Her brows folded inwards as her glare became a death stare. How dare he laugh at her. Her eyes remained planted on him as he motioned to the forest. She knew for a fact that there were buildings and old towns in the forest, she just couldn't find one tonight. You lie. She expected him to help her, that's why she came here. Revena sighed impatiently. Isn't that what I asked for? God you're slow. Eyes flitted to the hawk as it landed on the man's shoulder and squawked loudly. The young coy-dog didn't understand low speech but she had the feeling the bird said something rude about her. She glared at it as well and then turned to walk towards the ocean which was only a few feet away.

Her feet entered the water, making a small splash. The numbing temperature of the ocean helped soothe her tired feet. The dappled girl sat down with her feet in reach of the water, letting the waves wash over them. A relaxed sigh escaped her lips as she leaned back, using her arms to prop herself up. She let her head fall backwards so she could see the man standing behind her. When he spoke next, she knew he was joking but took it as though he truly was respecting her authority. A smile crossed her lips and a mocking chuckle echoed into black night sky. Hm, maybe you aren't so slow. I'm Revena Shmit. Well, Leichi and...uh, Timmy... What strange names. You say you'll help me find somewhere to stay? Good. I'm exhausted. Just as she said that, the reality of just how tired she was hit her, a yawn forced her mouth open and finished with a childish whine.