raise a tempest
[html]

Smile feel free to have her spoil his hunt!

Soft paws tread lightly on the hard, packed dirt of the forest floor. Shades and hues of green and yellow flickered from the filtered sunlight above, spilling over leaves and falling to light the feline's way; his own slit emerald eyes were focused forward, ears straight and erect, tail low and balanced, paws scarcely making a sound. The focus of his gaze, a red squirrel.

Stalking.. a near art form. Painfully careful to make not the slightest sound, heeding where the wind was carried as to not alert with even the smallest scent, hidden in the shadows so his dark pelt could conceal his feline form. He crept forward, muscles rolling smoothly together, until he was a sufficient distance from his target; bunching up his haunches and drawing out his claws, he prepared to pounce.

<style type="text/css">
.elementfreebee01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c7d0b0; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e3d34; }
.elementfreebee01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3d34; text-align:center;}
.elementfreebee01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.elementfreebee01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#828a6b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebee02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c7d0b0; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3d34; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.elementfreebee01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #3e3d34; margin:0 auto;}
.elementfreebee01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #c7d0b0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOC: Lupus Form. Smile

No matter how much time she spent in the forest, it never got any easier to deal with. She'd been sleeping in dirt or abandoned buildings at night and during the day she was usually catching herself food. Her fur was a mess, her hair was growing faded, her roots were the mocha brown of the rest of her. Her clothes needed to be washed and were dirty. Ugh! This just wasn't good enough for the young princess. She needed to find a pack to take her in, and soon. The only problem was it couldn't be any pack. It had to pass her expectations or they'd be turned down. She often had second thoughts about leaving her own pack, but then remembered how everyone treated her like a child. Yes, they did her bidding. But, she was old enough to take care of herself and that's what she would do.

Revena trudged through the forest, her feet sore and tired as they had been every day for the past few weeks. She spent most of her time on them, constantly traveling to get to an unknown destination. A rumble echoed from her stomach and she realized that she hadn't eaten. Great. Another reason to stay on her weary feet. Hazel eyes searched her surroundings for an easy and quick meal, while her nose sifted through the many scents of the forest for one that meant prey. Doggish ears twitched as she picked up the scurrying of a rodent and soon her eyes found the small prey. A squirrel. Not good enough for Revena. She spat at the squirrel who was unaware of her presence. Growing low on patience she thew a warning bark in the direction of the squirrel and sent it running off in the other direction. The coy-dog playfully chased it and yelped at it for a short while, growling as it fled from her view.

Once it was gone, she huffed and continued on searching for something worthy to snack on. A couple more steps and an interesting scent wafted into her nostrils. A cat? The young girl cocked her head and searched the brush for the origin of the scent but her eyes couldn't pick out anything distinct from the earthy tones of the forest. Kitty, kitty? She mocked hoping to draw out the cat. Sun kissed eyes continued to search but still couldn't find the feline in the forest. Her patience was quickly drawing to a close. Another bark was sent in the direction she thought the cat came from. Come out. Now. The girl demanded getting frustrated that the cat could hide so easily.
[html]

Just as his muscles bunched and were about to let loose, a loud, unbearable noise startled the squirrel and sent it running. Element backed up quickly, hiding in the darkness of shadows before he scented and heard what he had not before, so wrapped up in his hunt - a canine. He watched as the dog emerged from view and chased the squirrel, barking and yapping before letting it go. Element flattened his ears, his eyes narrowing in anger; he was hunting for food to survive, and this canine chased it off as if it were a mere game?

His annoyance only grew as she called out to him, finally ordering him to come out. The feline could have laughed; his independent nature combined with the very nature of the cat left him sitting in the shadows, watching and seeing the dog, yet not being seen himself. He stood straight and tall in the shadows - although the dog could not see him, he was still proud, still poised.

"No."

<style type="text/css">
.elementfreebee01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c7d0b0; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e3d34; }
.elementfreebee01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3d34; text-align:center;}
.elementfreebee01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#828a6b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebee02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c7d0b0; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3d34; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.elementfreebee01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #3e3d34; margin:0 auto;}
.elementfreebee01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #c7d0b0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
Despite the question, the mysterious feline refused to show itself and verbally pretested doing so. Revena didn't like that one bit. Refusing her was something that nobody had ever done before and even now, she wouldn't accept "No" for an answer. Revena raised her head and furrowed her brow as if she were royalty, a small growl rumbled from her chest as her eyes continued to search for the cat. Now her patience was gone and she wouldn't have a cat telling her "no". The dappled coy-wolf began to walk in the direction the scent was emanating from. She would find this stupid cat. Come out! You do what I say, and I say come out. Her voice raised as she spoke becoming more frustrated by the moment. Although, it probably wasn't helping the situation.

An idea popped into the girl's head as she walked, a smug grin spreading across her lips. Okay. We'll play a game. Hot or cold. If I get close you have to tell me, if I get far, you have to tell me too. Even though she thought of herself as a young woman, games were always fun and she would never turn down the chance to play one, even if she'd rather skip to the ending. Ready Kitty? She began to walk in the direction of the cat knowing she was somewhere around the area. She knew if the cat were to stay still that she'd have no trouble finding it, but she wasn't stupid. Revena kept her head low and her eyes on the forest. She would catch any movement that was out of place. A snarl tugged at her maw, not at all pleased with this strange feline.
[html]

Element twitched his tail slightly in amusement at the canine's antics - although she seemed to be an adult, she was very clearly acting like a pup, and seemed to despise the fact that he had said no to her. So much so that she demanded again that he show himself - even going so far as to saying that he must do what she said. She reminded him slightly of the small puppy, Nayru, who once ordered him away from her packlands, although the small black and white pup was nowhere near as irritating as this canine.

"No," he said once again to the canine's demands, his voice cold and aloof as if he were talking about the weather. He would have simply walked away, but he was still upset at the loss of his prey, so very close to his jaws - so the feline stood when he sensed her come closer, and quietly stalked away from the spot where he had been. She could try to find him, but he, now hidden in a bush farther away from she, would not make it easy for her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
The cat refused to play her game as well but Revena continued onward in hopes that he'd eventually join in the game she played. Even as Revena drew closer to the feline's scent, it didn't speak lending her no clues to where it was. The speckled coy-dog never seemed to get close to the scent no matter how many steps she took towards it which meant the cat was moving. Even though her eyes were sifting through the bushes and trees, she could see nothing moving with her poor vision. The silence was more irritating that the cat saying 'no' to her and she was close to simply hunting the cat and eating it as a snack. But, how could she hunt something that was this smart?

Another growl rolled off her tongue as she walked, in what seemed like, circles. Why won't you play my game? Why won't you show yourself to me? I asked you. It simply didn't register that the cat would not listen to her. Revena was beyond frustrated now, but she wouldn't let a stupid cat win. The impatient hybrid continued to circle in hopes that the cat would slip up and reveal itself. Revena decided that continuing to hunt for the cat would go without results and gave up for the moment. Her feet were tired and her patience at end. There was no room for the cat's antics today. Are you scared? She teased, not that it would help.
[html]

He watched silently as she circled around the area, attempting in vain to find the silent feline. Slowly, quietly, he flitted up a nearby tree as if a bird, perched in one of the branches, not attempting to hide any longer. Aloof and without care for the canine, he began to lick his paw, drawing it over his head to clean himself, causing his glossy fur to shine even more in the dim sun.

Now that he could see her clearly (and she would be able to see him if she thought to look up), he could see that clean fur was not something that could be said for her. Dirty, ragged fur covered the canine, and he wondered if she ever cared to even bathe. He ignored all of her words save for the very last ones - then, he sniffed, and simply replied;

"Are you?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
Her questions were left unanswered, an irritating silence filling the air in the forest around her. Hazel eyes scanned the forest restlessly, with no results. Somehow the cat was circling around her without making a single noise or any movement whatsoever. Revena gave up for a few moment simply listening to her surroundings, but still, nothing changed. Until, the voice of the cat wafted into her chocolate, mocha, and white splotched ears. Her head jerked in the direction the voice had come from and there it was, the extremely irritating black feline with mocking yellow eyes. Revena released a growl and stepped closer to where the cat was, came to a halt, and glared up at him.

Laughter was the coy-dog's response to the cat's question. How silly the feline was to think she was scared. That's a ridiculous question. Why would I be scared of a cat? You're the last creature I would be scared of. Revena planted herself on the ground and her eyes on the cat, it wouldn't be going anywhere without her noticing. She raised a brow as she gazed up, utterly mirthless. Looks like you're playing a game of your own without my consent. It's getting old. Who are you? She would have never pinned a cat for being intelligent, obviously she was wrong. Still, she thought little of the black coated creature.
[html]

element's reminding me of the cheshire cat xD

"I did not ask if you were afraid of me," he said sardonically, still licking his chest and paws nonchalantly. He agreed that it would be ridiculous for any predator in the forest to be afraid of the male cat - it was possible that he was one of the smallest predators in the entirety of Nova Scotia, and no danger to anything larger than a shrew. Fear itself, however - now that was something possible for the dirty, tattered female who seemed so entitled, although she was below him rather than above.

He peered down at her, narrowing his dark pupils until they were as thin as pine needles, floating in an emerald green sea. He scrutinized her carefully, from her fur to her feet to her ears to her eyes. He took his time - he was not in any hurry, and if she decided to leave in her impatience, he would not care; something told him that she might stay, however. It was clear that she was used to getting what she wanted - she probably was adored, wherever she had come from. What love was she getting now?

"Who are you?" the dark feline asked, his intense, unblinking gaze still trained on her. His feline curiousity took a hold of him, wondering how long this canine had been living in the land of Nova Scotia - and he wondered how she had not been killed yet with her demanding attitude.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOC: I know right. So many questions. X3

The cat was simply confusing Revena with questions that held no relevance. It was almost as if he were throwing the first question that came to his mind at her, obviously not caring about anything while he cleaned himself. The splotched female shook her head in disbelief. Talking to this feline wasn't getting her anywhere. Why bother prodding him? Well, to her it was because he was asserting himself as more dominant than she, and she wouldn't have that. Well, I'm not afraid of anything. Especially not you. So, I don't see the point of that question. When I asked you if you were scared, it made sense... Revena huffed emphatically. What was the point in explaining herself to this random cat who was lesser than her?

The cat obviously thought lower of her, she could see it in his annoyingly big eyes that took several moments to gaze at her. What a bad day for a stranger to see her. She hadn't been able to maintain her coat the way she usually did. She narrowed her gaze on him, how dare he judge her. He shouldn't be, he was a cat after all. A domestic cat at that. A creature like him shouldn't be able to survive in the forest, destined to be eaten by her or any other hungry canine. Surely his fate would fall into the claws of a hunting predator eventually. Even though he sat there, judging her, she stayed quiet and calm. Although she'd much rather knock him out of that tree and take his fate into her own hands ending his life slowly and painfully. They'd see who was scared then.

Every question she tossed at him was deflected with yet another question. She wouldn't be getting any answers out of him if she kept asking more questions. With a low growl and a sigh, she spoke, her voice more than hinting of her annoyance. Revena Shmit, not that it makes a difference to you. Now that I've answered on of your questions, you have to answer one of mine. Who are you. It's only fair that you tell me now. She didn't expect much from him. He'd probably just turn her question away and ask yet another of his own.
[html]

"Not afraid of anything?" he asked slowly and lazily, stretching his body along the branch so that he was now lying on his back, his tail curled around the rough bark.

"You should be." He did not say any more, but simply continued to stare at her. She was, of course, stronger than him - but he knew many, many canines in the area of 'Souls that were stronger than her, and many more that did not enjoy attitudes like the one she held. He had seen wolves and coyotes and dogs kill each other over a territory dispute - imagine what one would do to a lone canine who thought herself better than everyone she met!

Revena Shmit. "I have never heard of you," he said truthfully. It was curious - many canines he knew held surnames he had heard before - Souls and Lykois and de le Poers and Stormbringers, all plenty of them to spare. He had thought that this girl who thought herself larger than life would at least have a recognizable surname - but he supposed not.

"I am Element," he said simply, deciding to answer at least one of her questions, since she had, despite herself, answered all of his thus far. "I am a shadow." It was true enough - although some attempted to make themselves as notorious as they could be, he himself was content to hide his black coat in the shadows of the city and the forest, to immerse himself in comforting darkness and observe the world around him curiously.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
The more the cat spoke, the more irritated Revena became. Her head was beginning to lower in a death stare upon the cat and her hackles raising slightly out of pure annoyance. What was even more annoying that the words he spoke was the demeanor in which he spoke and how he sat in the tree so nonchalantly. He was making Revena look like a fool and she didn't appreciate that one bit. She retaliated quickly and barked back. Nope, nothing. She raised her head proudly. Honestly, she couldn't think of anything she should be afraid of. All her life she was pampered and protected by everyone. Her parents made sure of that. So, with no history of danger, how was she to be afraid of something she never encountered?

He continued and she huffed. Oh? And why is that? Fright is for the weak, I'm not weak. She stated believing every word of what she said because what she said was law in her book. Revena scoffed when the feline stated he'd never heard of her but quickly realized that it made sense and calmed down. Of course he hadn't. This wasn't her home. Well, I'm not from here so that makes sense. Where I come from, everyone knows my name and my father and mother's names. The hybrid proudly boasted.

Finally, an answer! Element the cat. She raised a brow snidely at his name and laughed aloud as he stated that he was a shadow. You are not a shadow, you're a cat. You have the same fur color as a shadow and surely you can hide like a shadow, but you are definitely not a shadow. She held no interest in his figurative speech although she comprehended that he meant it that way. It was in her bones to turn everything into a blunt or rude comment.
[html]

He snorted quite audibly at her insistence that she was not afraid of anything, and that she should not be afraid of anything either. Oh, she should be quite afraid of things, particularly when they could get her killed. He remained silent, however, ignoring her question and simply staring at her until she began to loudly insist that Element was, in fact, not a shadow, and that he was simply a cat. He smirked slightly, the small smile and appraising look stuck on his face as he stared down at her.

"And you," he said softly, but loudly enough for her to hear, "are not a princess, or a ruler.. you may pretend you are, and think that you are, but you hold no power in these lands. No one has to do what you say.. and they won't." He looked lazily at his paw, licking it nonchalantly. Especially not me, he thought to himself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]