[p] was i too pretentious?
[html]
(361) optime form, around mid-evening. for pablo. Big Grin tell me if you need anything change!~ sparrow is just a kid in a candy store, basically. xD

She trod the street quietly as she cautiously wandered the city, her doe eyes large and widened to take in everything that was around her. Towers rose like straight, metallic trees, though they lacked any branches and their trunks were smooth and held no life within them. Or, at least it seemed like no one could live there, with jagged holes that were once windows and the strong scent of mildew leaking from the gaps, but some things thrived under pressure. Yet, Sparrow did not stay in one spot long enough to see if anyone truly lived in the tall buildings.

A bag was hanging at her side, worn with use, but nevertheless useful as she bent and picked up odds and bits that she saw every other minute. That was the first time she ever visited a large city, and though she felt small and was intimidated by her surroundings, she was having a field trip exploring the nooks and crannies, as if she was a pup again, venturing the world for the first time.

So far, she was pleased with what she gather: a hat, a shovel, pencils, and among other things. The hat was propped atop her head to keep the sun out of her eyes, and had to admit it was nicer than wearing a heavy hood to shade herself, and had found it laying with other clothing that she had no interest for. The shovel was found in a small alleyway and the woman thought that perhaps Emmanuelle could find use for it in the greenhouse, though she was tempted to keep it for herself, since it seemed handy. And, the pencils were going to be gifted to Myrika, since she supposed that she wrote a lot, being the Aquila.

Not yet satisfied, and feeling a bit greedy, she continued to search the sidewalks and some buildings for anything that caught her eye, like a magpie looking for something shiny to add to its nest. Everything seemed looted out already, but it did not deter her as she peered into car whose window has long ago been busted, and rummaged through the things that were boring and dull.

[/html]
(WC: 361 Still getting used to using Harv, so I apologize for poor quality. Hopefully it'll get better soon. ;u; )

It was in ruins, but it was something. Something that held some sort of relation to what he was used to, some place he could feel even the least bit comfortable exploring.
It wasn't much.

He wasn't sure if it was best to stay where he felt most familiar, or to venture off elsewhere, really starting his goal of having a new, fresh start to life, forgetting the past and the scars it left.
But that was easier said than done.

The red merle male had been involved in a gang in his homeland, a group of rough, merciless, fearless men with a thirst for blood and money. It was nothing to them, the simple life... Why be content with so little when rising to power could give you the world?
Harvey Butler was once one of those thinkers. One of those ruthless brutes who would easily end one's life to enrich his own.

But he was done now.
At least, he wanted to be.

The dog was ready to move on, finding a new land, a new home, and, hopefully, he'd maybe come across some new friends. Anything was better than what he had. Riches and the high life were nothing when the toll of what it took to obtain them weighed so heavily on his merle shoulders that it was becoming enough to break his back.

Because of this strange isolation in the wasteland of a city, Harvey had no idea where he was, or where he was going. Towers brought back memories of him strolling through the cities back home. He didn't know where he was, but he wasn't home anymore.

Outta make the best o' it, mate... He muttered to himself, his accent a strange combination of British dialects he'd acquired through traveling and through people we dared ever associate himself with. This is 'ome now... Where ever this is...

Alone and without any idea as to what else to do, Harvey sat, looking down to reveal his new 'chair' being a rusted hood to worn vehicle. Didn't matter to him what it was; his feet were growing sore, and he needed a rest.

He sighed heavily.
[html]
(300) pfft i liked your post! and i'm assuming he's close enough for her to see him. xD

All she found was soggy clothing and soaked wads of what once must have been paper. There was nothing that could be savagable, and she came to this conclusion after shifting through the wet materials once more, in case she missed anything. With a small sigh, she gripped on the round thing protruding from the dash of the inner, and pushed herself out. Only, the thing easily snapped under her light weight, plastic strength long ago eroded, and with muted yelp, she tumbled into the window.

Luckily, she managed to catch herself. Though her hands were now soaked, she was relieved that she did not fall face-first into the gunky mass. With a huff, she pushed herself up and backed away from the vehicle, still clinging to the wheel that she had broken off. She looked down at the circular thing curiously as she took a few steps forward, and stopped to fling it to the side.

She caught herself when she saw a nearby figure. It seemed to be sitting on one of the cars, alone, and silent. Sparrow stood there quietly, the wheel now held awkwardly in both of her hands. She was not sure if should hide, run away, continue to stand there, or what? What if this was his territory? She did not scent any borders, but she could have easily missed them.

After a moment of standing still, she bit her bottom and cautiously approached the Luperci. Once she was close enough to be heard, she stopped, and softly called out, tone nervous and eyes widened even further. "H-hello." Her hands gripped the object in her hands even tighter, in case it needed to be thrown at the man if he tried to attack her. He did not seem hostile, but she did not underestimate.

[/html]
(( WC: 278 - OOC: Alrighty! ;u; And sounds good to me~ ))

He'd let his mind wander off as he had been doing the last several days.

So the sudden greeting startled the red merle aussie.

Bloody hell! Ya should know be'er than t' sneak up on a bloke like tha'! He ranted, getting of the hood of of the car and dusting himself off. Why, if I-

His bi-coloured eyes had been forced into a glare, until Harvey stood and looked toward the source of the sound, his glance instantly softening.

Oh! Well... Do excuse me, miss. He smiled a bit nervously, ashamed of having lost his temper, especially in front of a lady, I wasn't aware o' a lady bein' present... Must 'ave given ya a fright, a bloke like me goin' off! Terribly sorry. The dog nodded, bowing some.

With a grin, and stood back up and eased his way closer, not wanting to intimidate the female in front of him. He raised his hands, showing that he held no weapon, and had no intentions of causing harm.

Me name's Harvey Butler, miss... Fancy seein' somebody around 'ere... His smirk was one to illuminate his confidence, a fitting bright smile for his larger-than-average ego, ...'specially such a lovely lil' bird much like yourself.

This girl seemed the shy type... Harvey Butler's favourite. Rebellious, independent, and attention craving women drove him up a wall, and he never found himself staying too level headed with the silent, cold and malicious crowd of lasses. Timid females grabbed his attention, as he found their cautiousness amusing, and their dependence attractive. In his opinion, a man was to provide for his needy family, as it was what made him important, respected...

Powerful.
[html]
(346)

She had expected the greeting to be more quiet than what had actually happened. Her voice was quiet enough, she had thought, that it would not scare the man, only disturb him from his thoughts. But, as he whipped around, spitting out strangely formed words at her, she discovered that she was wrong. She was quick to shrink half her size, ears pinned and eyes rounded, as he turned to face her. She hoped that her submission would be enough to distract him when she fleed, and tensed her arms as she prepared to fling the wheel aimlessly. She definately did not want to hit the man, only to perhaps anger him further, but to divert his attention while she scurried off.

But, it did not seem to be needed as the doggish Luperci suddenly calmed down when he got a good look at her. Sparrow continued to stare meekly back him at as he apologized, though she rose from her crouched position a little. "N-no, its okay," she stammered, still rattled at his outburst. It was unsuspecting, and even after the seconds that had passed her heart was still pounding feverently. "I s-shouldn't have snuck up on you like that... I-I'm sorry."

She watched as he bowed slightly, and shyly dipped her head back, unsure of what to do. She allowed him to step closer to her, and while she knew that he did not seem harmful, she kept her ears and tail down, and occassionally casted her gaze down. "I-I'm not lovely, Mr. Harvey," she disagreed quietly, becoming ever more timid by his talk; it was not like she found his comments uncomfortable, but more like they were unnecessary, and it only made her feel more awkward.

"Anyway, m-my name is Sparrow... Do you live here? I didn"t mean to trepass, if it is... I didn't smell any markers o-or anything," she added quickly, hoping that she did walk into his land. It was one thing to scare a canine, but to snope around his claim and taking what was in it was unbelievable. [/html]

(303)

He shook his head, stubborn about his fault. No, no... Ya really did no 'arm. I overreacted. Harvey had been dealing with his anger issues for some time now, and recently was putting himself through a sort of self-help, trying to use methods to calm himself down. He was been short-tempered, aggressive, and even violent in sudden outbursts, and though the victim usually deserved it, in his opinion, due to being annoying or intrusive, Harvey was trying what he could to rid himself of so much anger.

As he slowly came closer, he tilted his head some, as if confused by her words. Not lovely? Miss, I 'ave seen plenty young ladies durin' me time, an' I can assure ya tha' you're quite a lovely young woman. He murmured, getting closer as he did so. His tail swayed behind him, and his eyes were half-lidded as he smirked still.

Sparrow? Fittin' name for a sweet lil' bird, dontcha say? Miss Sparrow... Harvey sighed after repeating the name, but laughed jokingly afterward. Relax, love, ya seem so tense... Nah, miss, I don't much live 'ere.. Offically, tha' is. Been 'angin' 'round a while, but ain't got meself a real 'ome yet. Ya didn't trespass on anyfin' o' mine, so no worries, right? The aussie dog nodded.

He let out another sigh, one more exhausted, before looking Sparrow over amusingly.

Well, ain't tha' a nice collection o' stuff ya got there, isn't it? 'Ad me fill o' searchin' 'round, but didn't find too much t' me likin'... He was rambling now, glad to have company, and even happier that this stranger had his preferred personality; he felt at ease now, and could show his true colours without feelings of irritation, intimidation, or ignorance.

Though, knowing Harvey Butler, that may not always be a good thing.