against all odds.
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I have no idea when this is dated. o_o; I always imagine that Haven Manor looks like the plantation house out of Sweet Home Alabama. wc: 458

Something was truly eating at Khaden, and the more time he spent just sitting at the Manor, the more troubled he became. Nights sleeping knowing the disturbance of Conri and Naniko seemed to contribute to the problem - but it was something more than that, it had to be something more than that. The ebony boy pushed past the large wooden door, listening absently as it swung softly back to place. He strolled past the lobby, letting his long black digits trail against the old plantation walls. His claws clicked against the luxurious floor as he made his way towards the staircase, placing his hand lazily against the banister as he stayed deep in his pensive state.

It truly had to be something. He had to be able to do something about it. Paw step after paw step Khaden pulled himself upstairs, climbing past the first story of the house and revealing more of the bedrooms and roomier version of the house. He pushed his long, shifted fingers towards his muzzle, scratching underneath his chin inattentively. His mind wasn't confused, wasn't muddled, it was clear as day. He knew something was wrong, and tip-of-the-tongue syndrome and he knew that as clear as day, but what it was made him anxious. He shuffled his feet as he walked down the hallway, turning with his hand as it fell into the crown molding of another door so that his body moved with it.

The door was left ajar, sterilized and empty without a certain girl that inhabited the room. He went to the table where he had set so many different things on - flowers, medicine gauzes, bandages, different meats and meals. He felt so happy when Ember was there with him. Granted, the circumstances that she was over at the Manor were grim at best, but Khaden put that aside so that he could be with her. He stared outside the window, still cleaned up from when Ember felt listless enough to go about and do those sort of things. He smiled offhandedly, remembering the way she was, the way she made him feel.

It was then, and only then when it hit him like a ton of bricks. He picked himself up and pushed past the door, half running towards the room he now knew as Cercelee's. Cercelee, who had been Ember's best friend, and what he understood it as her only friend at Dahlia de Mai, before she moved to Twilight Vale, then now Shadowed Sun. He launched to spring it open, but realized that it was Cercelee that was on the other side, and perhaps she was not. Gulping down his nerves, he knocked on the door and questioned softly, but urgently. "Cercelee?"
[/html]
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

Cercelee was sleeping, and in her sleep she often let out a whine or whimper, as lately her dreams had been anything but nice. Broken and distorted were how she often remembered them, the context of the dream fleeing her as soon as she woke and always leaving her with a sick, empty feeling. Sometimes she woke angry or scared, but rarely did she remember why. Faces float before her, those she had dreamt about. A coyote she didn’t know the name of, Tuki and Lisi, Adrastos, Colibri, Ember, Slay, Haku... but she couldn’t remember what they had done or why or anything that had happened in her unconscious dream world. Although she dreamt of both friends and foes alike, she couldn’t remember who played those roles asleep. Did Slay and Ember sabotage her the same that Adrastos and the coyote did? It was hard to tell, and Cercelee couldn’t bear the thought that her allies weren’t so kind to her when she slept, so she pushed the tattered memory of any lingering dreams away.

However it was a knock and call that brought her out of sleep this time, and she woke, scared and shaking, unable to process what was happening at first. Slowly she regained her sense of self and filed away the emotions she didn’t care to feel just now and focused her attention on what was happening in the waking world. Although she was skilled at focused only on what she wished to, the fact that someone was waiting outside her door made the job all the more easily. Lowering her self off the bed, she moved slowly, using her four legs now, to the door and nudged it open with her nose. Navy eyes peered up at the male who stood there, surprised to see him, as if she had been expecting the hallway to be empty. And part of her had. No one came to her door, if she needed to speak with Naniko or anyone else, she sought them out, but now that she was mostly healed and her wounds didn’t need attention, she was mostly left alone. Cercelee would have been less surprised if the knock and call had been her imagination or part of the dream, rather than to have Khaden standing there.

However, he was standing there, and Cercelee smiled at him uneasily. The male seemed agitated by something, and the last time she had seen him was with Ember. That had been a bad night, but what if Khaden had something worse to tell her? She knew, that for whatever reason he was here it pertained to her younger cousin, she only hoped that it wasn’t bad news. Khaden? Is everything alright? Would you like to come in?

[/html]
[html]

out of character

Still have not the slightest of when this is dated. Things are so up in the air right now.

in character

Anxiety churned his stomach this way and that, causing weird flutters of anxiety to be crawling around his abdomen. His eyes continued to dart this way and that, first flighting towards the door handle, the wooden barrier right in front of him, the ceiling, anything that emerald orbs could truly see, but not register. He didn't have the time, he didn't have th patience, to fully register and think out each thought process, instead he was too fixated with the task on hand.

It was then when he was contemplating knocking once more, before moving on and trying to find Cercelee in a various different other ways, but shuffling behind the door caught his wired attention. A small creak of wood chafing against wood, rusted hinges being in use, soon Khaden found himself peering down upon the alabaster femme herself. A rush of relief seemed to spread through his body as he was glad he didn't have to go and hunt down the injured leader, but more importantly, he could truly talk about what was on his mind right now.

He nodded at her words, and politely pushed past her to enter into the realm that she inhabited temporarily. It mimicked the rest of the rooms within the Manor, and if there was anything particularly differing between this room and the rest of them, those traits were lost upon Khaden as he paced the floors before looking up at Cercelee and realizing he must be scaring her half to death. "'m sorry, Cer. Everything's fine." He laughed, a bit out of the situation, a bit out of nervousness. "I just.. I'm just. I..."
[/html]
[html]

SHOOOOOOOORT

Cercelee turned on heel and followed the male into her own room. Of course, it wasn’t really her room, just a room she was borrowing although having lived in the manor for all this time she considered claiming one of the houses for herself when she returned to Dahlia de Mai. Khaden apologized for giving Cer a fright but still his words didn’t seem to want to come out and Cer smiled nervously at him. If everything was fine, she couldn’t for the life of her figure out why the male was here. Khaden still seemed worked up about something, surely though if something was amiss, something with Twilight Vale, something with Dahlia, something with Ember, Khaden would not hold back. The male wouldn’t have said everything was okay if it wasn’t.

Tilting her head quizzically at the male she smiled and shrugged, sitting back on her haunches waiting to see if he’d explain himself. And yet, all he did was laugh at himself, or at the reason he had come, Cercelee couldn’t figure it out and so she just waited patiently. I just.. I just.. I. Navy eyes looked over the male, wondering if she should laugh along too, but instead she just spoke smoothly, calmly. Is there something I can help you with Khaden?

[/html]
[html]

out of character

whee.

in character

Cercelee's words soothed him immensely, and as he caught her gaze, watching her and realizing that everything was going to be okay. He trusted the alabaster leader, not only in her intimate relationship with Ember, but as a personal friend that he found. He knew what he needed to say, but he was too afraid to say it, too afraid of facing the fact that maybe he was too young, maybe Ember was too young, how could he be able to protect her, and other miscellaneous problems that seemed to arise in the logical mind. Nonetheless, taking a large intake of breath he presented himself, arms open, paws outstretched almost surrendering this information to Cercelee. "Cercelee, I have something to ask of you."

Taking one glance to the left, and another glance to the right before nodding internally, realizing that this was something that he truly believed in with all of his heart and soul, oblivious to the fact that he may be dramatizing it just a bit. "I've spent much of my time with Ember lately, both as a protector, a provider, and more importantly, a best friend. And the more and more I spend time with her, I realize that I'm truly beginning to fall in love with her." Which brings him to the next point. Shit what was the next point? Scrambling around in his head as he hesitated, clearing his throat for a moment before jumping back onto the bandwagon and taking in Cercelee again in his jumbled up presentation. "Uh, which brings me to the next point..." He was stalling, and he knew it. Just say it. "I ask your permission to mate Ember Phoenix."

See, it wasn't that hard was it? Really now, it's not as if Khaden didn't feel all of two inches tall.
[/html]
[html]

Cercelee waited, navy eyes fixed on the male. Although she had asked her question in earnest, she did not think Khaden would require anything of her. What did she have to offer that could possibly benefit him? And so his answer took her by surprised. Nodding for him to continue, she shifted her weight off her bad leg and waited for the words to come. Whatever his request it was sure to be interesting, for Cercelee knew that this was no run-of-the-mill favor Khaden would ask Cercelee to do, in her state Khaden could just as easily do most anything better than she could herself. The words did come, and at first no request. He spoke of Ember, her cousin, friend, and once a pack mate. Cercelee smiled encouragingly at the words he spoke, for they only confirmed what Cercelee had guessed at the night Ember had hurt herself.

Khaden had been so concerned for her, so willing to do whatever was asked or need of him in order to serve Ember. His words mirrored this, but Cercelee couldn’t guess where he was going. For a moment Cercelee thought that Khaden would ask her to speak with Ember on his behalf, but remembering Ember’s reactions to the male that night, Cercelee guessed that Ember already felt the same for Khaden. Waiting, she held her breath as the request finally came, and then let it out slowly thinking it all over. I ask your permission to mate Ember Phoenix. For a moment she said nothing. Surprise, and joy, came at being asked. Also confusion, because Cercelee had learned that Ember’s mother was Iskata, and perhaps Khaden should be talking with her. However, Cercelee did not know if Iskata and Ember were close at all, her cousin never spoke of her mother and so Cercelee guessed not. Truly it did not matter, for Ember was free to do as she wished, and Khaden could proceed without Cercelee’s or Iskata’s say so, but it should a great respect for Ember that Khaden asked.

Ember is truly blessed to have someone such as yourself looking out for her. Cercelee grinned at him. It was true. How rare was it that someone found another being so willing to devout so much time and effort and attention to them, all while wearing a smile? I don’t know that I have the power to give you permission, Ember has the final say after all, but I certainly give you my blessing. Cercelee knew that when she spoke the words she meant them whole heartedly.

[/html]
[html]

in character

That moment, in which Cercelee said nothing was the greatest fear of all. Blood rushing to his luperci features as he stood perfectly still, as if the slightest movement could off kilter the results of such a delicate balance. Fears that the boy didn't quite want to admit, but was too afraid to reject seemed to flood his whole system and he couldn't help but feel as if he was perched on top of the most fragile situation in the world.

When she finally did speak, his reaction seemed to be slowed and sluggish. Her words, dressed up with so much sincerity that Khaden had yet to become accustomed to, yet nonetheless enjoyed, seemed to awaken a dormant giddiness within him. Starting from his tail, the lazy wag that steadily increased as the contagious optimism spread through his legs as they began to prance. His arms finally freed from the confines of his own fears, now reaching out to the alabaster female as his face split into the biggest grin he had ever had in his life.

Khaden swept over to Cercelee and threw his arms around her, nuzzling deep into the petite leader before he was jumping up in down. He grinned from ear to ear, his whole body a display of ecstacy as he whooped in some sort of triumphant war cry. Before he held Cercelee out and looked at her squarely. "I've got to find Ember." He said, the words spilling out of him before he truly even registered them. "I've got to find Ember!" And with that, he turned and left Cercelee's room, but not before he doubled back and winked at Cercelee. "Thanks Cerc."
[/html]