here in the dark, i cherish the moonlight
[html]

FO MEL. Backdated to wheneva you want layday. <3

The time had come. Maggie’s strength had been rekindled after nearly two months of rest after the birth of their children. They were strong now and with their eyes open, infinitely curious. But today was not a time for her children. Today was a moment to make something happen. She was sick of the bullshit with Salvia, and she was tired of keeping her loyalties a secret. She had wept over Eris’ fall from grace, though she hadn’t seen her yet because she wasn’t quite sure what to say. She was going to ask her to be her pup’s godmother of sorts, the one who would swear to take care of them if her and Denver were to perish. Salvia was a brat who didn’t deserve the position she stole.

Salvia’s home was farther away than most residences in the Ruins. Maggie almost tiptoed the whole way there, nerves racking her insides. She wasn’t quite sure what she was going out to accomplish, or what she would even say to the Cicerone. Maybe, instead of lashing out, she would just ask her why she did such a cruel thing. Either way, Maggie took a seat outside her residence and just stared, searching for movement either in or outside it. A rare scowl marked her beautiful face as her mind churned with thoughts of her children. They would have no concept of why Maggie chose to live in such a cruel place such as Salsola anymore. All of her idols had fallen.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I will pick a date once I sort a few things out. <33

Both slaves were gone. Salvia had sent one to hunt and the other to tend to her pets. She wanted solitude. She wanted to think. It would have been equally as prudent to travel outside of Salsola, but this was her home and she felt safe here. Even now, with Pandemic drifting further and further away from her, she rationalized things. Her mind whirled with ideas and possibilities, seeing outcomes, judging them, discerning pros and cons and potentials for both greatness and disaster. In this manner her world was one of infinite and terrible possibilities, and her dark places were most present in these hours.

Something stirred beyond the realm of her consciousness and Salvia’s eyes opened from her meditation. An impossible blackness swirled in her pupils, wide and dilated, but they shrank to fine points as sunlight blazed through dirty, heavily overgrown windows. The air smelt of food and smoke and under this, iron. Salvia’s lips pulled away from her teeth and she tasted the air on her tongue. Her rise was fluid and graceful, drawing her to her full height. Naked, loose hair falling to the midpoint of her back, she took slow and languid steps to the door.

With one hand she pushed the wooden thing open, and there, on the covered porch, sat a familiar figure. Her eyes turned to her, aloof, calculating, and took in the expression on her face and tenseness in her shoulders. The blonde girl’s face was a curious mask, but one hiding something sinister and black. Her voice was a low rumble, soft but not gentle—it was like steel wrapped in velvet. “I would think you’d announce yourself, coming here.”

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Nooooo Idea how this thread is gonna go, Maggie is as clueless as I am XD

The tigress appeared out of thin air, though her scent was heavy in this area. Maggie looked up, and after the Cicerone spoke, her whole body eventually lifted itself off the ground. They were both at level ground now, the two females nearly the identical height. Maggie, more slender and feminine and curvy than her muscular counterpart, stared at the new leader. There was no trace of Eris within her; her markings came from someone else further down the bloodline. This realization made the Confidant even more sad than she was before. With Sirius and Salvia calling the shots now, the hybrid was truly alone now.

“I wasn’t sure if you’d be busy, or whatever, with your new role,” she said quietly because of the respect she was supposed to show Salvia, but menace still laced through her words, though it was just a trace. “I am sorry if I have disturbed you,” She didn’t care really, she was just being polite. Salvia would never be anyone Maggie respected, at least not here and now.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Whatever bloodlines Salvia pulled from were anonymities to her. She knew her own surname was pulled from her mother’s father. Larkspur had given her his weight, his strength; there was neither of their black nights on her save for scatterings, and there were equally as many sections of white amongst a blonde-brown pelt. Everything about her was harkening back to older blood as none of her siblings could. This separated her then, and now, and always would do so. Salvia had come to accept this eons ago.

Even though the signals of submission were present, Salvia caught each subtle jab, each little twitch and needle. Slowly, and incredibly, a smile slipped onto her face. It started at the corner of her mouth and trailed down, showing twin rows of savage, white teeth. Her eyes were frost. “Is that really how you intend to do this?” She asked, and cocked her hip out. The shift of weight was an obvious sign she did not even consider Magnolia a threat—with her stance so relaxed she hardly looked ready for combat. This ruse was a simple one. Salvia had long ago perfected her fighting techniques and even such a haphazard stance was capable of reaction.

The Tigress tilted her head, eyes narrowing. “Why did you seek me out, Vedetta?”

<style>
#sal-tiger {
}
#sal-tiger p {
}
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

derp. (330)

Even now, Salvia was intimidating as hell despite their nearly identical age. In fact, Maggie thought it a little ridiculous that she was even older than the leader before her. The hybrid was nothing but sheer self-confidence and had every reason to feel that way; she was youthful and looked incredibly strong, and she had just pulled the rug from underneath her mother. She was not like the other females Maggie had come across; they were very similar in this regard, neither of them were weak or incapable of fending for themselves. While Maggie wasn’t as good of a fighter Salvia was, she could still hold her own in a battle with her trusty knife and had even killed multiple intruders for the sake of their pack. But still, Maggie’s lip trembled ever so slightly in front of the new leader. Salvia would have no problem ripping the Confidant’s throat out if she so desired it. That is where they differed, Maggie would never be as cruel as the pale woman before her was..

“I just,” she started off stupidly, weakly. Maggie coughed before continuing on, having her thoughts collected in that small moment. “I just wanted to see if it was all really true. And I guess I wanted to ask why you did it,” Salvia knew where Maggie’s loyalties had always laid; she babysat Eris’s pups, she even viewed her as the mother that she never had. Maggie couldn’t understand why Salvia would forsake her own kin just for power. All that responsibility and worry would never appeal to the young Confidant. She might have been one of the overlooked members of the pack but at least she was happy where she was. Maggie was nervous before, but now that the words were out of her mouth she had to stay strong. She looked at Salvia directly, almost as an equal. This situation had the possibility of turning into a huge mistake.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

[html]

(328) that's cool, Salvia is still new in this position so I am not sure wtf she is doing

After watching a sword drive itself deep into her heart, Salvia had come to know weapons in an intimate way. She was not well versed in her brother’s craft, but she listened, and she studied. Other things she came to know through other means; Siv was remarkably talented with her contraptions, her spear, the sling—and long before he died Larkspur had showed her how to fight on four legs. Tlanti’s boxing had warped into something simpler; something savage. Her whole body was a weapon, and like all good weapons, it was guided by a mind and a hand working as one.

The dagger that the Confidant carried could end her life in one mark. The throat, Salvia knew, well-versed and practiced from her hunting. She was a carnivore, and a predator sound of body and mind. Her youth did not dissuade practice, and her experience was one of success. This was why she remained aloof and cold, calculating outcomes, studying and weighing options. There was fear in this lower-ranking woman, but it was fear equaled (if for the moment) with indignation. The smile on her face faded, slowly, and turned it back into an icy thing at odds with her warm coat and summer-green gaze. There was just nuclear winter and desolation.

She was wise enough to recognize the unspoken word, something she had only learned through her experience with Sirius. In many ways, Salvia was her father’s daughter—she had little time and less patience for games. This did not, however, make her incapable of playing them. “Do you think,” she began slowly, her speech low and pronounced, as if talking to a child. “That a woman in her state was fit to lead? That Salsola should suffer for her grief and her selfish behavior?” The Tigress’ voice rose to a hiss, and she showed the tips of her teeth. “I serve the Realm,” she stated firmly, truthfully. “If she had to fall, so be it.”

<style>
#sal-tiger {
}
#sal-tiger p {
}
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Aww shit, Salvia going all GoT in dis beatch. Sorry Maggie is hating on Salvia so much, she’s just jealous of her XD

The way Salvia acted, Maggie knew she was dealing with a desensitized demon who had no sense of love or compassion within her. This pale force lacked any true kryptonite and was seemingly made from stone. The identically shaded eyes from both women told completely different tales, despite their similiarities; looking into the eyes of a cold-hearted killer made Maggie shiver on the inside.

The girl was about as violent in her words as she could without breaking rules of hierarchy, or directly threatening the Cicerone. ”She suffered a tremendous loss. You did too. Everyone needs time to salvage herself, some more than others. If we do not have a chance to mourn a great loss then the wound should fester and turn into something much sinister. This is what I think happened to you, Salvia,” By the end of her speech, Maggie’s voice changed from quietly enraged to downright sad. “You never got time to mourn. How else could you take advantage of your father’s death to rise to power? Salsola is about respecting family. Where is your heart?” Maggie hoped this would cut to her core. “What would Larkspur say?” As soon as those words left her lips, she knew she had gone too far.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(331) I realized that after I wrote it. XD She's like a weird mix of Game of Thrones and Hannibal Lecter.

There was no room in the world for weakness or mercy. Salvia had learned that early on, taking kills from wounded animals, their offspring. She understood this as the truth, and so lived her life by its principles. It was a cold, unromantic view of the world. Whatever part of her was yet untouched by frost lingered deep, buried to protect itself—though perhaps Magnolia was right in thinking she was gone.

The cold expression on her face barely changed, though not long ago hot flames would have licked at her innards and made fury blot her vision. There was no outburst, only silence.

Whatever Magnolia looked for was not present within her. The words felt like the beating of soft, breakable wings. The Tigress remained a mountain. “My heart was cut from my breast,” she said coldly. “The day my father fell in battle. I was by his side,” Salvia reminded her older companion sharply. Where had she been? There were many questions left unspoken, many challenges in her eyes. She stared down the she-wolf, eyes burning with pent up violence, and lifted one hand to the deep, thick scar under her collarbone.

“I tell you now,” the Cicerone went on. “That I let you speak freely because of him. You are an ignorant brat,” she hissed, but her expression and her tone hardly changed. “And soft like the pack you came from. Learn your place; I will not mother you like Eris, and I certainly don’t love you.” The idea was laughable. Even her own family felt no love from the monstrous thing she had become.

“Salsola is a family,” the blonde girl echoed, and a faint smile cut across her face, illuminating white teeth outlined by black and pink. “Like your little family, hm? You should think of your children, Maggie. It would be a shame if something happened to them.” The threat hung, dangerous and heavy, like a pendulum above them. It was not a bluff.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
}
#sal-tiger p {
}
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

UGH THIS THREAD omg. I love it so much. Hahaha.

At this moment, Maggie wanted nothing more than to slap Salvia right across the face. But that would have probably ended with her children being killed in the middle of the night, so she chose to do nothing except growl slightly when the pathetic excuse for a wolf mentioned her innocent children. That was certainly the wrong thing for the stupid Cicerone to do. “You were born with everything could have ever wanted in your life; a kingdom, wonderful parents, and an entire pack that would die for you. Instead of making your own wonderful creation, you had to steal your mothers. You have done nothing with your life but fight and cheat.” She half-snarled this insult, intending it to make as much damage as possible.

”If you want me to be loyal to your cause, Salvia, you won’t threaten my innocent kin again. I want to respect you, I really do, but you have given me nothing to fight for. With Eris, she gave me a home and love. You may think love is beneath you, but you’ll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I want to be your loyal subject, there was once a time considered you a sister of sorts, when I had no one and your parents took me in.” Maybe Maggie should have left when she had the chance. Maybe leaving wasn’t such a bad idea after all. This was no leader, Salvia was a warrior who got her heart cut out.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

In some ways, Magnolia was right—her children would have been killed for such an insult, but not before Salvia beat and ravaged the Confidant asunder. Her goods would be taken, her title stripped, and oh how the wrath of the tiger queen would fall. The blonde woman continued to smile even as her eyes filled with a deep, deadly winter chill. She was made from the cold, and the ice. Again came the beating of wings, but they were softer now, less real. Did this woman truly believe Salvia so soft as to be moved by words?

She laughed.

It was a terrible sound; melodic, like bells, but full of scorn, full of mockery. Her laughter was so uncommon these days—had she laughed since her father’s death? She didn’t remember. Around her throat the arrowhead’s green stone flashed in the light. “This place is mine by birthright,” she stated plainly. “Why wouldn’t I claim it? I did not steal from her, as you seem to think—she gave it away willingly. She blessed me with it,” the girl said, her words true, her voice full of bitter amusement.

Two steps closed the distance between them, and Salvia looked onto the pale woman coldly. “I do not reward those who raise words against me, Magnolia. You have served Salsola well, and once, you were my friend—but mark me,” her voice hardened, all ice, all steel. “You know nothing of what I am capable of. I intend to raise this Kingdom to what it should be. If for nothing else, you should love my Father and what he died for.” Poison, there, to stagger the wound. Poison to grow into doubt and muddle the dissent.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
}
#sal-tiger p {
}
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Maggie's face right now.

Salvia’s words had immense impact on her. Had she just messed up everything? Maggie wanted to move up in Salsola, and she just about ruined her chance to do that by insulting Salvia. Or was Salvia lying to her face? Maggie wasn’t around when Eris supposedly ‘blessed’ her new ranking, so she would never know. But perhaps the Tigress wasn’t lying, after all, and Eris had willfully given up her role. The only way to find out would be to see the shadowy woman herself.

“I do love your father still,” Maggie replied quietly; Salvia’s words made it hard for the Confidant to speak. She felt ashamed, almost. “I miss him every single day. I-“ This pained her immensely to say, but she knew she had to: “I’m sorry, for coming here. I don’t know why I said the things I said. If what you say is true, than you are the rightful heir to Salsola. I hope one day you forgive me for my horrible error; I hope you understand that Eris is the only sort of mother I’ve ever had, my own abandoned me. I care for your parents deeply, that’s all. I do not wish to fight with you any longer, my queen,” The last words were said with no malice or hate, only honest to god loyalty. Maggie might not like the brat before her, but she was her leader now and didn’t need to mess with her. Maggie at least knew when to cover her ass and let go of the thundercloud in her mind.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Watching Magnolia break was like watching cracks spread out over ice. Salvia saw it form in small lines of doubt, which grew and grew until there was an overwhelming change. Defiance bled into submission, as if Salvia had cut open a great vein and spilled it upon the earth. Her eyes narrowed slightly, pupils dilating just so as she tasted it upon her tongue. If this was power—this struggle to enforce her strength, to dominate—then Salvia would know it well.

In spite of herself, Salvia recalled some of Sirius’ behavior, thought on Magnolia’s own words, and gingerly laid one hand upon the silvery-gray wolf’s shoulder. “My mother,” she said gently, though the tone hardly suited her. “Suffered in the mind after she had children. I suspect it is natural,” the Tigress added. She would overlook the slip up, the words hinted, for whatever reason she felt. It seemed as if words were enough for her; Eris had to be beaten and bloodied before the golden she-wolf had seen fit to rip the leadership from her.

“Now then,” Salvia went on. “I have things I must attend to.” With that she removed her hand, gesturing wordlessly for the Confidant to leave. The battle had been won, and she desired sorely to return to her silence before the slaves made their way home.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
}
#sal-tiger p {
}
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]thanks for the fun thread Big Grin

She hadn’t been forgiven for the acid she let off her tongue, and the Tigress hadn’t done anything especially cruel to her. Maggie almost let out a gasp when Salvia touched her; she almost recoiled from the tawny leader, mostly out of fear. But nothing happened, except for somewhat kind words from Salvia that seemed out of place. Maggie took this as a sign that she had been lucky today; this sort of behavior wouldn’t be tolerated again.

Salvia made a motion for her to leave, and the youthful Confidant gladly took it. She escaped from her residence unscathed, and as she walked an immense weight lifted off her shoulders, so much so that she had to catch her breath on her knees. A tear or two fell from her jade eyes, but they weren’t for her own pitiful mistake. She yearned for Larkspur, for Eris, for an escape. She needed to get out of his god-forsaken land, even if it was only temporary. Maggie walked home with her black-tipped tail very much between her legs.

[/html]