disengaging from the management rail
[html]

Freedom wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.

Actually, in a sense, Unatsi had always been free; it wasn’t like he was a prisoner of war or a born slave or something like that. He’d always been able of going out on his own, fleeing the old Tribe whenever he wanted, just about whatever he could dream of. The only problem was that he’d never have the guts to do anything like that, especially after dishonoring himself; he’d felt caged, and that was enough to distress him.

Now the former warrior had a new start, a new life, in AniWaya—and the perceived freedom to walk around in the neutral territories whenever he wanted, just to look at stuff, or maybe even meet someone from outside the Tribe, or maybe he’d have another walkabout-worthy epiphany and suddenly be a good farmer. It was all well and good, actually, except for one detail.

Freedom was boring.

The red wolf flopped moodily down among some ferns, his too-big ears falling back against his long skull. He was sure there was plenty of adventurous stuff out there, and shiny things to poke at, but there was so much freedom as to be overwhelming. He sighed, squirming onto his back so his pale stomach was exposed to the hot but clouded skies, legs splayed in a devil-may-care gesture. Some ferocious monster could come down and tear out his entrails if they wanted, and play jump-rope, and then hogtie him before he even cared.

Actually, that wasn’t a nice thought. Unatsi flipped onto all four spindly legs with a spring, hoping to land with grace, but instead he hit his white shoulder on a tree and winced. He was making a blasted fool out of himself. The smell of other animals—one of a hundred wapiti, some loners, some of his own pack and distant ones—floated around him with varying freshness. Maybe he could waltz up to one of them and introduce himself, and maybe pretend his name was Bob and that he was from the area, and casually talk about the weather and—

“Oh, who am I even kidding?” the Tsulvwisdanehi mumbled, green eyes flicking to the shadows of the ferns. As always having no qualms just sitting there talking to himself, he continued by planting his ass on the ground and letting his tongue wag. “I mean, Bob? What kind of name is Bob? Well, actually, has a bit of a ring to it, that—nice and to the point. Not like Unatsi-kanogeni-is-too-long-of-a-name.” He blinked, cracked a grin, twitched, and then proceeded to bow his head in defeat and shame. “I cannot live like this.”

Word Count → 444

When I don't know what to write for Una, I ramble! Or, he rambles for me. :| I love having a character I don't take seriously.

<style>
.redlay {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HDevC.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#060606; width:98%; max-width:600px; margin:0px auto; padding:175px 0px 5px 0px; color:#C4A791; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:5px solid #fff;}
.redlay .input {background-color:#060606; opacity:0.6; margin:0px 10px;}
.redlay b {color:#5A5225; letter-spacing:1px;}
.redlay p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px; margin:0px;}
.redlay p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #5A5225; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.redlay .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
(( WC: 311 - OOC: I can usually ramble. Harvey likes to ramble for me, though, when he can. ;u; ))

The red merle aussie dog had already gotten used to his time spent in Halifax, and decided traveling wasn't an altogether inappropriate idea.

Though the ruined city felt more like home, thus creating a more comfortable feeling for the canine, Harvey still had really nothing in particularly to do but survive. He was not included in any pack, so responsibilities involved in such weren't known to him. He lacked friends or significant others, and his family had always been absent, even before his coming to this new land.

He had to find some way to amuse himself.

Exploring seemed a good idea. At least he could get a feel of his surroundings. He hadn't met very many others yet, but had gotten the impression that he knew very little compared after speaking with the ones encountered.

Harvey hated being ignorant.

His legs had grown accustomed to walking aimlessly now, and the dog was in fit shape (not that he was in any horrible shape to begin with, as his appearance was of great importance to him).

Bi-coloured eyes darted around for a source of entertainment. Maybe coming across another was out of the question (as he had chosen to head in another direction than usual, and didn't know the area he was in at all), but the hopes of running into anything interesting or exciting kept the drive to move along alive.

A sound not too far off from where he now stood grabbed his attention, causing his flopped ears to perk.

A voice...? Harvey muttered to himself, Eh, prob'ly jus' bein' 'opeful...

He dwelt on the thought for a moment, listening out carefully, trying to keep himself completely silent as he did so. The sound erupted again.

A grin took over his curiously attentive expression.

Well... He muttered, heading off to locate the source, Doesn't 'urt t' see for sure!
[html]

Unatsi was very, very good at sitting and feeling sorry for himself. No, he was a downright champion. It helped that he attributed most of the blame for his pathetic excuse of a life to others, all those who apparently wronged him, but it helped even more that he could whine woefully for a remarkable duration of time. While his vocal pauses and other mutterings could get repetitive, he had mastered the art of imagination, especially when applied to the worst-case-scenario.

An odd bout of common sense urged him to do this blabbering silently, and so the red wolf sat in his unimpressive lupus form, his head bowed and his eyebrows knitted in an expression of fierce concentration. The images in his mind were, of course, grandly sketched scenes of what would happen should he continue to sit here thinking about what would happen if—well, it was all very redundant. Added to these scenes was bitter mental commentary that served to amuse him, and he would likely have been content to sit and feel sorry about himself being so bored if not for a flicker of movement at the top of his line of sight.

His head snapped up immediately, and his green eyes found the suggestion of another creature moving toward him—but with quiet steps, almost catlike. He blinked, wondering if it was a mountain lion coming near, which didn’t give him the same jolt of fear it should have; maybe it was because he’d known people with the big cats as spirit guides.

Una’s own special brand of logic caught up with his visual and auditory observations, and he called out into the woods: “Helloooo?”

Word Count → 279

Crappy fast post. D:

<style>
.redlay {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HDevC.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#060606; width:98%; max-width:600px; margin:0px auto; padding:175px 0px 5px 0px; color:#C4A791; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:5px solid #fff;}
.redlay p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #5A5225; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.redlay .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
(280) Pftt, that's not crappy at all! <3

He laughed aloud at the greeting.

It wouldn't have been nearly as amusing if it hadn't had been that Harvey was pretty convinced there was nobody else around. Of course, though, that was only a mere assumption, and the canine could most usually find himself wrong when ignorant about the larger picture, this time being that was was a stranger to the land as a whole, let alone it's residents.

Now fully aware of another's presence, he cared little how obvious his was. He moved a bit faster, eager to discover the stranger, his curiosity moving him along.

'Ello! He laughed back, his accent thick and distinct. Though it was a (sometimes difficult to understand) mixture of dialects, it was certainly British.

He made his way through the wood to find a wolf with a somewhat curious sort of look (though Harvey also found himself mistaken at reading emotion through facial expression, often realized while in a drunk stupor and with female company). He smiled crookedly, amused.

Ah, well... 'Ello there. Harvey laughed softly, I can assume ya where the one callin' out jus' a moment ago, no? Figured I was alone 'ere. Seems I've been corrected.

The merle male sighed heavily, though content, and allowed him time to calm down. He'd noticeably gotten a little too excited over company, but for somebody new to the lands, and one who used to be quite social, meeting strangers was a sort of thrill.

Ah, well, didn't mean t' frighten ya, if I did. Or trespass... He frowned, having learned about the plenty of packs around from another stranger met beforehand, I'm not trespassin', am I? Surely didn't mean t', I didn't.
[html]

A bout of laughter was the response to his greeting, and Unatsi immediately leaped onto all four spindly legs, staring at the disturbed vegetation ahead of him. It shook as someone came through, and he was beginning to rethink the whole thing when his voice echoed back to him: albeit in a friendly, weirdly-accented voice still dripping with laughter.

The echo then revealed itself as belonging to a mottled cinnamon and white luperci, tall and strong and scarred, but the Tribe wolf was surprisingly unafraid. Maybe it was because this bloke looked so friendly despite his formidable appearance which, well, no one could help. Not everyone had a temperament to match how they looked like rambly, rangy, underbuilt little Unatsi did.

“I seem to have been the one calling out,” the red wolf replied, wagging his tail. “I thought I was alone, too—or, well, alone as I ever am, I guess. I’ve got a…” He wondered if he should chance the quip, decided that Udanvti had suffered enough grief to be used to it, and finished: “…a rather pushy guide. Omnipresent, really, probably listening to me right now and shaking her head and deciding it’s all for naught. But I guess I didn’t expect to see anyone like you out here.”

Loquaciousness—one of his characteristics that was consistently the first to revel itself.

He shook his head to confirm that the other hadn’t trespassed then flipped his dark-tipped tail in an awkward gesture, one that probably wouldn’t even have been graceful had he used a hand. “My Tribe lives back that way, beyond the fences. I don’t think you’d miss it, not unless your nose doesn’t work or you have some other regrettable condition.” He wondered when he’d started to refer to AniWaya as his then decided now was not the time to think complicated thoughts.

“So,” the ruddy-furred man said instead, brightly, “what’s your name? Are you from one of the other tribes? I haven’t really met an outsider yet, at least, not in Nova Scotia.”

Word Count → 340

I dunno why but this thread makes me...happy. xD

<style>
[/html]
((280)) That's not a bad thing, right? xD I love Unatsi, oh goodness.

Guide, huh? Harvey muttered, somewhat confused by what the red wolf was talking about, but he didn't bother with questions. Questions proved lack of knowledge, and with an ego like the Brit's, that wasn't something he was readily willing to admit to having.

Ah, well, if 'm keepin' ya from somefink, ya jus' lemme know, I'll be right on me way, I will! The aussie shepherd nodded, Jus' figured it wouldn't hurt t' get t' know the residents 'ere, jolly 'around a bit... Be'er than mopin' 'about an' wastin' me life away, I'd say. Gotta find some way t' amuse meself.

He'd made it clear, by now, he was a talkative sort as well.

A heavy sigh of relief left him, relaxing now that he knew conflict was avoided, presumably. He didn't know this stranger, and wasn't absolutely sure about the wolf's intentions, but Harvey didn't seem to threatened by his presence.

Great, good. Hm. Seems everybody I 'ave the honour of meetin' is involved in some sort of pack. Not a lot of loners 'round these parts? Though, may jus' 'aven't ran into any yet. Either way... He waved his hand, realizing his digression from a simple response, to rambling.

He smiled as a initial reply to the other's questions, before answering them more accurately, Me name is Harvey Butler. I'm a loner meself, jus' sorta wander 'bout an' such. Came 'ere from London, still relatively new t' this place.

The merle male stretched some, sighing heavily as he relaxed his body afterward, a smile still upon his face. His tail swayed some behind him, entertained and interested in the stranger newly encountered.

An' yourself? Gotcha a name, mate?
[html]

Unatsikanogeni bit the side of his tongue when the other muttered after his explanation. He wasn’t used to talking to those who didn’t share the Tribe’s culture, and he didn’t know the best way to describe what a spirit guide was. They just were, and they were a part of every true AniWayan’s beliefs, and to never be steered in life by one of the noble and wise spirits was a terrifying concept to the wolf. Even when he’d forsaken the Tribe, he’d trusted the guides, and he listened to Udanvti ever since she’d revealed herself to him.

The other didn’t ask, though, and so Unatsi didn’t answer. He was fine with putting off the complicated explanation, anyway, and they were moving on to other topics of conversation.
The red merle dog rambled on in his thick, unfamiliar accent—although every accent was more or less unfamiliar to the Cherokee luperci. He was sure he sounded just as hard to understand, but here they were, both at least getting the gist of what the other was saying.

He smiled, holding up a hand dismissively to show that the other wasn’t keeping him from anything. “Just exploring around a bit. After I got the Tribe, I haven’t, uh, really been out much. Important, though, very important to scout out the area, you know, and neighbors too. I don’t fault you for it.” He nodded sagely.

The other man mused about other packs, and Unatsi shrugged his white shoulder. “Well, doesn’t make much sense to be a loner. I mean, when you can have the protection of a tribe, and share their food and stuff, not really a point of marching on alone. I tried to do that, once, couldn’t do it, almost got eaten if Udanvti hadn’t saved me. Never doing it again—”

When it came to light that this dog, Harvey, was one of the elusive loners, Una backpedaled desperately.

“Oh, yes, of course—I mean, wandering about is fine and good. Freedom, yeah! No one telling you what to do, and you can get stronger on your own, I mean, if you don’t get lonely, but someone like you shouldn’t get lonely, you’ve probably got friends crawling all over you wanting a piece, and they’ll help you out better than any silly old tribe would…”

He stopped, cleared his throat, and twitched a grin. “Oh, my name? Uh, it’s relatively unpronounceable. I can’t even pronounce it sometimes, but—you can call me Unatsi.”

Word Count → 415

It's an awesome thing! This wait, however, isn't. :c

<style>
.redlayy {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HDevC.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#060606; width:98%; max-width:600px; margin:0px auto; padding:175px 0px 5px 0px; color:#C4A791; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:5px solid #fff;}
.redlayy .input {background-color:#060606; opacity:0.6; margin:0px 10px;}
.redlayy b {color:#5A5225; font-weight:normal;}
.redlayy p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px; margin:0px;}
.redlayy p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #5A5225; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.redlayy .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

((327)) Oh goodness so sorry this is late, I forgot to checcckkk. ;n; -dies-

Harvey

Though it'd rarely happened when meeting another individual, Harvey couldn't help but to feel a little... Out of place. He shifted his weight on his feet and looked around, not really nervous, but unsure of what to say without coming off as a babbling brute or stuck-up fool.

And for some reason, that mattered to him right now.

I usually get this a lot meself, and i'm sure ya pro'ly do as well, but... The Brit shrugged, I notice your accent isn't anyfin' i've 'eard before... Growin' up and livin' in London, I was always surrounded by Brits, knew of course of the Scottish, Irish, Welsh... American.

He frowned, realizing that he was, again, rambling.

...It's new. The red merle male said quickly with another shrug.

The aussie dog relaxed some when he saw the other was willingly showing that he held no hidden weapon, and at least didn't make it out to have harmful intentions. A smile was brought to the shepherd's face.

Harvey laughed some at Unasti's explaination about how a pack wasn't a bad idea, before also claiming the loner life has it's benefits as well. No worries, mate, I'm not offended by ya tellin' me 'bout your opinion. I figured pack life pro'ly 'ad its pros against bein' alone. It would be nice t' 'ave tha' sort of community there t' 'elp and keep ya company...

Me? Oh, well... He smiled still, I've met some mates, yeh... Few real nice people t' talk to and all. Wouldn't much say they crawl over me or anyfin', though. The red male laughed softly, shaking his head. Nah, I guess i'm jus' livin' wif what's there for me for the moment. I'll let everyfin' play out, live for now... Or whatever.

Harv waved his hand, dismissing the subject. Not only was he on a rant again, but he was quite certain he was losing the ability to make sense.

Anyway... It's a pleasure t' meetcha, Unatsi.

<style>
.Harvey-London p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Harvey-London b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.Harvey-London-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]

The other’s remark about his accent had Unatsi smiling bemusedly, the baffled expression reaching his eyes before they blinked rapidly and he nodded. “Well, ah, to tell you the truth, I don’t know anything about Brits or Scottish or that kind of thing,” he confessed. “Not that I’ve ever, uh, gotten out much. But mine—” His smile widened slightly as he puffed his chest out. “Tsalagi tsiwoni,” he said, giving a demonstration of his native tongue before explaining. “It’s Cherokee. That’s what our tribe speaks—well, the old more than the new, you see, we came from over that way”—he jerked his head in the general direction of the States, his gesture exaggerated to convey all the distance he could—“and a bunch of wolves settled here, for some inconceivable reason—well, I forget the reason—and then they formed AniWaya, which is a smaller branch, and where I live now.” He concluded this with another cheery nod, glad to explain a little of his culture to the stranger.

He was glad that his new friend—they’d talked long enough to be friends, right?—wasn’t offended by his little slip-up. He was tired of giving people reasons to dislike him, and he was glad Harvey didn’t yet. He described his social situation involving the few people he liked to talk to and then explained how he was living—which made some sense to Una, despite the obvious Tribeswolf-loner boundaries. He was kind of living with what was there, too, riding out his time in the Tribe until he learned his lessons from Udanvti and truly found his place. Until then, the only purpose he had was to learn to farm and then do so to make sure the Tribe and its livestock were good and fed. It was a great deal of responsibility, but he hoped he could manage.

As the merle dog concluded, Unatsi grinned from ear to ear. “Ale degadanilvga ditlohisdi nihi,” he replied, and explained, “Which means the same.”

That left more awkward silence to deal with, and Una was not a creature who enjoyed awkward silences—or any kind of silence at all, whether or not it was pervaded with awkwardness. He kind of really good at ruining silences, completely destroying them, and he showcased this trait with a hint of desperation as his big ears perked up and he simply looked like a neglected puppy hopeful of making a friend.

“So—do you want to do anything? I mean, we can talk more, I do enjoy the conversation and all, or we can roam off somewhere, not like, a magnificent journey, kind of tired of those… But we could hunt! If I were good at it. I’m not good at it, so—never mind.” He twitched slightly, frowned, and looked off into empty space for more inspiration.

Word Count → 474

It's okay, and it's not late. Big Grin Meanwhile I realized in my last post I forgot Una was in lupus... >_> Anyway, rambly woof for you!

<style>
.redlayy {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HDevC.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#060606; width:98%; max-width:600px; margin:0px auto; padding:175px 0px 5px 0px; color:#C4A791; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:5px solid #fff;}
.redlayy p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #5A5225; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.redlayy .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

((407)) That's alright~ ouo

Harvey

Harvey's tail swayed behind him, amused.Cherokee, ya say? Nevah 'eard tha' accent meself. Pro'ly due t' the area I'm from, y'know. First time comin' ovah this way, it is. The dog nodded. He'd never, initially, thought of traveling to North America, and certainly not Nova Scotia, but it was an impulse and hope for catharsis that kept him motivated, and had him end up where he was now.

Neat lil' language ya got there, though. The red merle male smiled, And pre'y interestin' story, too. 'Eard of AniWaya from a few mates, askin' 'round 'bout packs an' all, I am... Pre'y nice t' know 'ow somefin' like tha' comes along, though, it is. Harvey smiled.

The "slip-up" was really nothing to the Brit. The other was simply stating his opinion, and who was a newcomer like Harvey to disagree? The merle luperci liked to be certain of things, and tend to believe that his ideas were at least for the majority flawless, but even he couldn't kid himself this time; if a native of the land, and especially one of the most literal sense (or at least the most literal of the past people he'd met on his adventures) felt they could, or should, give advice on how to survive best in this place, Harvey Butler was going to be sure to keep an open mind to their suggestions.

Listening to Unatsi speak the native tongue was interesting to the Cockney canine. Must be great an' all, knowin' a whole ovah language an' the like. Harv laughed (more to himself, but the chuckle escaped him, nonethless), All I know is English, an' a pre'y ugly version of it.

He wasn't exactly making fun of the Cockney dialect, or way of speech, but he was aware of how less classy it sounded compared to other English pronounciations. It wasn't a romance language, that was for certain.

If he had noticed the moment of silence, he may of found it awkward as well, but Harvey was too intrigued by his new friend to have the void of talking brought to attention. He had allowed himself to calm, though, enough to listen and understand anything Unatsi was saying. He was still actively involved in the conversation, despite his wandering mind.

Oh, well, I don't mind chattin' meself! The Brit nodded, It's a fine idea by me t' continue if you'd like, I'd fancy it either way. The ex-gangaster grinned.

<style>
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]

Truthfully, Unatsi knew little of other lands and other languages, and his trip to Nova Scotia had definitely schooled him in that area. Io alone spoke quite a few languages, with English and Cherokee apparently being only secondary ones to her native tongue. It was maybe fascinating, but it also served to make the world a much more confusing place. Una thought life would be a lot easier if everyone spoke the same language and lived on the same continent, because he didn’t think he liked this whole “across the sea” business. It made it very hard to travel—what did they do, swim? Paddle in little boats? The thought was laughable.

“You did?” the red wolf asked, perking up after nodding a few times to everything else Harvey had said. Once he mentioned having heard of AniWaya, though, the man was alert and curious. What had others told him about it? Was it good, or bad? More importantly—was it all wrong? Had he gotten the information from a reliable source (like the farmer himself) or another outsider? His eyes lit up, even if he didn’t know what he’d do about any answer he received. He guessed he’d try to set Harvey straight, because he did like to talk about his Tribe, whether in praise or rant.

“Yes, it’s always good to master another language—makes communication more straightforward, you know, since you’ve got a whole slew of tongues to talk to someone.” He shook his head. “But no, I don’t think your English is ugly. I mean, maybe it isn’t right for here, but it’s probably right from where you came from, and all the other Nova Scotians or whatever you call them probably speak wrong from where you lived. I think.” He cocked his head, shrugging his shoulders the best he could in his lupus form. It wasn’t something he talked about often, and he was pretty ambivalent about the whole speech business. It wasn’t nice to make fun of someone for what they couldn’t control.

When the merle dog gave him the go-ahead to keep chatting, Unatsikanogeni smiled. He tilted his head again, trying to think of another question, and managed a relatively obvious one. “What was it like where you came from?”

Word Count → 377

<style>
[/html]
[html]

((455)) Sorry this is so late. ;u; Long story short, meds were making me more miserable than not, and the ability to stay awake was inhibited. -dies-

Harvey

He'd personally used a trading ship as a sort of taxi service, paying with what money he had gained from his gang related work to hitch a ride out of London, and away from his troubled past. There was no set destination, and until he was back on land, he wasn't really even sure where his new home would be, but that mattered little to him, as he was set now, and he really had no reason to complain.

Oh, well... Harv shrugged, Yeh, mate, but... 'Aven't really been told too much, I'm afraid. More or less a sort of location... So I could watch for borders, y'know... Some packs can be a bit... Territorial, as i'm sure you're aware. Jus' want t' keep me arse safe if I'm gonna continue wandering 'bout this place. With a nod, his smiled returned, and he found interest again in his friend's words.

It made sense. Yeh, would like t' learn anovah language meself, but... Nevah went through wif it. The merle male sort of mumbled, tracing over a scar in a distracted manner. It wasn't a sensitive subject, but communication was something fairly important to the cockney dog, so due to his lack of motivation in pursuing the learning of another language was something he was somewhat ashamed of. He'd met plenty of other individual who's mother tongue was different than his own, but the oppertunity was lost. For now, at least. Harvey was always one to stay hopeful. His ears perked and he smiled again, paying attention once more to Unatsi. Well, tha' mighty nice of ya, mate! Sounds logical enough, guess I nevah really fought 'bout it. But, yeh... If anybody 'ere was lurkin' 'bout the streets of London, they'd pro'ly sound out of place, as well. The concept was simple, but Harvey was more appreciative of the fact that the lupus male focused on the positive of the situation. He respected that in an individual.

Despite the question being what one could deem common to ask somebody from another land, Harvey thought nothing of it; he didn't mind talking about his home town, as that wasn't what he was running from. In fact, he'd stayed in Halifax due to the similarities it had to his home on the East End. Rainy. Very rainy... He laughed. It may have been a stereotype, but it was true. But lovely in it's own way, y'know... The grey skies were calmin'... Was nice t' not 'ave the sun constantly beatin' on ya. An' there were always sunny days, too, don't get me wrong... Beautiful architecture, interestin' people, who were more friendly than not, much like any ovah place. The Brit shrugged, but smiled still. Eh, it was nice.

<style>
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]

The red wolf’s big ears drooped a little when the dog admitted to having not been told much about the Tribe, but maybe it was a good thing anyway—at least no one had told him they were evil and ate children and shape-shifted into bears, or some such nonsense (although he was pretty sure he’d had a dream about that once). He nodded in agreement when the man mentioned the other groups being territorial—even if it was kind of news to him. At least, he hadn’t given it much thought before; he’d pressed onwards until he reached AniWaya, never having the misfortune to wander close to an enemy tribe.

“Unless whoever’s marked the borders is a complete and utter moron,” Unatsi said, rolling his eyes, “it’s pretty hard to miss them. I mean, big old wolfy smell hits you in the face, right, and then you think, ‘I bet there’s a pack here,’ and if you waltz over anyway, it’s your sorry corpse. Unless it’s war—now, war is a different story. A bit of … intentional … trespassing there, intent to maim, kind of ignores the whole borders thing. I would know—been there myself. Well, not the trespassing bit, I was more on the defensive—well, more sort of … running away, uh, tactical retreat and all that.” He coughed.

He was quiet as Harvey gave his thoughts about language, and seemed to brighten at his reassurance that he didn’t sound odd—even if he did kind of sound odd. He wagged his tail in answer and added warmly, “Don’t beat yourself up too much about learning another one right away. Only reason I speak two languages is because I kind of learned them at the same time, growing up—I mean, English is pretty standard around here. If you need to learn another, like if you were suddenly surrounded by Cherokee-speaking wolves, well, you’d learn pretty quickly, but until then I guess you can pursue it as a—as a sort of hobby.”

And then it was the merle canine’s time to speak, and for Una to listen, which he did so with an eager smile and bright, interested eyes. He was fine holding his tongue when there was an interesting story being told, although he was as fond of interrupting conversations as he was silences. There were no outbursts as Harvey painted the picture of London, an apparently overcast place but a pleasant one. The Tribesman nodded eagerly then, with an abashed sort of smile, asked, “What do you mean by ‘architecture,’ exactly?” Una was ignorant of the great human cities, having missed them on his journey; the only buildings he knew were shacks deep in the woods and the huts of his village.

Word Count → 454

Miss Pablo, a few days' wait is not a wait. <333 And I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. D: Maybe a moronic Una make you feel better?

<style>
[/html]
[html]

((412)) I still feel the need to apologize. Usually my responses are much faster, but things have gotten really hectic. ;u; Aw, he's not moronic, but he does make me feel better! ouo

Harvey

He'd done plenty of pack talk, but it mostly about location, and which group the individual he was talking to was a part of. Inferni, he'd heard, he should stay clear of, especially with him not being any part coyote. Another acquaintance was in Vinatta, which sounded pleasant enough, but the conversation was short lived, and questions went unanswered. Anathema, AniWaya... Others had been mentioned, but Harvey couldn't tell one from the other. He was ignorant in their ways and set-up, as it seemed he lacked information. It didn't matter much at the moment, though, because he'd be sure to ask around, and possibly find the group right for him.

Oh, well, I 'aven't crossed any borders yet, but I 'ave gotten in a bit of a tiff jus' gettin' close to 'em. An' ya nevah know what will come of tha', ya don't. One pack, I get a bit close, an' a lovely lil' lady 'elps me back 'ome! Harvey smiled, reminiscing on the past event with the kind other, Oh, but boy.... Anovah, I get treated as if I was goin' t' send in an army. I didn't fink I'd be so suspicious... He laughed some, making a joke of the subject.

His broad shoulders shrugged, Sure, nofin' t' worry meself ovah, not knowin' anovah language an' all, but I did 'ave the chances, y'know... An' I passed 'em up 'cause I was too caught up in somefin' else... The Brit huffed, wiping the expression of self-pity off his patched face, But, you're right! Not like it's the end, could always try me 'and at it in the future, and even now, I don't see too important of a need. Seems English is pre'y widely spoken 'round these parts.

Harvey was suddenly confused. How could he describe buildings that were like nothing anybody had seen before? Old churches with large stained glass, cozy little flats lining the road, Big Ben...?

Ah... It's a lovely sight. Buildin's tha' despite their abandonment still stand tall. They were built pre'y sturdy, these ones. An' ya can tell, jus' by lookin' at 'em! It's like... Art. The red merle male nodded, tail behind him wagging some as he described London in more detail, pleased by how interested his new friend was in his homeland. Looks somefin' between ci'y buildin' an'... Somefin' medieval, some fin's. All in all, quite a place. Harv nodded, bi-coloured eyes locked on the other, watching contently at the wolf's reactions.

<style>
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]

Unatsi did not quite understand the concept of turning strangers away for being near a border; it was the point of having neutral and pack territory in the first place, setting those lines and agreeing what was on either side. He guessed that smells weren’t exactly lines, though, like the kind you literally draw in the dirt, and so there might be a bit of a grey area. On second thought, he could understand the point of being a bit overcautious, especially if something was going on at home.

“Oh, no, you don’t look suspicious,” the red wolf said brightly, missing the point of the joke and believing that there was sincere concern there. “I mean, you’ve got those scars and everything, maybe a bit suspicious, but you shouldn’t really judge someone for a scar, I mean—I mean this one right here, this kinda gives me a twitch, which isn’t the point, but it doesn’t mean I’m a cold-hearted killer just because I got hit.” Quite the opposite, in fact, but he didn’t feel like painting a portrait of his cowardice for his new friend. “But, other than the scars—not really a reason to be suspicious. You’re friendly, and a kinda outsider around these parts, and anyway I wasn’t suspicious of you, not at all.” He beamed, then frowned, then shook his head. “Of course, your unsuspiciousness might be a good trick to use—make someone think you’re all nice then blam! you’ve got them right where you want them. Sometimes I wish I could be like that, but that’s because I’m not really all that scary.” He laughed as if this were an ironic observation and not the pathetic and blunt truth.

He was back to the perfect audience member as Harvey described the great buildings of London, and understanding dawned on his narrow face before he continued to more or less miss the point. “Oh, buildings like huts? Big, arty huts? I can see why that’d be great, I mean, we have our town hall and—well, maybe it’s not too much to look at, but it’s big and safe, and a good carpenter can do a lot of things with his home.”

Word Count → 367

--

<style>
[/html]
[html]

((440)) --

Harvey

There was a understandable sort of transition area, instead of a legit border drawn out clearly, but how could he know how close exactly he could go? Har far through the area would he wander before getting chewed up? Maybe he didn't need to get close at all, but Harvey, curious and social individual, never had any bad intentions, and simply wanted to meet others in the are. He didn't figure that it'd cause harm, but it was something he'd just have to respect, and the Brit understood that well enough.

Eh, simply scars, if 'appens... He shrugged, One of 'em is 'cause by a wire gettin' caught 'round me leg, it is... Nofin' too intimidatin' 'bout tha' now, is there....? Harvey let out a low laugh. He hadn't explained that the wire was one of many scattered around an old abandoned warehouse, the hang out of a notorious rival gang, where in which a fight ensued between the two powers. Though his companions were victorious, Harvey had managed to get caught on the tricky obstacles in the area whilst defending his own hide against a large dark wolf with a no-quit attitude and dagger clenched in his heavy hand to assist him.

It was a long and complex story, and Harvey would rather not tell of his thoughtless decisions made in the past, especially not to an interesting new friend. He had to keep what little reputation he had here so far positive, or risk leaving to start over yet again.

He really didn't want to have to do that.

No, no... It's no trick. I may be considered clevah, but... I'm pre'y straight forward, I am. The aussie dog nodded, What ya see is what ya get, basically. I don't like bloke 'idin' nofin' from me, only fair if I don't keep anyfin' from them as well, it is. It was the truth; sneak attacks, being deceived... Harvey couldn't stand it. He hated the unexpected. So, out of respect for his own wishes, he kept himself pretty open, intention wise. His past wasn't going to hurt anybody else, but one's motives could be hidden in order to cause significant damage. The Brit was that kind of luperci.

The blotchy canine gave a slight chuckle. Mate, it's unimaginable... Tha's all tha' there is t' it. A sigh followed afterward, and he dropped the attempt to perfectly describe his beloved London for the other to envision. It wasn't Unatsi's intelligence or ability to be creative or not, but it all rested purely on Harv's inability to explain the land in all its glory. I like it 'ere, though... It's nice.

<style>
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]

A grin tugged at the corner of his mouth when Harvey talked about the origin of one of his scars: a spidery thing encircling his leg caused, evidently, by discarded wire. He looked down at himself, rubbing his fingers through his own fur. “That’s where most of my injuries come from,” he said, “but luckily none of them really scarred—except this old thing, old war wound and everything.” He reached up to tap a finger against the small scar by his eye, which caused his face to twitch briefly as it had been off and on throughout this entire meeting.

The red wolf quickly reared back slightly, holding up both paws as if they were hands to fend off the suggestion that Harvey might have been trying to trick him. It went to show how naïve he was, but he’d had little experience with such subtle plans. All the wolves that’d ever disliked him and sought to hurt him had done so overtly, or with so little a shield before their intentions as to be humiliating and condescending.

“I agree,” he said concisely for once, smiling, and his eyes got big and happy when the mottled reddish dog talked about London. Maybe Unatsi would have dreams about it; he’d dreamed some pretty strange things before, and big artsy ol’ huts wouldn’t be the strangest yet. He smiled and scratched behind one of his big ears with a hind paw. “Glad you like it here,” he added. “Do you think you’ll stay forever or go back to London? If you stay, would you ever join a pack? There has to be one for someone like you—I mean, I’d offer up AniWaya, too, but the Tribe is a lot of learning and I dunno if—” He shrugged awkwardly. “Well, uhh, I’d like to hang out with you more, I mean, even without you joining the Tribe or something, but—uhh—” He tried to reclaim his derailed train of thought, scowling and scratching harder at the side of his neck.

Word Count → 341

Not much in a Una mood so I apologize for the suck. Maybe we can wrap this up soon? We can have another in the near future if you'd like. :>

<style>
[/html]
[html]

((334)) That's fine, I can wrap it up now, if you'd like, or you could pst the end afterwards, if you'd like, up to you! Smile They've seemed to pretty much talked themselves out, anyway. xD

Harvey

He nodded. The aussie dog had noticed the slight twitching, but he wasn't one to make serious note of it. The scar running across his muzzle often gave him a distinct look when he grinned, and other more sensitive scars, he'd rather leave unmentioned. The majority of healed wounds covering his body were caused by an event in his past he was terrified of admitting, and refused to bring up. Because of this, he never showed his scars off proudly; Harvey didn't particularly care to be asked about them, especially as they most certainly drew attention, but prying about them, instead accepting his typically, but reasonably vague answer, made him uncomfortable.

War wound, yeh? He smiled some, thinking upon it.

War wounds... Those would 'old stories worth tellin'...

The other's actions amused him. He wasn't at all offended or suspicious of anything Unatsi had said, and really didn't find that he was implying anything. Harvey figured his friend was simply giving an opinion, and talking freely about his thoughts. If anything was to come out of that, it was that the Brit had grown comfortable about the wolf, and could consider him a friend.

Nah, I really like it 'ere... Fink I'll stay. London's nice an' all, but... He didn't want to get too far into his initial purpose for arriving in this new land, A fresh start is be'er.

With a soft laugh, he straighted up, stretching some before he started again. I'll see 'bout what pack seems most fi'in'... But! The cockney shepherd smiled still, Don't let me keep ya! I'm sure we can meet up again at some point, we can. Was nice t' 'ave somebody t' talk t' an' feel comfortable doin' so. Fanks for tha'...

He more or less dismissed himself, but despite how enjoyable it was conversing and reminiscing, Harvey was growing tired, and knew the two of them couldn't sit around chatting all night. With a slight sort of wave, he turned, starting off back to Halifax.

<style>
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]