New heart beats
Aethusa Ageir's heart was still beating fast, she had just been accepted, and her heart was thumping with joy that didn't show any expression on her serious and sullen face. The scar reeking across her face, she knew, would alarm any wolf, and would make any pup flee, but she didn't mind she was use to it. Her rare eye coloration sparkling. A sigh escaped from her mouth, she had followed the Councilwoman, Ulilohi Ehn, had led her to the town. Aethusa was quite nifty with her dagger and could smell auras, so far she couldn't smell, hear, or see, a single soul. "Huh?" She snorted, her ears perked high in the air, she stood 6'3 in the air, her hands clutched in fists, her shoulders curling forward. Her eyes narrow as she made her way around the corner. Then she stopped, she cracked her fingers, she took in a deep breath and sighed, then she made her way around the corner, she was guessing this was what wolves, coydogs, coywolves, dogs, coyotes, and other canines, called 'camp' in other packs, but in Aniwaya, maybe the Town? She shrugged to her thoughts. She walked around, she felt sort of... short. Which was unusual to Aethusa, she was usually very tall. She again sighed. She loved sighing, she had no idea why but it was some sort of addiction. As well as walking with her hands in fists. Her hackles rose with fear, she had no idea what was around the next corner, she knew there had to be some sort of life. So far she was only still entering the town, she had no idea that she was only in an ally. She just thought it was a normal street. Her eyes shifting every which way as she made her way down the ally. Crows silently following behind her and cawing. "Shoo shoo!" She growled at the crows, she could smell that they were hungry. "AHH!" Suddenly one of the crows attacked. She threw it off, pulled out her knife and quickly glared it in the light with a smirk that crossed her sullen face. The three scavenger birds crowed and flew off. "Pesky raptors." She grumbled and continued her melancholy march.
[html]
Hello there! Hope you don't mind awkward Una. xD

There seemed to be an influx of new wolves to AniWaya, as far as Unatsi could smell—not that he was a particularly perceptive wolf. Honestly, most of the scents in the area were new to him, as he’d only been in the smaller sect of the Tribe for a few weeks now, and not very sociable besides. Udanvti had gently reminded him that he’d need to change that, especially if he was going to advance in his knowledge in his new rank, but he was still afraid of rejection. His dishonorable behavior years ago still weighed on his shoulders and replayed over and over in his nightmares.

Honestly, the best way to start actually making acquaintances was to walk through the village about fifteen times until he bumped into someone—at which point he’d begin the spiel he’d been reciting in his head since the morning, and if they didn’t outright punch him in the face, he had a shot at making a true friend in the Tribe. Besides Udanvti, of course, but she was a spirit guide, so she kind of had to like him. Or at least tolerate him. Did she like him? Maybe she was just pretending so she wouldn’t get—

A raucous cawing made the underbuilt luperci jump, his big ears snapping down into his brown mane. He threw his white arm up in self-defense as he saw the crows chasing down one row of wood and stone huts, but the scraggly corn-killers didn’t seem to recognize the farmer as their mortal enemy or whatever. It was odd to see the birds so set on heading somewhere, though, and with some hesitation (wondering what Udanvti would tell him to do, if she decided to show herself), he began to walk down the dirt path.

There was a bit of shouting from up ahead, and the ruddy man hesitated before breaking out into an awkward lope in that direction. Unfortunately, the crows decided it was time to turn back at that moment, and there was a collision; black feathers and tufts of red fur exploded as a flailing Unatsi managed to get free of the scrabbling, panicked vermin. Even more unfortunately, he struck his foot on a stone and stumbled forward—and the only way to catch himself was to grab the arm of the silver stranger ahead of him, potentially dragging them both down to the ground.

<style type="text/css">
.una1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#732814;}
.una1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.una1 {margin:0 auto; width:398px; background-color:#f2e4ae; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xizj3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; outline:1px solid #000000; padding:3px 0px 270px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
Aethusa Ageir could hear the wolf coming, the crows flying into his or her face and then suddenly the hand grabbing her arm. "AHH!" She feared that she was in some sort of trouble. Then she saw his face. "Hey! What were you doing?" She said pulling up the strap of her shirt that had been accidentally pulled down by this stranger. She felt her heart beat with sublimity, then she took a chill pill. She got up and helped up the red stranger. "Sorry for being a butt." She paused. "But I just kind of snap." She searched for the next words to use.
[html]

Unatsi had never been a very graceful wolf. Even when he was younger, training to be a warrior, he'd been clumsy in his routines no matter how quickly he'd memorized them. All in all, he was about as graceful as a newborn foal, and this was not the first time he'd had to grab onto someone to keep from absolutely faceplanting into the ground.

Although that didn't make it any less embarrassing.

The silvery she-wolf's shout made him jerk backwards, and this time he did lose his balance, falling down on his rump and flattening his ears as he stared up at her -- noticing with horror that he'd nearly tugged of part of her garment. He cringed, waiting for her to scream her anger at him, but other than a sharp question (to which he could only try to stammer an apology) there wasn't the volcanic rage he expected. Instead, to his surprise, she rose swiftly and helped pull him back onto his feet, apologizing.

"Oh!" Unatsikanogeni swallowed and looked away. "No, I mean -- there isn't any need to apologize. You were well within your grounds to uh, to 'be a butt' and snap all you like. I mean, if I were you, and some -- some creep started grabbing, never mind his gravity -- uh, issues -- then I'd snap at 'em too." He swallowed again, his left eye twitching as the area around his scar spasmed. She seemed to have a scar on her left eye, too, although it was larger and curved more. He regarded it with some interest before realizing that, once again, he was being incredibly rude.

"Well, uh -- ale ayv dagovgi Unatsikanogeni Adahy," the farmer introduced, before remembering that not all in the Tribe could speak its language. "That's -- that's my name. Well, part of it, anyway, the second half is; it's still very long, but you can just call me Unatsi." He tried to smile and failed.

<style type="text/css">
.una1 {margin:0 auto; width:398px; background-color:#f2e4ae; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xizj3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; outline:1px solid #000000; padding:3px 0px 270px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 334
[/html]
Aethusa chuckled at her fellow wolf's ungraceful replies. "I'm Aethusa Ageir, but please call me Aethusa." She said kindly. Usually she would snap but seeing how clumsy this wolf was, she really didn't care. "Ahem," She cleared her throat. "No offense, but when a crow flies at you, you growl at it, and when a flock comes by you stay still and do as much as you can to get them off of you. Just some advice." She shrugged and began to walk again. If this wolf followed she really wouldn't care, she kind of liked for people to tag along with her. She guess... she really hated to be solitary. Her claws digging into the ground. Her strange eye colors flashing. Then she stopped. "Hey kiddo? You can tag along with me if you like!" She offered and then kept walking. Her hands in fists as she stomped around. She itched her scar, then rubbed her neck. She sighed and turned around to the clumsy wolf.
[html]

The ruddy-furred man half-frowned when he noticed how easy she dropped her guard, how easily she laughed at his responses. Didn’t he just give the best first impressions? Usually he was just a rambling coward of a total buffoon, but now he’d added clumsy to the list and—well, he was used to people not taking him seriously, so he guessed it didn’t hurt. He lifted his white shoulder in a shrug and went over her name in his head again, deeming it pronounceable enough.

“Aethusa,” he said, and realized he’d been speaking out loud rather than in his head. “Oh, it’s—quite a nice name, actually, and your—I guess it’s your surname? Asgeir. Aethusa Asgeir. You’ve got added alliterative appeal and all!” He grinned cheekily. “See, what I did just there, that was an example of—”

“Learn to listen,” his spirit guide breathed, and he nearly jumped. He was sure she’d only been speaking to him, but he hadn’t known that she was nearby. Like all spirit guides, however, she had the power to remain invisible and to project her voice only to Unatsi, so he wasn’t too worried about Aethusa noticing.

After giving him solid advice on dealing with crows, during which time he tried to listen and ended up just staring, Aethusa looked somewhat intense. He was worried that he’d offended her before she suggested he tag along with her, and he was left open-mouthed as she, fidgeting, stomped off.

“I beg your pardon,” Una quipped, finally catching up to her, “but I do believe I am much older than you, ayoli. You can’t be more than, what, a year or so?” This observation bolstered his confidence a bit; whether or not older meant wiser, he was on better ground compared to a teenage wolf. At least, he hoped he was.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 306
[/html]
Stomping was apart of Aethusa's personality. Asgeir? Aethusa Asgeir? It's Ageir! "It's Ageir, not Asgeir." She realized that she could be a little on the offensive side, she didn't mean to. She sighed and stopped."Sorry about calling you kid, sorry about stomping, it's my personality, sorry about being offensive in anyway, now, if you want me to take you seriously-you DON'T want me to take you seriously, believe me, and Ayoli? What's an Ayoli? You know I'm new right? I just joined, my scent doesn't even seem to smell like the pack yet. " She put her hands on her hips, then crossing her arms as she ended speaking. Aethusa didn't know what to say that much, she was socially awkward at times, she was shy, and unknowing she could easily offend you and rip you apart. Maybe her ears had caught the faint little 'Learn to listen.' Then she added her ears perked and face clearly confused. "And yes I'm only... 10 months I think maybe a year? I lost my memory a long time ago." Even though her scar burned when the sun touched it she still tilted her head to the sky and looked around. "Did you hear that voice?" She said and flicked her tail.
[html]
Ahha, Una is a moron. >__>

It seemed that he was committing a new faux pas at every turn, and Unatsikanogeni wondered if he should just leave and save both of them the trouble.

She began by correcting him on her name; he nodded at that, shrugged apologetically, actually kept his trap shut for once. He knew his Cherokee name was nigh-impossible for most to pronounce, and he just hoped she could afford him the same.

And then Aethusa Ageir began to talk, her train of thought almost putting his tirades to shame. He tried to keep up, twitching his big ears forward and listening as his spirit guide had silently instructed him. He didn’t know what to do with the information he heard, though; she was bringing up points he hadn’t even said aloud, such as her taking him seriously, and whatever her stomping was about; he had hardly noticed that. He wondered if she was a bit mental before she finished, closing herself off with crossed arms and giving him a pause in which to think of how to best answer.

“Ayoli means child in Cherokee,” Unatsi said, “and on the subject of uh, not offending everyone, I didn’t mean it like, degrading or anything. It’s just—I guess I seem younger than I am or something? Maybe it’s my size; red wolves are smaller than grey.” He smiled awkwardly, the scarred flesh near his eye twitching.

“And, well, I guess it’s pretty obvious now that you’re new,” he breathed. “But I figured since you were this far in the territory that you were part of the pack and… I’m somewhat new myself. Been here a couple of weeks but haven’t met many wolves yet. So I—forgive you? Should I be forgiving you?”

The next bomb she dropped made him frown. So she was mental! Probably brain damaged, although he suspected he was a bit brain damaged sometime. Keeping these thoughts very neatly off his face (wouldn’t do to offend, he thought with a mental chuckle), he nodded as if this were perfectly normal then averted his eyes politely.

Aethusa suddenly mentioned a voice, and Una flinched. “No,” he lied, very bluntly. He didn’t know how she could have heard his guide, unless Udanvti wasn’t speaking directly to him like he thought. If she was new to the Tribe, though, and brain damaged, he didn’t know what a talking deer would do to her.

“So, umm…” he mumbled, deciding to change the subject to anything else, “why did you choose to join AniWaya?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 420
[/html]
[html]
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH Axelle Naiper FOR THIS AWESOME CHART! X3 <3[WC:2765 | Pts: ? I'm such a noob]

Aethusa was not quite expecting to be asked why she joined Aniwaya. She didn't want to sound like a wimp so her best explanation was... "Well- why I needed and wanted to join Aniwaya was because if I were to have any pups they wouldn't be alone if I died, and if I remained a loner and didn't let the father enter my pup's life, which I probably might've, or will do, they would die because of predators so, mainly it's so my future family's protection. That's if a male is brave enough to be my mate." She said her last sentence with a smirk, putting her hands back on her hips. She began to forget about the spirit like voice, it only disturbed her a little. She was guessing that this wolf wasn't liking her at all. She knew it was rare that people would like her for who she really is. Her sassy remarks, that only show some days, can cause complete melancholy to the people around her, so that's why other creatures tend to steer away from Aethusa. Quite harsh on Aethusa's heart, but strangely she's learned to deal with any situation she puts herself in except for sexual relationships then she's a dope.

"We should get going, I'm starting to smell rain." Aethusa then jumped into her Lupine form and took off down one of the streets.

Oh how it feels good to be rained on! She thought as it started to sprinkle, she hated water to play in or take a bath in, but she loved water that rained and that she could drink. The feathers blowing behind her left ear she felt free. But then she realized, she had given up most of her free rights when she joined the pack, she was a free she-wolf when she was a lone lonely loner. Which, did kind of bother her, then the weight of the world was put back onto her shoulders. My little sacrifice. She thought, she didn't like responsibilities but she would just have to deal with it like everything else.

<style>
.aethusaeyes { background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/1tn70g.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000; width:506px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; color:#fff; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
.aethusaeyes b {color:#ff6400; font-size:13px; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #222206;}
.aethusaeyes p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }

</style>
[/html]
[html]
Looks awesome! Also, your word count is actually 348 words. You don't include the coding. Wink And for AniWaya, if you have 300+ words, you get 3 points; 400+ is 4 points, et cetera. Here is a link to the game! (Also Una is silly and thinks she's crazy; he should look at himself.)

Unatsikanogeni wasn’t sure what he’d expected as an answer for why she joined the Tribe, but the one she gave was surprisingly well thought out. Although she was young yet, she was thinking about the future and the safety of her puppies.

“Yeah, we’re big on family here,” he said, trying to smile reassuringly and ignore the smirk she shot his way; he was too old and cowardly for her to actually consider flirting with him. He wondered if he should tell her that single-parent litters were frowned upon, but he supposed that if she liked a man enough to mate with him that she’d marry him so she didn’t raise the puppies alone. The Tribe was there for her if something happened, but no mother should have to care for her children without a mate to bring her food.

Aethusa mentioned that she smelled rain then began to shift down onto four legs. He startled, but it looked like dark clouds had been rolling in during their lengthy conversation. He hesitated, wondering if he should shift to match her lupus form, and did so. Because he was more experienced, he took a bit less time than her, but a good few minutes still passed—and by then the water had started to fall.

The moment she was finished shifting, the silver wolf galloped down the path, and Unatsi followed clumsily behind her, his gawky body taking long strides. He eventually caught up, his ears flat as water drops pinged on his long head. “Where are we going?” he asked, wondering if she did indeed want him to come chasing after her. Maybe she’d been trying to lose him, which he could understand, but he didn’t want to abandon her if not. She was young and new to the Tribe, and he felt obligated to kind of teach her whatever he could.

Or at least make sure she didn’t get eaten by some predator, considering she was brain damaged and all.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 331
[/html]
(sorry I haven't been on lately ill reply later today)

[html]
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH Axelle Naiper FOR THIS AWESOME CHART! X3 <3[WC:... its over 200... I hope, I'm on a phone. | Pts: ? I'm such a noob]

Aethusa looked down at the little wolf. Where's camp? I would like to see the pack." She spoke in her calm voice without an expression on her face. The transparent water drops felt like daggers on her face because of her fast and graceful run.

Suddenly she wanted to impress this wolf by showing him her full speed, she was just sort of doing a fast jog, then she spread her toes part to not sink into the ground, her claws digging into the ground, and then she jumped high into the air. When she hit the ground she was running and dodging, then she looked behind her to see Unatsi, and she ran into the tree. BANG! Her head hit the tree at a bone breaking pressure. "Owww!" She rubbed her head with both paws.

Aethusa felt like a clumsy dope the moment she felt her fur prick against the pine tree, then suddenly the water on the trees fell on her, "Oof." and then the pine cones. "YOW!" She howled as the prickly thorns almost pierced her skin. Then the rain poured down harder. "I. HATE." She paused. then raised her head up. "KARMA!!!" She howled with anger, and then another pine cone fell down right into her mouth. She spit it out. "Thow." She said rubbing her tongue.

<style>
.aethusaeyes { background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/1tn70g.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000; width:506px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; color:#fff; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
.aethusaeyes b {color:#ff6400; font-size:13px; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #222206;}
.aethusaeyes p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }

</style>
[/html]
[html]
Yep that was like, 220ish words I think. :>

Where was camp? The man hesitated, not sure what she was really asking; he knew some hunting parties set up camps when they were going to be away, as he’d escorted them in the old Tribe. When she said she wanted to see the pack, however, Unatsi shook his head in utter confusion then gestured around them with a paw.

“This is the Great Village, where we’ve been walking the past, uh, ten minutes or so,” Unatsi said more slowly and carefully than usual. “You know, a village, a settlement where luperci live—like, say, a whole Tribe of luperci!” He feigned excitement, and if he were in optime form, he might have clapped his hands together. “So I guess, if you want to see others of our Tribe, you just kinda sit around and they’ll show up—or, y’know, if you’re feeling especially bold, you can knock on their door!” He let his tongue hang comically out of his mouth.

And then, all of a sudden, the silver she-wolf bolted. He gasped despite himself, not expecting her to just take off, and jumped back up to chase after her. She moved speedily, rushing about at an absolute sprinter’s pace, then suddenly collided with a pine.

Unatsi gasped again, quickly cantering to her side and starting to push his nose into her to sniff for blood or injuries. However, old cones started to fall from the tree, and he removed himself quickly so he wouldn’t get the debris on him. The sequence of events that happened afterward, each punctuated by Aethusa screaming into the bloody sky, removed all of the farmer’s concern. All he could do was stare at her in horror, and at last get out a strangled bark.

“Gado galidastanvhi gvdodi nihi?” Unatsikanogeni asked, almost trembling as he took a few steps away from her. She was brain damaged, definitely now if she wasn’t earlier; what other wolf would start howling into the sky about karma (whatever that was) after springing around like a besotted doe? He didn’t understand, and he just wanted to shake her until she started making sense, and—

“Nvtsoasesgvna,” came a gentle order, and Una turned around. He could see the deer standing off to the side, and he wondered if she’d let herself be visible to Aethusa, too. He flattened his ears, the stare of his spirit guide shaming him.

“I’m sorry,” Unatsi told the girl honestly. “Are you okay?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 407
[/html]