bite your tongue
[html]
text goes here

Neela had been acting really weird. Tony had no idea why, and rightly so. Why should he, a man, know anything about women. He was kind of intimidated by her strangeness and not knowing what was happening or why she was acting as she was. Tony just listed it as being strange behaviour across the board, even though in particular she was paranoid (though this didn't flag up in Tony's mind due to the events of not long ago), restless (but this was Neela wasn't it? She was always lively, right?), moody (this was Tony's main concern) and unfriendly with strangers (but Tony hadn't really seen this). The warrior knight had spent a great deal of his time daily tucked away from Neela because he was sure her moodiness was somehow his fault, or at least provoked by him. Of course, he returned willingly at night. Crawling into bed with her was a tentative moment, a quick kiss goodnight and a night spent keeping a valley between himself and his new mate.

But today Tony had forgotten about her irritance. He was buzzing and it was because it was a sort of anniversary for the pair. 'Three weeks already...' Tony mused as he walked along, following Neela's scent. In one hand he held a joint of meat, rabbit. Slinging it on the ground, he moved behind Neela and embraced her from behind, a tongue flicking out towards her cheek. Another thing Tony noticed was the weight gain, but he took it as nothing but eating habits. Which, unfortunately, he'd decided to pick at. 'Y'know, y' gonna have t' lay off th' food, love. Gettin' a bit round...'.It was meant to be a joke...

<style>
.irontony-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.irontony i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.irontony b {font-weight:bold; color:#cd1111; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #d7cb12; }
.irontony {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#34053b; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 0e1e08.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:330px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #34053b;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Neela had been a nervous wreck the past week since she had realised she was pregnant; in-between stalking around the territory growling at shadows and wisps of scent she had been agonising over how she was going to approach Tony and tell him about the pups. As much as she loved Tony Neela was aware that he wasn;t the mos worldly wolf and she didn’t know how he would react to being told that he was soon to be a father.

Snarling quietly to herself Neela ran her claws through her hair in frustration. The collie was lounging around Kingsbury in Optime form at the moment. The swelling to her stomach was clearly visible now and admittedly it would probably be a good idea for Neela to take to Lupus if she wanted to put off the inevitable conversation with Tony but she wanted to make the most of her Optime form while she still had access to it; it wouldn’t be too long before she had to shift into Lupus and stay like that for the rest of her pregnancy so the collie intended to take advantage of her hands while she could still use them; god knows fishing would be pretty much impossible in a heavily pregnant Lupus form and Neela didn’t know of many others in the pack that would be able to help her sate her craving for fish. Adelle maybe, if the pup could remember how Neela had taught her, but she doubted that she would be in much of a mood to fish for Neela with the death of her grandfather.

Neela's rather diverted musings were cut short by the sudden presence of preyscent floating past her muzzle and a tongue flicking at her cheek followed shortly by the sense of a body much larger than her own entering her personal space. Neela smiled happily, snuggling back into Tony's embrace. This happiness was interrupted by Tony's comment, causing Neela to twist her head back and glare daggers at her mate. Letting out a huff Neela carefully pried herself out from Tony's arms to free herself some movement up and then drew her arm forwards and sent her elbow flying into his stomach. Not full force - bony elbows such as Neela had combined with the surprising amount of force the slight collie could generate were actually fairly deadly weapons in the right place - but enough to hurt.

"Idiota, I'm not fat, I'm pregnant." she snapped, angry for a split second before her eyes widened in a mixture of shock and fear when she realised what she had just said. Neela had been trying to figure a more subtle way of breaking the news; maybe talking to Tony about his thoughts on pups before actually telling him she was pregnant, but instead she had just blurted it out carelessly.

Neela's ears flattened and her tail retreaded between her legs as she glances nervously at Tony, wondering how he was going to take the news.

Word Count :: +400~

<style>
.Holder {width: 640px; margin:0px auto;}
.NeelaFor { background-image:url(http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4457/neelaforest.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center bottom; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#ffffff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:15px 0px 345px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; }
.NeelaFor b {color:#f5000f; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.NeelaFor p { color:#008416; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.wc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 0px 0px 15px;font-size:11px; }
.ooc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center; font-style: italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 15px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; }

</style>
[/html]
[html]
text goes here

His moment of peace was shattered by Neela's bony as fuck elbow into the stomach. He was a strong male, he had to be, he was a warrior, but Neela was just as able as him. Perhaps more so. After all her life had been more turbulent hadn't it? Her own mother wanted her dead, not to mention the other in her family. Tony stumbled back, a growl parted his lips and a scowl addressed his face. His hand dropped to his chest as she huffed out the mild pain, though it had been enough to half wind him. Tony heard her words clearly, but his mind was too focussed on the insult. 'Idiot, eh? Y' got no right t' call me tha' when y' didn' even have th' balls t' tell me!' his words were harsh and angered. Idiot, him? Neela was the stupid one. How could she get so heated up over a bloody joke? And how could she be angry at him for not knowing?

He processed the words in silence. Huffing and shaking his head for a moment, before walking over to Neela and embracing her tightly. But not as tight as usual, no it wasn't one of his bear hugs. He'd have to be careful now. 'Come here...' he hummed in a defeated tone. 'Everythin's gonna be jus' fine'. His hands traced her spine gently. And his mind filled with the idea of a family. Granted, as Tony was still a young male, it didn't look too promising. 'Y' wanna talk it out?'

<style>
.irontony b {font-weight:bold; color:#cd1111; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #d7cb12; }
.irontony {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#34053b; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 0e1e08.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:330px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #34053b;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Recovered post here.

Neela wasn’t entirely sure what she had been expecting, but it wasn’t anger. Confusion maybe, or fear but Tony’s anger was completely unexpected and put Neela on guard instaltly, one arm dropping to cover her stomach and the other tensing up with claws unsheathed before her subconscious had even registered that it was Tony who was before her, not some stranger.

Tony’s words hit a nerve as well and Neela snapped back, teeth bared and a growl in her throat, "Well its not like I’ve had much chance ta tell you is it?! Ye’v been creepin around, barely around me expect night an even then ya try an keep away. Ye goin on about me being afraid then how come ye haven’ had the balls ta look me in the fuckin’ face for nearly a week!?" She ranted angrily, body going into autopilot and stalking towards Tony. A red haze seemed to fill her eyes and her mind as overtaken by an irrational anger; almost two weeks worth of doubt – why was Tony avoiding her, did he still love her? – and general paranoia and anger bundled up and given target. Neela stepped forwards, her protective hand also rising with claws showing themselves.

And then Tony hugged her and the haze lifted. Neela’s head jerked like she had been slapped and her eyes dropped down to her hand. Claws outstretched, inches away from Tony’s kidney. Slowly Neela’s claws slid back into their sheaths, then her hand started shaking. Unbidden a memory rose into Neela’s mind of a time when she hadn’t stopped, when she had had a knife resting at her hip. Guilt rushed into her mind; what the hell had she been thinking?! But she hadn’t been thinking, hormones and a bad mood and Tony’s tactlessness, it had all rolled together and formed a big knot of anger which had forced itself free and she had nearly lost control. Again

Neela tried to push out of Tony’s hug but there was no strength to it, the hand pushing against his chest shaking and weak, Tony’s hand down her spine inviting and soothing. "I… no, I’m sorry. I’ll go." she muttered as she tried to back off, eyes downcast and ears not really hearing what Tony was saying

Word Count :: +000

<style>
.HolderF {width: 640px; margin:0px auto;}
.NeelaFor { background-image:url(http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4457/neelaforest.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center bottom; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#ffffff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:15px 0px 345px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; }
.wc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 0px 0px 15px;font-size:11px; }
.ooc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center; font-style: italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 15px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; }

</style>
[/html]
A red haze fell over Tony also. His thick claws making themselves know. He'd never hurt Neela, not unless it was in self defence. And now, with him at risk of being injured himself, he was ready to fight. 'Ya think this is ma fault? Ah've been keepin' away from ya because 'a this! Y' flyin' off the fuckin' handle out o' th' blue! It's not exactly welcomin'!' Tony was a formidable wall as he stood up against Neela, thick and tall, with anger in his eyes. He wasn't the type of person you'd particularly enjoy angry. But then again neither was Neela.

His embraced calm him however, ignoring the closeness of Neela's claws to his body. She tried to pull away but Tony kept a tight grip on her. 'C'mon' he sighed, lifting her head upwards his own. 'We gotta talk 'bout it sometime, Neela...' he pointed out, continuing to trace her spine gently. 'We're gonna 'ave to make a plan or summin'. 'Cause ah ain't letting y' do this by y' self...' No, he was going to stay by her side diligently. It was his duty after all. And what would his father say if he didn't? Surely he'd be very ashamed.
[html]

OOC text here

Neela struggled, trying to break out of Tony’s grip, for a few more seconds before she gave up and collapsed limply against him, her ears plastered to her head with shame. ”I’m sorry.” she whispered, burying her muzzle into Tony’s fur, ”I… I didn’t know who you were avoiding me, I got scared, thought you’d figured out I was pregnant an didn’ want anything to do with it, that’s why I didn’ tell ya. I dunno, guess I thought if I ignored it it might go away.” she pushed her nose deeper into Tony’s fur, surrounding herself with his scent, ”I’m sorry.” she repeated.

Tony’s hand was running down her spine again and for a while Neela was happy to just stand there, enjoying the soothing motion and trying to ignore what had just happened but Tony interrupted with more words, and ones that set off new worries. ”I don’t know what to do.” she confessed quietly, ”When I had my first litter there were loads of other women, older than me who’d had tonnes of kids. They pretty much told me everything to do, but I can’t remember any of it.” Neela was silent for a minute before she spoke quietly, ”I’m scared.” the words were quiet, an almost unwilling admittance of a feeling that had been swilling around inside her ever since she had found out she was pregnant.

Word Count :: +231

<style>
.HolderF {width: 640px; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
text goes here

'Why would ah not wan' anythin' t' do wi' i'?' he questioned softly, cradling her form gently, limp with shame. She didn't need to be sorry, it was Tony that needed to apologise. He'd reacted badly out of immaturity and it nearly cost him. 'This is ma family too' he said, looking his mate in the eye. 'An' wha' would ma Dad say if ah abandoned y'? Ah'd get a right earful...' he sighed and buried his snout in Neela's thick plush fur. 'Ah'm the one who should be sorry' he echoed softly, his voice rough like sandpaper as he attempted to speak quietly, something he wasn't built to do.

Tony settled himself on the floor and bought Neela down with him, recollecting her in his arms as he settled himself to think. It was a load to take in. After all, he was only young. And he would have had a huge amount to do had he not settled down. But he was more that happy with his place in life now. 'Ther's plenty a' other women here? Ismeme? And ma Dad probably knows something? Y' ain't alone, love...' he insisted softly, petting her spine again gently.

<style>
</style>
[/html]