saddle warm
[html]
lookit Io being a sheep dog! well horse dog!

Io watched silently from the middle of the paddock, silver eyes squinting in the bright daylight. Behind her was the faint humming of hooves on the ground, but that wasn't what she was interested in. It was Bialy. While she was exercising Neo, he'd slipped in to play with the herd. Of course, Neo hadn't taken to that well, and so behind her was the beating hooves of Neo, impatiently waiting for Io to removed the pesky baroque horse from his herd. But he was slippery and integrated with the herd slightly (which Io supposed was good, as he didn't much like them. Perhaps he was warming up?) The hybrid scowled softly and move forward. Easily separating him form the herd, she steered him into a holding pen.

Neo had hopped the fence back to the herd and now stood by Rio and her foal. Whom he adopted as his pseudo child. Io smiled and moved slowly into the barn. The small amount of activity had sapped energy she didn't really have, and while she needed to saddle warm this stallion, she could do it herself. Moving into the barn she looked for aid.

<style type="text/css">
.ioleave b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #c7ad8d; }
.ioleave p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ioleave {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#10293d; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 079ccc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #74644e; padding: 3px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#609aae; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
That's adorable! And Una is awkward as usual. x3

The abilities of a Tsulvwisdanehi had still not come to Unatsikanogeni, a fact that had vaguely troubled him at first but had now been shoved into his head by Udanvti. While she mostly wanted him to learn how to socialize with the other Tribe members and learn to care about them, actually completing his duties was just as important, and she'd flat-out told him so. He'd whined about it, of course, because there really wasn't anything he could do besides learn -- and he didn't know who to learn from.

"Who eats the crops, Unatsi?" the doe asked softly.

"The animals?" he'd answered, frowning and dropping his big ears.

Udanvti relaxed her strong stance -- unusually strong, for such a graceful and meek-looking creature -- and nodded. "The animals eat the crops. You must learn what crops the animals eat. Go and ask." She disappeared before he could protest.

That had been that morning, and the ruddy-furred man strolled awkwardly stumbled toward the paddocks, dreading what he'd have to do. In the spirit of the Cherokee, he thought horses as beautiful and useful, but he'd never been very good with them, and never enough to have a horse of his own. Rubbing shoulders with them while he looked for one of their caretakers was not a task he looked forward to. He scowled and shuffled around the side of the fence, watching the herd running about for a moment before slipping into the barn.

It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the darkness, although shafts of light leaked in from gaps in the wooden structure. He sneezed, sending dust motes whirling, and looked around. He wasn't sure what he was expecting (a list of food the animals wanted, maybe), but his investigation was only short-lived. He heard footsteps and whirled around, prepared to be reprimanded for trespassing, until he realized the red and white face was one that he recognized.

"Oh! Osiyo, Io, dohadvne?" Unatsi asked, smiling awkwardly. "If I'm -- if I'm in the way or anything, just -- I'm probably in the way." He stepped quickly to the side, nearly pressed against the barn wall.

<style type="text/css">
.una2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#732814;}
.una2 p {text-indent:35px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.una2 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#a1a86a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4vCbH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 275px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 370
[/html]
[html]
OOC

It wasn't long until she found someone to help. Unatsi, his nickname, because despite her firm grip on Slavic languages, she couldn't remember, nor pronounce his name. He spoke in AniWayan, words she was familiar with, things she could reply to. 'Unatsi' she smiled, looking up to him with bright silver eyes. 'I do not suppose you have time on your hands? Because I could do with some help'. The hybrid moved away, beckoning with her tail for him to follow. The pen Bialy was secured in was small and constricting, he couldn't get out of it due to the high fencing around it. Beside that was an old paddock, it was in peak condition, another part of the taming area Io had set aside. And, again, some ways off to the side was the base of the gyrus. At the moment, it was only planks of wood and lines in the dirt, but once Io was able to get out of her Secui form she'd get straight to work.

'I am trying to saddle warm this horse. I suspect it has been a while since he has worn one' he looked back around to Unatsi, 'He should not be too much trouble with it however'. There was a stone block to the side of the pen, and Io hopped up on it ready to given instructions. The saddle, an old, worn down greyish brown thing, lay balanced on the wooden 'horse' beside the pen. It had been placed there by Jaroslaw in the morning. 'He is fine with bridles and head collars. I think it is because he has been led around as opposed to ridden' the red and white hybrid mused, silver eyes regarding the dappled stallion.

<style type="text/css">
.ioleave b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #c7ad8d; }
.ioleave {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#10293d; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 079ccc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #74644e; padding: 3px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#609aae; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The secui woman smiled at him, and Unatsi managed to relax slightly when he realized she wouldn’t chew him out for messing around where he didn’t belong. He was keenly aware that most of the stuff in the barn was alien to him, and even items that he recognized, like the bridles hanging on the wall, looked extremely complicated. It was almost like trespassing into another tribe’s territory.

It didn’t seem like he’d be free to just leave and go on his merry way, however. Io asked him for help then turned away before he could stammer out an answer, leaving him to follow meekly as was his instinct. It wasn’t like he was going to disobey the pregnant coydog that was so trusted by the leadership.

The red wolf glanced nervously from side to side as they came out near the paddocks. Many of the horses were trotting around or grazing or socializing, but one stallion was isolated in a small pen. His ears dropped as he wondered whether the beast was aggressive, but then Io informed him that the dappled horse only needed to be saddle warmed. It wasn’t a term that Unatsi had heard before, but as she hopped onto a stone block for some height and explained that the horse wasn’t used to being ridden, he got the picture.

“So, uh—where do I come in?” the farmer asked nervously, stepping closer and running his fingers across the old leather of the saddle. He hoped she didn’t expect him to ride the horse around until he was bucked off, or something like that. He didn’t need to break his arms; then he’d be even more useless.

<style type="text/css">
.una2 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#a1a86a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4vCbH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 275px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 370
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.freeb6 b {font-weight:bold; color:#0b1719; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeb6-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeb6 p {text-indent:25px;padding:10px 25px 5px 26px;margin:0px;}
.freeb6 {width:400px;border:1px solid #2d4041;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... freeb6.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:60px;background-color:#a1b1b9;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#2d4041;}
</style>

ooc murr

Silver eyes regarded the nervous male with welcoming warmness. She could see, and remember, his timidness and she knew how important it was to have him feeling comfortable and useful. Both for his good and in order for the tribe to utilise his full potential. Luckily, Bialy was far from aggressive, even with other horses (then he was just plain irritating and naughty) and therefore hopefully Unatsi wouldn't be on edge as much. As he approached, the dapple stallion turn his head towards the wolf, lifting his large head over one of the beams to get a better view. Io intended to raise these beams another metre or so. Because with the smaller horses who wouldn't be so trapped in there, it would be easier to jump. For now, Bialy was secure in the pen and calm, so there was no chance he'd bolt.

When Unatsi spoke, Io turned around and gestured to the saddle with he nose. Put the saddle on. Just rest it on there for the moment. Put it on quite high up at first, then let it slide down until it sits stably' she instructed kindly. 'And then we will see how he is. And if he is fine with it we will do the girth up and take him for a walk. And perhaps put some light sand bags on him to replicate a rider'.

[/html]
[html]

The silvery stallion peered at him, and Unatsi dipped his muzzle slightly to stare at the ground. At least it didn’t seem to have any malice in its eyes; it looked as well-bred and kind as any Tribe horse should be. He just wished he could understand just what it was thinking, or talk to it so it knew who he was. He knew some from the old Tribe who could speak to a horse as easily as they could speak to another wolf, but the skill was beyond him. The only prey animal he could talk with was Udanvti, and that was because she was only deer in appearance.

He abandoned staring at the ground in favor of looking at Io as she gave him instructions, sounding far more patient than he was used to others being with him. It seemed that he didn’t have to do as much strenuous work as he’d feared, and he nodded slightly as he looked back at the saddle. As long as the stallion didn’t respond aggressively to the weight on its back, they were okay, and if not—well, he expected Io to help out if she could. It was hard to trust a Tribe mate to do something for him, considering how his history worked out, but he knew that’s what Udanvti would have wanted if she were around. The fact that she was elsewhere or simply hidden to him encouraged him that this wasn’t dangerous.

Unatsikanogeni squirmed into the pen once he’d found a gate, speaking softly to the dappled beast inside. “Oh, hello little horsy friend. I’m just going to get this—er—saddle thing, and put it on you, and then we’ll see what happens, although I’ve got some suggestions as to what should happen, none of them involving trampling me to death.” He managed to grab the saddle and now approached the stallion, trying to let out his anxious energy in a great number of words rather than something the animal might pick up on.

“Right here, stay still, if you would,” the Tsulvwisdanehi continued, hoisting the saddle up. He tried to set it high like Io suggested, so the thing slid from the horse’s withers onto his back proper. Once he completed this dangerous mission, Una quickly backpedaled in case he was attacked, but the horse’s body language read more as confusion and a hint of disdain than I’m-going-to-hoof-your-face.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 403
[/html]
Io watched with mild bemusement as Unatsi spoke to the horse. It was more because of the comical way he did so, rather than the fact he was actually speaking to a horse. Because if there was something wrong with that then Io did it worringly enough. The horse seemed suspicious of the words more than comforted, but he remained still for Unatsi. 'Calmate' Io mused a loud, though loud enough for both to hear. It was a spur of the moment thing but after a pause Io translated for him. 'He knows Spanish. Tell him 'calmate' Io edited her words smoothly and then fell silent agan as she watched.

Pleased that he'd taken the saddle well, Io nodded turning to Unatsi. 'If you could go get the weights now? They are small sand bags in the storage area of the stables. Bring out two if you could...' she asked, obviously unable to do it herself. Speaking of the storage, when she was back on two feet she'd need to clear the blasted place out.
[html]
Una's like WHYYY ARE YOU MAKING ME DO THIIIIS?

As he was talking to the horse, Io made a strange noise that had the red wolf’s ears twitching back. He swallowed the impulse to say “bless you” and was glad that he had; she explained quickly that it was a Spanish word meant to calm the dappled stallion. He nodded nervously and repeated calmate to the horse, although he was sure that his Cherokee accented butchered the word. Luckily, at about the time his self-consciousness became too much, the Adeloquasdi Nata called him out of the pen to fetch the sand bags.

Unatsi nodded quickly. “Kilaquu iyusdi dvtsilutsi,” he said, slipping back out of the pen (and checking quickly three times that the gate really was shut) and running toward the barn. He hesitated once he stepped inside, his green eyes adjusting to the dim light. He scanned the walls anxiously before reasoning that the sand bags wouldn’t be tied up somewhere high, and so he rooted around near the floor until he could grab two. He tied the rope ends together, hoisting them around his neck so that one bag dangled on either side. Even this weight was trying to the scrawny red wolf, but he persisted, gritting his teeth and heading back outside.

“If I were that horse, I would be none too pleased,” he grumbled before getting back in and approaching the stallion, murmuring his newly-learned Spanish word to him in a happier, but not too high-energy, tone of voice. He hesitated, though, not sure about doing more. He didn’t know if the horse was warmed up to him or the saddle enough to accept more weight on his back, and so Unatsi gave Io a slightly helpless look, desiring encouragement.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 403
[/html]
[html]

Io's like, such it up bish, "WE DO THIS IS FREEZING COLD WEATHER BACK HOME" <3

Word Count → 000

Safe to say Cherokee did give an out of tone hint to the word. But then again, harsh Slavic tones didn't suite the Latin flow either, so the red and white hybrid paid no heed to the off pronunciation. After all, she was pretty sure she had butchered her own sons name. But she guess that served Leon right for doing so she guessed. Instead, silver chalice eyes watched his as he scampered off with a phrase of AniWaya spoke to her, she understood it so she assumed she was doing well in her learning. Io was aware that the light was dim in there, and she also felt slightly guilty that she had not given him more precise directions. But he was intelligent enough, and she was sure he'd find them in the end. Though, that was easy for the woman who knew every inch of the place by heart to say.

Silver eyes remained on Unatsi as he sought her gaze for encouragement. She nodded, of course, but spoke also, 'You will be fine. If he gets scared enough all he will do is buck them off'. Granted that wasn't too helpful perhaps, but she was merely trying to push forward the fact that the most he would do would be to flail around to get the sand bags off himself.

<style>
.io-t52 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.io-t52 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.io-t52 b {color:#17211E; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.io-t52 {background-color:#BBD0CB; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/13aka.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D9F4FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B4E48; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.io-t52-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.io-t52 .inner {margin:10px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.io-t52 .wordcount {color:#17211E; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #3B4E48; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
*grin* And booo a short one from me, 50% Unatsirambling™!

The encouragement brought a bright smile to the uncertain Tsulvwisdanehi’s face. He was already growing quite fond of Io; she had exhibited a great amount of patience with him. Although still a bit surprise her temper hadn’t snapped, Unatsi accepted her kindness and approached the horse with the saddle bags. His anxiety came in little flickers, but he trusted the animal caretaker’s word and set the weight on the saddle, moving quickly away just in case the stallion did start to buck. He grabbed at the fence post, leaning on it to support himself. A beast that well-fed and powerful surely would surely be able to get the sand bags off if he wanted.

Which reminded him…

“Io, can I ask you something about the animals?” Unatsi asked nervously, rubbing at his cheek with a thumb. “About their, uh, dietary needs—nutrition and all that—like, what kind of crops they like? Because I’m—I’m in agriculture, but I have to admit that I…don’t know much about it. My guide said I should learn from you what the animals like, so I know what we should grow.” He shrugged self-consciously. “I mean, everyone probably went on ahead without me, harvest is likely taken care of for this year and all that, but—well, for the future, if I ever want to be half-decent at my profession…” He trailed off and dipped his muzzle.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Bialy twisted his head to look at the sand bags, understandably confused. He shifted around where he stood, trying to nudge the heavy bags off to no avail. There was a bit of stropping from the stallion, like a naughty child, but with an irritated bray he stopped moving. 'There,' Io said with a smile. 'I told you he would not mind so much'. Bialy's dark eyes regarded Io, understanding he was being spoken of, but why for and what were things he didn't understand nor could he pick up. With a heavy sigh the stallion turned back to the hay bale in front of him, chewing at the tough strands casually.

'Yes?' she said, turning around to him and listening. What did they eat? Well, 'The dietary needs can vary across the species. As you can see here, horses eat hay, but also oats, grass and some fruits. The poultry eat seeds and sometimes bugs, grain and corn'. She gazed around looking for other animals, the pigeons eats insects and grain too, the llamas eat just about anything green, plants, weeds, grasses. Cows eat a large amount of grass and sheep eat grass too, as well as other pasture plants'[/b]. She looked up to Unatsi, hoping her quick, simple explanation was good enough.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
sorry for weirdness

The noises and movements coming from the horse were frightful, but it seemed to Unatsi that there wasn’t any aggression in it—no sudden explosion or rage or fear, no violence. It reminded him more of a child petulantly dealing with a task given to it, and he smiled although he kept a safe distance. While some in the Tribe might claim to understand the other beasts of the world, great and small, Unatsi had no illusions about his own understanding. He was deaf to their tongues, ignorant of their minds, and therefore had little to do with an animal that wasn’t his to eat. That wasn’t to say he disliked them, as respect for any breathing creature had been instilled in him from the beginning, but he was cautious as any wolf should be.

Io listed off the foods quickly, and his mind scrambled to categorize them. Once he had, and it seemed like the secui woman had nothing else to say, he nodded then stared at the ground in disappointment. That didn’t really help him at all, except maybe he’d know what the grains were for. Otherwise, with much of the livestock content with chomping on grass, it didn’t seem like there was a lot for him to do.

Knowing that his frowning was probably rude, the man tried to explain himself. “Sorry, I was just—I dunno, I guess expecting some great epiphany or something. Like, ‘Oh, whoa! I need to start growing this plant now! And here’s how!’ except that didn’t just happen, if you couldn’t gather from my lack of hopping and skipping.” His tone was dry, embellished with fake excitement at his fake revelation, and quickly faded off into nothing. “I just feel useless, and now I’m here ranting to you about it, when all you want me to do is put stupid bags of sand on your horse and stop talking and—” He turned and bent, resting his forehead against the wooden post in frustration. Why couldn’t he stop opening his big mouth?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
+341
[/html]
[html]

Io smiled softly at Unatsi, shaking her head. 'Epiphanies do not come automatically' she pointed out softly, 'You only needs to get your bearings and to sort out the basics, and even then you probably will not need an epiphany after all'. Her words were soft, after all, she'd mellowed out with age and over the months of turmoil that led up to her joining AniWaya. 'Give it time..' she mused softly, settling her eyes on the stallion again. Silver eyes looked towards Unatsi with smirk, 'I do not care, as long as you are working I will be happy to lend and ear'. Io tailed flickered softly, 'If you want, you can take the sand bags off, put them away and I can try and help you more?'

Io rose to her paws. 'I am sure the others will help you, Saqui and Jaroslaw. I mean, I know what they eat, and partially how to cultivate it. But as far as short cuts and tricks go, I am clueless'. She couldn't see why he'd pick the path if he was struggling with it, but then she remembered it had been his guide who chose his profession, and she wouldn't question a guide. 'Will your guide not help also?' Io questioned softly however.

<style>
.iogoodie b {color:#fff; font-weight:normal;}
.iogoodie p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.iogoodie {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#71605E; line-height:15px; padding:240px 0px 5px 0px; border:2px solid #4C3737; -moz-border-top-right-radius: 250px 150px; -moz-border-top-left-radius: 100px; border-top-left-radius: 100px; border-top-right-radius: 250px 150px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Toabl.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#4C3737; width:500px; text-align:justify; box-shadow:1px 1px 13px #000; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]
sorry for weirdness

“Golagi nigesvna,” the Tsulvwisdanehi muttered to himself, about himself, once he had finished his little tirade. He didn’t see how his spirit guide expected him to improve; this was the result of him trying so hard, so what was the point? He thought he’d be better off as a loner without responsibilities and expectations, but he knew he wouldn’t survive alone for more than a day—and he definitely wouldn’t have survived his past journeys without Udanvti there. She’d have no reason to stick around her charge if he left AniWaya, so he’d be alone for real.

But Io continued to smile at him, and the softness really did help. Hardly anyone had shown him patience thus far, his guide notwithstanding, and while he needed a firm hand, he needed a gentle one also. His green eyes regarded her cautiously until she smirked at him, concluding her advice, and he managed to send a little smile back.

“Wado,” Unatsikanogeni murmured, and nodded when she instructed him. Honestly, he thought he might be okay as long as everyone pointed out exactly what he had to do—but he knew they wouldn’t want to instruct him forever. He hoped the collie mix was right in that he’d learn after sorting out the basics. Until then, he was glad to walk over to the horse, muttering his terrible Spanish, and remove the burden of the sand bag. He heaved the weights on the other side of the fence then followed suit, leaning against the gate as he shut it and glancing at the pregnant woman, who named two others in his profession.

His big ears flattened at mention of his guide, and he turned his head although he knew he wouldn’t know the doe was there unless she wanted to show herself. “She is helping, I mean—” He hesitated. “She wants… She wants me to do a lot of this on my own, just so I can learn how. She said that agriculture—agriculture was growth and love, and I needed to grow and learn to love.” He grinned self-consciously, his scar tissue twitching, as he realized how cheesy it all was. He hoped the woman didn’t take it the wrong way. “I don’t know what else I could do, though; none of the other professions are suiting either. I can’t stand battle, I’m not worthy of the Great Fire, I can’t take care of animals, I can’t craft or hunt or scout or teach… I can’t really do anything.” He looked at the ground, then smirked. “Except feel sorry for myself, of course, I’m a master in that profession.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
+348
[/html]