Here Fishy Fishy!
[html]
OOC: Blah blah blah / +000

This was it. She was drawing closer to Anathema and by tomorrow, she'd be at their doorstep being accepted into their family. The young princess couldn't exactly find any excitement in herself for joining the pack. All she had was expectations that she wished to be fulfilled and would except nothing less than what she wanted. She'd set a mental check list to be checked off when she joined and that was the first thing she'd do.

The sun was getting low in the sky which meant she'd have to rest for tonight. She wasn't especially tired but traveling at night was never easy and wasn't exactly safe. Before she decided where to set up camp she needed to get herself a meal. Today she wasn't going to settle for the usual rabbit or other rodent, she wanted something she was used to. In her case, it was fish. Just the thought of the scaled creature toasting over a fire had her mouth watering and her stomach gurgling. Revena found and followed a small stream which eventually connected to a river. Perfect. She could see the fish flopping up and out of the water then back down making a splash as they traveled down the shallow parts of the river.

Revena approached the river and took off all her clothes folding them neatly and piling them on the shore underneath a tree. She waded into the knee deep part of the river and moved slowly out into the middle as not to scare away her catch. The fish were abundant, swimming up against her legs as she stood there. Ew! She shrieked. They were slimy and felt disgusting as the rubbed against her. Her whole demeanor screamed that this wasn't something she normally did. Her tail raised high so it didn't get wet and her hands held up to her chest. Her brow was furrowed into an unpleasant scowl as she stared down into the water. I'm gonna catch one of you suckers whether you like it or not. With a growl she raised her hands and formed claws with them. Her eyes followed the fishes movements and when she thought she was locked on one she plunged into the water. Several times she failed and by the fourth try she was bubbling with anger and frustration. Revena growled and shrieked loudly into her surroundings causing the frightened fish to disperse around her.

Damn you slimy things...I hate you. She scoffed at the fish before readying her hands one last time. This time, she'd catch one. Angered hazel eyes narrowed into a focused gaze on the water as the fish forgot her existence again and swam around her feet. Her eyes locked onto one of the slimy creatures and she plunged in again. This time, she felt her hands grasp one of the fish. As quickly as she could she brought her hands out of the water, fish and all, and squealed excitedly, tail going off like a rudder behind her. She turned to head to the shore but tripped on a wet rock which sent her plummeting into the ice cold water, soaking the majority of her coat. Another frustrated scream filled the air when she realized the fish she'd caught had escaped and now, she was back to square one.

<style type="text/css">
.revqueen .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
.revqueen b {font-weight:bold; color:#960d0d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #; }
.revqueen p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.revqueen {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JWK0Z.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #960d0d; padding: 7px 0px 330px 0px; font-family: Ariel; font-size:15px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.revqueen p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.revqueen p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
table by Nat

[/html]
OOC-Great first impression right? :p
It was time to set out. Lance had been cooped up for days and needed some adventure. He was going to go wandering around outside of Anathema today. He had already packed all of his supplies and had almost 4 days worth of dried deer jerky. He grabbed his satchel full of medical supplies,his knives, and his spear and began to head out. He left his home and headed for the borders. He followed the path his friend Lukos had shown him. Once he reached the border he took one last look at the sky and decided he would travel till dark and make camp since he wouldn't make it that far until dark. The fields seemed far and wide ahead of him and that's the way he liked it.

Once he had set out he began to ponder what all he could run into. He wouldn't have much trouble if he ran into any dangers since he had learned to fight just a few days before when he was taught by Mido. Maybe he would meet a passerby. He seemed very prone to that since his last travel had led to three new friends. The day was almost gone when Lance could hear the sound of rushing water but what made him stop was the sound of a female wolf in what seemed anger. He followed the stream when he came in view of the main body of water. He could see a female standing in the water and thrusting her hands in repeatably."What is she doing?" It seemed awkward and strange until he saw her plunge her hands in and come up to reveal a fish. A sudden rush of joy came over the females face when she realized what she had one. He gazed as she began to walk back to dry land. She had almost reached it when she tripped and fell. She emerged soaking wet and angry."Better go see if she needs any help."

He began to walk casually towards her.He spoke in a very calm voice as not to alarm her."Hey,need any help. I know a way to catch a fish." Lance grinned as he remembered the trick that Lukos had taught him. As he arrived at the base of the lake he reached into his satchel and grabbed a knife. He gripped it between his index and middle finger and began to scan the lake. His eyes caught a glimpse of a fish. He focused on it and flung the knife at the fish. The knife struck the fish right in the middle."Wow surprised it worked." This was actually only the second time this trick had worked.

He walked towards the fish and removed the knife. He piked the fish up and gestured it towards the female."Here you can have it. So what's you name?
[html]
OOC: No worries. X3 Lance has to deal with bratty Revena./ +000

The current of the river rushed around her as she sat her utterly discontent with the situation. She sat there, growling, for a couple seconds before she stood up and looked down at all the fish. They were taunting her, daring her to try and fail again. Well they weren't going to get the best of her. She was about to dive in for another try but a scent filled her nose and a voice had her ears pushing forward and head turning to see a stranger walking towards her. Her eyes narrowed in a grin on the wolf. No! She didn't want any help. She was fully capable of doing this herself and didn't need help from a random passerby.

Despite her disapproval with his help, she simply watched him as he rummaged through the bag slung over his shoulder and pulled out a knife. Her hackles raised momentarily, not liking the idea of a stranger with a knife in his hand, aiming it right at her. But, as soon as she realized he truly was aiming at a fish, she calmed down and watched as he flung the knife into the water hitting a fish directly in the side sending it floating to the surface, flopping about in its last moments. The man came to her and picked it up, offering it to her. Revena scowled rudely at him and took the knife and fish from him with a jerk. It was her fish in the first place.

Fish in hand, she waded to the shore and shook herself. Narrowed hazel eyes turned to meet that of the strangers. Revena Shmit if you must know. She really didn't care for his name so she didn't ask. Instead, she concentrated on drying herself off with a small towel she'd been carrying with her. After that, she got dressed. Revena didn't like the man seeing her in this two legged form without a single piece of clothing covering her body. The chocolate splattered female didn't mind for his presence either and continued on like he wasn't there, padding into the forest to collect some firewood. She began to pick up several pieces of wood, still unhappy with today's happenings.

<style type="text/css">
.revqueen .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
.revqueen b {font-weight:bold; color:#960d0d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #; }
.revqueen {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JWK0Z.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #960d0d; padding: 7px 0px 330px 0px; font-family: Ariel; font-size:15px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by Nat

[/html]
"Well that's not the kind of greeting i was expecting. Although i could have done without pulling out a knife in front of a total stranger." Lance was just about to tell Revena her name but she began to walk into the forest. He started to follow her not wanting to lose a possible travel partner.He eventually caught up behind her as she began to gather firewood."Well my name is Lance. Nice to meet you." He gave her that awkward smile he had used so many times before."I just came from Anathema looking for adventure. So what are you doing?" He knew he would probably get the silent treatment but he was used to it. He would eventually work his way into a conversation.

He decided to help her get some firewood and began searching near her keeping mind not to lose her. He soon found a handful and returned to Revena and offered to carry her load."Here let me carry those. I have some kindling in my satchel to if you don't mind grabbing it for me." He was glad that he had come prepared. It was always good. He began to study the female. She seemed easily frustrated,not very friendly, and didn't seem t like company."Well i'll have to find a way to break down that defensive wall won't I?"
[html]
OOC: I'll be faster now. I was busy yesterday. >.< / +000

Revena wasn't exactly thrilled that there was some stranger bugging her when she was so irritated. She continued to collect wood without regards to him. Ever since she'd left her home, she'd been doing everything for herself and it was a nice change. That didn't mean she didn't miss having people bend to her will and do as she asked. A smug grin spread across her face as she picked up another piece of wood and stacked it above the others in the pile her arms were carrying. He started to speak and she turned to look at him, erect ear swiveled to the side, not at all amused by his introduction. Lance, I think we might get along She thought. The smug grin was still there. She had nothing to hide, at least it would make her look a little bit friendly. Lance then mentioned that he was from Anathema which sparked some interest in her. That's where she was headed. Maybe they could be friends.

When they both finished, he came to her side like a lost puppy dog and ever so politely offered to carry her wood. He was just like all the other schmucks in her own pack who did whatever she asked them to do, but he was better, she didn't even have to ask. The chocolate splattered coy-dog grinned widely at Lance and dropped her stack on top of his with a little bit of force. She had no regards to whether or not it was too heavy. With permission granted, she rummaged through his satchel and got the kindling he said he had. She raised her head and smiled at him again before walking back out into the clearing where she stood simply staring at the ground. Lance? Do you know how to start a fire? I'm not so sure I know how. That was a lie. She had a slight idea, but would much rather him do it for her. It would be much appreciatd if you could. She glanced over her shoulder and shot him a charming grin, so tempted to throw in a wink. But, that might be overdoing it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
table by Nat

[/html]
The tall gray male was glad to get a response. He felt a little regret though when Revena shoved her load of sticks into his arms. They were a little heavier then he though but hey, he was glad to help. As the coy dog grabbed the kindling out of Lance's bag he positioned the sticks in a tepee shape and placed the kindling under it."Well of course I know how to make a fire." He began to recall watching a old way to make fire that one of his friends had used. He went towards his bag and revealed tow worn-out and chipped pieces of flint rock. He went back to the pile and began striking the rocks together until a spark caught the kindling and produced a fire.

Lance turned towards the female and gave a accomplished smile"So where are you headed?" He hoped she was on her way to Anathema so he could have someone to travel with. He realized that even though he brought his spear he couldn't handle everything. He began to look Revena over. She seemed to like having Lance do things for her but who didn't. Everyone loves help. He had already had many offers to help a variety of people. He was just something he couldn't resist. He had to help anyone who needed help.

He then went back to the lake after he grabbed his two canteens out of his bag. He filled them with water and went back to the fire. He sat down and threw one at the mix."Here. Thought you might want something to wash that fish down." He pulled out a piece of his own jerky he had brought and began to gnaw on it. He was hungry but this would do.
[html]
OOC: Hey, gonna post up Revena's joining thread. So, I assume they'll walk back together? Or he'll follow her. X3 / +000

She oversaw all that he did as she stood in front of him and the tepee he was building. If she, someone who had only made a fire once before could make a fire, he should definitely be able too. She was still holding the knife with the fish stabbed onto it but crossed one of her arms over her chest and rested her hand in the crook of her elbow. It took Lance several minutes, but eventually he got a fire up and blazing. She was glad, it would be dark soon which mean she'd have to wait until tomorrow to make the trek to Anathema. When the fire was up, she gave a satisfied smile. Good.

Revena sat herself down and took the fish off of the knife handing it back to Lance. She stuck a long, thick stick through the hole the knife had made and put it over the fire. It wasn't tradition for canines to cook their meals, but she'd grown to enjoy the flavors the fire brought out, especially in fish. Anything else she mostly ate raw. Hazel eyes gazed over at her companion, he wasn't going to leave anytime soon. It seemed the man yearned for company and she just happened to be the unlucky find for today. Even so, it was kind of nice to not be alone. She took a deep breath and leaned back, propping the stick up against a rock. I'm heading towards Anathema. I've been in this forest for way to long. It'll be nice to sleep inside for a change... She sighed staring at the fish as it started to bubble. Lance got up with the canteens and went tot he lake returning with them full of water.

She tipped her head to the side and stared at Lance, wide eyed. Didn't you say you're from Anathema? Revena gladly accepted the canteen without a thank you. He was right, it would be nice to have something to wash down the fish. The coy-dog stared at him curiously as she waited for a response. She wanted to get in close with Lance so maybe she'd have an errand boy. He seemed like the type that would do a favor for so much as a charming smile from a woman. Revena had plenty of charming smiles for him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
table by Nat

[/html]
OOC-I had the whole thing typed and my internet closed out of nowhere so i have to write it again -_-
"Yeah. I just joined about a two weeks ago." He laughed at himself as he remembered hos he looked when he reached the Anathema border when he first joined. He was covered in dirt,grim,and he looked almost starved. He was much better off in Anathema now. his coat was shiny,his belly full, and he had learned so many new things."If you'll excuse me I'm gonna go catch a fish." He took his knife back but instead of using it he put it back in his bag and pulled out his spear and some rope. He walked back to the lake and looked at the water. he tied one end of the rope around his wrist and the other around the shaft of his spear."Now I can toss this instead of just thrusting it. Should make this a lot faster." He looked at the water and decided to step in while he fished. As he took his first step the water rushed around his legs. It felt great."Heck, I'll soak it all in." He took a deep breath and plunged himself under the water. The aquatic world always amazed him. He observed his surroundings and found a school of fish.

He rose out of the water slowly as not to scare away the fish. He pulled the spear back and tossed it at the fish. It felt the spear make contact so he jerked hiss arm back and saw the spear emerge with a fish on the tip. In mid-air he caught the spear and smiled. That had to look cool. He walked back to the fire and began to roast the fish on the tip of his spear."So I'm gonna guess you don't like my company. I could tell by the way you looked at me back in the woods. It's okay though I can leave if you want me to."