acts of revenge
[html]

Skye walked down the street, her shoulders pushed back, her tail high, her ears flat against her head in anger. How dare someone attack one of her members - and unprovoked. The horrific scar on Keldava's back was tribute to the fact that the attack was not in the heat of battle, but in cold blood, in an act of deliberate pain.

She arrived at the home that the wolfdog resided in. Atlhough she did not tell her mother or Taliesin who had done it, Skye had to know - had to bring whoever had inflicted her pain to justice. She knocked on the door loudly; she had given Keldava several days to heal and rest, but she still needed to know who had wished harm on her members, who had dared to inflict pain on a member of a pack.

"Keldava," she called out. "I need to speak with you."

<style>
.wordstext p {text-indent:10px; padding:0px 5px 0px 0px; margin: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.wordstext {font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; word-spacing:.5px; letter-spacing:.2pt; line-height:13pt; padding:70px 0px 10px 5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KKBFV.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:365px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 454 :: For reference Keldava’s back scar is a runic letter ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Runic_letter_thurisaz.svg ) surrounded by a chain. Obviously rough since it was done with Keldava struggling and whatnot.

Just a week ago Keldava had been a happy, outgoing girl, raring to go out and experience all that the world had to offer. Now she just wished that the world would leave her the hell alone. The youth was slumped miserably on a soft bed, shutters covering the windows casting the room into a dark shade in an attempt to drive the world outside away. She couldn’t lay normally on the bed because of her back and so instead lay face down, arms wrapped around the bed as though hugging it and face buried deep within the soft pillow.

The stench of blood, both fresh and stale, lingered around the room like an unwanted guest, constantly saturating Keldava’s nose. The wound on her back reopened seemingly at will, the deep wounds breaking their scabs at even slight movements. Combine this with nightmares which left Keldava thrashing about more often than not and you got a very slow healing process. Keldava had been keeping sullenly to herself for the left few days, practically having a panic attack at any foreign presence – even that of her family - and snapping anyone who approached away. Some enterprising soul had bandaged most of her wounds while she slept - and in afterthought she was fairly impressed that they had managed the bandage wrapping around her head to cover the gash above her eye without waking her – but her back was more complicated and attempts to do anything to it had been met with teeth, so the wound was so far uncovered, easily visible as a patch of blood soaked fur and scabs on her back.

A knock sounded on the door causing Keldava to groan and bury her head deeper into her pillow, hoping that whoever it was would go away and leave her alone, or think her not inside the house. Keldava had no such luck though and soon Skye’s voice sounded up through the window. For a moment Keldava was still but then she slowly began to move; as much as she wanted to she could hardly ignore the pack’s alpha when she called. Keldava let out a louder than she would have liked yelp when she sat up off the bed, tearing several sections of the cuts open again.

Slowly and unhappily Keldava made her way downstairs to where Skye waited, the scent of blood following her all the way to the door. The door was opened a fraction as Keldava nervously poked her muzzle outside, confirming that it was her cream coated leader standing outside the door before she opened it completely. ”W-what do you need Skye?” she asked politely, knowing full well what she wanted but trying in vain to delay it nonetheless.

<style type="text/css">
.kelstreamip b {font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left;}
.kelstreamip p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.kelstreamip .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kelstreamip {width:100%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#0c0c03; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yl4cV.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:400px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e8e48; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-top-left-radius:150px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

She knew that Keldava was harmed, but did not know how much - she had brought some aloe vera from the garden just in case, to ease her pain. Her suspicions were confirmed when the canine opened the door just a bit - the smell of blood permeated the room, leaking out of the door and onto the streets. Skye wanted to almost recoil - she hated seeing and smelling her packmates hurt. However, she shook the feeling and looked into Keldava's eyes - they were shielded, as if protecting her from being hurt anymore. Skye's own eyes were warm - she did not want to cause Keldava pain, but she had to know who had endangered her pack so.

"I brought you something for your pain," she said gently, holding up the aloe vera for the girl to see. "And I must ask... who did this to you, Keldava?" It was clear that underneath the warmth in Skye's eyes, she was smoldering, but it wasn't out of anger towards Keldava. It was out of anger to whoever had done this - whoever had attacked her, all over her body, knicks and scratches and clearly a deeper wound in her back. It was deliberate, that scar, not simply the product of a feud or a fight.

"I promise that whoever did this will pay," she said lowly, a spark of fire in her eyes - those who decided to harm her pack would face a grim future indeed.

<style>
.wordstext p {text-indent:10px; padding:0px 5px 0px 0px; margin: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.wordstext {font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; word-spacing:.5px; letter-spacing:.2pt; line-height:13pt; padding:70px 0px 10px 5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KKBFV.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:365px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 236 :: OOC

Keldava’s head tilted with confusion when Skye held up a bunch of spiky leaves towards her, saying they were for the pain. Keldava had never seen them, but then her knowledge of herbs was both wide and limited at the same time – she could tell almost all the edible herbs from the inedible ones and knew how to test those she wasn’t familiar with, but knew little beyond that.

The spark of inquisitiveness, and indeed all emotion Keldava was showing aside from fear, was snuffed out when Skye asked about who had attacked her. Keldava visibly shuddered, remembering Amy’s threats not to reveal her identity, delivered as the blonde female had Keldava pinned to the ground. ”I… I don’t know. I can’t remember.” The lie was as blatant as Keldava’s fear at the even indirect mention of Amy, Keldava’s body language and eyes screaming the falsehood in her words. Almost subconsciously Keldava started to edge away from the door into the safety of the house, unconsciously trying to distance herself from Skye and her dangerous questions but not quite brave enough to shut the door and run.

”I-I’m s-sorry Skye.” Keldava stuttered from her retreated position. Her body language screamed submission and fear – head stooped, posture hunched, ears flat against her head and tail curled up so tight it almost stuck through her legs – as though she expected Skye to attack her for being so unhelpful.

<style type="text/css">
.kelstreamip b {font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip {width:100%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#0c0c03; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yl4cV.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:400px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e8e48; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-top-left-radius:150px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Skye did not like seeing Keldava like this, shuddering and shivering in clear threat-induced fear, as if the heavens themselves would come down and crush her if she were to speak the name of the mongrel who scarred her. She let out a shaky protest that she did not know - but Skye knew differently, and knew that fear would poison the minds of even the most loyal and brave wolf. Keldava had been that wolf, once - but now, it seemed as if she had retreated into a shell of her former self.

Keldava shrunk even further, if possible, apologizing to Skye as if she were going to attack her for not saying who had done it. As Keldava retreated further into her home, Skye took a step forward, but non-threateningly; she attempted to put a soft hand on the canine's shoulder, letting her know that she was not angry for the fear that Keldava experienced, nor the fact that she did not say who had done it.

"Don't apologize, Keldava," she said softly, "but do not lie, either - if you do know who did this, tell me. I promise you that no harm will come to you for it." A promise from Skye was not something lightly given - if she promised that no further harm would come to Keldava, then she meant it. She would not allow the one who had hurt her pack once to ever do it again.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: OOC

Moving forwards to put her hand on Keldava’s shoulder had Skye entering the house, Keldava moving backwards and matching her step for step, eyes wide in fear, until her shoulder caught on a wall and she stopped. Keldava shuddered violently when Skye’s hand touched her; terrified at being touched by someone who wasn’t Mahnaya or Gina but too scared to refuse the woman she just stood there, shaking and staring at Skye nervously. Skye had seen through her lie but she didn’t seem angry, in fact her voice was soft and comforting, promising that Keldava would be protected.

Keldava was quiet for a moment, her eyes flickering between Skye’s face and the hand on her shoulder, still not quite sure whether to take the offending limb as a source of distress or comfort. Her voice was quiet and scared when she finally spoke, ”She… she said if I told anyone she’d find me, hurt me, kill me. I’m scared.” Admitting this was a major blow to Keldava’s already wounded pride but she was too scared to lie again, especially with Skye seeing through it. Keldava tried to gather her courage up and tell Skye who had attacked her but at the last moment she failed, the words dying on her tongue and just coming out as a croak.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Skye shook her head, keeping her hand on the girl's shoulder. "How could she know?" she asked, her head tilted in concern. "We are all your friends - your family. We would never betray you by telling her anything. She cannot know - and even if she did, we will protect you." The force with which she said it was powerful - she said it with conviction, with determination. She would protect her Keldava. There was no 'if', no 'but' - she would protect her pack.

There was no way that this person would be able to find out that Keldava told Skye - and even if there was, even if for some reason the family betrayed the black and tan girl, Skye would not have let it stand, not for an instant.

"She needs to be kept away from this pack," Skye said, more softly this time. "You can help keep the pack safe - and we will help keep you safe as well."

<style>
</style>[/html]