[p] the straight and narrow
[html]
lol, unrelated thread title is so unrelated. dated for 27th! and crappy starting post... unu''

Alyssum huffed as she dropped what she carried, lacking any grace, onto the ground and kneeled on the edge of the river. She had been hunting all that morning, and despite the sun's position in the sky, being directly overhead, the woman's bag was already heavy with the birds and rodents she had caught. The coast was so bountiful with prey that they practically jumped to the arrows she shot, and she could already go home when she collected all that was needed. But, she could barely enjoy her catches with the heat bearing down on her. No clouds where there that day to shield the hot disc, and the hybrid was easily tested by the lack of shade that the open plains of the shoreline provided.

But, with a sigh of relief she made her way to the forests of Ethereal Eclipse, and stopped at the nearest river to refresh herself. Her bow and quiver laid faithfully by her side, but everything else was casted aside as she washed her face with the cool water. But, despite taking in the comfort of the water, she remained alert, and would be ready to jerk her hand to her bow if something needed to be shot, whether it be prey or another predator.

After cleaning herself up, she leaned against a nearby tree with her objects and rested, absent-mindedly shooting arrows at a tree that was across from the thin river. She attempted to make a straight line going down, and relaxed enough to focus, was able to perform so.

[/html]
[html]
Let me know if you’d like anything changed! Big Grin + 405

Betcha can’t catch me slowpoke! Ro cried as he sped away from Heiro and into the thick fern underbrush which dominated much of the forest floor in the Ethereal Eclipse. The two had just recently crossed into the neutral territory after chasing a bunny much too fast for Hei’s little stout legs. All the black and white puppy wanted to do was lay down and rest, but Ro was full of energy today it seemed. Hei had forgiven him for abandoning him on the rocky hillocks the other day, but it was much easier doing so as Thorn had found him. The youth would never forget the kind stranger who had talked him through his first shift and provided sage knowledge for the entire ordeal. Mister Russo would be a friend forever.

Sapphire eyes narrowed while the tuft of shadow black disappeared into the darkness of the woods. Usually Heiro would feel inadequate and scared without his buddy by his side, but lately he was growing a bit of confidence all on his own, especially since Ro’s antics usually left him high and dry and having to fend for himself. He breathed out a huffy sigh as the eerie silence of the woods greeted him. He focused his senses as he had been told by his parents to do and sure enough he knew he could hear the lazy babble of a brook nearby. This would be the best time as ever to get a drink as Ro always had an uncanny way of finding him.

The little prince ambled along keeping his sharp eyes on the surroundings as he grew accustomed to the shade-like atmosphere in the Eclipse. His parents didn’t like when he wandered off, but lately Ro had just been too convincing otherwise. Besides, it made him feel more like an adult when he went off on his own and he desperately wished to grow up big and strong like his father. His little black backed ears could hear rustling ahead and he called out with amusement, Ro, quit’cha playin’ I found you! He jumped out of the brush just as an arrow zoomed above his head and thudded into the tree behind him. Woah! He screamed, before defensively rolling up into a little black and white ball on the riverbank. Rolypoly bugs did so, why couldn’t he?

<style type="text/css">
.HEIroCat b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6e5cb; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #224041; }
.HEIroCat p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.HEIroCat {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#99c2bb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QvZpn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #406768; padding: 315px 20px 10px 20px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#406768; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.HEIroCat p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.HEIroCat p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(331) Emotional Rant Activated. Proceed to babble.

For a moment, the woman thought she heard the shuffling of something close by, and paused for a moment, an arrow still positioned to be shot. The sound ebbed away, and she released the arrow into the trunk of the tree. Must have been game, she mused in her mind as she reached over and took another arrow from her quiver and smoothly placed it onto the string and aimed for a moment, eyes on the spot under the arrow such had just fired.

Only a mere second before the arrow flew out of her hand, a voice suddenly sounded from the nearby bush. A very canine-like voice. She managed to lift the angle of her bow as a shape rolled out from the bushes, and had only barely managed to miss it. The order of the arrows on the tree was now crooked, but she did not even notice it as she rushed over through the thin slice of river and to the fuzzy shape. It was patterned light and dark, and what she could tell, it seemed to be a very young member of the Court.

"Are you okay? Did the arrow graze you anywhere? My gods, what are you doing out here, jumping out of bushes like that?" Her fussing questions spilled out of her mouth like the water of the brook. While she wanted to prod him and make sure that he was not hurt, she held herself back in case the boy would get terrified. After all, she was the one who had fired the arrow that almost hit him. A moment later, she began to wonder why he was doing out there alone, and soon addressed it sternly. "Where are your parents? Why are you out here?"

While she tried to appear serious for the sake of the situation, she was soon back to a worrying mess. "Oh gods, never to that to me again. I don't think my heart can handle it. What if...!"

[/html]
[html]
Super cute avatar! :: 5+

Cowering like a baby I see...you’re so pathetic, the cutting words snarled out of the bushes at the defensively curled up pup. I thought you wanted to be a man? But here you are, tail tucked between your legs, and your nose in the mud. Why do I even bother hanging out with a loser like you? Ro’s words were like whips cutting into Hei’s skin. He could feel pure fury and indignation pulsing through his veins. Who was Ro to be throwing insults at him?! He who took all the blame for his countless pranks and mischief gone awry. The black and white Prince was getting fed up with Ro’s company, especially when he was made out to be the butt of every one of Ro’s jokes. Heiro grimaced in anger and embarrassment and was getting ready to defend himself against another barrage of Ro’s attacks when the sound of splashing water filled his ears, quickly followed by a feminine voice. Ro was all but forgotten as he cautiously picked his head up from between his paws and looked up at the strange woman with sapphire blue eyes.

She bombarded him with questions, but her eyes and face read of one thing, extreme concern. S’okay Missus, he assured her as he shakily rose to his two feet and brushed his fur off. Standing at almost 4 feet tall, it was clear the adolescent was still very young to be in his optime form. He had shifted well before his time and now refused to change back until he got a good grip on this new territory. He smiled candidly up at the woman, his biting anger fading away as the presence of a new person filled him with curiosity. Asked about his parents, he guiltily replied, Well...my Ma and Da don’ know bout me bein’ here, but I was just ‘splorin wid... Don’t you dare mention me! You know the rules Hei. A hateful hiss sounded off in his head. Wid...myself. Chased a bunny from da Court...das all, he explained in his most convincing and innocent voice he could muster. You’re not as helpless as I thought, Ro cooed, but Heiro ignored him and kept his eyes glued on the newcomer.

Missus! He quickly thought back to the lessons Niro had given him. No use tinking about da what ifs, he held out his hands now and slowly turned in a full circle. See, no ouchies on me. Sorry for ‘prising you like dat, his head bowed solemnly before he turned his attention to the arrows in the tree. Missus is a good shot huh? Heiro asked conversationally, hoping she wouldn’t fuss over him any further. Ay’m Heiro! What’s your name? It was clear the initial shock and fear was completely gone as he became completely absorbed in wanting to make a new friend.

<style type="text/css">
.HEIroCat b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6e5cb; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #224041; }
.HEIroCat p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.HEIroCat {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#99c2bb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QvZpn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #406768; padding: 315px 20px 10px 20px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#406768; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.HEIroCat p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.HEIroCat p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]