vitamin D
[html]

Early afternoon by Deer Lake, she’s in her optime form.

Word Count → 6+

The Omega was pregnant, and there was no denying it now. The woman was experiencing frequent morning sickness, a horrendous appetite for quail eggs of all things, and fighting off an incessant need to find an abandoned rabbit warren or badger’s den. She’d lose herself for a few minutes during the day, snooping in the hillocks for the perfect nook and then the fae would start clawing blindly at the earth, completely ignoring the dirt and rubble falling into her hair and fur. When reality finally snapped back into her head, she’d find herself elbows deep in a makeshift burrow, pleasantly surprised and yet horrified at her work. The instinct for denning was almost uncontrollable and soon enough, her pack mates would notice the various unfinished dig sites dotting the countryside that were perfumed with her scent.

Drin was aware she couldn’t keep this secret up for long, but as much as she wanted to tell her mate, something was holding her back...New Dawn’s decision to end someone’s life. News as exciting and jubilant as her’s paled in comparison to the overall mood in the pack at the moment, and she was afraid her joy would be squelched by the darkness overwhelming her home. How could anyone be elated at a time like this? It was foolish, but the woman was embarrassed to be so ecstatic when her brothers and sisters were hurting. As a true selfless soul, the woman was sacrificing her own happiness for her family, not realizing that cheering up was truly what everyone needed at the moment and her news would be celebrated not resented.

Cicadas became her background music as the woman waded into the coolness of the lake. The sun’s heat was already permeating the lush surroundings with the heavy dampness of humidity. Drin was rubbing soaproot into her soiled fur from an early morning dig in an attempt to erase the grit and grime of her labors and return her golden fur to its original shining glory. Of course, Jiva would simply think she had gotten a little over zealous in her gardening this morning, but that wouldn’t have explained the halos of dirt ringing her face. She prayed to Luna he didn’t follow her out there this morning or he would’ve seen her stopping in Glen Eyrie, rump high in the air, as she mimicked a mole in the mud. Her little Eden would have to wait until later, for now that she was clean and bathed, the angel just wanted to swim and enjoy the sun.

Palaydrian swam around, dipping under now and then as her long lilac streaked hair snaked behind her. She loved the feel of the water filtering through her guard hairs and caressing her pale skin underneath. Her mind drifted over the past few months, so much change and heartache, but the bad couldn’t snuff out all the things she held dear to her heart. Drin had been accepted into a family of exceptional wolves, the woman had gained a confidence she had never had before when it came to fighting and self defense, the young Soul had found true love in her mate, and now she would bear his children. A radiant smile spread across her dark lips as she rose out of the water and sauntered up the sandy beach, a gloved hand running over the small baby bump rising on her cream hued belly. No denying it, in a few months time, Palaydrian would be called “mother”.

She sat down on the lake’s shore and propped herself up on elbows, allowing her damp body to soak up rays of sunshine and striving to maintain a positive attitude as the pack’s Omega should.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.drinwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Double posty as yours got deleted Sad good thing I saw it before the board pooped!

Word Count → 6+

The sun felt amazing against her body, her golden fur glinting in the sunlight and already drying to a comfortable dampness. The heat would finish the job soon enough, but Palaydrian was more focused on the warming sensations in her limbs. It had been too long since she had last basked in the sun’s rays and she was beginning to question herself why when her seal point ears swiveled to the side. Her curiosity was piqued as her head turned to the sound of the source. Her bi colored gaze didn’t capture anyone on the beach, must be a squirrel in the woods, she thought to herself as she turned her head back to the lake and continued to sun bathe. Her eyes closed to fully enjoy the relaxation as her head dipped back, but another sound rang out and caused her eyes to flash open. What the heck, she said under her breath, her head turned towards the woods once more. That definitely had not sounded like a squirrel or any woodland creature for that matter. Mingled sounds of snarls and growls amidst the droning cicadas caused her to quickly scramble to her feet. Some type of prey was not out of the question.

Her hackles rose in response to the threatening sounds, but they were hidden by the curtain of lilac streaked hair that fell around her. She didn’t have time to gather it and braid it as she knew she needed to investigate wherever and whomever the noise was coming from. A sudden stab of panic entered her heart as gloved hands went down to her stomach and the little baby bump there. Could she really face an attacker right now, if this was a trespasser, or even worse...Amy or Aram? She shook her head with a low growl and dropped her hands. She couldn’t be foolish right now. The ocean eyed lady knew how to fight and had been given the skills and more when it came to defending herself and her unborn children. She’d be careful and cautious, if it turned out to be someone the pack was on high alert for, she could always run for help. Drin would adopt her hunting and tracking ways, the skills which had heightened her stealth overtime..

She had never snuck up on anything in her optime form, but her movements mirrored those she adopted in her lupine. Silence wasn’t something she needed to completely rely on here as the cicadas provided a noisy enough background and whomever was making sound, it was clear they weren’t expecting anyone to be nearby. She swiftly moved along the beach and entered the woods where the noise was coming from. It sounded like someone was tearing up trees or something which had immediately made her think of beavers, but as far as she knew, they did not snarl, growl, or bark. Under the treetops, Drin closed and opened her eyes until they adjusted to the dappled light as she had been exposed to the brightness of the beach seconds ago. Once satisfied with her cleared vision, she continued to slink cautiously towards the sound, ready to turn and bolt if need be, but her eyes soon picked out a dark from against the underbrush. Zalen? She thought, but then his scent hit her.

Her eyes widened with surprise. She had heard that he had returned, but this was the first time she was seeing him since a complete stranger had told her about him. Shadowfang? She called out, not wanting to interrupt whatever it was he was doing, and it looked like he was wreaking havoc on a circle of trees. Drin stood a few feet from the perimeter of his circle of destruction, not sure how stable the man was and a bit hesitant of her brother as she had never met him before.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 6+

Shadow had just moved to the last Target that he could remember and with this strike he fainted right then moved left and with a strong swing he clawed into the target he had made and ripped the bark right off the tree he had hit. It flew to the side away from the voice he had just randomly heard. Shadow slowly opened his eyes and when he saw one of his sisters standing there he looked around to all the targets he had made. He was looking to get rip of stress and the pain of all the thoughts in his head and he had done just that. They still plagued his mind but they weren't hurting so much. The training had helped and he was also a little mad at the fact that he didn't know something or someone was coming but then again he wasn't really in any danger. He was in his packs lands so he dismissed this surprise and slowly he took a bow and he closed his eyes as he looked to her "You know my name but I am sorry to say that I do not know yours...It is a pleasure to meet you...and sorry if I have disturbed or scared you in any way for that was not my intention, I was just training...trying to...clear my head."

Shadow bowed again and then he looked to the targets, he studied each one and made mental notes on everything he saw. He judged which attacks would be a killing blow and which would wound and he judged the time it took to hit each one and how many times he could have been hit by someone who knew what he was doing. to someone not knowing anything about what he was doing and seeing that he had hit each one, they would think it impressive for doing so with ones eyes closed but Shadow was brought up to expect and give perfection. He had to be faster and each hit should be a killing blow and the time to take out all the targets should be cut in half. There was so much to improve but really he was already great in skill but his fathers words were in the back of his mind making him think less of himself and of course with Insomnia gone and his pups dead and Amy soon to die, it was not easy to not pulls ones self down. He had promised Fayne that he would not kill himself and so because of his honor, he couldn't even if he still had thoughts about it.

Shadow stopped studying the marks and he looked back to his sister of the pack and he nodded lightly and shook his head."Forgive me for seeming like I am ignoring you, I just had to look over the results of my training. I don't mean any disrespect." As shadow looked to her and stood tall she would notice the scar on his chest and cuts and scars on his arms and side and if she would see his back then those as well. He has had a tough life and the Physical pain was easy but now the mental pain was the thing testing him. He was so taken with trying to forget about his pain that he forgot manners and how to react around others. He really was broken and it would take a lot of time to fix what has happened to him. He was lucky to have others around him that cared about him and to have the backing of his pack. he really was lucky but his mind couldn't think about any good while there was still so much bad that was yet to pass.

mall fonts; text-align:right;">BACKGROUND BY INTHENAME-STOCKS [DA], WOLF BY DAWNTHIEVES, TABLE BY YAHTZEE
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 6+

The Omega watched in silent awe as the scarred man moved swiftly about the circle as though he were participating in a dance. He was deadly and fast, each move of his hands and step of his feet obviously memorized and practiced. The woman had seen this type of furious drive before in someone she loved, Syliat. Her great grandmother was a relentless and deadly fighter and Palaydrian was beginning to see that Shadowfang too possessed an unshakable discipline for training. The man’s past was a mystery to her, but it wasn’t a secret that Insomnia had left. To where the woman wandered, she had no clue, but she could almost feel the heartache wafting off of him, his emotions high practically tangible to one so empathetic as she. Palaydrian could only imagine the devastation Shadow felt at losing his lover. She knew she wouldn’t be able to continue on in Jiva left her, at least for awhile she would feel completely helpless and betrayed. It was clear this man was hurting and though she had been initially frightened by the tenacity he displayed on the tree trunks, but understanding enveloped her like a gauzy veil.

Her eyes softened on the man as recognition of another voice reached him through the haze. His attention turned to her and she accepted his salutations with a dip of her seal point head. The siamese woman looked up and met his bi colored gaze briefly before responding as he walked about the circle to examine his work. No apology necessary, my name is Palaydrian Soul. She introduced herself, mildly watching him walk about. I was sunning on the beach nearby, figured I’d come see what all the racket was about, the Omega laughed lightly in attempt to lift the mood. And now I see and know why. A lot has been on everyone’s minds and hearts the past few days...I know you don’t know me that well, but if you’d like to talk to someone...to get things off your chest, I’m a pretty good listener, she offered him with a small smile. There was no pressure here, she knew her pack brothers and sisters eventually came to her with burdened hearts in their own time. Palaydrian seemed to have a welcoming air about her that invited in the weary and restless.

No disrespect here, the selfless woman replied, now able to get a better look at her brother as he stopped moving. He carried scars of a warrior while she carried the carvings of a victim, a blood flecked eye, and the brand of her family, but she was no longer embarrassed by the “A” marking that had been cut into her thigh or the silver crescent moon between her breasts. Both of them had very different stories, but she wouldn’t pry, only listen in this case. The two were survivors in their own right, pushing onward in dark times with the help of friends. You’ve returned to a time of trouble, I’ve grown tired of it already, she admitted. It was true, the heavy mood within the pack was unsettling and she wanted it to end. This wasn’t the world she wanted to bear her children into, a place where everyone feared for the next day and longed for blood. Fear and hatred would only drive her brothers and sisters mad, tainting the future of the pack and ultimately turning them into something they weren’t. This wasn’t the New Dawn she had joined in the beginning, no...this was something darker. Join me in the sun? She asked, before turning to walk back the way she came. If they were to talk of heavy things, the beach and the light would help ease the pain.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count:--->7+

Shadow listened to his sister speak. It would seem that there were many in the pack that wanted to help him and it brought a smile to his face but there words could only soften the blow that had already been dealt. His ears twitched lightly as his sister talked about how she didn't like what was happening to the pack and Shadow nodded for that made two of them. Shadow hated what was happening and he wished that he could stop it but there was nothing he could do. He wouldn't fight against Zalen or anyone for that matter, he cared to strongly about them. He would be unable to state his mind and his heart. "You are right, I do not know you but I thank you all the same from taking the time to talk to me. And yes I agree with you about what is happening, this hunting and blood shed will change the pack and even if peace comes back it will only mean more anger and hate towards those who live a life different from ours."
Shadow nodded lightly to Palaydrian and thought for a second about her offer to hear him out."It seems me and you are the same in that respect...I use to get all the questions and pains and I would do everything in my power to help everyone and anyone who needed it and all without worrying about me or my. I say this with the most respect, but I don't think talking about my pains well make them go away."

Shadow nodded lightly as he heard her offer and he smiled just a little as a tear came from him and he was surprised by it and he wiped it off and flicked it aside as he growled"Huh....I didn't think I still had tears left to cry...I will come with you but i don't really look the type to soak up the sun if you know what I mean." Shadow chuckled lightly as he nodded and he went to follow her back to where she had been when taking in the rays of the sun above. As they walked back he thought about what he had seen on the woman and to see the different scars and marks on her, she like him must have been put through hell. He couldn't deny going with her, His nature was to help others and so was hers so they were suppose to meet. He walked slowly behind her and he dusted off the little bit of dust on him and he stretched as he walked and popped what ones needed it and he took in a deep breath. It seemed like Shadow would once again have to delve into the pain and torture that was his inner demons.

It was only a matter of time before they walked out of the trees and into the light and Shadow covered his eyes a little as the glare hit him. He was a dark creature and preferred the shadows and the darkness. He saw a spot where he assumed she was laying and he relaxed next to her when she found her spot once more. He said nothing for a while as he looked to the water and then he spoke slowly and with as much strength he could muster."The one everyone is looking to hunt and kill is someone who was a friend of mine and I knew her at a time when she wasn't so evil...Add that with the fact that the very woman who marked me in a promise that she would forever love me and never leave, did in fact leave and she left after our litter of pups all died. I am a warrior, an assassin and I have been broken all because I held onto my heart and didn't let it become cold and dark...it has been broken and cut and stabbed and I am wounded and broken....I know that death would be an easy fix for my pain But I have made a promise and to tell you the truth...I'm to stubborn a fool to do it..."

mall fonts; text-align:right;">BACKGROUND BY INTHENAME-STOCKS [DA], WOLF BY DAWNTHIEVES, TABLE BY YAHTZEE
[/html]