New Limbs, New Life
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Hotaru stood inside her bedroom, her staff laying unused against the wall while the scent of birth still permitted the air. The exhausted mother stood leaning against a wooded crib, one hand dangling into the structure to gently caress her small charges. Two tiny puppies lay asleep and warm inside their odd bed, and although Hotaru couldn't see them, she knew they were beautiful. Aiden and Aysun were Hotaru's own private miracle. She had never imagined that she could be a mother, and the reality was both wondrous and terrifying.

Fawkes and Kelia had gone off hunting earlier in the day, leaving Hotaru alone with her thoughts. She was expecting a visit from a stranger any day now, although almost wished he would never show. The Maven had made a promise to Skye that she would build another wolf a prosthetic arm. Hotaru had completed extensive project just a week before she gave birth. Making the prosthetics had been harder than she imagined. Not only would they have to take the weight of her client, but they would have to also stay on him and be practical.

The first task Hotaru had accomplished was a rather easy one compared to the weight and practicality problems. A simple harnessed had been fashioned for the wooden limbs, leather straps that wrapped around his chest and back. The leather had been secured to the wood with a strong adhesive that Hotaru had made herself. It was a common adhesive that she used to put furniture together, although not as easy to make as one might have thought. The straps themselves could be adjusted using an old buckle that Hotaru had acquired. Hopefully, they would fit her client who was rumored to large.

Once the problem of attachment had been solved, Hotaru had gone through several designs for both sets of prosthetics. She had created an arm for the optima form and a leg that would hopefully sustain both the lupus and secui forms. The leg was thick close to the top and thinned out a little at it's base. Wrapped around the base was another piece of hard leather to help the leg grip the ground. Hotaru had experimented with several types of wood but found a suitably hard wood after several rounds of trial and error. The optima arm was built to look more decorative that functional. It had a simple hinge around the elbow that would allow the forearm to be moved and Hotaru had designed the arm to look more like a real arm than the leg she had made.

The biggest thing Hotaru worried about was that her designs would fail. However, those worries had been pushed aside when Aiden and Aysun were born.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:449

The male felt like maybe he was moving too fast with the dapple grey lady, he loved her more than he had ever loved anyone else. The male just did not want to scare her away like he had every other lover that he had dared to open his heart up to. The male had been informed by the black coated leader that he was to find a female by the name of Hotaru, and informer the lady of his name, and the pack that he reigned from. The silver male knew that he was now acting as a representative for the pack. Any and all of Noah’s moves were reflecting upon the pack. The male was scared…not only about what was lying within the pack lands, waiting for him. However, the male did not want to bring shame to his pack brethren and sisters. Then there was the honor and pride of the Rhiannon name resting upon his shoulders, and lastly there was his own pride of the only male Sawtooth (that he knew of). The male pulled back on his mare that he had been allowing to run free outside of the pack lands, the male set upon the mare’s back. The draft horse pulled a cart; it was full of gifts that the male wanted to give to the Arten pack, as a way of saying thank you for the gifts and the chance to learn about the pack lands, customs and all of the wonderful things that came along with staying in a foreign lands.

The male lifted his muzzle to the sky, he was not sure the roles of these lands, but in New Dawn wolves were required to show the respect of the borders. The male would treat these borders no differently. The mare hoofed at the ground, while she flicked her head up, down, in and out. She wanted to run. With the male upon her back or not, he knew that Marie was still a wild animal and he had just earned her trust not tamed her. The male slipped off her back as he placed a hand upon her long and powerful back. Then he slipped the harness off her head, and then took the cart off the leather straps, one at a time. ”Go Marie, I will call for you if I need you. Thank you for coming to my call.” The male never expected her to come to his call, it was an honor any and every time she came. The male stood wait and seeing who would come to his call, he was not sure who this Hotaru she would was, or what she would look like.

<style type="text/css">
.noahuniverse2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#b6b6ab}
.noahuniverse2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#075682}
.noahuniverse2 b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#cc7d26; letter-spacing:1px; }
.noahuniverse2 {margin:0 auto; width:421px; background-color:#0a0a04; background-image:url(http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6123/noahtop2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
By Noelle[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Aysun. Levent said the name meant "as beautiful as the moon." According to him, her little girl had been born pure white, with skin far to fair to be normal. Neither Hotaru nor Levent had any white family members, making the little girl an albino. The young mother was a little worried, however she was her daughter. Surely, Aysun would be strong. Aiden, her "little fire" would surely grow up to be a bright blaze. Hotaru stood next to their crib, dreaming of the future she would have with the two pups.

The blind female's daydreams were interrupted by a call from a stranger. His voice rang out, calling her name and summoning her to the boarder. Hotaru had an idea of who it might be, and was more than reluctant to respond. A soft whine caught Hotaru's attention as Aysun stirred in her sleep. Torn between duty to her pack and duty to her pups, Hotaru froze for a few seconds. Shutting her eyes tight, she grabbed her walking stick and rushed out of the house. If the new mother was quick, she could be back before she was ever missed.

As soon as she exited the house, Kelia was by her side. Fawkes, had guard duty that day and would stay behind with the pups while Hotaru and Levent saw to their respective duties. As the blind female made her way quickly to the boarders, she called out to the stranger, announcing her approach through howling.

Despite being blind, Hotaru knew her way around the pack land like it was the back of her hand. Well worn trails made by the pack acted as guides and her mental map brought the female quickly to the boarders. As she approached, she assumed the dominant stance of a high ranking wolf. Hotaru was the third highest ranking wolf in d'Arte and demanded all of the respect her position deserved. Her tail and ears were high, and her posture confident. No weakness showed in her stance as she moved gracefully through the familiar forest and stopped at the boarder. "I am Hotaru, the Maven of Cercatori d'Arte, who's boarders you now stand on. Please state your business, stranger."

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:300+

The male was proud, however he was not proud enough to bend a knee to a lady, or lower his head to a member of a pack that he was visiting. The male took a knee as he lowered his head, looking down to the lady out of respect, ”I am Noah Sawtooh, Subord of New Dawn. I came seeking you. Zalen sent me, I am looking to pick up a package for the Alpha male of New Dawn. I also brought gifts, for the pack. As you can see.” Noah spoke in a humble tone, unaware of the fact that the lady in front of him was blind. The male wanted to bring the love and peace that New Dawn had to other pack, to open their eyes about the lands, and maybe to allow the love to flow freely through the lands.

Noah brought himself to his height, his knees popped and cracked, he had aged badly, but he would not allow that to slow him down. He willed himself this far, he had been through more than enough for one lifetime and would not stop, now he was going to keep pushing to be the best mate for Fayne, The best Uncle for Lena, and Cody, the best Brother in Law for Sky, and the best pack member he could for New Dawn. He wanted to share tail of Lena and Cody with Taliesin, and invite the snowy brother back to New Dawn for a few nights (with Zalen’s approval, even though Noah knew the black leader would love to meet more of the Sawtooth’s blood lines) He wanted to catch up with Jace, and try to mend things up between her, and maybe even tell her that by coming to his punishment, by standing there and not saying or doing a thing hurt him badly. However, he did not want to start a fight with anyone over anything. He might just pass the gifts he brought for the aging Wolfe children thought one of them. And see if any other member for the Buddhist like pack took the change in the path of life and came here also.

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Hotaru drew herself up as she listened to the other move, not entirely sure what he was doing. Her nose twitched as she tasted the air and her ears remained forward as she listened carefully. The males words were polite and his name was familiar. Skye had explained to the Maven many of the details in this order, including how it was supposed to be a surprise for the receiver. Hotaru had wrapped the two limbs carefully in some skin and had stowed them away in her workshop. Although she would have liked to fit them, all that needed to be done was the pick up.

"You have come to the right place Noah Sawtooth. I have your package ready and waiting. If you would follow me, I will take you to my house where you may claim the items. As for the gifts, I can show you where to find Skye, our Alpha; or anyone else that you might request to visit." Hotaru turned, and began the trek back to Thornberry. Both ears faced Noah as she walked while her staff hung out in front of her in a lazy fashion. The trails were familiar to the blind female as she had walked them and worn them to the point where they were obvious and easy to follow. Kelia stayed on Hotaru's shoulder for once, an unusual occurrence with the juvenile gyrfalcon.

When they reached the village, Hotaru headed straight for her house. Fawkes flew to the front door to happily greet Hotaru and both birds made their way into the bedroom where the pups lie. Small whines could be heard as they echoed through the house and Hotaru had a very hard time ignoring them. She lead Noah into the main room where there were tables and chairs for him to rest on. "Please, come in and make yourself comfortable. I will be back soon with your package." One of the blind mother's ears was trained on her open bedroom door.

With hidden reluctance, Hotaru left the great room so that she could go into her worksop. As quickly as she could, she grabbed the wrapped prosthetics and returned to where Noah would hopefully still be.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

So, so sorry first for the crappy post, and secondly the wait. WC:300+

The male was so thankful that the female knew that he was coming to pick up his beloved leaders package. The male was just as thankful to have been greeted with soft words, and a polite she wolf. The male dipped his head down and then brought his head back up. The male was still indifferent about leaving the pack lands when there was so much work that could be done. ”Thank you fair Maiden. If there is a chance you could point me to Taliesin, I would like to visit with my family before I head out.” The male questioned her, it wasn’t that he thought she didn’t know of him, or if she was even able. He was questioning if they would allow him to see his brother before he headed back to the comforts of New Dawn, where his heart was, where his mate was.

Following the lady to her house the male could seem the different scents that made up the pack lands, and then being blasted with the scent of the pup. The male was never much of a being for pups, though somehow with his normally somewhat mellow temperament they were drawn to him…by some odd fluke. The male had never thought he posed a threat however, he knew that just because he had been invited into her house does not give him the right to seek out the child and adore it. She had left him in her great room of her house, and that is just where he stayed. Seeing her walk back in the male rose up from the spot of the door fame where he had been relaxing against. ”You are too kind, dear Lady. I am sure that Zalen will be thrilled to have his package.” The male voice rang chipper. Feeling so pleased to be able to help his leader in one way or another.

<style type="text/css">
.noahuniverse .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:15px; padding:4px; color:#ccccee}
.noahuniverse .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:15px; padding:4px; color:#808080}
.noahuniverse b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#80a1bb; letter-spacing:1px; }
.noahuniverse {margin:0 auto; width:446px; background-color:#1d1c1c; background-image:url(http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9269/noahtop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: shonar bangla; font-size:15px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
By Noelle
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Truthfully, Hotaru hated this whole secrecy thing. It was annoying and inconvenient for her. Hotaru had created two wonderful wooden limbs, but that mattered little if the limbs didn't fit properly or if the balance was off. If the leader's hadn't chosen to keep the present a secret, Hotaru could have checked the fitting and made adjustments so that the legs were perfect. She would have alsop preferred to travel to New Dawn since they wanted to be secretive about the present. But with two infant puppies, that was impossible.

The request for directions, though unusual, was an easy on to fulfill. "Taliesin's house is on the way to mine. I would be more than happy to point it out as we pass." Hotaru kept to her word as they walked through Thornbury, the blind female made sure to alert Noah. Although she was curious as to the relationship between Noah and her pack mate, Hotaru decided that it would be nosy to ask and simply let things be.

The new mother returned to the great room as soon as she could with Noah's package in hand. The sound of whines and movement from her bedroom took away Hotaru's attention as one ear flicked towards the open door. She desperately wanted to be with her puppies again and hoped to be finished with the business as soon as possible. Striding over to him, the Maven extended the package towards Noah so that he could claim it. "On, no. It was my honor and pleasure to help out the Alpha of your pack. I just hope that he finds the goods suitable to his desires. Please, do not be afraid to ask me for anything else you may need during your stay in d'Arte."

<style>

</style>
[/html]