Sanctuary
[html]

OOC: Tremendous thanks to Bria for salvaging almost the entire thread WC: 542

The day was overcast and mild, but Alister wasn’t much for rain. He lifted the hood of his dismally threadbare traveling cloak and his hazel eyes roamed the city for suitable shelter. He’d scavenged what he could from the human’s ruins in the days past. Finding that the city was vast, and there were so many places to explore. He felt at home in the abandoned structures, though the older ones were in various stages of decay, some entirely crumbled into rubble, but there were some structures that remained intact. His pack felt much heavier for it and he clutched between forefinger and thumb a golden coin. It was dull, with a human woman’s face etched into its front, along with a fowl on the back. He found it intriguing, as he did many human artifacts, so he’d kept it along with various other treasures. Idle fingers rubbed the coin between them as thunder echoed above.

Satchel in tow, longsword and dagger belted at his hip, the Callow man spotted an abandoned church overlooking what was once a quaint city street. The asphalt was in a bad state, grass and weeds riddled through the cracks, and every once in a while a flower would peek through with vibrant petals of pink or purple. He gazed at the beauty of them, life springing from death. One of life’s little ironies. The human kingdoms had once been so expansive to have claimed all the continents, leaving nothing unexplored, nothing unconquered. And they had vanished just as quickly, leaving all of…this.

His feet planted themselves on the threshold and he gazed up in awe of the tall spires piercing the sky above. The great doors hung from their hinges, and he pushed his way in just as the rain began to fall. The inside was a grim sight, merely a shadow of what it had been, but it was far better than outside. A flash of lightning illuminated the room, revealing cobwebbed alcoves and tall candle stands of what looked to be gold. The wolf/dog wondered what it must have been like in the times of the humans. Jiva and Fayne’s warnings had been on his mind lately, and though he enjoyed battle, he’d rather avoid it, so he’d heeded their advice and kept a low profile. He was happy, though that he’d been able to help them. He’d taught Jiva a bit about using a blade.

He was spared the task of hunting down wood for a fire, observing the many toppled planks and pews fallen into disrepair. It was surprising he hadn’t found anyone else holed up in the church walls. The building was large and in a decent enough state, was in desperate need of a cleaning, but there were four walls and a roof, that had to count for something. It was enough to keep a man dry anyway. He heaped the planks into a cracked section of the floor and sat himself before it and set it alight. With the flames crackling before him he gazed at the depictions upon the walls. He did not consider himself especially religious, but there was an air of divinity here and he dipped his head in reverence a moment, reflecting on his life.

<style>
.goodies b {color:#fff; font-weight:normal;}
.goodies p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.goodies {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#A29D69; line-height:15px; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ISvAY.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#7C3D3D; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style> [/html]
Bria rocks

Asreal had been scouting for a safe place to rest for hours he was trying to beat the on comming rains. Zeneca was getting far into her pregnancy and she was refusing to stop travileing and so he complied by just trying to keep them safe. Though she was more the puppedt on his string then she was his. After all he had been the one to finally tame her a bit something not even her brother could do.

He had forced her to stay in Optime form for this pregnancy and it was rather rough on her so she need to have safe places to res. He had found the falling apart church hours ago and had left to gather Zeneca and therir things. He would use this place for a few days to make a safe place for them to stay so that she could rest up a bit.

Zeneca always held this stern and evil look in her chocolate eyes and it didn't seem to affect him at all. Walking with him she growled as they neared the church. some one is here you fool she said looking at him. She didn't quite enjoy having others around. It will be ok Asreal assuered her as he moved into the Church first. Hello the males voice called out as he looked about.
[html]

OOC: WC:

He closed his eyes, head bowed, mind swept up in memory. He recalled Eirick and his mate arguing, the woman’s voice was heated as the young wolf dog listened from a cramped room in the upper portion of the home. Eirick came to Alister that eve, informing him that he could no longer stay within their walls, and that a hollow had been dug for him beneath the house, instead. He remembered the woman’s face as she stood in the doorway, glaring at him, as if it had been his fault that Aedan had disgraced her friend’s honor. His thoughts shifted and he lay beneath the house where rats darted about. The bastard greeted the little things like old friends and fed them from his hand, illuminated by the light of a single candle.

He remembered also the day when Eirick approached him once again, the news no more welcome this time. He was to leave them and join up with the warriors where he would undergo relentless training, and serve in defense of the clan. He lived among them then, and though the warriors treated him no better, he learned to find solace in the skill of arms. The boy quickly grew into a man, and pledged to himself that he would never again look on another with scorn, that he would treat others fairly and defend those in need of aid, as no one had ever done for him. Only time would tell where this path would lead him, and the man slowly opened his eyes.

The light of the flames began to dance upon the walls, stirring the shadows into life. They devoured the human paintings that hung askew on the walls, giving the room an eerie aura. The Callow man shuffled uneasily where he sat before taken unawares by the sudden sound of voices. He leapt to his feet, hand quick to grasp the hilt of his sword. He’d remembered Jiva, and Fayne’s warnings, wondering whether or not these were the ones of which they spoke. He took in their scents, and soon spotted the shadowey figures in the door frame. Male and female, the man calling out to him in greeting. His hazel eyes were wary, but he responded shortly after, “Hello, sir” He called. “I’d no idea there was anyone else here.”

<style>
.goodies p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.goodies {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#A29D69; line-height:15px; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ISvAY.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#7C3D3D; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style> [/html]
Asreal moved ahead of the pregnant woman as he studdied the other. You know this is an old human building of worship to the god. He said pointing to the broken cross the human jesus statute on the ground broken and aged. yes this was almost like the one back home minus that one was starting to return to its glory.

He looked to the man and smiled. I had scouted this place earlier looking for a place to allow my weary woman to rest her feet. He spoke moving so the other could see Zeneca. She gave a look at Asreal his woman hmm.. She was no more his as he was hers. But she had snared herself into his web of deciet and he was winning.

you see she's getting rather far into her pregnancy and I want to make sure she is getting ample rest. he spoke. Zeneca moved forward looking about the dirty aging building. As long as there were not many holes in the roof they wouldn't need an arc to come and save them. She huffed and found her self to sit down. Asreal stop talking like your some saint and actually make yourself useful and help the boy start a fire. She spoke her tone held a power and also held the tone of better then anyone else.
[html]

OOC: WC:

Alister’s gaze followed to the toppled statue, but returned quickly to the man’s face. His hand he kept on his sword hilt. “Huh, I would have never guessed.” He said sardonically. That much had been obvious, but the man’s words struck him as odd. The god he had said, as if he were a follower, himself. Alister knew the figure well enough from what he’d read in his books. This was the god of Joan of Arc. He revered him as an important part of his precious histories, but as far as worship, well, he wasn’t all that religious to begin with. Although he did harbor great respect for the divine being, he‘d considered no other. He was tempted to question the man about it, but now was not the time to ponder deities long dead.

He studied the man, just as the man studied him, hazel eyes turning to the woman as the other acknowledged her. She was indeed heavy with child, but the look she gave the other was curious. “This room is called a sanctuary, I think, you‘re both welcome to it.” He was about to suggest leaving when the woman finally spoke up. Her voice was commanding, catching the man off guard. It was not the tone of a lover, and he wondered if the woman was truly his mate as his words seemed to suggest. He moved aside so Asreal, as she called him, could reach the pit behind him.

“My lady,” he said, addressing her with a bow. “I have some blankets in my pack, you‘re more than welcome to them.” He removed his hand from his blade in order to untie the bundle atop his satchel. The blankets were patched and modest, but would serve her needs. He approached her carefully, constantly aware of her male companion, and set the blankets before her. He arranged them to the best of his ability, offering a hand to aid her should she need it. “Are the two of you heading somewhere?” He asked lightly, finding it odd that a woman so heavy with child would be fit to travel at all, unless they were meeting family. He could think of no other reason.

<style>
</style> [/html]
Zeneca looked at the young man chocolate eyes watched him and she gave a bit of a smile. She looked at Asreal He was getting the fire really going by now his damp fur warming by the slowly building fire. He sighed as he looked back at the two it bothered him that the other was so close to Zeneca.

Zeneca smiled and nodded. Thank you so much I think asreal could learn a thing or two from you. she spoke her tone fluid and calm. Much nicer then it had been with Asreal. She was a rather interesting player in the game known as life. She glanced up at Asreal and smiled.

No we are heading no where actually She said as she looked at him. Trying to find some family I lost and find a place I think is safe enough to have these little ones. She laid a white hand on her stomach and purred to herself too. She was so very happy.
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the wait, finally recovering from my cold, and finally regained some muse. WC:

Alister's hazel eyes followed the woman's gaze as she looked to her companion. He got a strange vibe from the two, he just couldn't place. His brown ears twitched at the sound of his sigh and he backed a step. He didn't want to give the man the wrong impression. He'd only meant to be courteous. The woman would put the blankets to far better use than he, and he was determined that he make her as comfortable as he possibly could. When she spoke, however, he couldn't quite contain the mischievous grin that worked its way across his brown muzzle at her comment. "Have you considered beating him? That's always worked for me." He was sure the male wouldn't appreciate it, but he simply couldn't help himself. It wasn't a lie either. The hybrid seemed to have a knack for trouble, he remembered all too clearly those days spent in the armory polishing the other warrior's weapons.

"Well, I hope you find them." He didn't know the area or its people well enough to be of more help. His eyes dropped to her swollen belly. "Allow me to congratulate you, my lady. When are you expecting?" From how it looked it seemed her time would come soon. A pang of anxiety swept over him. He hoped it wasn't too soon. And he didn't like the way Asreal was looking at him, either. He retreated from her entirely, sweeping his cloak from his shoulders he laid it on a one of the few remaining pews where he sat a little ways away from the pair.

<style>
</style> [/html]
I'm sorry its crap and short and late and I'm sorry T-T

Zeneca laughed as she looked at Asreal. She would beat him but he was just so handsome and beautiful that she didn't want to hurt his looks. She then turned back to the male as she couldn't help but lay her hand on her stomach. She loved them even though they didn't belong to either of her brothers she knew that her two brothers would be angry but she was ok with that.

"Any day really I think I just can't not move I guess." she spoke as she looked at him. "So what are you doing here?" she asked trying to be friendly as she felt Asreal move next to her. He was a strong man with good breeding so to carry his children was ok.
[html]

OOC: No problem WC:

His tail wagged when he got a laugh out of the pregnant woman, watching with a boyish grin as he glanced over at Asreal. He couldn't imagine that the male would be too pleased, but he was only having a bit of fun, and in truth, he'd suffered quite a few beatings as a child. And a naughty child he had been, always coming up with new ways to entertain himself in the confines of the ruins that had served as the warrior's training ground. They were so serious about their duty, all knights and soldiers sworn into service against the threat of the neighboring pack. Sometimes it was a little too serious, and the Callow knight often pondered ways to lift the monotonous silence. The sanctuary itself was rather quiet, and he glanced at the fire crackling.

A pang of anxiety hit him when she mentioned that she was due any day. Life was a miraculous thing, but the man himself knew nothing about the softer arts of healing. He knew enough to bandage himself, but he seriously doubted that would help at all. "That's ...er, great." He replied nervously, eyes shifting down to her stomach which she patted so lovingly. "Fortunate that I was here, really..." Looking her over, "are you comfortable?...if there's anything the two of you need, I'd be happy to help."

When questioned about his presence in the northern territories he shrugged a bit. "There's a pack here that was having troubles-- a woman that's been attacking them repeatedly. I uh...thought I'd stay for a while, see if I can find her, and help them bring her to justice." It seemed a little self-righteous he guessed from a by-stander's point of view, but he couldn't just move along and not help. They were suffering, both canines he had met had been on edge. And for good reason, the woman had attacked them repeatedly, even kidnapping one of their pups. Thinking of it caused his brows to furrow as he glanced from man to woman.

"My lady, I'd be very careful if I were you." Looking to Asreal who'd moved to the woman's side. "If you have any weapons, I'd keep them close." His hand fell to his sheathed bastard sword.

<style>
</style> [/html]