i'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Tony moved slowly on purpose, careful not to jolt his arm. Not that he would have been able to feel anything anyway. Luckily his home wasn't too far from the fort and despite the enormous temptation to collapse into the dirt and sleep right there in the dirt, he managed to get home in one piece. His good arm pried itself from it's task shielding the other one and pulled the strand of ribbon, golden ochre in colouration, away from his hair. The curly brown locks pulled away eagerly from the ribbon and cascaded down his shoulders. Tony shook his head with a sigh as he opened the door with a struggle. He moved with a stagger towards the bedroom he shared with his mate.

'Neela' he called out as he moved through the doorway, with a deep groan. He moved towards the mattress on the floor with a huff. He lowered himself down slowly with one arm next to his mate, commenting simply, 'Had an accident...' There was none of his usual sparkle in his speech or body language. Just a dull void. He looked towards hi mate, and tried to imagine everything was fine.
[html]

Hurrp>

Word Count → 323

Despite the long hours she had spent gazing into it the ceiling held no answers to Neela's questions. Sleep wasn't coming quickly to the restless collie tonight and no amount of breathing exercises or mental tricks to bring on sleep could replace the feeling of a warm body at the side of her. It was strange how much Neela had adjusted to Tony's presence when she was sleeping; she could sleep by herself if she absolutely needed to but in Optime, on her mattress, felt weird without his weight behind her.

Tony should have been back by now. Neela's mate had left earlier to go rid his horse but night had long since fallen and if nothing else his horse, lacking the night vision of canines, would be unable to see in the dark enough to ride this late. Nevermind plans and routines by pure availability of light alone Tony should have been back nearly two hours ago. Yet still he wasn't here and Neela grew more and more worried as the minutes passed.

Finally the front door opened and Neela's head shot up from the pillow, angry words about worrying her and what she would do to him if he did it again bubbling up her throat, then dying before they ever reached her tongue as the smell of blood hit her nostrils. Neela was out of bed as quickly as her pregnant form would manage, rushing over to Tony.

He didn't look good. One arm was clutched protectively to his chest and there was a general quietness around him, sapping his usual cockiness and energy. "Shit. Tony, what happened?" Neela asked, quickly running over to him and fussing around him, franticly licking his face and arm as she checked around him for injuries. Finding nothing immediately obvious she linked an arm under the one he wasn't shielding and helped him over to the bed, gently laying him down on it.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]
'Told y'. Fell off' he murmured, sinking into the mattress. His ears were low against his matted mane, blood twisted the curly locks together. That'd be a bitch to wash out in the morning. He would have done it now while the blood wasn't so crusted together, had it not been for the fact he just didn't have the energy to do that at the moment. Ochre eyes floated towards Neela sleepily, pulling her closer to his good side, his right side, with a working arm and spoke, 'Y'know. Hadley's got a kid too. Lil' girl. Kinda makes me a lil' excited...' his sleepy Scottish drawl came out. Yet he refused to keep his eyes shut, blinking away the sleep and fear so that he could talk to his mate and pretend everything was fine. 'How're y' faring? Y'know...' Tony asked, gesturing loosely as if his hand would catch on find, or his tongue. He was still unsure as to how to approach the subject.

He paused a moment however, deciding to answer Neela's question in full. She deserved an answer. 'Fell off th' horse. Mil slid down 'a bank an' ah wen' under. Scrathed m'self up bad, eh?' he gave a half hearted grin, 'Can' feel nuffin in it, either...' Tony looked her up and down, 'An' y' shouldn' be rushin' 'round an' stayin' up late, like this. En't good fer y'...'
[html]

OOC.

Word Count → 222

”Shit shit shit.” Neela muttered as she fussed around Tony, flitting about like a hummingbird until Tony’s working arm caught her around the waist and pulled her close, then she hugged him as tight as she dared, pulling his head into the crook of her neck. She just let out a low hum when he mentioned Hadley’s, not wanting to talk, but Tony seemed talkative, ”I’m good. Leg’s’r sore, bit dizzy sometimes an I’d happily murder someone for fresh fish on occasion, all minor though.”

Neela’s ears twitched unhappily when she heard exactly how Tony had injured himself. The collie had never been fond of horses and this just reinforced that in her mind, though that was driven away when he admitted how bad his arm actually was. ”You can’t feel anything? Nothing?” she asked rhetorically as though questioning it could change the fact.

Neela snorted when he tried to chide her for rushing about, ”I’m pregnant and I manage ta keep mahself healthty, yer young an strong an ya got yerself inta this state, ye got no place lecturing me.” she said, her voice an odd mixture of panic and amusement. She wanted to say something else, to reassure Tony somehow but words would come to neither her mind nor her mouth so she just closed her eyes and hugged him.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]