Walking these stone roads one more time
Itzal stopped in the middle of the road, standing up right on two legs. He had forgotten how normal it felt to walk like this. Since he had left Nova Scota the second time, he hadn't been in his Optime form until he had found his Uncle's pack. He was still adjusting back. He looked around at the stone buildings. Dozens of the lay in ruin and the ones that didn't were few and far between. He started walking again, feeling the stone road beneath his feet. It felt weird to be back here, like some distant memory he was reliving.

He didn't understand why he was drawn back to this place. He had left, twice now, and each time he had returned. Why couldn't he just leave these stone streets behind? Why couldn't he just keep wandering? Did he still want to settle down? At this rate he wasn't sure if that was even possible. But what was stopping him this time. His ties to his old life were gone. And even as Itzal had thought that his paw traced the scar the traveled from the top of his left shoulder across his neck. What was stopping him from trying, just one more time?

Itzal continued walking. This city had a few memories for him. Ones of Axelle, his friend who he had left behind, his knives and earrings had been collected from this city, and if he looked hard enough, he might find the makeshift grave of the rat Axelle had buried. But he didn't look. He just kept walking on those stone streets, hoping this time it would grant him more than just memories.
[html]<style> .je-1 {width: 530px; margin: 1em auto 0;} .je-1 .body {background: #271811; color: #887755; padding: 1.3em; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5em; margin-top: 3px;} .je-1 p {margin: 0; text-indent: 3em; text-align: justify;} .je-1 q {font: inherit; color: #C6AFA4; letter-spacing: normal;} </style>

After hitting the shoreline (shortly proceeding that unscrupulous walk past the field of sunflowers), Sonje decidedly cut eastward. A mistake, as it were, but being a traveler you were bound to head in the wrong direction sometimes — it would probably bother the wolfdog when she later realized how off course she had gotten, but for now she was content with further exploring the Luperci-filled area she'd unwittingly stumbled upon. Mostly on her journey she went weeks at a time without coming into contact with another soul, but these summer evenings were beginning to prove quite social, since she'd crossed the mountains.

Skirting the foreboding, skull-clad borders of Inferni, she followed a large road cutting southeast, riding her mare at a quicker pace than she normally would, meaning she reached the large city on the opposing coast in a little over a day. Leaving Jagga on the outskirts (as she didn't trust the horse's maneuverability along the cracked cement and wouldn't risk her breaking a leg), Sonje took to her own two feet and loped gracefully between the dilapidated, overgrown weed-covered buildings. She was mostly looking for items that could be of use to her, a tattered satchel slung securely over her shoulder in which she could collect small supplies, but her mind mostly revolved around finding a weapon, as she'd lost her own dagger several weeks ago and had yet to find a suitable replacement.

But before she found anything, she found someone, and her wariness spiked as she crouched behind a half-toppled shelf in an old bookstore, watching the tall, dark male saunter by along the street. He didn't seem to be searching as much as he was just looking around like some sort of tourist, so childishly curious, she followed as quickly and silently as was allowed. She stalked him for around fifteen minutes before she messed up and kicked something brass hidden amongst the debris. It clattered loudly in the resounding silence.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Coding by Sie
ooc

In Character
If Itzal hadn't been so lost in his own head, being crushed under his own memories and his constantly questioning why he had come back here, he wouldn't have need his stalker to make a mistake by kicking something. Itzal himself was a master of stealth and could stalk his prey without making a sound and he was very good at blending in. But with the territory of knowing how to stalk came the ability to spot his own. But he had let his guard down, he hadn't been searching for any of the little signs he was constantly looking for. He kicked himself mentally for being so careless but recovered and looked towards the sound.
His hand had immediately found its way into his pouch where his dagger and throwing knives were close at hand. He pulled out a throwing knife now and looked around. His eyes landed on the place where his follower was, "Please do come out and show yourself." His voice was even and unwavering. Itzal hadn't expected to find someone here, he had honestly only expected to be meant by memories. And now he wondered if he would be force to kill this person to defend himself. But he hoped he wouldn't, he was tired of killing right now. Plus, he thought, if this person had been following him for a while now, there would have been plenty of opportunities to attack him when he wasn't aware he was being followed. That was a good sign this person wasn't looking for a fight
<style>
.itzal-ktable p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.itzal-ktable b {color:#29373a;}
.itzal-ktable-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.itzal-ktable-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#29373a; text-shadow:#99aaae 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.itzal-ktable-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.itzal-ktable {background-color:#556366; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7738/itzal.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 305px 0px; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Sonje was, understandably, a little more than upset with herself for such carelessness on her part. Her tail flicked in an agitated manner, and she peeked around the corner, spying the knife the dark man held taut in his hand. She grimaced as she tucked her muzzle back, remembering she had a distinct disadvantage in this coup, and immediately deciding that she had to manipulate her way forward. Putting her hand against the brick, she pulled herself along the edge, peeking at him again, but more visibly from his vantage point.

Please… I-I was just.. I th-thought I’d… oh, I don’t know, she stammered shyly, crouching submissively for show, but she also served herself by becoming a smaller target. Sonje’s movements were always calculated as such, and though she appeared as delicate and innocent as she intended, it was all for the sake of disarming. She trusted no man, especially with a knife pointed at her, and she’d get out of the situation in the easiest way possible.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 || Points: 0 Ooc text here

Itzal listened as his stalker stammered and stuttered over her words, trying to explain what she was doing. Itzal sighed and rolled his eyes. "I didn't ask you to explain yourself, I asked you to show yourself. One step at a time please." He couldn't see the her entire form. His hand tightened on his knife but his wrist and arm remained loose and relaxed, ready to send the knife flying towards the spot. He could see her better now that she had moved some and now he sighed yet again. "Okay so now, take another step out, I promise not to throw the knife, and try and explain in slow words why you were following me." He smiled and gestured with the knife for her to step out more. He had no intention of hurting her yet, not until she gave him more of a reason.

Itzal wasn't pleased that he hadn't noticed he was being followed but he felt he had made up for that by getting the situation under his control. He was use to being in control of hostile situations, that way he could dictate whether there would be a fight or not. And usually if there was, he won. But right now, he didn't feel like fighting, so he was hoping to diffuse this meeting. But first he had to be sure she would go along with it, that she wouldn't try anything. Which was the only reason he had yet to put his knife away.

<style>
.GR2_Rio p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Rio b {font-family:verdana; color:#656877; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Rio {background-color:#0b090c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#d1ccd0; line-height:12px; width:414px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i50.tinypic.com/vg24v4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Rio .ooc {text-align:Left; font-family:verdana; color:#dccab6; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #656877; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
</style>
Code by Kitty !
[/html]
[html]

Sonje by Sie!

Though he prompted her to reveal herself (as a non-threat), Sonje was still hesitant given her direct aversion to a throwing knife lodged in one's ribs. She grimaced, weighing her options, but she'd do herself no good by trying to remain still—and fleeing seemed out the bag now—so she edged forward, feeling the low levels of brick as her fingers slid against then and she pulled herself fully into view. There she crouched, fingertips perched lightly on the gravel as she prepared to dive either way in order to avoid injury. But she stared towards him, pale eyes unwavering as she thoughtlessly dropped her shy act.

Her eyes never left his knife. I wasn't intentionally following you, she lied, though he had no real reason to suspect otherwise. I was, however, trying to stay out of your way. She flicked her helix-pierced ear in subtle irritation. Sorry if I disturbed you. No longer stammering, she deceitfully managed to keep her voice as level and unassuming as possible, as opposed to the venom she usually spat at strangers. She had, after all, been spying on him and had gotten caught of her own mishap.

Now how 'bout you tuck ol' pointy there back in its sheath? I'm not interested in a fight, or robbing you, she thought benignly. She had to get her hands on a weapon first.

<style>#je-bust { font: 15px Times; width: 95%; margin: 0px auto; line-height: 17px; }
#je-bust p { text-indent: 40px; padding: 0; margin: 10px 0; }
#je-bust p.jeImage { float: right; text-align: right; font: 10px Verdana; font-style: italic; margin: 0px;}
#je-bust .ooc { text-indent: 20px; text-align: left; font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana; line-height: 16px; font-weight: normal; }
#je-bust q { letter-spacing: 0px; font-weight: bold; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 0350 || Points: 3 Where oh where shall this thread go I wonder....

Itzal watched her crouched behind the brick wall, weighing her options he assumed. She obviously picked to stop hiding and come out because she moved into full view for Itzal. "Not that hard now was it?" Itzal's voice was unwavering and cold as he spoke and his eyes were hardened and heartless. He wouldn't blink twice about killing her if he felt he had too.

Itzal smirked some as she noticeably stopped stuttering and tripping over her words. It seemed like he had a con-artist on his hands. He was glad that he wasn't as naive and stupid as those wolves who trusted people unconditionally. "So were are you going exactly that you had to follow behind me in order to stay out of my way?" Itzal didn't know if the female was being honest about her intentions to follow him but at this rate it didn't matter to him. She had and that, in his head, was all the reason he needed to be as cautious as he wanted to be. "You didn't really disturb me. I should probably thank you. If I spend to much time in my own head I have a hard time getting out. So thanks for getting my attention." He gave her a cold smile, spinning the knife in his hand as he talked.

He smirked as she asked him to put the knife away. He thought about it then shrugged, placing the knife back in the pouch by his hip. "Don't let that make you feel better. I can have it out in under a second and throw it about as fast." He trained with his throwing knives often and he could probably claim to be a master at it compared to those he had meant who were also skilled in it. "So what is your name? And what has you passing through Halifax. I mean, if you have a reason other than not intentionally following me and trying to stay out of my way?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at her to see what she would come up with to answer him.

<style>
.Itzdevil p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Itzdevil b {font-family:verdana; color:#fefefe; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Itzdevil {background-color:#303030; font-family:'Times New Roman', times, serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; line-height:14px; width:520px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/28l88d2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:310px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000;}
.Itzdevil .inner {margin:5px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:350px; overflow:auto;}
.Itzdevil .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #190a24; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(I was just wondering the possibilities myself u__u lol *shameless*)

Sonje by Sie!

Her eyes narrowed slightly at his patronization. Albeit young, she was incredibly well developed for her age—a direct corollary to her stint in Hearg Njorth—and she understood entirely the wild and the way things worked. The weaker were at the bottom. The weaker must submit. She was submitting, but she wouldn't be weak for long, this Sonje guaranteed. And it would seem, with the inky male's sly attitude towards her, that she would not need to put up a front against him; rather, it was pertinent that she now display an ability to take care of herself. He gave her an inch of passage (a cold smile, interested) and the Helsi girl would slip in a sweet, subtle mile.

And her tongue was superb, in a manner of speaking. Being so young, it was material that she be able to lie and to talk her way out of things. If he thought he'd catch her slipping this way, he was wrong. That clothing shop, she murmured, nosing across the street towards a store with large, shattered windows and a half-hanging sign beneath it that had words she couldn't read but a shirt and pants etched clearly enough into the disfigured wood. She blinked and then slowly pulled herself up onto two feet, ears erect as she watched him slick the knife back into place. Now she visibly relaxed, perhaps unjustly confident (or cocky), and she waved off his supposedly impressive comment with a motion of her wiry hand and she wrinkled her muzzle in a teasing sneer. You'll need more than a second to deal with me, she mused, finally taking her eyes off him as she moved fully onto the street and sauntered neatly in his direction.

Her fingers traced along the rubble, but she was clearly bare (except her jewelry) and had no weapons to speak of, or that his eyes could see. She held her hands apart, almost inviting his gaze to check her complaisant state and then she dropped them to her sides, and leaned her slender shoulder lightly against a jutting rubble slab with several yards between them still. I'm Sonje, she answered, crossing her arms across her stomach and tilting her wild head at him curiously. Just stocking up. As you can see, I'm a little.. disadvantaged right now. She blinked, and moved on with an inaudible intake of breath. So who're you and why were you wandering around like a deaf hare?

[/html]
[html]
OOC sup bitches? / +yo numbah!

Itzal glanced at the shop she indicated and nodded once before looking back at her. He smiled and nodded "Well okay, if you say so." Itzal grinned at the female, but his eyes were still cold and unwavering. He was use to dealing with people with silver tongues. He had one himself at times. He could be very charming and persuasive when he had to be. But he had to admit, this girl didn't miss a beat. She was obviously very good at what she was doing.

Itzal nodded as she moved into full few and claimed he would need more than just a second to deal with her. He could believe that. She seemed like she was a slippery one who wouldn't do down without a fight. "That might be true, but either way, I would deal with you eventually." Itzal didn't say the words with a mocking town or cocky voice. His voice was dead cold and serious.

Then Itzal let a grin spread across his face as she moved closer. Once she said her name he nodded and took a step forward, " Nice to meet you Sonje, I'm Itzal. And it honestly isn't smart to travel around so disadvantaged. Especially wearing the jewelery you are. Someone less noble would probably steal it." He shrugged but it was the truth. And Itzal didn't plan on it. He didn't stoop as low as that, and liked to think he had at least a little respect for others. "Well I was wandering around cause I just got back into town. I had left Nova Scota and I'm back now. I guess I was taking a stroll down memory lane and got distracted." So now they had explained each other and they had explained pleasantries. Where were they to go from here he wondered.

<style type="text/css">
.itziziti b {font-weight:bold; color:#c5807c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.itziziti p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.itziziti {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#3c0003; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/f1gps7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 272px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#995753; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.itziziti p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.itziziti p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sonje by Sie!

Even when the dark brute smiled, it never quite seemed to reach the cold glint of his eyes, calculating and fearless. But though not as definitive, there was also something keenly reminiscent of that look in her own eyes—the eyes that have seen too much. She smiled at his icy drawl, surprisingly interested in his threat, as it wasn't often she openly received one. Usually her pretty face kept those at bay; however, she knew right away that she was dealing with a different breed here, someone who wouldn't be won over with conscience alone. She shrugged, dismissing his seriousness if only because acting so nonchalant easily kept her young nerves at bay.

Sonje openly snorted when the newly introduced Itzal suggested that someone might take her jewelry, given her obvious disadvantages. She wasn't even six feet tall, and the man before her loomed over seven, a hulking shadow she looked right through. I'd like to see 'someone less noble' try, she answered haughtily, seemingly overconfident but it was becoming increasingly difficult to gauge how serious she was being. She liked being this way, as enigmatic as possible, and she often kept a hint that she was furtively insidious, in case any patron got the idiotic idea to try and harass her. Well Itzal, she punctuated his name, her tone somewhere between playfulness and repugnance, you should really be more careful, taking those trips down memory lane. Had I been so inclined, or equipped, you're the one who might've gotten robbed. Her eyes narrowed slightly, but just as quickly as the idle threat had come, her face resumed its generally unimpressed facet. But as it were... eh, she shrugged again, lifting her hands in casually passive display.

The wolfdog moved then, deliberately closing the distance between them before simply brushing right by the black wolf. But as she passed, she looked up, meeting his gaze daringly at close range. She barely had time to wonder how gold his eyes were and how fine that scar was across his cheek before she passed, waving a hand idly over her shoulder. As you were, solider, she called teasingly, picking a path towards the unintended clothing store she'd pointed out before and leaving him behind with a few conscious swishes of her hips.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 || Points: 0 Ooc.

Itzal found this girl entertaining. She was bold and she appeared to be very brave. Itzal could feel the underlining to their meeting. It was a game they were playing, back and forth between the two, and she had just decided to step up her game. Itzal smirked at she replied to his comment about her disadvantage. "You know, I almost think I would like to see that too. I doubt they would walk away unscathed. If they walked away at all I mean." He smirked watching her with a calculating look. He was opening up but that didn't mean he wouldn't kill her. He just didn't feel like he had to at the moment. And she was amusing him for the time being, something he was grateful for. You are right, I suppose I should be more careful. Next time I hear someone following I'll attack first and ask questions later. How about that?" He smirked, raising an eyebrow at her as she approached him.

He watched her come close and as she passed by him one of his paws feel to his pouch by his hip, making sure no stray hands found their way towards it. He grinned at her as she looked up at him and continued to grin and watch her as she walked towards the shop. She was waving at him and he just shook his head and smirked. She has balls, he thought as he followed behind her a little way. "I think it would be wrong of me to let a woman at such a disadvantage as you to hang out around here by yourself. I wouldn't be....noble of me." He grinned, standing against a stone wall of the building across from the shoe shop.

<style>
.Itzdevil p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Itzdevil b {font-family:verdana; color:#fefefe; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Itzdevil {background-color:#303030; font-family:'Times New Roman', times, serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; line-height:14px; width:520px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/28l88d2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:310px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000;}
.Itzdevil .inner {margin:5px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:350px; overflow:auto;}
.Itzdevil .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #190a24; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sonje by Sie!

She didn't answer his questions or comment on his words, perhaps too self-absorbed, but she sashayed to the first of the blasted window frames, and peered indifferently in his direction, leering at her like some sort of intelligent cat. Sonje snorted, turning up her nose and deftly pulling herself onto the decadent windowsill. Hang around then, Mr. Noble. You might see something you like, she called leaping down onto the worn tiles with a light thud and subtle click of her claws. While keeping an ear out for her "protector" as he were, the young Helsi stepped over and around upturned, leaning, and askew racks, picked clean of decent leftovers, but she wasn't picky.

She handled several shirts, but most things she looked at here had been ripped or chewed by rats. It hadn't stood well in its working years, and it certainly wasn't much now. This wasn't even the store she wanted to be in, she remembered with a roll of her eyes as she recalled her lie to mister "nobility himself" out there. Sonje was back at the window far faster than she could of cared for, a huff on her dark lips. Nothing good, she 'tsk'ed, shaking her head in disappointment (or whatever she was supposed to be exuding). She glanced at Itzal, perching herself dexterously on the edge of the sill like a nymph, and wondered if he could be any use. You say you've been here before? If you insist on hanging around, then how about showing me a good shop or two? There was a challenge on her snaky tongue.

The wolfdog's bushy tail wagged slowly back and forth, watching him contemplatively like an owl might. The wind ruffled her long, silver-tipped mane and her nose twitched unconsciously as his strong, heady scent skewered her lungs thirstily. She climbed down from the window, letting her bracelets jingle slightly before standing up and tilting her head very astutely in his direction. For whatever reason, her chin slid up, slightly defensive.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 || Points: 0 Ooc text here

"Maybe I will. If I haven't already I mean." Was Itzal's only reply as he watched her. He found it amusing that she was putting up with him and treating him as if he was just some unwanted luggage. So he just sat there and watched her move through the store. He couldn't tell what all she was looking at but he could tell from her body language that she wasn't to pleased with any of it. And it was only a few minutes before she was back at the shop's front window sill.

He smirked as she shook her head and tsked, in apparent disappointment. Itzal watched her as she perched herself on the windowsill. He raised an eyebrow as she challenged him. She hadn't said it out right but it was in the way she said it made it clear. Itzal didn't say anything, he just looked at her with his eyebrow raised, debating whether he would give her the satisfaction of playing around. Eventually he just shrugged and smirked. She was perched in the window looking at him, and he grinned at her as the wind blew and her mane blew with it. He noticed her chin go up and her posture and he smiled at her with a devilish grin. She was pretty he thought, and she did have a certain charm. Then he laughed in his head and shook it off.

He pushed off the wall and gestured down a street where he knew about a weapons shop that he had visited once before with Axelle. He turned and started walking, listening for her to follow. He was half way down the street when he stopped and looked over his shoulder, "So once you find a weapon, what's your plan? You aren't going to go stabbing me in the back are you?" He said with a smirk, raising his eyebrow once again. He wanted to make sure he wouldn't have to watch out for a knife in the back. Of course even if she said no he would still be expecting one. He was almost always expecting a knife in the back.

<style>
.GR2_Rio b {font-family:verdana; color:#656877; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Rio {background-color:#0b090c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#d1ccd0; line-height:12px; width:414px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i50.tinypic.com/vg24v4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Rio .ooc {text-align:Left; font-family:verdana; color:#dccab6; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #656877; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
</style>
Code by Kitty !
[/html]
[html]

Sonje by Sie!

Bemused, the man shrugged and began a leisurely pace down the street, and smirking like a triumphant child, she followed. Even if she felt he was only going along with her egotistic behavior because he was bored, she was still greatly amused by his cooperation. Blinking her expression straight, she followed daintily, hopping more than walking after his long strides. When he paused, she hopped beside him and peered up at him critically. Hm, well you are the idiot taking me to a weaponry before anything else, she scoffed, licking her chops thoughtfully thereafter. Perhaps you deserve a knife in the back she added breezily, jaunting a few feet ahead and then spinning to face him again.

Of course, I'd be more inclined to get you right in the front, just between that birdcage you call ribs there. A slender finger pointed towards his chest, though it was only implied since she wasn't standing that close (it would seem she would always only brush by him, careful not to remain too close for any amount of time). She was only teasing, but would die before admitting to her verbal characteristic of generally impertinent crassness. Though he was subtly prepared to be suddenly betrayed by the younger, there was really no need to be wary of her snide and cruel jesting. Sonje meant every word, but if she really intended him harm or didn't like his presence, then he would definitely know. With a girl as bold as her, she didn't often waste time hiding animosity.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 || Points: 0Sorry this post is kinda crappy >.<

He laughed as she pointed how he was taking her to a weapon shop. It was true that he was basically arming her for a fight but he didn't really care. "I guess you have a point there. Of course most of the good shops I know are weapon shops so...." He shrugged looking at her with a smile as she moved ahead of her. His eyes had thawed out some, revealing a hint of amusement but behind that there was still a hardened look in his eyes. But at least he was warming up.

He looked down at his chest as she point at it and he couldn't help laughing when she implied that the knife would go through the front, not the back. "Well if you want to hit anything, don't go for the heart. Last time I checked, I'm 'heartless'." Itzal had been called heartless many times. He often wondered if maybe they were right, maybe he didn't have a heart. But then he usually just shrugged it off and killed them. The heartless part usually came when they had lost the fight and were about to die.

He started to walk again looking at her with a grin as he pointed to a shop on the street corner of the road they were approaching. "There, that one. And there is a jewelery store across from it with some stuff I guess. Last time I was there I just got one or two things." His hand went up to the earring in his left ear. He washed it often like Sky had told him too. And he had been looking for more so maybe he would check that out.

He looked up, taking his hand away from his earring and smiling at Sonje, "Sorry about that, like I said, I get lost in my thoughts." He shrugged and picked up his pace headed to the shop, smirking at Sonje in front of him as he bowed and gestured ahead of himself, "Ladies first. he said looked back up at her.

<style>
</style>
Code by Kitty !
[/html]
[html]

Sonje by Sie!

Heartless, huh? Good thing I prefer lungs and jugulars, she chirped casually, wrinkling her sleek muzzle. But don't worry, Itzal. For helping me out, I vow to let you know before I ever decide to kill you. She put her hand across her chest, and smiled without showing her teeth; a tease if she ever was one. Regardless, there was a certain honesty in her sharp eyes that said she meant her words even if she didn't expect him to honor the same code. She had a code, and that was all that mattered.

Following his direction, she looked at the street corner shop with its graying walls, decaying woodsills and rough displays meant for weapons. As they walked again—him walking, she jaunting back and forth lithely as if inwardly merry about checking out weaponry—Itzal mentioned a jewelry store and her interest was immediately piqued, though she kept any telltale expressions from her face. She glanced, checking out his earring briefly and flicking her own helixed ear unconsciously. Yeah I might like to check that out too. Haven't found a piece I really like in a couple months... she drew off thoughtfully. Usually Luperci found little use or want of jewelry, and though Sonje didn't have a wide collection herself, she often liked looking to see if she could find something she especially liked. She was more of a rarity collector than a hoarder.

When he apologized for drifting off, she waved him off without commenting, seeing no need to apologize for thinking. They reached the door and he stood to the side for her, bowing graciously (or mockingly, she wondered warily) as invitation to go first. She looked down at him for the first time, and she smiled. It wasn't sweet, but rather fiery and knowing. A smile that smoldered nicely and brought a natural curve to her brows as well, a beautiful skeptic's grin. She put a hand on the door frame, the inset of which had been blasted away by some brute probably years ago. She tentatively took a step inside, but then paused as if she thought better of it and she looked back at Itzal. I have a whole room at my disposal now, Itzal. So no funny business, she winked, wagging a finger at him and licking her devilish lips before slipping into the weaponry with a small giggle.

The first two racks were scarce, left with spears not chosen and uselessly crooked arrows, but as she walked to the shelves, daggers and knifes that had been surpassed on for years began to spring up, and she peered at each thoughtfully. All the bows seemed gone, but she eyed a couple rapiers and long-swords thoughtfully, though she didn't know how to use them. She figured it wouldn't be that hard to teach herself how to sword-fight. She was skilled enough with a hand blade, how hard could that be? As she was checking out the taller swords, some much too big for her stature, she happened to look down at a glint near her foot, and she crouched to pick free a curved silver dagger, whose gold and ruby hilt had been buried beneath a pile of grimy rags. Oh! She's perfect, Sonje purred, barring her teeth in satisfaction. I name all my knives after snakes. The last one was Cobra. Any ideas? she asked, handing the short blade to the black Luperci as she turned to eye the longer swords again.

[/html]
[html]

Just what the two of them need, sharp pointy things to play with together. XD

"Good thing indeed. And thank you. Though if you honestly do want to kill me, you might want to rethink that." He smiled, winking at her as he laughed. "But trust me, if I ever intended to kill you, you would know. If I want someone dead on a personal level, I usually like to drag it out and make them suffer. If it is just business or survival, well, I'll at least give you a fighting chance before killing you quickly. I mean, if I actually think you are worth giving a chance. Which I think you are." He laughed as he spoke, grinning. His uncle's pack members hadn't been worth a chance. He had slit their throats and ripped out their hearts before most of them knew what was happening. They weren't ready for Itzal. Or more specifically Eztli and Itzal working together. And their uncle, oh it had been so personal they had dragged it out. After their little fight, where Itzal got the scar that now went from his left shoulder to his neck, Itzal had drawn out killing him. Itzal had made him break, and break, and break some more before he finally ended his life. It had been some of Itzal and Eztli's finest work together.

"It might prove worth while. I'm sure there could have been something of value in there that was sustained. I would have no way of telling the value of any of that stuff other than what I was looking for. He said with a nod towards the store. For all he knew there was some kind of priceless human jewel in there. He wouldn't have been able to tell if there was.

As they approached the weapon store Itzal smirked as she bowed for him to go first. He walked in first and glanced back at her "Thanks" was all he said as he walked in an looked around. All expression faded from his face as he looked around, remembering the last time he was here. He walked up to a walk and ran a hand over it, finding the place where a crossbow bolt had missed his head just barely when Axelle had decided to 'test' her new weapon. He sighed, missing his old friend. But he remembered he had someone with him and quickly turned, a smile back on his face as she mentioned no funny business. He couldn't help faking a shiver as she licked her lips "Why am I wondering if you mean more than just the violent kind of funny business?" He asked with a sly smile as looked among the weapons.

Itzal had already walked over to the knife and dagger section of the shop. He had gotten two weapons here before. The sultans knife that now hung by his hip on one of his jean's belt loops and a katana that he had stashed somewhere a while ago before leaving Nova Scota the second time. Itzal was standing there looking at the different knives when Sonje walked up and bent down to pick up the dagger. He looked at the satisfaction on her face as she handed it to him. He felt the weight of the dagger and nodded, holding it in a reverse grip as he slashed the air with it. He approved that it was a good weapon and thought for a second. "Viper. Or Fang if you want to name it after a characteristic." He handed the dagger back to her and smiled as he reached into his pouch and felt his own beloved dagger. Lately he had been working on using the dagger and Sultan knife together, but he wasn't as proficient at it as he was using one or the other by itself.

<style>
.itzal-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-d04 b {color:#7DA4DE; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.itzal-d04 {background-color:#1E365A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#070F1A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
(Lol, they need to go a figurine shop or something where they can't hurt themselves or one another xD)

Sonje by Sie!

There was some sort of mutual agreement there, a threat lingering between them that either only hinted or played at. But they were being so harmlessly flirtatious with one another that though they were being honest, it was difficult to actually tell. If Itzal thought she deserved a fighting chance, the concept made Sonje smile wryly, as she thought she might enjoy a fight with him. Feeling herself superior (especially to males, as she'd been raised), the Helsi dog hybrid fancied fighting males—proving herself as the fairer sex. Regardless, she thought a fight would Itzal would be more along the lines of sparring instead of something serious, though she didn't let the latter leave the back of her thoughts.

With a mind to take a look at the jewelry store afterwards, she continued scouting around the smithstore with a finger placed pensively on her chin. Don't flatter yourself. I'm always speaking of violence, she scoffed, her bushy tail giving a nettling flick. She reached suddenly, for a rack of swords tucked against the wall behind several other rows. The handle she grasped was cupped with a half-basket guard, her slender fingers molding nicely against the wooded, brass-accented hilt, and when she pulled it out of the rack, it was bound in a strong leather scabbard, also accented in brass. Pulling the cutlass blade from its sheath, she sighed pleasantly as she found it to be onyx in color. It was an immaculate sword for her.

She turned, just as Itzal fished an appropriate name for her new dagger, and she smiled a little gratefully. Viper, she repeated, taking it from him and rubbing her fingers over the gold-swirled base. In her other hand, the cutlass, she pointed at him loosely. This, I'll call Mamba. I've never used a sword before though, she said, swinging the sabre down and admiring it. She set Viper down on the counter momentarily, if only because she wanted to find a sheath for it to tote more safely. You any good with swords? she asked, giving the slasher a swing and grinning as it easily lodged into one of the wooden support beams still standing in the room. It'd sliced so cleanly through that she had to use both hands to dislodge it again.

She suddenly couldn't wait to chop someone's arm off.

<style>#je-bust { font: 15px Times; width: 95%; margin: 0px auto; line-height: 17px; }
#je-bust p { text-indent: 40px; padding: 0; margin: 10px 0; }
#je-bust p.jeImage { float: right; text-align: right; font: 10px Verdana; font-style: italic; margin: 0px;}
#je-bust .ooc { text-indent: 20px; text-align: left; font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana; line-height: 16px; font-weight: normal; }
#je-bust q { letter-spacing: 0px; font-weight: bold; }
</style>[/html]
Lol, can you imagine how bored they would be in a figurine store? Itzal would be like "Where is the stuff I can kill people with?" XD
[html]

Itzal was never one to turn down a fight but he wouldn't mind if a fight for once didn't end with a dead body. And he figured if he fought with Sonje, she would stop before he was forced to kill her. But he had no intention of fighting her at the moment. Sure, the underlying suggestion was there for both of them, but so far neither one of them had yet to push the suggestion to far. Of course the two of them going to a weapon shop didn't really help them move away from the thought of fighting but that was just the way both of their minds worked.

Itzal smirked and licked his lips playfully when she mentioned that violence was what she was always speaking of. "Looks like you are my kind of girl already." He said, his smirk growing larger as he walked past the female with a chuckle, grabbing his sultan's knife off of his belt and going over to the spot where he had first picked it up. He rather liked this blade and was thankful he had found one here. It had saved his life once or twice before, so he was probably more than lucky he had found it. He was down right grateful. He would love to find another and that was what he had set out to do. He looked through the rows of knives and saw many he liked but wouldn't be able to carry at the moment. So they were a waste of time. He looked through the rubble near the center of the room and swore when he came up empty handed again. He had just about given up hope when he saw something tucked in the corner against the wall and the leg of one of the display racks. He reached down and pried the knife out, grinning happily as he found what he was looking for. He slid the knife over his fingers, and grabbed his other one, sliding it over is other hand so both knives' handles were wrapped in his fist, the blades facing outwards so he punch and slash with his fist close or open. He grinned, doing some quick hand work on one of the beams as both hands used each knife to put numerous slashes in the beam. He laughed when he finally stopped and hooked both knifes on his belt. Now that he had a dual set, he could learn to use both knives together. Not that they would replace his dagger as his favorite weapon. But at least it would give him something to learn and mix it up a little with.

Itzal had handed her back the dagger and before too long she had already picked up another weapon. He grinned, laughing to himself, "You just can't get enough with the weapons can you? I'm starting to think you are a girl made after my own heart." He was joking of course. But that didn't mean he didn't value a woman with a good eye for weaponry. "Viper and Mamba, interesting. And I use to have a Katana, but I stashed it somewhere a while ago before I left Nova Scotia. I haven't used it very much. Maybe I'll stop by and pick it up sometimes, if it is even still there. But no, I wouldn't say I'm any good with them. I prefer knives and daggers. Or my teeth and claws. Either way." He shrugged, looking over the cutlass with mild interest. He smirked and looked at her "But I must say, I pictured you as more of a scimitar girl. Though now that I see you with that cutlass, I do believe it fits you much better.

<style>
.itzal-tbl .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-tbl p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-tbl b {color:#E5F8DC; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#1F261B 2px 2px 2px; }
.itzal-tbl {background-color:#2F4424; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzalgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A8DB8E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:243px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-tbl-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
(Lol! And omg, I really spent like 30 mins choosing between that cutlass and a scimitar... >.> *...she'll get one later* Ahem, excuse the slight PP.)

Sonje by Sie!

She'd seen him pick his second knife, smiling mindlessly as she noticed how pleased he was with his find, but it disappeared quickly as she realized she couldn't comment. She felt silly asking him if he named his knives—and it suddenly reflected on her and she felt incredibly childish. Sonje clammed up, if only briefly, and she concentrated on her cutlass until Itzal spoke again. She looked up, cocking a brow challengingly at him and tilting her head slightly as she boldly touched the base of his chest with two fingers and then dancing then up to the place where his heart "should have been". She poked, not especially hard, but it was a defining move to her fingers which had barely grazed him before. I thought you were heartless, love? she dead-panned, barring her teeth at him in an impish grin as the very fleeting moment passed—hardly 5 seconds had gone by—and she spun away from him, hair whipping his broad chest as she gave herself room to play with her sword again.

Shame you can't teach me, she mused aloud, holding her black sabre up in the sunlight that filtered through the armory's broken window. Eh. Well, when I learn how to properly wield Mamba, I'll come teach you. She looked pointedly over her shoulder at him, narrowing her eyes as her muzzle split into a Cheshire cat's grin. She looked back down at her new arm extension fondly when he mentioned it was a cutlass. She'd never seen one, but she was glad to know its name. A scimitar she knew about, and she nodded thoughtfully, rubbing her chin with her left hand. That's not such a bad idea. I'll have to get a good harness for my horse before I pick one up though, she observed casually, as she admired Mamba's particularly pleasant fit to her slight frame.

She sheathed it almost reluctantly and held it, before glancing around quickly for something to tuck Viper in. She dusted off an old charcoal dagger sheath, which fit nicely enough, and she resourcefully bit off a section of old rope and secured the dagger to her thigh so that she only had to carry Black Mamba. Ready to hit that jewelry store? she asked him, motioning with her hand for him to lead the way.

[/html]