To see the Unseen
WC: 321 OOC: this is what the horse looks like! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/shaw...llpapers-19.jpg and Saqui is in optime Smile

Today felt like a good day to go out and explore some of the surrounding areas of AniWaya. She wasn’t wanderlust in any sense though she did come here from the great tribe, but this was where she was born, wouldn’t it be also acceptable that she come here to make it flourish? Her father had not been happy but as she was an adult now she was able to make her decisions.

She got Mirage ready which only included a brush and hoof cleaning before setting out. All the dark woman had with her was the bow her father gave her and the arrows that went with it, a simple enough thing to make she had learned when she could first shift. She let her horse go at a brisk walking pace, which took them towards the reserve place that she heard about, with sparce wooded area and some fields, her eyes scanned the areas seeing that it was all a mixture of different trees, it was not likely she would get lost here just from the way the trees themselves grew. The black mare seemed to enjoy herself as she wasn’t walking on hundreds of roots as she had in the other forest, instead the moss covered ground gave her plenty of protection, but Saqui was aware of what was around her and kept her eyes out for rocks or anything that could lame the horse.

She found herself in a nice meadow, surrounded by high grass and she felt it was a good place to stop. She jumped from her mare and let her loose. the horse took a short gallop around the area before finding some nice sweet grass to chew on. Saqui stood proudly watching the black horse whose flaxen mane contrasted her color entirely. She was the perfect specimen. Saqui thought as her eyes watched the horse playing at the moving grass.
[html]
Word Count :: 468 Here ya go sweety.

Only a few weeks before Baird had been in almost this exact spot, only a few minutes walk away from where he had met with the red and white Aniwayan, Io. He wondered how his pup was doing, if it was getting on well with its new owner and doing its job. He shook his head, attempting to think back over his little trip down to the old human settlement of Yarmouth. He had searched the city and found bits and pieces that could be useful, picking up what he thought he could use and abandoning things that he couldn't think of any immediate use for. He had made his way down to the point of the land, stumbling into the other human place, spending a few days in the coastal town, just relaxing after his trek. He had only spent a few days there, his Walkabout bug biting after the second day of immobility. Now he was making his way back up the country and passing Aniwaya.

He paced happily through the flat and even woodland. The trees were perfectly spaced and he wasn't tripping over roots like he normally did in forested areas, he appreciated that, his paws loving the soft, mossy floor. Gelar swooped above him, flitting between trees, occasionally alighting on tree branches before leaping off again wing feathers cracking in the stillness of the forest. Pan rode Bairds shoulder, tail tucked around his neck, the tip woven into the cord that held his rabbit foot pendant. Baird glanced over at the quoll, a soft smile adorning his face, and thought that she might be the perfect girl for him. It wasn't the first time the thought had crossed his mind, he knew that she was a quoll and wouldn't live as long as he would, but he was undeniably in love with her and he knew that she loved him too. He was still musing over the feelings he had for the quoll when he walked into a clearing. The grass was high and fragrant, the green smell assaulting his nostrils as soon as he emerged from the trees.

He took a few steps into the clearing, raising a paw to tickle Pan under the chin, when his eyes were caught by the dark coat and the flaxen mane and tail of the most beautiful horse he had ever seen. He didn't know much about horses, his only experience being of the brumbies back home, but he knew that the mare before him was in perfect condition. He was going to approach the mare when he spotted the brown furred canine. He raised a hand-paw and flicked it a little, waving as he called a greeting, "G'day. That your mare?" He asked, intrigued about the equine, telling himself that he should get himself a horse.

Photo courtesy of pierre pouliquin

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#631a19; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 {background-color:#daac9a; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6223/bairdbyrne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:289px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 204/ OOC:

Saqui saw the gold man even before he saw her, though she was quite sure it would be far harder to see in the dry season or upcoming winter when the grasses turned as gold as the man that came into the clearing, but she did ignore him. It seemed he had his eye on her mare though, but that was what happened when one owned a horse as strange as Mirage was. She didn’t blame anyone for wanting to track down the horse and claim her as her own. Saqui did, sort of.

It wasn’t long before he realized that the horse wasn’t the only one to be in the field with the horse and he acknowledged her with a wave of his hand and a question. Saqui gave a mystical smile of sorts and nodded; “That is my mare yes, Her name is Mirage and I am Saqui, who might you be?” She inquired and as she spoke her face fell into its normal seriousness. She was like her father hard to impress in a way, and rarely tried to show what emotions she held inside her. It was not a curse, she thought it was an advantage.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 326 La Di Da

Baird smile back at the woman, a dreamy smile touching her lips. He lowered his hand-paw and stepped a little closer, just so they didn't have to shout at each other from across the field. She confirmed that the mare was hers, even giving a name. 'Mirage.' It fit the mare, she was a thing of beauty, just like most mirages that were encountered in the desert. He could attest to that, having wandered in the scorching sun of home too long and being tempted by the wavering image of dancing girls with gourds of water, he had been lucky to not follow the beauty of the mirage and had turned around and made his way back to a water source, but his mind was wandering now and he shook his muzzle slightly to bring him back to the present.

At her introduction Baird felt that this was too formal a greeting to offer his paw to shake so instead he bowed his head a little, showing that he had manners and could be respectful, "A pleasure to meet you Saqui." Her name had sounded so lilting and beautiful as it came from her tongue, but from his it came out hard, more like Sacky. He wrinkled his nose a little as he realised this, but he didn't comment on it, he could hardly change his accent or the way he spoke, if he did he wouldn't be himself any more. "I'm Baird. Baird Byrne." He indicated his shoulder, "This fine lady is Pangari, my travelling companion." He then swept his arm to the tree where his kookaburra perched, "And that fella over yonder is Gelar." With the introductions over he felt he could now compliment her horse.

He turned to the stunning equine and smiled, "She's a real beaut that one. You're one lucky sheila to have a brumby like that." He didn't realise he had slipped back into his colloquialisms, the words coming naturally to him.

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#631a19; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 {background-color:#daac9a; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6223/bairdbyrne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:289px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBTQ1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 270/ OOC: Meep

She let her brow twitch but only slighly and her ear flicked for a second at her name being pronounced in such away but she approved and she nodded. She listened to his introductions she let a curious smile form on her lips as she paid attention to the quoll on his shoulder. She had never seen anything like it before. She didn’t notice the bird until he went over to the tree it clung to and her eyes went wide, it was a beautiful specimen. She didn’t think they were native here, and she raised her eyebrows. This was when Awenasa decided to make her appearance. The ghostly spirit guide climbed up onto Saqui’s shoulder and looked at Baird. Saqui looked at her spirit guide inquiringly, “And this late comer is Awenasa., you can call her Asa.” She said knowing the word was a mouthful even on herself, who spoke perfect Cherokee... well almost perfect.

She looked at him questioningly at him, his words confused her and she tilted her head; “I am sorry, what is a Shh... um a Sheela? and a Brumble?” She had a thought but she was dense and it was better to be safe than sorry. She looked back at her horse at the comment, her eyes twinkling then back at Baird; “I think you have some pretty amazing companions yourself. How did you come across them? They do not look like animals that have lived here before.” She said absently, admiring the plumage of the bird and the spot on the strange rodent looking creature.

<style>
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 314 Sorry for the wait sweetheart! What animal is Asa?

Bairds eyes widened noticeably as he saw the ghostly animal take to Saqui's shoulder, he had never seen anything like it bur he tried to act as normal as possible. He bowed his head to the newcomer and greeted her, "G'day Asa, pleasure to meet ya." Pan chirruped loudly in alarm as she noticed Asa, scrambling up the back of the dingoes head to settle between his ears, hiding in the scruffy blonde head fur. Baird chuckled quietly and left the quoll where she was, knowing that after a while she would become curious.

Baird chuckled again as Saqui asked what his slang meant, he shrugged slightly in embarrassment, "Ah, I apologise Saqui, I forget not everyone's Aussie like me. A sheila is a woman and a brumby is a horse." He paused and looked back over to Mirage, "so to translate, you're a lucky lady to have such a fine horse."

He flicked his ear at Pan as he could feel her grip on his hair loosening, she chirred at him and used the goggles on his forehead to drag herself forward, peering at Asa through strands of hair. Baird grinned as Saqui noticed the foreignness of his companions, "Ah, we're all from very far away. Home is a country called Australia." He noticed how she seemed to be admiring Gelar's plumage so he called the bird over with a simple whistle. The kookaburra landed on Bairds outstretched arm, sidestepping up to rest on the dingoes shoulder. Gelar preened Bairds face fur, his large beak clacking together in pleasure. "Gelar started following me when I was wandering through a forest in Oz, and I picked up Pan as a baby. He's a Kookaburra and she's a Tiger quoll." He nodded at Asa, "Now I've seen plenty of critters on my travels but nothing like her, what is she?" He asked, his voice polite and curious.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 307 OOC: Ohhhh yeah!!! Sorry!! so very sorry she is an Otter!!

The spirit guide just nodded at him. She talked to no one but Saqui, but that was for obvious reasons. At least they were obvious to the wolf dog. She nodded as he apologized and translated what he said to her and she nodded . “Well thank you, I did get lucky with her. But she is not property so she really isn’t mine. I trained her and she is free to go when she likes. She is free to do as she pleases and she is pleased to be with me for now.” She said, of course it took much coaxing for the mare to understand she got shelter and feed for lugging the young woman around.

He explained where he was from and it did not ring any bells. She was not well educated in that of the world, she just knew about the tribe and it’s outlying packs and she was just starting to learn about AniWaya and its outlying packs as well. So it was all new to her but she nodded and could tell he and his friends were all very exotic. “It is nice to meet you all, I don’t think i’ll ever see others like your friends again.” She said. She let her eyes move towards Asa. She smiled trying to think of the words to use that he could understand; “She is my... spirit guide. She came to me when I was six months. She is like a conscience.... she tries to help me make the right decisions without making them for me. It is very hard to explain. It is a part of our tribe. Each member gets one for one reason or another.” She said. It was so hard to explain such things to someone who lived outside the pack.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 693 Sorry for the wait sweety, have a decent Baird post.

Baird eyed the spirit otter, his verdant eyes following the sinuous lines of its long body, he noticed that it was not dissimilar to Pan's body, but there were essential differences. Pan was narrower than the broad and flat headed river dweller, her tail more cat like than the rudder like appendage, and her paws were less hand like and unwebbed. Baird was intrigued by the origins of things and if he had the time and the means he would love to study the origins of the species around him. For now he would content himself with visually comparing animals and plants.

He looked over to the horse as Saqui explained that she didn't own the equine, the horse chose to be with her. He'd bet his loincloth that getting the horse to choose to stay must have taken some effort though. It wasn't often that a herbivore chose to stay with a carnivore. He respected her ideas though, it seemed she shared the aborigine view on the treatment of animals, and that he liked. He never forced Pan or Gelar to do anything, they chose to travel with him and he loved them unconditionally. He nodded at her words, "I can respect that. A beauty like that should never be owned, she should be one with the land. It's a privilege to have even seen her." His voice was quiet, not it's usual loud, brash timbre, but respectfully hushed as if he were in awe.

As he talked of Australia and his home there he could tell that she still did not know where he was talking about. He had met many Luperci that had travelled and knew much of the world, but he had also met many others that had never travelled and never would, so he could not blame her for her lack of knowledge on the world, he simply shrugged his shoulders slightly. He nodded as she said she was unlikely to meet his type and that of his companions again, what with the three of them being so exotic. He chuckled, a smile coming to his maw, "That's about right, we're from about as far away as you can get from here. The journey's a rough one and I can't imagine that many Aussies wanting to leave the Lucky Country. I'm the odd one out really." Thinking and talking of home made his mind wander back to his family. He was lonely without them, he never realised just how much he relied on them when he had been in Oz, even when he was on Walkabout around the island he could always amble back home to his mother and father, and his siblings. But now he was on the other side of the world and they were a good six months of travelling away. He knew there was no hope of them turning up in Nova Scotia either, they were nicely settled in the tribe and had no desire to travel.

He tried his hardest not to let his inner feelings about his family show on the outside, he wasn't quite sure how he had done on that front, but it was no effort to fix his features into an interested expression as she old him of the role of her spirit guide. Asa sat there beautifully, observing the interaction between the dingo and the wolfdog, Bairds emerald orbs flicking to the otter every now and then. He hummed to himself, a simple single note, to denote that he found the information interesting. "So, she's like a guide and guardian? I can appreciate that, haven't we all needed that little helpful voice in our ear now and then?" He asked rhetorically. He then realised that he had no idea what this tribe was that she spoke of. He knew tribes, they formed them back home, were.'t many dingoes willing to affiliate themselves with dogs and call themselves packs, but a tribe was something different. He hadn't realised that they had them here and the prospect excited him a little, "Tribe? What kinda tribe?" He couldn't hide the interest in his voice, hoping for a taste of home in this strange land.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 463 OOC: Wewt!!!

Saqui wished she could have said she was like her mother. Her own bother had gone into a herd of horses and a horse had chosen her in the midsts of a stampede. Saqui did not think she could do that herself, her mother had been a horse whisperer of sorts and she had been so good with them, but she actually captured Mirage, who had been the lead mare at the time. She was entirely wild and she hated all other wolves that got near her, only Saqui had been able to get her feed and drink, but she didn’t mind, and she spent all of her free time with the horse to get her used to her. “Yes I am lucky to have her in my life. She finds it nice to be in my company and gets free food year round.” She said as though that were the reason why the horse stayed with Saqui. She believed it herself, but she didn’t know what the horse thought, she turned to the man to pay attention to what else he had to say.

She smiled as he spoke of how far his home was and that he was the odd man out, she felt the same within her family, as she was the only Utina in AniWaya, but her father would never come back, she knew that. It brought too many bad memories it seeemed. “I know how you feel. Not many want to leave the great Tribe and when one does, it brings strange and strained relationships when it is announced.” She remembered her father’s reaction, he wanted her to stay, but it was an argument she won by letting him know she would either leave in daylight with everyone seeing, or by night without anyone knowing and rumors going all over. In the end she left with permission.

She could tell Baird was doing his best to understand the idea of a spiritual guide and he got the concept well enough. She smiled and nodded; “They try to help us with what we need most to work on.” She would not tell this man what she needed to work on of course, they barely knew each other. His question actually made her brighten and straighten with pride; “The Great Tribe, well really the tribe’s sister Pack that is located here, AniWaya, we live over there a few miles away.” She pointed in the general direction of AniWaya, “It is a blessing to live there.” She said but she would not give him too much more information about the pack, it was hard not to but she knew they didn’t divulge things that stayed in the pack.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 495 End with your post? It has been a pleasure threading with you Smile

Saqui mentioned that the horse most likely stayed with her due to the free food that she got all year round, Baird thought that the food may have been a contributing factor, but maybe the horse had formed an emotional attachment. He knew from watching the brumbies back home that they were capable of affection and attachment, many family units sticking together long after the colt or filly should have left. One of the most touching shows of affection he had seen had been between a mare and her adult son. He didn't mention this to the girl, not wanting to question her beliefs. He let the subject of the horse drop and focussed on the talk of the tribe.

His ears pricked with interest as she spoke, her voice now full of enthusiasm and excitement, the tribe seemingly a strong and good subject for her. Her talk of strained relationships caused by leaving the tribe brought back memories of home and the way the elders had frowned when he had expressed his desire to travel. It seemed things in his tribe were similar to the Great Tribe that she spoke of. He nodded and added his experience in, "Aye, back home when I said I was off to adventure they didn't take it too kindly. There were a fair few insults to my intelligence and honour thrown in, luckily my family stepped in to defend me. I suppose the elders thought I was leaving so I wouldn't have to carry out my duties." He shrugged, knowing that the reason for his leaving had nothing to do with duties, but more to do with the burning ache in his bones to travel. He had never managed to get the idea across to the elders, but they had let him go in the end.

He glanced over the way that she pointed, recalling his meeting on the borders of Aniwaya with Io. The way that Saqui spoke about the pack made him think that it was a nice place, he would investigate further if he ever got the urge to settle down in this cold and strange country. She spoke of her guide as well, informing him that they were there to help them with the things they needed to improve upon. She didn't give her reason for needing the guide and he wouldn't ask, that would just be too rude. He looked to the sky then, noticing that the sun was moving steadily across the expanse of blue. He shot Saqui a genuine smile and bowed his head slightly, "Thank you for talking with me, it was nice to meet you, Mirage and Asa. I should be on my way now, but perhaps we will meet again in the future." He said, genuinely hoping that they met again.

Gelar took to the air as Baird turned to leave, heading northwards to the old human city named Halifax, not knowing that he would be staying there for a while.

<style>
[/html]