[p] to place you in a silver cage
[html]

-- ohey did you know i suck? also no, no, no business for you. DENIED FOREVER

Draugr is by Despi!

Salt and stone and earth seemed to dominate Salsola's scent, though there were the exotic scents -- the conjured ones that they draped themselves in. Draugr engaged in the practice as dutifully as any other, smearing herself with oils and all manner of plants to conceal the identity of her homeland. Perhaps even the sweetness of the raspberries could be added to their arsenal. The wolfdog's mind hummed with the possibilities, though she tried desperately to quiet those possibilities for just a moment so she might concentrate on the task at hand -- that is, actually finding these berries of so many possibilities.

There was a faint scent of sweet on the air, and though it drew Draugr's attention, she could not locate it. Having stepped a few feet away from Gale, she was quick to turn around and then return entirely upon the slave's word of their success. The earthen-hued woman turned around and hurried back, inspecting the plant with a sharp eye. It seemed small and scrawny to her, but Draugr had learned to avoid judging things on their appearances alone. Wonderful, the dark-hued woman said, smiling. She reached out to take a berry herself and sniffed at it. There was no suspicion on her face, but the wolfdog wished to memorize the plant's scent. Should it be dug up and brought to the garden, or shall we plant seeds? Draugr would defer to the slave on this matter, for she did not know the best way of growing a raspberry plant.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]
psh hooker, you're fine. I also just recently saw my mom's raspberry bushes and now know exactly what they look like >>
wordcount ► 000

Gale furrowed his brows; he had absolutely no idea how to take care of a raspberry plant. All he had ever known was how to find out, how to pluck the berries, and how to skip off without a care. "Perhaps we can trim this and dig it out, but plant it away from the herbs. I know it grows fast and long, and needs regular trimming to keep it from spreading like ivy." He did not know much else other than what his masters and the woman had told him, or that he had heard second hand or by chance. "I do not know more, Domina," he said apologetically, more happy to divulge this information than he had been about baneberries. Raspberries were not poisonous and were for healing. Surely the Lord would not find fault with him trying to help?

He carefully touched the edges of various branches, checking for weakness, death, or disease. It seemed healthy enough, and he plucked a second berry from one such branch and popped it into his mouth to taste. It was sweet as the juices ran down his throat and he smiled. Definitely the right berry. With a deft snap, he pulled the branch off the main body of the plant. He swayed it up the woman, the last few clutches of berries on it offered to her. "A taste, Domina?" he offered with a slight smile, happy that he was not being treated harshly - something he had realized moments before.

Image credited to RomeCabs. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_02 {padding:5px 0px 250px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yR5kk.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #000; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;line-height:12px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; margin: 0 auto;}
.gale_02 .inner {margin:0 10px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_02 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#480201; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_02 .wc {color:#f5bd16; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_02 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#000;}
.gale_02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000; text-shadow:#cf2a00 1px 1px 2px;}
p.gale02_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

302 There are some in my backyard -- maybe different kinds, idk. O_O Mine look like... kind of thorn bushes/whip-like vines?? Whatev. Can probably end this with the assumption of going off to plant the raspberries? 8D

Draugr is by me!

The hybrid listened attentively and gave a decisive nod of her head. She had no idea how to rear these plants beyond what Gale said; perhaps they would have to pay special attention to it at first, but if he was correct in the plant's propensity for exponential growth, this would be but a brief trial in the early life of the small thing. And -- if this one died, surely there were others, stronger plants. The hybrid watched as the slave investigated the plant, tasting of its berries. She assumed such was necessary to ascertain the quality of the plant -- and indeed, whether it was the correct one. In which case, the earthen-hued woman figured it was better Gale tasted than she did, on the off chance there was some chance of poison. While she lamented the loss of life, and especially life so useful as Gale, she would not place him before herself. None had this added favor for Draugr within Salsola.

Thank you, the hybrid said, even as she shook her head. I'd better not. When there are many raspberry plants, I will eat of them. There was a faint smile on the dark-hued muzzle, though it faded. The wolfdog tossed her nose in the general direction of the garden. Let's get it back and in the ground. While she yearned for the moment where this conquest of the wild could be shown to her fellow Salsolians, none would look kindly on her or Gale for providing them with one scrawny plant and a few berries. The dark-hued woman hoped, with time, the plant would take seed and spread. Even if it needed to be trimmed and cut back as the lemon balm and blueberries, Draugr had no doubt raspberries were a worthy pursuit.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]