[p] sorrow all across the surface roads
[html]<style>#sieLoc td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; padding:3px; font-size:11px; }
#sieLoc td.header { font-size:15px; }
#sieLoc #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:100px;height:100px;border:1px solid #000000;background-position:49% 32%;}
#sieLoc #pushpin{position:relative;left:45px;top:45px;}</style>

Setting Location Form NPCs

Date: 04 Aug

Weather: Cloudy, warm

Time: Afternoon
Optime

Myrika is by James!

Myrika was daydreaming of the horses. She'd gone to visit the bay herd the previous few days, riding Cahal far out and afield. The redhead had traveled nearly to Amherst in search of the Ghost herd. The distinctively pale stallion in the lead of that band had cried warning at Cahal, and for a moment the redhead thought he might actually charge. The lead mare took her charges to safety, though, and the gold champagne stallion, his pale tawny-gold coat shimmering in the midday heat, took off after his band. Myrika had seen what she needed to see, however -- the stallion and all five of his mares were intact and quite healthy. And, if Myrika was a judge, at least one of them was gravid, perhaps already pregnant from her time under the Boreas canines.

Her own horse snorted his disdain, the month-old colt she was stroking. He wanted to go and be near his mother, but she was holding him with a firm hand on the shoulder. She merely wanted him to get used to her scent and touch, as was proper for a horse of his age. For her part, Eira was grazing indifferently in the larger corral. Myrika pet the colt's neck and murmured his name. The spindly-legged horse snorted and started tossing around. She released him and stepped back a few paces, leaning against the fence with a frown. The blood bay immediately went to the fence and glowered at it, pacing back and forth. He cried to his mother, but the mare only looked up briefly. She returned to her grazing, paying no mind to her son.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 806 :: Sorry for the failure of posting in the first one and the lateness on the second one. Just saying, even if it goes to a month old before i post in it, just PM me and ask me if I'm gonna post, because it's more than likely that i will post ASAP. It's either that i forgot, or my muse is just shitty, but i'll write if i have to. I'll also try for it to not be shitty.

No one said that this would be easy
This is never easy.

Valkyrie had been spending a lot of her time with her birds and her felines. Mostly because Muerte now had three beautiful chicks, and Valkyrie was not only starting to teach the chicks to speak in low speech, but she was also getting them used to her and Luperci in general. The one-eyed father of the chicks had a birdies-grin on his beak as he watched Valkyrie intereact with his children. He also spoke to his children to make sure they knew that she was a good person, and that she was their 'god-mother' of sorts. He also explained their position in the pack, and that they were unde the command of Valkyrie mostly, but the other pack members might ask for something in which Valkyrie would tell them to do. This was not often though and he also informed them of this. For the most part though, they were free birds, who chose to be in the clan with Valkyrie, and in exchange for food and shelter, Valkyrie was given their services. Klok, and Hope, they were much of a different story. They stayed with Valkyrie because they thought that she was a mother of sorts to them since their mother was killed long ago when they were very young. They depended on her as much as much as any other child would, but they were getting to be the age now to where they were catching their own food, so not they only craved her attention. Not only that but Klok was getting exceptionally big, unlike any common house cat that would be walking around. Valkyrie was starting to suspect that they were mixed with some other big feline. She'd been spending a lot of time caring for her animals though, trying to find some sort of peace for her spirit that seemed to be so...chaotic as of late.

Luckily, caring for Klok and Hope, as well as Freya, Hextor, Muerte and their chicks happened to calm her. She also found some solace in reading, but not so much as of late, for every book she read as of late would have some sort of wartime theme going on and she was trying to find something else besides that to think about. She didn't want to think about what she'd done for her home against the Boreas wolves. It was warm outside today, and the Optime female felt as if she could use a good run. Klok agreed to come along with her, and Freya ended up following along as well, half wondering where Valkyrie was going and half just bored and wanting something to do. Valk welcomed her animal friends along with her and she ran out towards the Great Village. She never really spent much time there, for she still was staying in her father's shitty cave that was in the grimwell caverns. She loved buildings, so it wasn't like she didn't want to move to the Great Village, it was that it was a hassle and she would not enjoy the process of moving. Plus... She wasn't ready to leave her father's grave that laid to the side of his cave.

Sooner or later she made it to the Great Village and she decided that it was time for a good break. She panted and she sat down on the ground for a little bit, just sitting there, panting to cool off. She hadn't realized she was near corrals until she heard other horses complaining (mainly just a colt) with her large, oversized ears. Gamboge eyes looked up and then her onyx gloved hands pushed her up off the ground and she looked towards the sounds of the colt. She walked around the corner and found the sight of the colt, Myrika, and a mare a little bit more off in another corral. The tuxedo-ed, tailless feline was quick to find a perch on the fence to the corral that Myrika was in and Valkyrie walked up and rested her arms on the fence and gazed over at the Aquila. Mah' Aquila, Nice ta' see ya' this afta'noon.. spoke the girl in her accented voice that she lasped back into. Sure, she could speak without it, but she liked it in a way, so she didn't think that she needed to rid of it. At least for now. Maybe later she would drop it again, for she was known for doing this too.

Who's dat handsome boy? asked the girl, feeling less talkative than normal today. She also didn't know if Myrika would even have her presence at the moment or if the Aquila would be happier left alone. If that was the case, she would probably seek out Sascha Ulrich and converse with the mute.

<style>
.valky-Miyu {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.valky-Miyu img{width:300px; float:left}
.valky-Miyu p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.valky-Miyu p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.valky-Miyu .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.valky-Miyu p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.valky-Miyu b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#AA0000;text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #000000;}
</style>
image © Miyu!

[/html]
[html]

(416)

Myrika is by me!

Leaning on the fence Myrika's eyes were drawn to a lean black shape. It crawled along down near the base of the fence for a time, and then with a single leap, landed neatly on the fence itself. From there, Morcant climbed up onto the roof of the lean-to stables, slipping inside through the crack in the door. There were sounds of a scuffle, and Myrika winced, wondering if it had been a chicken or chick or pest the cat killed. She soon found out, for the cat emerged from the stables through the door this time. There was a rather large rat in his jaws, its rear end dragging against the ground as the cat carried it off. Myrika grinned as she watched the cat retreat away from the noisy stables and toward the quieter house. He often crept around the stone foundation of the school's demolished outbuilding. It had been knocked down in the time of humanity, Myrika thought, but perhaps they hadn't the time to finish the job.

Morcant stopped suddenly, and veered away, slinking to the other side of the schoolhouse. Myrika blinked and was surprised to find Valkyrie and a small feline making their way toward her. She straightened up a bit, and Mili, too, then took notice of them. He stamped his feet impatient and glowered at Myrika, tossing his head to show his annoyance with this added presence. Myrika reached out and gave the colt a swat on his flank, then turned around to face Valkyrie, paying him no mind. Mili paced and continued to call for his mother, who seemed perfectly content to enjoy her extended break from the colt. Myrika murmured a greeting toward the cat, appraising the black and white feline with cool eyes. There was a great difference between her slinking feral animal and this domesticated being, though the differences were not so much physical as behavioral. Morcant approached only when it was quiet and Myrika was alone, and only at the coaxing of some food. Otherwise, he remained as far away as possible, and did his pest-hunting with precision.

Hey Valkyrie, she greeted, smiling. It's been a while, good to see you, too. Her eyes glanced toward Mili and her smile faltered a moment. Eira's colt, probably by Viggo. Ezekiel's horse, you know? she said, appraising the animal with a wary eye. I fear he's inherited a temper from one of his parents, at least.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 474 :: Everytime I type colt, I accidentally type cotl first because....yeah...I just thought you should know Tongue It's never the other way around though. I never type colt when I'm trying to type cotl.

This is never easy.

Klok wasn't expecting a greeting from the Aquila, but he received one anyways. He looked at the woman with his emerald eyes and he mewed a greeting back to her. It was bitterly toned, but respectful than he normally was with coyotes he didn't know. He knew Myrika though, because she was head huncho around these parts, and he'd been there when she had announced her rise to power and the departure of Ezekiel. Klok knew not to disrespect her to where it would seem like Valkyrie's fault, so he didn't. He found a comfortable spot on the fence and he too, looked at the horses. Valkyrie's sudden presence behind him had startled him and he flinched as Valkyrie pressed her hand upon the spine of the growing feline.

The colt seemed to be very unhappy about not only his separation from his mother, but also that his mother was blatently ignoring his calls. Hell, she barely even lifted her head to see if the Luperci were trying to kill him or something (even though coming from Myrika or Valkyrie there was little chance that they would be doing so) but it was comical to Valkyrie and she gave a small giggle to show that. Handsome, but got uh' bit of uh' mouth dhere. the woman commented as she looked back at Myrika. Myrika spoke to her of how it had been some time, and that it was nice to see her, as well as that this colt was sired by Viggo. She then spoke of how he inheirted his parents' temper. Valkyrie chuckled lightly. She called to the colt in low speech, and she asked if he could come closer, so they could talk. She did this and then turned her head to Myrika. Yer lucky ya got Eira to foal. Been tryin' ta' let Freya be wit' one of da' males, but she won't let dhem mate. Like, die whole time she was in heat. spoke Valkyrie, a soft sigh coming from her maw as she looked at the colt again and just then she heard hooves clumping against the ground. She turned her head and saw that Freya finally caught up with Valk and Klok.

She muttered a welcome back to Freya and the brown eyes Fjord steed nudged her and then looked to the Aquila, and then to the colt, and finally to Eira. When she saw Eira, she threw her head in a cheerful greeting to the other steed. Freya then gave a questioning look to Valkyrie and to Myrika, as if to ask if she could go see Eira, and have some quality time with a friend. Freya, I don't think she'll mind. spoke the Preafectus, a smile going across her maw as she patted the steed's neck.

<style>
.valky-Miyu {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.valky-Miyu p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.valky-Miyu b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#AA0000;text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #000000;}
</style>
image © Miyu!

[/html]
[html]

302 I do that sometimes too. XD PP Mili/Eira however you'd like. c:

Myrika is by James!

Yeah, Myrika agreed, frowning at Mili. Viggo wasn't that hot-tempered, if I remember right? she said. Eira had been headstrong in youth, but as Myrika's experience grew, so did the horse's trust. The woman's ears twitched with the speech Valkyrie made, and she peered toward her in interest. The low speech had always been fascinating to the redhead, but she had never attempted to learn. A failed attempt or two at speaking Spanish with Thamur had turned her off foreign languages entirely -- though horse wasn't so much foreign as it was an entirely different sort of speech.

The hybrid shifted her weight on the fence, looking toward Valkyrie with interest. While the sexuality of her own species in all its various forms was an inapproachable subject to Myrika, the redhead could approach animal husbandry with a dry interest that bordered on scientific. Well... you -- can talk to her, right? You've explained why you'd like her to foal? the woman asked.

Her blue-green eyes watched the display between horse and owner, and she felt strangely elated and faintly guilty, as if she'd witnessed secret whispers not meant for other ears. Perhaps she, too, could talk to Eira and even Cahal in such a manner? She wondered if Farai would be much the same as her horses. Swallowing half her questions, she simply grinned.

Go ahead, the hybrid said. Mili will have to watch and learn he's not always going to get what he wants. The colt was standing forlornly at one corner of the corral, glowering at Valkyrie with an almost malicious eye. Myrika did not like that look, but this colt was more problematic than Lystra had been upon first arriving in Inferni after suffering all the injustices of her past.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 505 :: xD I'm glad I'm not the only one then. Sorry for the wait. Valkyrie bores me to death. I miss Cotl. ;.;

This is never easy.

When the Aquila spoke of Viggo and how his temperment was, the Praefectus giggled lightly. You must not have known Viggo well then, My Aquila. the woman giggled out between her lips. Her lyrics were smooth, and not accented. She was known to lapse in and out of the accent, and not many seemed to actually notice or care to bring it up, so she never really thought about how she did it or really why she did it. Valkyrie placed her hand on Klok's back, and she stroked the obedient feline she had raised him to be. He still was weird around others, especially those who could not speak to him in low speech, but that was all just an act. Valkyrie knew that he knew the high speech that the canids used, because she had taught him herself. He just pretended to not understand, because he was somewhat of an asshole about that sort of thing. Viggo was ten times more arrogant than Zeke. There was little that Viggo would not get mad at. spoke the Praefectus, remembering a time where Maschine, Cotl's horse, and Viggo got into a fight over a mare that Viggo didn't even want to breed with. Viggo was the main stallion, and he knew it, and wouldn't let a lot of the other stallions breed, much less step anywhere close to a mare in heat.

When Myrika spoke of how Valkyrie could talk to Freya, and if she had explained to her why she wanted Freya to foal, Valkyrie nodded her head. She chuckled before she spoke and she leaned on the fencing of the corral. She told me that my reasoning was not good 'nough. An' ta come back when I had a better excuse. spoke the Massacre child, as she shook her head and she looked to Freya, and she gave the okay for her to go to Eira after Myrika had told her that it was okay. She listened on to the words of the Aquila and she giggled lightly again. She noticed then that the colt was giving her death glares from his corner. Valkyrie explained to the colt that giving her the stink-eye was not going to get him out of the corral any faster. In fact, the longer he looked at her and was anti-social, the longer he would stay away from his mother. She failed to tell him that the reason he was separated from his mother was because he was gonna be weaned, because she did not want to freak him out. He didn't seem all that friendly though, and once she was done talking to him, she looked back to Myrika.

He's definitely Viggo's son. What do'ya plan on doin with him? Were you looking for another horse when Eira and Viggo hooked up, or did it just kinda...happen? asked the woman to her Aquila, the Praefectus wondering what she was planning on doing with the young colt.

<style>
</style>
image © Miyu!

[/html]
[html]

-- why not bring cotl back?

Myrika is by me!

The coyote tilted her head and tried to remember. It seemed to her Viggo was mostly well-behaved -- naturally, Ezekiel hadn't trusted anyone else to ride him, but she remembered the journey they'd taken to the far north. Viggo hadn't misbehaved terribly on that particular trek. She frowned, and shrugged. You knew him better, she agreed. It was difficult to think about Viggo without thinking about Ezekiel in turn, and the wheat-hued woman was glad for the shift toward Freya. She supposed that was rather fair -- though it made her wonder if there were things she asked her horses to do that they'd rather not do.

Pondering that, her large coyote's ears listened intently to the way Valkyrie spoke, and she smiled, though the smile faded as she looked to Mili, who did not appear to be in the mood to respond. The colt merely continued to glower at Valkyrie and then Myrika. The tawny hybrid huffed a sigh, figuring the non-answer to be just that before Valkyrie confirmed. She offered up a shrug of well-defined shoulders and smiled. Just kind of happened. Eira did it on her own, in any case -- didn't have to ask her. I think she needed a foal? I dunno, she was young when I got her, so Mili is probably her first.

She looked toward the colt doubtfully. I dunno. Three horses is a lot to care for. I'm lucky Kaena helps me and does what she can, but... the hybrid shrugged, trailing off. Kaena was old and could only do so much.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.freeb4 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fe564a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeb4-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeb4 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px 10px 10px;margin:0px;}
.freeb4 {width:400px;border:1px solid #65130d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... freeb4.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:90px;background-color:#f3bbc6;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#65130d;}
</style>

ooc: table © jenny; Because I don't want to drop Valkyrie. I have a stupid attachment to her, like I do with Cotl. And if you haven't noticed, my activity has been such shit that I don't think it's even worth it to try to apply for another charrie. +3(473)

Valkyrie looked at the beautiful colt. She was jealous of the ownership of the colt, for Mili was truly a marvelous Blood bay colt. Valkyrie was almost entanced by the movements of the graceful colt, and though he did not express much interest in her, Valkyrie expressed much interest in the colt herself. Valkyrie spoke yet again to Mili, asking him how old he was, and complimenting him on how handsome and strong he looked. She simply was trying to get him to come closer, so that she could become better aquainted with the colt, for she figured that she might be seeing more of him around eventually, once he was able to be ridden.

Myrika spoke to her about how Eira bred on her own, and Valkyrie nodded her head. Sounds like she wanted to have her a little baby then. spoke the woman as she cast her gaze over to Freya and Eira, who were talking to each other, and being friendly. Freya liked Eira, she was a nice mare, and she was glad to have a friend to talk to every once in awhile when they were actually able to see each other. Valkyrie was glad that Freya was finally getting out of that shell that she had shoved herself into when she was given to her by Sven. Valkyrie smiled at the two mares before she looked back to Mili, and then to Myrika. Klok gave a meow before he jumped down into the corral and started to venture towards the colt, almost in defiance of the death glares that the colt was giving Valkyrie. It was then that Myrika spoke again, of how she didn't know what she was gonna do with the colt. That it was a little much to take care of three horses, and Kaena helped out. Valkyrie took the hint. Kaena was old, and could not properly spend the time that the horses needed to be trained correctly. There was no way that Kaena could keep up with a young, fiery colt like Mili.

Valkyrie put her hand to her chin for a moment and she looked at her Aquila. She quickly cast her gaze to Klok and Mili, in which the colt was stomping the ground as the feline drew closer. At one point the colt chased after the feline, but he was stopped by the corral gates, since the feline wiggled under the fence before the colt could get to him. The cat was fairly lucky that he did not have a tail, or the colt might have caught him. Klok, you're an idiot. she told the feline with a giggle and a shake of her head. He'd make a beautiful steed to ride. I can take him off your hands for you, if you'd like Myrika. He seems like a handful, but he ain't nothing that I can't handle. You have other things to worry about anyways besides them, and I know Kaena won't be able to keep up with him, if not now, then not ever. spoke the woman to the other as she looked at her with her gamboge eyes and a smile on her maw. If Myrika wanted to give Mili to her, then that would be awesome, and if not, then Valkyrie could always just watch the beautiful colt from afar. Or offer to at least help the Aquila care for him, or her other horses.

[/html]
[html]

406 You could always attach Cotl as Val's NPC and get more interaction that way? That's how I get my Kaefix anyway. o__o

Myrika is by Raze!

She remembered Element, and the conversation they had about the ownership of Morcant. Myrika neither made him stay nor enticed him to go, and the cat stayed of his own accord. Could the same be said of her horses? The tawny hybrid had been troubled over the question ever since it occurred to her. The horses were not free as the cat was -- they were penned or stabled. Mili, surely, would want to leave -- maybe even regardless of his mother's wishes or whereabouts. This depended heavily on whether the colt valued his desired freedom or the safety and comfort of his mother very much. And, in the end -- was it even alright to allow him to make such a choice as that? Surely, his youth and horse brain meant he couldn't understand the probability of his death should he separate from his mother and go wild.

Thoughts of the agency of horses did not disappear so easily; Valkyrie proposed Eira's choice in the matter, and the tawny hybrid could only nod mutely in agreement. She was thoughtfully considering, watching the interaction of the two mares. Her gaze followed the advance of the cat, and though a chord of anxiety struck within her, Myrika had seen Morcant dash and leap quickly enough to hold her tongue on the matter. The hybrid was still considering the matter when the commotion almost turned ugly; her hand leapt to her muzzle as the cat just barely evaded the colt's hooves. She was able to laugh thereafter, once the feline was safe, but she still felt her heart beating quickly.

The hybrid listened with mounting dismay, however, as Valky continued. Her ears drooped, and she thought hard. Though it was practical to rid herself of a horse, Myrika sentimentally clung to the idea of raising the colt of Ezekiel's horse. Maybe in the hopes that someday he'd return riding Viggo and she could depart in much the same manner on Mili. He's awfully young to get taken away from mom yet, she said, doubtfully. You're right, though. It is a lot to handle. She wavered, shrugging her shoulders. Let me think about it. She dared not share her petty sentimentalities about Ezekiel and Viggo, nor the debate about the agency of horses. Thanks, she added, smiling. How would you get him to be your friend? He doesn't seem to much appreciate talking.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.freeb4 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fe564a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeb4-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeb4 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px 10px 10px;margin:0px;}
.freeb4 {width:400px;border:1px solid #65130d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... freeb4.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:90px;background-color:#f3bbc6;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#65130d;}
</style>

ooc: I'm just gonna try to pick him up. Also, I doubt that Valky and Cotl would want anything to do with each other. Valk prolly would think that Cotl is too loud and vulgar. +3(422)

Valkyrie had always been there for Klok and Hope, which was why they stayed with the coyote and the clan. Klok liked no other coyote, or luperci really than his 'mother' and the only reason he stayed was because Valkyrie fed him and took care of him when he needed it. Other times, he would seek out her company. Klok was a needy feline, he preferred being with someone rather than being alone like his other feline counterparts. Freya, on the other hand, was always owned by someone, so she never knew what it was really like to be 'free'. She didn't know if she'd want to be free because of the chance of being eaten by a predator. With Valkyrie in the clan, at least she was safe from that, even if they liked to go to war sometimes. It wasn't like Valkyrie was stupid enough to ride her into battle anyways, so there was little that worried her. She'd rather be groomed, and ridden, and talked to by a luperci than to have to deal with others of her kind, grooming, feeding, and 'riding' her.

When Valkyrie heard that the woman would think about it, she nodded her head. She also agreed that he was too young to be separated from his mother. Valkyrie understood this, and she cast her gaze to the colt before Myrika asked her how she was going to make him her friend. She was right, he wasn't much of a talker, at least not yet. I'm sure he'll start talkin sooner 'er later. Gotta find out what he wants ta' talk about, or gotta talk to him when he's in a better mood. Ain't happy right now because his momma is all the way over there. He's just worried about her. spoke the girl to the Aquila as she watched the colt stomp his feet and look over to his mother. He called for her as if she really could come back to him. Valkyrie looked from Milli to Freya, who stuck her head in the fence and greeted Eira with a bump her her nose. The two mares chatted, nickering back and forth, even seeming to laugh and joke about something or another.

When he's with his mom, he's a lot nicer, ya' think? I mean, it seems like he loves her a lot. the woman spoke to the other, a smile drawing on her maw as she looked to the Aquila.

[/html]