[p] through the fog and mist
[html]
(321) Dated for the 6th, mid-afternoon.

"Lena, slow down!" "No, you keep up!" the girl stated over her shoulder as she quickly gallopped away from Cody. Only a few minutes ago she had convinced her brother that she would behave and go to the river for a drink quietly and calmly. And he actually believed her! She giggled as she heard the boy groan behind her, catching up on the sudden distance she had put between them. She headed towards the Glen, where her brother disliked her going in fear she she may run into a tree. But, she doubted that would happen, and picked up the pace when she heard him catching up to her.

At one point, he nearly had her, but she heard him tumble as he almost pounced on her. He called out her name again, but she only laughed in reply. She allowed herself to slow enough for Cody to follow at a close distance, knowing that if she totally ditched him, she'll never hear the end of it. But, what would she do for a day by herself without her brother breathing down her neck! Yet, she enjoyed his company, and couldn't imagine going long without his quiet conversations and reasoning.

Clicking her teeth and claws so often and giving the trees a wide range, she weaved her way through the woods and only stopped when she felt tired and needed to catch her breath. She suddenly slid onto her stomach, heavily breathing and laughing, and rolled around in the soft grass. A thud of paws neared her, and a fluffy mass pushed into her, which spoke worriedly though stiffly, "Lena, are you okay? Did you trip on something, a rock?" With a hearty half-sigh, half-laugh, she pushed Cody away with her paws, but touched her nose to his haunches, stating confidently, "I'm okay, mama. I know exactly where I am going--no rock is going to get the best of me out here!"

[/html]
[html]

WC:394

There was much going in on the pack lands, and the male knew that Sky’s pups where being more independent with each passing day, and that meant Sky was pressed thinner and thinner. The silver male felt he was obligated to help Sky look after these two pups, since these where his brother’s litter. That made Cody his nephew and little Lena his niece. The male could not help but to feel bad for Lena, she was blind, and used Cody to see. The silver male knew that at some point in either one of their lives, the other might want to be away from the troubling duo they had made.

The male made sure that when he was not dealing with his herbal studies and healing studies, he had been trying to keep an eye and ear out for the children. He knew Deuce would nag at him also about watching out for her grand babies since he has failed to provide her with any. He could hear the whole conversation between the two of them, without even having to have it.
These two did not seem to mind having one another tagging along; well Lena seems to get more put off about the matter then Cody. Good, it was important for a Rhiannon child to be cool and calm; there was already a lot working against him. Seeing Lena loose her footing the male gasped and snarled as he moved to where Lena was sliding. That was it, she was going to stick around the den of the meadow when one of the adult took them (well more so Lena)”Lena, are you okay?” The male rushed over sniffing around her. ”You should have known better going this far away from the den. What where you even thinking being out this far with out talking to your mother or I? Stand up the both of you. We are going back to the den, and having a talk with your mother. I am sure we can all agree that you will be grounded to the mouth of the den for the next few moons, if not the rest of your childhood!” The male sighed and shook his head. ”Lena, Cody…I love you like you’re my own, but your Father, Mother, and Grandmother would eat me alive if I let either of you get hurt!”

<style type="text/css">
.noahuniverse .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:15px; padding:4px; color:#ccccee}
.noahuniverse .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:15px; padding:4px; color:#808080}
.noahuniverse b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#80a1bb; letter-spacing:1px; }
.noahuniverse {margin:0 auto; width:446px; background-color:#1d1c1c; background-image:url(http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9269/noahtop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: shonar bangla; font-size:15px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
By Noelle
[/html]
[html]
(385) Uncle Noah the party pooper. |: and Lena, cool the 'tude.

She could tell from Cody's silence that he was unimpressed by her answer, but before she could state that she was alright, snarling and gasps broke out. Both of the kids yelped at the sound, Lena obviously more frightened by the noise than her brother was. But, when she realized it was only uncle Noah by his voice and scent, she was relieved for a second. "Yeah, I am okay!" she repeated brightly as he poked her around with his nose. But, before she could say anything else, the male spoke again, and what he said stunned her.

Many times she tried to interject, but he continued to speak anyway. When he demanded for them to get up and stated that they were going back to the den, the boy was quick to listen, while the girl whined and remained stubbornly on the ground. This wasn't fair! All she wanted to do was run a bit, and do something other than to sit around the den and do nothing. It wasn't fair at all--it wasn't as if she was doing something dangerous.

The mention of being grounded was what set her blood to a boil. As if sensing her anger, Cody tried to calm her down with a nuzzle against her neck, but she shook him off. Their uncle had barely finished speaking and she had began to rattle off. "Why am I being grounded? Because I tripped? That's not fair! If anything, ground the rock that tripped me!" "Lena..." the boy murmured, still trying to talk her down. "Cody, no; he's trying to ground you, too, and you did nothing wrong either! He's wrong!"

Now she stood up, and marched right up to Noah's face--though she blankly stared into his chest. "Why were you following us, anyway? Can't all of you even trust us? We know this territory like the back of our paws, so we're okay!" She didn't understand why everyone was so flustered over her and Cody. They didn't fuss over Lucia, so why were they the main focus? Lena didn't know that they were actually concern for her, not her brother, and it seemed that she was stubborn to ignore the fact that she was blind. She was perfectly okay, and her uncle was making a big deal out of nothing!

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 410 :: Out of Character text.

Rage…blind rage for how this child spoke to him, off all males in this pack land, the child made the choice to say something along those lines to him. The male snarled his lips pulled up around his lips as he looked down at her. He knew she was blind and, he was also missing part of his sight. Maybe that was why he worried more over her being out here with her brother. The male offered a low, low pitched snarl before snapping, and quickly like a snake the male’s head reach out and went at her big pup ears, and gave her a rather quick but harsh nip. Her tone with him was not respectable of what a child should speak to its elders. ”Walk! Or, I will carry you Lena.” His voice rumbled in his chest, he was no pleased with her.

The male looked to the brother with a snarl”Young man, you should have known better bring your sister out here when she’s blind. You two are pups; Amy could have come in and stole you Cody and then what would happen to Lena? Do either of you think of that? I don’t think you where. Cody what if you feel down and got hurt? How stupidly, foolish you both were!” Noah was not please with either child, he was mad at Cody but scared for Lena she seemed to be the braver of the two and she should have been more revered. ”Cody I will be talking to the pack about a proper punishment for taking Lena out this far away from the pack den. Lena, you have earned a week’s worth of daily classes with me, on whatever topic I feel like teaching you about. Starting now! Do you understand young lady?” The male didn’t really care if she liked it or not. IF she was going to wonder around like a wolf that can see, she was going to learn how to make it around without Cody’s help and use the elements around her to get around for the most part. ”Now go Cody. Back to the pack den with you. Lena you are going to stay put.” The male lowered his massive grey head down to the male child and giving him a soft push. He was not going to be as harsh on him as he was his sister, after all he held his tongue in the right time and place.

<style type="text/css">
.hctsnoah b {font-weight:bold; color:#6287b3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#2f332d 1px 1px 2px;}
.hctsnoah p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.hctsnoah p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.hctsnoah .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#6287b3; text-shadow:#2f332d 1px 1px 2px;}
.hctsnoah p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.hctsnoah {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#4e4f48; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Xg3Qf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2f332d; padding:470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7f8796; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by:Raze
[/html]
[html]
(416)

Some part of her told her that she should not have spoken so rashly. The slight uncertainty grew into a slight regret, but still she did not speak any apology, nor planned to. Thinking back on it later, she probably should have. A searing pain flashed on her ear, and she whined and yelped loudly as Noah nipped her. She recoiled onto the ground and pawed at the bit ear; she felt no blood, but did it hurt. She wanted to cry, since she was unfamiliar to pain. But, she swallowed another whine that was rising in her throat and put on a brave face as she stood up and followed the male's command.

She felt her brother looking at her, and for a moment she wondered what he thought about all of this. When Noah started to speak so harshly at her brother, her ears pinned against her head, but she learned her lesson and kept quiet as the man chided at him. Slightless, yes, but she could just picture the shame he must have felt, how his head must have been bowing deeply. Lena stepped towards her brother and touched her nose into the crook of his neck--an apology in their "language". When their uncle address his own fate, all Cody murmured was a docile, "Okay, Noah." His answer saddened her more than his silence.

She faced the man as he spoke to her, and as he stated that she would be having classes, she wondered if they were going to be about manners or something as equally boring. "Okay, Noah," she repeated, though her tone sounded more defeated than Cody's. She stood away as the silver male guided her brother into the direction of the den. Again, all he whispered was an "okay". Once he was out of earshot, she turned back to Noah and desperately begged, "I'll do whatever classes you have for me, but please don't get Cody in trouble! He didn't do anything bad, really! I told him we where going to the river, a-and I tricked him and ran out here! He tried to stop me, he really did! Don't get him in trouble...!"

She never acted like that, being the prideful girl she was, but her pride was forsaken for her brother; she would not stand there and let him get in trouble that he didn't derserve yet accepted without compliant.

[/html]
[html]
Totally seeing a mental image of Lion King.

It sent his mind for a lope about how the boy could have been so foolish Cody was with his sister, the male knew that he wanted his punishment to be less than his sister, the male would have his grandmother find something for the boy to do. Noah wanted the male to learn about taking charge when there was danger and not allowing his sister to lead him so blindly(metaphorically of course) into what could have been her falling down and breaking her paw. The Male did not want the child to come into any pain.

After seeing that the boy was all gone, the male stood up and faced her with a sigh, laying down as he touched her with his nose, letting her know where he was laying. ”Listen Lena...I’m worried that you're going to get hurt. I know you're blind and you know that the word is black to you. Lena....I want you to know how to run free around these lands without Cody. It’s hard...trust me...” The male paused as he sighed and held his breath, unsure whether or not to tell the child about his own sight issue.”Your grandfather Lucifer..hurt me bad, I have lost half of my hearing and half of my sight. So today's lesson is about useing other things, other then your eyes to see. I’m not going to lie...it’s going to very hard. However, I won’t let you get hurt too badly. You need to learn. I’m sorry but I worry that you could get hurt far more than just a fall. Lena...I worry that you’ll hurt yourself bad enough that you lose a leg. “ The male rolled to his feet as he gave her a soft nudge with his nose. ”Stand up. lesson starts now!” The teacher that was going to help her learn how to be more independent with or without Cody. The male back up ten feet, turning his good eye to her, ”Walk to Lena” The male wanted to see if she could do with that same pride that she had before.

<style type="text/css">
.vcnoah1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000;}
.vcnoah1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vcnoah1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#738c64; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... hinkso.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 4px 4px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#182018; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 365
by: Vannah[/html]
[html]
(503) good, so I wasn't the only one thinking of some mix of a Kiara/Simba situation. x3

She listened closely after she had made her plea, but all that answered her was a sigh. While she was not happy with that sort of reply, she could only hoped that Noah would not give her brother a hard punishment that he did not require to have. Now silent, she followed the guidance of his nose and laid close to his side despite the flash of anger that had ligthed between them only moments ago. She still loved her uncle as strongly as ever, and she wanted him to know that.

Lena was quiet as Noah talked, and part of her wanted to speak out and state that she was not hurt, and that she never will. But, she now knew better than to back talk the male; her ear still felt the tiniest of stings were he had nipped her. But, when he mentioned going about without Cody, she was slightly confused at first. When was there a day did she go without her brother at one point or another? Though she would not admit it, she depended on her brother more than she would even realize. And now having the idea of not having her guide at her side made her a little nervous.

She did not allow any such emotion like that to come upon her face, but when he started to tell her something that she guessed was an uncomfortable subject for him, judging by the moment of pause between his words when he held his breath in, her face contorted to one of sadness. She hardly had the slightest clue that the man was half-blind and half-deaf, and saw him in a whole new prespective; she wondered how he felt to be in two worlds, of both silence and noise, darkness and color. She became even more depressed as he voiced his true worries, and pressed closer to him. His uneven hobble that she could hear reminded her daily of the difficulty he went through everyday, but now with the other things he mentioned being put into play, she now felt more respect and humility towards him.

She faced up as he stood up, and blinked in surprise but nevertheless followed the order he issued to her and rose to her feet. She listened as he walked away, unsure if she should follow him or wait until he told her to do something or what. She heard him stop a couple of feet away, and heard his commanding voice again. Without delay, she followed after Noah with a confident gait, following the sound of his voice and his scent trail with the upmost of ease. She approached his side once more and was still quiet as she stared blankly ahead, waiting for what was next, though the slight wag of her thick tail showed that she was eager to prove how good she was to her uncle, as well as the bit of excitment she felt, for she was learning something that was really going to help her.

[/html]
[html]

WC:290+

Noah wanted his brother’s children to be safe. He wanted them safe and happy, and right now he knew that Lena wasn’t too happy with him. This was as close as he ever wanted to get to have a litter of his own. Noah knew that he could love them, and help them grow into wonderful pack members. The silver Subord ultimately hoped that both of the Rhiannon children would stay and grow old with the pack.

Watching with his good eye, the male could see within the child’s body that she was allowing the information that the Sawtooth Uncle go and sink into her head, the male would not allow the child to think that talking back was not okay. Elders where wise, and the male wanted to install that with in both children.

Watching her move smoothly like she had both eyes and everything was in color, and had shapes. The Uncle’s tail shook with great pride. There was hope for the child to be without her brother. ”Great job Lena!” The male woofed ever so proudly at the young girl.

Laying down the male made sure to brush his tail over her back, so she knew where he had placed him-self. The male was so happy to be able to watch her grow from the time that Sky had brought them to New Dawn. It was sad that they had not seen their father in many moons, but the male would try to love both kids enough for and Uncle and a father. ”So Lena…was it easier or harder without Cody at your side to guide you?” The male questioned. Noah wanted to know where to take her lessons. Her punishment was a different lesson that she would learn by her-self in the pack den.

<style type="text/css">
.noahuniverse .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:15px; padding:4px; color:#ccccee}
.noahuniverse .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:15px; padding:4px; color:#808080}
.noahuniverse b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#80a1bb; letter-spacing:1px; }
.noahuniverse {margin:0 auto; width:446px; background-color:#1d1c1c; background-image:url(http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9269/noahtop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: shonar bangla; font-size:15px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
By Noelle
[/html]
[html]
(321) I'm a slow loser. ; ;

The praise did not fall on deaf ears. The girl's tail wagged even faster at the positive critism, and briefly wondered if this was all the lesson was going to be. No, she thought--she knew Noah was going to teach her something she wouldn't otherwise know, something good. She was prepared for him to walk off again, perhaps a greater distance than the last, for her to follow, but she felt the rush of fur over her back, and she snuggled close to her uncle as he laid down once more. He wasn't her father, but he was the closest thing she had to a fatherly figure, now having the underlining discomfort for Taliesin since the last time she and her family visited the d'Artisan borders. So when his pride hit her, it was heart felt.

She perked up at his question. "It was easier," she answered immediately with gusto, and added jokingly, "It's nice to have Cody with me, but his squabbles can be distracting." While she felt this was enough to say, she decided that Noah would probably want more elaboration on her part. "It was easy to follow you because I could hear you and smell you. But I could--" She stressed that word, hoping to show that there was only the slimmest of possibilities "--have tripped on a stick or something, something that would be hard to sense, that Cody could warn me about. So it was kinda easy and kinda not."

She still wouldn't realize it, but she really appreciated her brother's care more than she was letting on. While she fully believed that she could help herself, Cody did aid her in ways she couldn't do herself, like the minor things and bigger things like holes and slight cliffs. But she wouldn't admit this easily, yet it was slightest obvious with the mention of the sticks that the twin did guide her from larger objects.

[/html]