Just Checking Up
[html]
Thread Information
Date: July 27th-ish, 2012

Setting: Halifax

Time: Afternoon

Character Form: Optime

Dress: Bow and quiver of arrows (also check profile for new fur coloring ref!)
[/html]

[html]

I invited X'ies to play if he wanted, if that's okay?

For the first time in a very, very long time Jaden’s true colors were beginning to show… literally. Before leaving for their trip of diplomacy the Issum had forgotten to dye his fur. It irritated him incredibly. Ever since he was six months old the white had either been dyed a deep red or, more recently, completely black. Now it was a lightening grey where the white was mixing with black. He would have to find the means to fix it once he got back home.

But when would that be? A few weeks maybe? The Nomad was truly beginning to miss home and the company there in. Being with X’ies wasn’t as excruciating as he had thought it might be, but still he was only just past being an enemy. It was nice to be alone now, but it would be nicer to find a refreshingly emotional encounter in the woman he now searched for. Rio had told him of her plans to find a home down this way. Jaden had been smelling for her all along their travels. Finding a trace of the dark woman’s smell just outside of Halifax had been enough to call for a day off from their travels. X’ies hadn’t seemed interested in following him into the town though he had offered. The alpha had nothing to hide from his companion. Of course he was hard to read. Jaden half expected to find him slyly stalking around some corner, making sure he wasn’t gone out to find Amy or something similar.

But such suspicions were immature. X’ies had enough respect not to do something deceitful like that… hopefully. Jaden concentrated on finding Rio then. The decaying human city around him was large but not all of it smelled of her. He would find her eventually this day and hopefully without much hostile attention in the city. He knew from experience that the buildings made perfect ambush points for highwaymen. He stood strong in his optime form and ready for anything.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.longbeach-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.longbeach b {font-weight:bold; color:#440202; letter-spacing:1px}
.longbeach p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.longbeach {margin:0 auto; background-color:#d9d3b3; background-image:url(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... h500px.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f6c8b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

fine with me ! [WC: 260 | Pts: 0]

The stray woman found herself walking along the empty streets of Halifax more and more as her house filled up with guests. She guessed it was her habit of escaping everything around her – people, her ‘group’, responsibilities – though, she didn’t mind those when she was alone. Maybe Rio was just a loner at heart, but in the same sense, she couldn’t stand wandering around forever. She walked along a street with her arms crossed loosely across her chest; the street had many stores, which some were broken into and trashed completely. She had no desire to shop today; she just wanted to walk.

Her eyes passed lazily over the cracked glass and some of the broken down doors – seeing bricks had been thrown through some windows and some doors had been hacked down with axes. What a hostile city! She wondered if the damage was done by wolves or humans long ago… However, her thoughts were broken just as a faint familiar scent lingered in the air around her – Jaden! Rio’s tailed wagged involuntarily behind her, and she turned around in place to see if she saw him anywhere. She didn’t, but she knew he was around somewhere. She threw her head back, leaning against the wall because that made her dizzy when she was on two legs, and howled a short song. Just so that he could find her location. She brought her head back to its normal place, but still leaned on the wall – with a shoulder now, rather than a hand. Just so she could look cool.

<style type="text/css">
.axesam-sdb0109 b {font-weight:bold; color:#db52dc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.axesam-sdb0109 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.axesam-sdb0109 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.axesam-sdb0109 {margin:0px auto; width:470px; background-color:#fafefe; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EWyP5.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #eeddee; padding: 10px 0px 340px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

PGP+2 Words-200+

A happy and excited smile spread over Jaden’s maw at the sound of Rio’s call. She must have caught his scent. That it was a call meant for someone else was possible but he recognized the voice well enough. He picked up his pace and picked his way around broken glass, decaying cars, and decrepit buildings toward the sound.

Rio was charming and kind hearted. He continued smiling as he though back to their previous meetings. Her bird and his attitude, he wondered if he would see the feathered thing again. There was a lot more respect for bird tamers in his body after having to take care of one for only a short time. And her lavender eyes were such a pretty color. He rounded a building and found her resting against a worn wall. Rio! How wonderful to finally find you. Her body was still not as shapely as Amy’s or even X’yrin’s but she had a unique beauty about her that he recognized every time. Most of it sat in those lavender eyes and he tried to hold her gaze. How have you been? He took stock of her with a quick and respectful gaze. Looked healthy and smelled like she might be spending time around other wolves. The woman was doing good for herself.

<style type="text/css">
.longbeach-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.longbeach b {font-weight:bold; color:#440202; letter-spacing:1px}
.longbeach p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.longbeach {margin:0 auto; background-color:#d9d3b3; background-image:url(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... h500px.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f6c8b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

[WC: 241 | Pts: 0] – You know you spelled begging wrong in your table, right? O.O

A light colored man rounded a corner, and at first she didn’t know who it was. He spoke to her as if he knew her, but she didn’t know him. She looked him over, and suddenly realized it was Jaden. With a confused expression, she made it obvious as she pushed off of the wall she leaned on and encircled him. ”What happened to your black fur?” He looked weird to her being light colored now. She always remembered him as a dark man with scars and pretty blue eyes. He looked weird to her now.

Once she stopped circling him, she stopped before him. ”Anyway, I have been good actually. I have others living in my house with me – but I’m thinking of actually joining Cour des Miracles.” She realized that even if she liked Aro, that his personality just didn’t fit with hers. He was too much of a free spirit, and she wanted to have someone just for her, and not share them with the rest of the land. Jaden would have been a great someone for her, if he wasn’t taken.

She let her gaze lingered over him for a moment – obvious, again. As always. Now that she got to know him more – letting her eyes explore without hiding it wasn’t so awkward. She wasn’t aware how he felt – but she was sure he might have been proud that he attracted the ladies. Even being half white, now.

<style type="text/css">
.axesam-sdb0109 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ed77e0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.axesam-sdb0109 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.axesam-sdb0109 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.axesam-sdb0109 {margin:0px auto; width:470px; background-color:#fafefe; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EWyP5.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #eeddee; padding: 10px 0px 340px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#db52dc; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
_EPIC_FAIL_ Sad Words-400

The change in color just on the lower fringes of his vision had been gradual. Being reminded of it again was enough for him to take notice but he had come to see it as normal. Well, perhaps not normal, but it didn’t attract his attention as it seemed to do for most others who had known him. If he were to see his reflection it would still be a stranger staring back at him though. Since Jaden was Six months old his fur had never been white. His dad called it a weakness in the Alaskan’s appearance, something that would hinder his job of staying hidden until the first hit of his weapons was felt. That didn’t matter now as a leader of a thus-far-peaceful pack. Neither red of blood nor black to hide him would taint his fur. It represented a change that he encouraged. He had nothing to hide and no one to hide from, only a pack to represent.

Rio’s eager steps to analyze him put a slightly awkward smile about the Issum’s face. He chuckled a little and tried to follow her with his eyes while not moving his body too much under her scrutiny. The male ran his hands over his white chest as if to smooth out the fur or clean it in some way. I have let it grow out in my travels… you like it? He asked, a little unsure of what he saw in her lavender eyes. Jaden liked Rio quite a bit. Her telling him he looked bad would do a considerable amount to convince him color was needed again on the white.

Jaden found a bit of comfort in the fact that Rio was not alone. He was a bit afraid for her and why he didn’t know. She’d lasted this long. Apparently she was doing something right. But hearing that she had chosen to join Miracles wasn’t as good of news. But he smiled anyway and didn’t show his disappointment. They have a good alpha. You should be safe there. It was all he could really offer after almost losing his life to the man. and I’m glad to hear you found companions to stay with. Anyone I know? It was a shameless prod to make sure she wasn’t befriending anyone he knew to be dangerous or unstable. More worry. But he smiled and tried not to show the intention.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-lake74 b {font-weight:bold; color:#348781; }
.jaden-lake74 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0; margin:0px;}
.jaden-lake74 {margin:0 auto; width:507px; background-color:#9fc9de; border:3px solid #000000; padding: 361px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:1.2em; color:#1589FF; line-height:1.3em; text-align:justify;background-image:url(http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/15/57/31/07/lake-l10.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.jaden-lake74 .text {border-top:3px solid #000000;}
.jaden-lake74 .pad {padding:15px}
.jaden-lake74 .ooc {font-style:italic;border-bottom:3px solid #000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
LOL. >.< [WC: 271 | Pts: 0]

She wasn’t sure how she felt about his white fur. It was definitely different, and for as long as she had known him – she didn’t know his fur was originally white. ”Its… different.” She continued to let her eyes wander over him, checking every detail. Then she piped up again, ”Not in a bad way. Just… I never thought you to be naturally white-furred.” Black fur suited Jaden well, but she wasn’t sure how she saw him as now that he was letting his purity show.

She studied him for a few more seconds before looking away and continuing their conversation. She still felt weird about his new color, but she was sure that she would get used to it in time. Thinking of the alpha, she realized she knew the man from her childhood. Though, she didn’t know if he would remember her. She nodded at his statement and smiled. ”Yes, I believe he is.” She really couldn’t say for sure anymore, but he took her in after the rape and so she believed she would be safe once more. Thinking about her roommates, her ears flattened a bit. She hoped not. ”Umm… Harvey Butler and Itzal… Know them?” They were probably not in the best interest of Jaden if he did know them. Both were trouble in their own way, but what Rio could remember of Itzal – she had no recollection of him being trouble, as for Harvey – she didn’t get that deep into knowing him. She just felt bad and wanted him to stay with her. He hadn’t done anything yet to show her that he was dangerous.

<style>
.rioflower2 { background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/2pt781t.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#bcdcdc; width:507px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:280px 0px 10px 0px; color:#000; font-family: 'Quando', serif; font-size:14px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;}
.rioflower2 b {color:#bf8eb0; }
.rioflower2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.rioflower2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }

</style>[/html]
[html]
Words-200

My fur was red before it was black, Jaden said with a grin. He found the look on Rio’s face quite amusing. Never thought you to be naturally white furred? at least she didn’t pretended she loved it. The bicolored wolf wondered vaguely what others who knew him as black would think of his pelt. No doubt she wouldn’t be the only one to prefer black.

When she looked to have gotten enough of his white fur, the woman continued on to answer his question. He hadn’t known the woman for a long time necessarily, but he did know her well enough to see the change in her expression and in the tone of her voice. She knew one or more of her group was trouble. Did she hope he didn’t know them? If that was the case then she was in luck. Neither name rang familiar in white-lined ears. But the male’s brow rose a bit questioningly. I don’t know them. But you know how to pick your friends… no one dangerous I hope?

An answer to his question wasn’t really expected if she found it none of his business. And if that was the case then he wouldn’t stretch the silence awkwardly. What sort of accommodations did you find here? He looked over to a rather broken down building across the way. It didn’t seem any of these would be fit for a home. If one of her companions could fix up a place then it might work out, or if she herself knew about repairing structures. There was still a lot about Rio he didn’t know past the few bits of sensitive information he had so that was possible too.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-lake74 {margin:0 auto; width:507px; background-color:#9fc9de; border:3px solid #000000; padding: 361px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:1.2em; color:#1589FF; line-height:1.3em; text-align:justify;background-image:url(http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/15/57/31/07/lake-l10.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOc. [WC: 231 | Pts: 0]

She responded before she reacted, ”Red too? Wow…” She lost her gaze on him for a few seconds trying to imagine him with red fur. How red?” She couldn’t imagine that either, but maybe he looked nice. She always thought Jaden’s fur was naturally black, and now that she knew his secret – the secret that it was naturally white – his sex appeal was lowered for her. She didn’t find him as attractive as she thought he was when she assumed he was naturally black-furred. It was better for Xy’rin that way, she guessed. No more competition.

”None that I know of.” Rio was completely ignorant to the dangers that lived in her house – what, with Itzal and his double personality problem and Harvey with his mafia background. The two wolves were as sweet as can be with her, and to Rio and all of her ignorance, she would never suspect either of them to have a neglected past or present, even. ”Well, I found a house that was strong enough to live in. There were a few rooms and the balcony that couldn’t be entered – but after a little cleaning out, it was suitable enough.” She worked her butt off fixing up the house. She threw out unnecessary things, and then cleaned until she couldn’t feel her muscles anymore. She would make a great wife one day, she already knew it.

<style>
.rioflower2 { background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/2pt781t.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#bcdcdc; width:507px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:280px 0px 10px 0px; color:#000; font-family: 'Quando', serif; font-size:14px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;}

</style>[/html]
[html]
Words-200+

Further displeasure would come from Rio at picturing him in red fur. It was definitely unique but unattractive? Jaden didn’t think so. Regardless, the reason he no longer wore it that way was plain to anyone who had seen it. The bloody symbolism wasn’t difficult to guess at. Perhaps I will where it red again someday. Then you can see just how red. He grinned at her. It was unlikely but should he ever have reason to he would make a mental note to find her and let her judge.

Her answer seemed honest enough. Her acquaintances were likely kind enough if she couldn’t even tell they were bad. He could hope that was the case anyway. So the man turned his attention to her home. He had never lived in a human dwelling. They were odd colored and tall, their entrances were so angular, the windows that were meant to let in light were often lined with sharp and broken glass, and those that weren’t were scratched and dirty. To him it seemed there were no appealing aspects of living in a human structure. But maybe she knew something he didn’t or her cleaning skills were quite incredible. Sounds like quite a job. Is there anything I can do to help while I’m here? His offer would be useless if she planned on moving into the Miracles pack quite soon. He would like to be of some use to her if he could.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOc. [WC: 274 | Pts: 0]

Rio smiled at him, "Maybe one day." She wasn't exactly looking forward to seeing him with red fur, but if it were to happen - she would look. And then she would judge and really find out whether she liked colorful Jaden better than black assassin-looking Jaden. All quiet girls had a liking for bad boys - it was true. Rio always found herself chasing after the boys with the dark past or messed up background. She found that it just made life more interesting.

After contemplating Jaden’s offer for a moment or so, she shook her head. ”Nope. I’ve done everything I could.” The house was pretty clean, and what needed to be fixed, in reality, it didn’t. There was no need to fix an old, abandoned, broken down human home unless one decided to live there for a while - in which, this case, she didn't. That was Harvey and Itzal’s problem when she left - if they were even still there by that time.

Rio thought about what she could offer the man while he decided to come and visit. The thought hit her like a slap in the face. ”Oh! How rude of me!” She slapped a palm to her forward and really faced him. ”Would you like to come and see my house? I’ll give you the grand tour.” She smiled widely at him. There was nothing else to do, really, in the abandoned town except for sitting and talking - and one could do so much of that. Jaden might as well see her living quarters - since he seemed to be curious about them anyway.

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]
Words-300+

Jaden was a bit disappointed when Rio said she needed nothing from him. Most every friendship he had ever built had a stable base revolving around favors, shared skills, or love of one form or another. Rio wasn‘t exactly built for battle nor had he seen any sort of truly creative weapon work from her. No shared skills. He certainly knew they didn’t share love. She was a bit attractive in the face, yes, but that didn’t constitute love. Now it didn’t seem he could offer her any help or favors. If she had no use for him, then what would continue to keep their budding relationship mutually beneficial? He was unsure but knew he would like to keep seeing the woman. She was different than anyone he knew. Much more carefree, the thought, than any other person and much nicer to speak with.

She didn’t seem to view this the same way he did though. Seeming a little annoyed with herself for not thinking of it sooner, she invited him to see her home. The thought had crossed his mind but it was her abode. If she didn’t wish to share its location and whatnot then so be it. He could have lived without. But it seemed it was only a slip of her mind that she didn’t offer him the opportunity before now. That was fine too. Hmmm… Jaden paused for a moment and glanced back in the general direction he knew his and X’ies’ campsite was. He had said the whole day was theirs for rest, hadn’t he? What would be another hour or two? X’ies can deal with it. Simple enough. I would love to see your home. It’ll be a nice change of pace from my travels. He smiled and prepared to follow her should she lead him off then.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOc. [WC: 328 | Pts: 3]

A large smile bloomed on Rio’s lips, ”Excellent!” Then she ushered him to follow her towards her house. They cut a corner, and headed down a long street in the direction of the block that all the row houses were on, including Rio’s. Rio walked kind of slow, still trying to keep the conversation going and not trying to rush the man. ”So… About those fighting lessons you were going to give me… I’d still like them.” They hadn’t talked about it in a while, and she wanted the man to know that she was still interested. She felt he would be a good teacher for her.

The two came around the block with the row houses, and Rio crossed the street hoping that Jaden already knew to follow her wherever she turned. Rio approached a blue house with a porch with a white metal railing. The carefully stepped up the stairs, ”Well, this is the outside of my house. The porch.” There was a wooden bench off to the side and a small plastic table. The door was decorated nicely, painted white as well with painted glass for a window. Rio turned the knob, and held the door open for Jaden to go in first.

The living room's walls were painted yellow with a stained white carpet covering the floor. There was an L-shaped couch and a large mirror that hung on the wall over it. The stairs started across from the door, at the end of the couch. They lead to an upstairs that held her bedroom as well as Harvey's bedroom. The living room also led into the kitchen, the little makeshift dining room, and the hallway that led to the third bedroom and the broken bathroom - and the backyard. Rio smiled, "And this is the common room." She held her arm out for Jaden to see everything. As he came in, she closed the door behind him and proceded further into the room.

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]
Words-200+

Rio’s pep seemed to never leave her as she ushered him into the city. He kept pace with her and tried to keep conversation going as well while glancing around every now and then. He still did not trust cities. There were just so many places for thieves to hide or ambush. He got a little bit of comfort in the obvious thought that his friend would have already found and noted any questionable wolves. She spoke up and took his attention from a spooky looking broken down church. Oh ya? he said thinking back to the offer. I did say I would train you. Perhaps I will venture back down this way in a few months and we can train then? I think we would need more than one day together to accomplish anything useable. he smiled at her before glancing back out on the decrepit buildings.

They reached Rio’s home soon enough and he looked on it with curious eyes. She led him up some steps and over a wooden porch. He noted how cold the metal railing was before proceeding inside through the door she opened for him. He paused just after the threshold gazed around at the room he now found himself in. It was very similar to the home he had stayed in during his time in Ichika no-Hoen. The one he had shared with Verloren… he stopped the thought short as she entered behind him and proclaimed this room to be the “common” room. It’s very… cozy. he said thoughtfully. The room smelled of her two other companions but he saw no faces for these scents. Your friends are out? he asked. Perhaps he could meet on or both of them and gage their personalities for himself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
I asked the roomates to join, so maybe they will make an appearance Smile [WC: 324 | Pts: 3]

Rio smiled and nodded, ”I like to keep things that way.” Then she moved through the house, showing him the non-existent dining room, and then the kitchen (which she worked her butt off cleaning). ”Here’s where we store meat, and little jars of water for easy snacking.” She liked easy snacking. She found it to be… easy. She gave him a moment to soak it all in and question if he needed to and then she moved toward the most distant room of the house, Itzal’s room. She put an ear to the door, but didn’t hear anything. ”I don’t know if they’re home, but I’m sure you’ll see at least one of them before the tour is over.” She didn’t want to knock and wake Itzal up if he was sleeping. That would be rude.

So then she led Jaden up toward upstairs, taking the stairs easily showing him there was no rush, just in case he wasn’t used to flights of stairs. She didn’t want him falling, now. When they reached the landing, eventually, she showed him the stained couch that sat there. ”There’s the couch. That’s my door, and that’s Harvey’s door.” She moved to open her door, and allow him to come in after her. Her room was bright blue, the only one with a window, and it had a master bathroom (that was useless) and a walk-in closet. She stored her medicine in the bathroom and stored some extra blankets in the closet. She hung the few dresses and skirts that she took from that shop in Halifax on the few hangers that were in there too. Her bed was full-size and fluffy, having blue sheets and a comforter of the same color as well. It was also draped with a white wolf pelt, mostly for decoration. She didn’t know who’s skin that was, but it reminded her faintly of her brother. Maybe that was why she liked it.

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]

Itzal groaned and stretched himself out. He had been out late last night, hunting. Itzal wasn't sure what he had started off hunting but by the end of the night he had two dead rabbits, a few squirrels, and a fox. They hadn't truly satisfied him but they would have to do is what he told himself. By the time he had returned to his temporary home the moon was falling slowly and the house was dead quiet. He had slipped into his room and happily fallen into a blissful sleep. But now he stirred, wondering what had finally awoken him. He rolled off of the bed and stood, listening carefully. He thought he heard Rio's footsteps and her voice once but he also heard a louder set of footsteps. Itzal assumed that they belong to Harvey and moved to his door. He turned the knob and walked out into the main room.

"Rio?" He called, walking towards the bottom of the stairs where he could hear her talking to someone. Only it wasn't Harvey. Harvey knew where everything was in the house, so Rio had no reason to give him a tour. Itzal's curiosity was peaked as he walked up the stairs. He walked over to her bedroom door and glance inside. He noticed Rio but he quickly looked from her to the stranger standing in the door way. He looked him over with a quick sweep of his eyes, gauging if the man was a warrior. Itzal guessed yes from his first look. The bow helped give it away but also could catch the way the man stood. Itzal wasn't sure who the man was, but he obviously knew Rio. "Good morning Rio." He said, before looking at her friend again, "Hello there. I'm Itzal, one of Rio's tenants. Who are you?" He asked, keeping his expression controlled. Itzal trusted Rio, to an extent, but this man was a stranger. And Itzal never trust strangers. They were just as likely to try and kill him as they were talk to him. Maybe more likely to kill him, in Itzal's experience. So he put a polite smile on his face, and watched the man carefully.

<style>
.itzal-tbl .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-tbl p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-tbl b {color:#E5F8DC; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#1F261B 2px 2px 2px; }
.itzal-tbl {background-color:#2F4424; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzalgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A8DB8E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:243px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-tbl-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Words-400+

Jaden let Rio lead him around the house as she saw fit. For the most part he was quiet and analyzed the home as it was laid out before him. It seemed the woman and her roommates had gone to great lengths to make the ancient feeling wood, carpet, tile and paint comfortable. Medicine, food and water for easy access, private rooms, it all seemed well thought out. Some things he wasn’t sure why they had been kept. The “couch” was an odd thing indeed. Jaden wasn’t sure why someone would need any type of furniture. You could rest in you bedding area and if you were not resting you would not need to sit. Maybe to do crafting of some sort but the couch didn’t seem to be for that purpose either.

He didn’t question her furniture after putting a great deal of concentration in not tripping up the staircase but instead followed the woman into her room. While the rest of the house smelled of her male companions this room was all Rio. Her smell was heavy enough that he would have known it was where she slept even if she hadn’t said so. He entered the room with the same inquisitive analyzing he’d given the other rooms. He walked near one of the walls and felt the blue surface for texture until her found her bed. These human things were another oddly useless thing he didn’t quite understand. Again, why was this preferable to the furs or the ground? He did see that there was fur on it and quickly recognized it wasn’t just any fur. Rio had a wolf’s pelt on her bed. He reached down and felt the fur gently before glancing up a bit confused at her. Having another wolf’s fur on your bed seemed a bit… morbid. Rio was to nearly every extent the opposite of morbid in the male’s mind. But it was her home and he stayed silent at this too, his confusion turning into a friendly smile.

Before he could offer his final opinion of her home, one of her male friends appeared in the doorway. His smile faded slightly at the sight of the scarred stranger but his features still stayed positive. Itzal introduced himself politely but didn’t seem overly excited by a new face or eager to trust the tall nomad. Understandable. Jaden was intruding in his home after all. I’m Jaden, a friend of Rio’s from up north. You would be the man helping her keep this place together then? He stepped away from the bed and gave Itzal a polite nod in greeting. His blue eyes were friendly enough but behind them was a hint of expectation. Intentional or not, Jaden would judge this male quickly on exactly how he answered the posed question. He glanced to Rio and smiled momentarily, It is a beautiful place. Then his eyes and attention settled back on Itzal.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

((343)) Hope this isn't too hectic for me to toss Harv at you all. ;u;

Harvey

The red merle male had been taking a nap in his bed, quite relaxed after a walk about the ruined city where he chose to reside. He'd been resting for long enough, however, it wasn't his circadian rhythm that awoke him, but rather a chorus of voices he'd picked up outside his bedroom. It wasn't quite right outside of his door, but close enough that the aussie dog woke up curious as to who was accompanying who upstairs. The Brit could recognize two of the voices of this friend Rio and the fellow tenant, Itzal, but the third individual was a stranger to him.

Getting up in a groggy manner, hand ran through his mess of darkening reddish locks, Harvey Butler headed for the door. He paused, hand on the handle, and yawned, but quietly, as not to disturb any conversation taking place.

With a slow movement, the red-blotched luperci opened the door, stepping out to see the collection of others atop the stairs. Well, I do 'ope I'm not disturbin' anyfin'... He said with a smile, 'Ave t' admit, found meself curious as t' what was goin' on out 'ere. Did I miss somefin'? The last question was more of a joke, and he didn't expect, nor really even desire an answer; it was asked purely for amusement, for digging into the business of others was impolite.

Bi-coloured brown and blue eyes glanced to the stranger in the room, a male wolf nearby Rio, who seemed to have been showing him around.

Per'aps anovah tenant? Tha' would be interestin'... His mind wondered as he asked himself questions, but after realizing the impoliteness of it all, even if they were secret in his head, Harvey stopped himself, focusing instead on if he was truly intruding on anything or not.

Pardon me, I've forgotten me manners! The cockney canine announced, shaking his head some. Oh, terribly sorry, I am. Pleasah, sir, I'm Harvey Butler. Harv for short, or if ya prefer. The australian shepherd said with a grin. He always loved meeting new people.

<style>
.Harvey-London p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Harvey-London b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.Harvey-London-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]
I’ve been putting this off for waaay too long, sorry guys >.< [WC: 229 | Pts: 0]

As all the roomates seemed to gather around Rio’s doorway, she smiled. She saw the bit of awkwardness between Jaden and Itzal, but didn’t think much of it. It didn’t seem that it would escalate, so she let the men have their conversation. ”Thank you, Jaden.” Then her eyes fell on Itzal as they all expected him to answer Jaden’s question. He wasn’t exactly the only one helping to keep it together, Harvey was a big help also, but she kept her mouth closed.

Harvey ambled into the room as well, and Rio pushed passed Itzal gently hoping to lead the party into the lobby and out of her room so everyone could talk and get as acquainted as they wanted to. Rio leaned on the banister of the stairs and looked at Harvey. ”Hope we didn’t wake you. That’s my friend Jaden. I’m showing him the house.” She pointed at the nomad still in her bedroom, talking with Itzal. Then she called out to Jaden, ”This is the other man who’s been helping me keep things together.” And she pointed at Harvey, which then allowed them to get acquainted as well. Rio was just quiet, and she sat back as all the men assumed their places and importance like all men would when meeting another. She was happy that women didn’t greet like that, or at least most women.

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]

I'm really sorry for the wait guys >.<

Itzal glance at Rio and gave a guarded smile as she moved out of the room. He wouldn't let his guard down enough to show any real emotion when a stranger was around. Itzal then looked back at Jaden and nodded, "I help as much as I can. She is a pretty capable little girl though." It was true, Itzal's only important job had been hunting for them, and that was easy enough for the black warrior. And it gave him a good excuse to slip off and hunt more dangerous prey, so he could satisfy Eztli. Eztli had been good around Rio for the most part, but that was probably due to Itzal's extra measures to keep control.

Itzal looked around the room and nodded with a polite smile when Jaden mention the house's beauty. "Yes it is indeed. It may not be a mansion but it is home." Itzal had seen one of those before, buried deep in some woods he had been exploring once upon a time. He wasn't sure why anyone would want to live in something so....huge. Someone could break into your house and you might never know it in a house that huge. Itzal much preferred his little home with Rio and Harvey.

He glanced out the doorway as Rio pushed past him, hearing Harvey's voice. Itzal glanced at Jaden, "It seems that our other roommate has risen to greet you." He said in a slightly joking tone. Itzal hoped that Harvey would help ease the tension he was feeling. Itzal didn't like or trust strangers, but Harvey was the kind of likable person that could help him relax. "Morning Harv." He called out of the door way, glancing at the other male as he nodded at him.

<style>
.itzal-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-d04 b {color:#7DA4DE; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.itzal-d04 {background-color:#1E365A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#070F1A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Words-400+

Itzal was polite and kind with only a hint of tension. Not all enjoyed meeting new people and some had their own reasons for disliking strangers. Jaden had been one of those types until founding his pack. But something bothered the ex-assassin about Itzal. He had scars about his body that led to believe he had some experience in standing and fighting rather than running. That said he was brave or very skilled. Good attributes for someone who was in a position to protect Rio. Something else still bit at him though, like there was something more to Itzal than he was able to see. For better or for worse it intrigued Jaden a little as he knew his instincts about such things to usually be accurate. I’m sure Rio appreciates your help. he answered with a his eyes still a bit analytical on the man before turning moving past him to follow the mentioned woman after she had left her quarters.

The second and last roommate Rio had mentioned was already out when he stepped into the hall. Jaden’s eyes lit gladly at the chance to meet both of them. He trusted Rio quite a bit but felt she might be a bit naive about the nature of people. To verify that these men were not worrisome would make him feel better about his friend’s safety. That’s quite alright, he stopped in the room where Rio kept her seemingly useless “couch”, It’s nice to meet you too Harvey—or uh, Harv. He said good naturedly. Harvey was scarred similarly to Itzal, if not a wee bit more, but he did not inspire the same feelings of mystery. He looked sounded slightly sure of himself and stood in a way that told the same. He was polite in his manner and Jaden chalked him up as a bit easier to read than the other male.

Now surrounded by Rio and her friends Jaden smiled and looked from one to the others. I’m glad to see Rio has some good company out here, In meeting Harvey and being momentarily distracted by his accent he had forgotten his small feelings of intrigue in Itzal and so spoke kindly of them both. A moment later he recalled it and realized that, while easier to read, Harvey was still an oddity. So are you two longtime friends of Rio? he asked and let his shifting gaze exclude Rio and settle on the two of them, Or did you just stroll by one day and see a pretty lady who needed some help? said the male in a joking tone. He also grinned at them to express the last questions in sincerity. Some harmless fishing to figure out a bit more information that could be considered polite conversation.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]